The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
2377 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale, NY 11735Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/farmingdale/specials
- Phone: 6317524242
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please note: two burner requests can not be honored via online reservations. To request these tables, you must call the restaurant and our Hospitality Specialist will be happy to assist you.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer large party rooms that can accommodate 26 to 68 guests. We are happy to accommodate lunch parties for 20 or more guests with adequate notice. Please visit our website to view banquet menus.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Gracia/Christina Costanzo 6317524242
- Entertainment: Enhance your dining experience with one of our custom celebration packages! Simply state which package you would like waiting at your table.
Roses - 3 for $20/ 6 for $30 - both include vase, greenery and a photo of party.
Balloon Package: $12 - includes balloons, a Melting Pot chocolate bar and a photo.
Golf Package: $25 - pint glass, logo balls, tees, a towel and a photo.
Teddy Bear: $18 - includes balloons, bear and a photo.
Souvenir Package: $25 - logo pint glass, t-shirt, balloons and photo.
- Special Events: Join our Club Fondue to receive emails regarding special events and coupons! Visit www.meltingpot.com for more details.
A word from The Melting Pot - Farmingdale
Join us for a fabulous fondue feast at the nation's largest fondue restaurant! The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale - Best Restaurants in Farmingdale ›
The Melting Pot - Farmingdale reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (146)romantic (117)good for groups (90)fit for foodies (57)notable wine list (32)kid-friendly (29)hot spot (27)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- LOVE the melting pot! (Glutenfree)MandarinoDined on 8/22/2014Went with the hubby for a date night. Impressive waitstaff - out server was personable, timed everything perfect, and was great but even other staff was quick to help. My hubby needs to be gluten free and most of there menu is naturally gluten free and the staff is knowledgable. We each took advantage of the 4 course meal and each item was better than the next. We most certainly be back and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for drinks and dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014Had a blast with friends over chocolate fondue with drinks. Great privacy, tho service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appi and desert skip mainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014The service was not so great and I never say that. It was great fun but I would not order a main course again just appi and skip right to desert. The kids had a blastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!DaniDined on 8/20/2014The melting pot in Farmingdale is a great place to have a girls night with your friends or a date night with your significant other. I am there once every couple of months. Great food, great service and always a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like no otherMikeDined on 8/19/2014You won't find many places this great! The food and the experience is like no other and the staff is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We had Angela as our server and she was fabulous. The manager came and checked on us. We love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for what you getDylanj819Dined on 8/17/2014Way too expensive. I got the Steak Lovers dish and it was $39 but there was about $15 worth the steak. The food did cook very fast but I do not recommend the steak. When you take it out of the pot its a depressed grey color and its extremely chewy. The Cheese Fondue was a dissapointment as well.I ordered the Fiesta Cheese. It was not cheesy, it's consistancy was like if you were to just melt cheddar cheese. It was rubbery and did not taste good. The best part of the meal was the dessert. I ordered the Chocolate Smores. The taste was amazing however they barely put any chocolate in the pot. It was mostly gone after dipping about 4 things into it. I would not recommend this restaurant, it is over priced and the food is decent at its best.Special Features:
- Great experienceJackieDined on 8/17/2014We loved The Melting Pot. The service and the food were amazing. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteJustcheesyDined on 8/16/2014The front rooms offer a sense of privacy with high backed booths which create a quiet, just You atmosphere. The back room where we were this visit was uncomfortably loud. The server was gracious & unintrusive. The food was excellent. The female bathroom was filthy but cared for when it was communicated to management. Overall an awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!!!NicoleLDined on 8/15/2014Love going here. Been here twice with my boyfriends both to celebratr anniversaries! So romantic and fun :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014It's a place to go for a different experience, it's also great if you just want dessert, just a little on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly IndulgencefoodseekerDined on 8/10/2014This is a not a small restaurant but it has an intimate, relaxed environment. The staff is warm and knowledgable. I don't have the words to describe how incredible the food tastes. We've celebrated many special occasions here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!KeithDined on 8/9/2014Another great meal at our favorite restaurant! We had an amazing meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic good, long service timeaconDined on 8/7/2014We took my mother here for her birthday and the restaurant truly exceeded all of our expectations. They had a few birthday surprises for her and very friendly service. The food was delicious and we loved the cook-your-own-meal concept. Our only complaint was that the service was LONG even though the restaurant wasn't crowded at all (we had also been told we couldn't make an earlier reservation because the restaurant was packed, but that didn't seem to be the case). Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly- again, the length of the dining experience was our only complaint. If you do a full four course meal it is admittedly nice to space out each course so you don't feel overwhelmed with food, but it would have been nice to know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant wait to go back!mylibraryfriendsDined on 8/7/2014Finally made it for 80's night! Loved the menu, great service. Lots of fun with the fondue! Did think the 80's theme would have been more noticeable. Disappointed that the music seemed to repeat when there were so many other great 80's songs that could have been included.Special Features:
- My reviewSuziDined on 8/5/2014I believe the most important part of the restaurant is when you first walk in and greeted by the hostesses the horstesses were Excellent and I'd like to thank themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just because...CHfromSBUXDined on 8/2/2014We were hungry. 4 courses were delicious. Knowledgable server. One if my favorite local spots.Special Features:
- Great place for special nights out!da32Dined on 8/1/2014This is a great romantic spot. If you've never done fondue and are a little unsure, try eating dinner elsewhere and going to Melting Pot for just cheese and dessert fondue. We love it, and go at least once/year for the full 4 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Positive dining experience for me and my daughters ( ages 21 and 23). A lot of food options. (One daughter is vegetarian). A bit pricey but well worth it. Big food portions. The four-course meals is certainly the best value, but there will be so much food. Leave room for dessert. The chocolate fondue at the end is not be missed. If possible, request for Joe as your waiter.Special Features:
- Had a great timeRobRDined on 7/30/2014First time to this restaurant and trying fondue. Both my wife and I had a great time. We went for our 26th anniversary. Food was great, had the 4 course meal that was filling for us. Waitress Danielle was one of the best waitresses we ever had. Made us feel welcome, helped with our selections and even brought us a plate written in icing that said “Happy Anniversary, Here’s to another 26 years of Love” with two glasses of champagne. Manager even was told it was our anniversary and came over to ask us how everything was and wish us a happy anniversary. Real nice touch. Going back with the family soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique dining experienceJimLINYDined on 7/27/2014This is a restaurant that we come to about once a month. It is a unique style that is always pleasurable. The food is always top quality and fresh. Don't even think of going here and not getting dessert!!Special Features:
- Not for dinnerMusicalfoodieDined on 7/26/2014Even though the staff was helpful and friendly, the food was not at all what I thought. All of it had to be cooked in oil on the table and came out either over or undercooked. This place is probably great for dessert but not for an actual meal. Also, at the end they would not let us take home the left over ravioli which we had paid for.Special Features:
- hidden jemluvfoodDined on 7/25/2014The Melting Pot has been open for awhile I don't know why more people have not gone the food there is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodloveallfoodDined on 7/24/2014The food was delicious! We've never done fondue before. It was a great experience! Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well (had a migraine) so we skipped out on the chocolate. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Our waiter was amazing and recommended the gluten free bread and gluten free deserts. He was extremely accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't a fan of the boiled foodjohnDined on 7/23/2014Appetizers were great, Desert was great, just was not a fan of the way you cook the food there.Special Features:
- Fun night outLotusVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great food and lots of fun if you like cheese fondue, cooking your own food and melted chocolate. Good date spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itNSchmidtDined on 7/20/2014Been here a few times. First time I took my kids 14 n 8. The server helped me figure out how to get what I wanted at the best price n the food was great. Very happy with everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumMariessaDined on 7/20/2014Food was excellent as always. Our server Jeff was awesome! Definitely will try to come back soon!Special Features:
- First Melting Pot ExperienceNicoleVIPDined on 7/18/2014My husband, daughter and I had our first melting pot experience at the Farmingdale location. We were greeted with some free cocktails which were very fruity and tasty (just needed some ice). The waitress was kind to help us understand the menu and how the fondue experience worked. We ordered cheddar cheese fondue which came with apples, bread and veggies. We'd probably try other cheese next time because other dips came with tortilla chips. For dinner, we ordered land & sea (yum!), cajun and another entree with 6 different meats, We ordered turtle dessert which is to die for! Our family loved the experience and would love to come back.Only negative was the smell in the restaurant. With all the different flavors people were cooking with.Special Features:
- Great waiterstatdrVIPDined on 7/16/2014Always have good service but this waiter was great! I love the fact that they will customize with no question. Always offers of extra dippers and whichever ones you want. Beautiful setting, very relaxing lovely dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Dont go!sarvahmarDined on 7/14/2014The food is just ok and the girlsa t the front desk are rude! We had a reservation for 8:30 we got there at 8 and where told that they would set us in 5-10 mins. so no big deal we sat at the bar. Then at 8:30 affter seeing walk ins being seated Iasked when we will be seated. They said they have other people and that it will now be another 10 mins. We got a table at 8:48 pm in a part of the resturant that was opened just for us becuase the other tables had been taken. THEN the hostest todl us they had to accomadate the walkins bc we had a table set for 8:30. The server was nice enugh... but I will not go back ever. Oh and the manager never came over to the table even when we asked. This is not the first bad time!
- Never disappointedTheBloodmanDined on 7/13/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary. As members of the fondue club, we'd received a voucher for 1/2 dozen chocolate strawberries. Very delicious. We took advantage of The Melting Pot's "stay-cation" special. Greeted at the door with a sample tropical drink. We like the new menu and it's wide variety of choices. Fish allergy prevents us from have seafood but the Melting Pot is very good at substituting out for extra meat. We had the Caribbean cheese fondue. It was very interesting, mixing pineapple juice and white wine. You wouldn't think that would be good but it actually was and the fondue itself had a mild sweetness to it. Flaming turtle for desert was perfect. As always, the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special placezebraDined on 7/12/2014I love to go to the Melting pot for my special occasions..birthday, engagement etc.. I find it romantic, service good and cheery and NO TVs with sports all over the place.stay the way you areSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I took a break from the kids and dined at the Melting Pot this past week. Everything was fantastic. We went with the 4 course option and started with the spinach & artichoke cheese fondue. Delicious. Each of us enjoyed seperate entrees and finished with the standard milk chocolate fondue. Everything was very good and the pace of the meal was perfect. We've found dining at other fondue restaurants to be arduous at times but this wasn't the case at Melting Pot. There were a number of smaller kids there and there is a children's menu available. We didn't find the bill too bad (we were pleasantly surprised actually) but my wife is pregnant so there was no alcohol consumed. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management is committedlinderDined on 7/11/2014The manager was attentive to the customers, he ensured the dining experience was good and memorable. Enjoyed a girl's night out. Try the tapas menu with a cheese fondue to start and finish with a chocolate fondue. A++ experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!Thisisme7Dined on 7/11/2014We chose the Melting Pot to celebrate my birthday and everything was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Date DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I went on a first date at The Melting Pot and could not have asked for a better experience. Our waiter was one of the friendliest and most knowledgeable waiters I have ever had, the four course fondue meal was outstanding.Special Features:
- Amazing place to eatkellyDined on 7/10/2014I've heard about this place but never knew there was one in my home town so I took my boyfriend there for his birthday and we loved it. My favorite part was how secluded the booths were - it gave a lot of privacy which i loved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!Eiramasil919Dined on 7/8/2014We decided to take our kids, ages 12 and 10, to something a little fancier and different than usual. We made reservations and got there early. They were able to take us immediately. It was nicely appointed inside, my kids liked the waterfall wall, but once you were in your booth, it was very cozy and it felt like it was only you there! Every course was delicious and got better as the evening went along. Our server was attentive and friendly. We never felt rushed or ignored, just right. Realize when you go, you cook your own meal and the whole experience will be at least two hours. Our family had a great time talking and laughing together. The kids didn't touch their electronics the whole night and it was very enjoyable!Special Features: