The Melting Pot - Dayton
453 Miamisburg Centerville Road
Dayton, OH 45459Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Dayton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/centerville-dayton/specials
- Phone: (937) 567-8888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner:Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Fondue, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a screened off private party room for up to 40 people. Great for business meeting, or any other occasion, like birthday parties, rehearsal dinners and such.
- Private Party Contact: David or Matt 9375678888x
A word from The Melting Pot - Dayton
At The Melting Pot, fondue becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where guests can truly dip into something different. Following a creamy cheese fondue and lively salad, guests choose from flavorful fondue cooking styles and a variety of entrées including filet mignon, lobster, breast of chicken, duck, shrimp, salmon and more. Dessert features mouthwatering chocolate fondue served with dipping items like fresh strawberries, cheesecake, marshmallows, pound cake and brownies. The Melting Pot offers a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, fine wines, attentive service and signature fondue dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Dayton - Best Restaurants in Dayton ›
The Melting Pot - Dayton reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)romantic (83)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ExcellentFondueloverDined on 11/9/2014A great place for family and parties. My family loves the fun you have. The food is excellent. It can be a long dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but disappointingTryingnewplacesDined on 11/9/2014My daughter and I took my son for his 30th birthday at his request. We all ordered the 4-Course Experience. When we got to the entrée we all chose Steak Lovers. However, when the waiter came back (Blake was awesome), he informed us that they were out of the Certified Angus Beef Sirloin. They split the difference between the teriyaki marinated sirloin and the filet which was ok, however, I really would have preferred the sirloin. Then when we got to the desserts, we ordered Flaming Turtle, and the waiter came back and said they were out of the candied pecans. We were told there were 250 people in on Saturday. For $38.95 a meal, I don't really care about who came in yesterday and I don't think a restaurant should run out of stuff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for any occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014They have the restaurant set up so there private romantic spots and larger group areas. Food was great and there was alot of it. Got the steak lovers and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy & funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Fun place to go out with the girls. Great for date night or with a group of friends when you are looking for a relaxing atmosphere allowing time to talk and visit and eat great food that can be fun to prepare.Special Features:
- The Melting Pot , DaytonFonduefor2Dined on 11/1/2014Took my wife of seventeen years on our anniversary. Very nice setting and the best one on one dining experience we have every had!! We will definetly return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceNotPleasedDined on 11/1/2014This place was absolutely ridiculous! The wife and I had reservations for a certain time and waited for nearly half an hour! What is the point of a reservation if you can't even seat us immediately. To top that off, people were coming in AFTER us and still getting seated before we were! In order to prevent myself from getting even more frustrated with hostess, I decided to settle for a table when I specifically asked for a booth. Does this resteraunt even know how to regulate the temperature? The table was freezing and we were absolutely hating it from the beginning. After 15 more minutes of waiting to order a drink, we explain to our waitress that we are in a rush. This woman has the audacity to pull her phone out while getting our order!Special Features:
- Was expecting moreStacyDined on 10/31/2014We have been to other locations but this was our first visit to the Centerville location. After having not 1 but 2 GIANT glasses of ice water spilled all over me by the busser in the first 5 minutes I spent the rest of my dinner soaked and very cold. NOT fun. Yes, I know it was an accident and accidents happen but after that we did not see anyone for 15 min. Our order did come out with the premium dippers we upgraded to and by the time they did (20 min later) we were out of fondue and then treated like it was our fault. Service was very poor and practically non existent. Our waitress pretty much abandoned us and the manager that came out had a chip on her shoulder and did not make anything better. Not a fun experience.Special Features:
- PerfectLovesocheeseyDined on 10/17/2014We always enjoy going to the melting pot for our special occasions. We go twice a year (to keep it special) and we are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedPotterDined on 10/17/2014It's a do once type of restaurant. The place was hard to find, we drove by it twice. The outdoor sign does not light up well.Special Features:
- Great Night out with the WifeLive2sitandEatDined on 10/10/2014I made the reservation know that it was going to be a special night. My Wife and I went to a Melting Pot in Gatlinburg, TN on our Honeymoon and were very impressed. I was ready to expect the same thing... but we had an even better time the second time around. The menu is a little daunting at first but is worth it once you know what to do. We had a great time just eating and talking and drinking. Our table was more secluded (by my request) and was definitely the right choice. We got to be closer and just feel like our normal goofy selves. I highly recommend it to everyone who asks me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for anniversariesLDSHDined on 10/8/2014This is our second time going to the melting pot for our anniversary and weve loved it both times. The food is awesome and there was a special for the 4 course meal both times that made it cheaper. The wine is great. The experience is fun and unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecieloneSomeoneSpecialDined on 10/4/2014Every part of the dining experience from beginning to end went as smooth as silk. The service was pleasant. The food was great.Special Features:
- Pass if you have ANYWHERE to be!anthonym10Dined on 10/4/2014We have been eating at The Melting Pot on romantic occasions for 8 years now. We have been to a number of their restaurants: Myrtle Beach, Dallas, Cincinnati, Chicago, Dayton, etc. One thing I have learned is that if you desire the experience to be less than 3 hours, find another place to go. We had awful service on a Saturday night, when we had clearly indicated it was our anniversary. Every course took excessively long with the wait between entree and dessert clocking in at 45 minutes. I had informed the waiter on two separate occasions we needed to speed it up because we had a movie we planned on going to. I even complained to management. NOTHING changed and we had to find another theater. We weren't even compensated for the trouble.Special Features:
- Fondue for twoAtempletimeDined on 9/27/2014An amazing time to just spend with love ones. It's a very intimate setting that is relaxing and fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent gluten-free optionsKMc987Dined on 9/25/2014Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and was able to answer our questions about gluten-free options. They were able to modify the dips and offer gluten-free bread, chips, pound cake, and brownies. It was an excellent meal!Special Features:
- Sub-par ServicefoodiewannabeDined on 9/20/2014We had a reservation, we're seated 30 mins late and waited another 30 mins for our drink order to even be taken. Our server was apologetic but continued to dissapoint, getting our orders wrong, not refilling drinks without being asked and just generally not paying attention to details. We've never had bad service here and hope it was an isolated event.Special Features:
- HORRIBLEFoodForThoughtDined on 9/20/2014Waited 20 minutes for our order to be taken. Then waited 10 minutes for drinks. Then literally waited 45 minutes watching a pot of boiling water on the table, while our waitress disappeared. Finally had to talk to the manager, who gave us a new waitress, but nothing else. Didn't even seem to care. The only thing that saved the evening was our new waitress, who was absolutely awesome. We finally had to ask for a reduction in the bill, to which the manager finally complied with. I wish I would have remembered the waitresses' name, as I would have mentioned it here. We gave her a 25% tip on what the original price would have been. Would NEVER come here again.
- Great Food, Slower ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Melting Pot has a great new menu. Choose your own entree is a great feature. My wife had duck for the first time with her meal and we shared a lobster tail. Price is the same as before with the "Big Night Out." Could have a little bit better wine selection. Our server was friendly, but we waited 15-25 minutes between courses which seemed to make the evening drag a bit. Overall a very good experience. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Only for special occasions.NerfsmithDined on 9/10/2014We were seated right away in lover's lane, booths just big enough for 2 to sit at. (This proved awkward, when the number of plates severely crowded the small table.) We got 4-courses, & though our waitress was a bit forgetful throughout the evening, the service was fine otherwise. The food was good, though though potatoes took more cooking. I regret springing for an entree with lobster, because preparing it in this manner, it wasn't worth the cost. I was disappointed in the broth method suggested for us, since we had both meat & seafood in our entrees. It smelled like chicken ramen broth, & though it cooked our food, I can't help but feel it subtracted rather than added to the meat we prepared with it. Entrees: too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time...luv2dineDined on 9/6/2014Whether we go as a family or just a quiet night night for the two of us. We always have a great time a the Melting Pot. The servers are always attentive and helpful, regardless if it is your 1st or 10th.Special Features:
- Outstandingluv2dineDined on 9/5/2014I had a great time celebrating my anniversary. The food was awesome. And i would definitely want to come back again.luvSpecial Features:
- GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014This is the fanciest place I have ever been! I went to celebrate a special day with my girlfriend so we got the area thats secluded for couples. The atmosphere and service was perfect. The food was also amazing! We used the Groupon so it was a lot cheaper. My only complaint was there wasn't a large amount of food for the price but it was still very good!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFireandiceDined on 9/5/2014Great place to spend an anniversary!!! Would also be a fun place for a small group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the costnamesnatcherDined on 8/31/2014The Melting Pot allows dining to be what it is suppose to be...a relaxing, friendly, and conversational experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry for a experienceHungryVeteranDined on 8/29/2014Have heard all sort of "rave" reviews on how splendid this restaurant is but my wife and I couldn't figure out why especially on our first time there. Didn't get seated till 30 mins after our booked "reservation", quantity of food doesn't fit the menu's pricing, shrimp was improperly "deveined", and we weren't expecting to have to actually cook my food. The food did taste good since we were the "cooks" but definitely couldn't justify paying full menu price for what amounted for no less than an appetizer sized meal. If we didn't have the "Groupon" certificate, we would have been majorly upset. Needless to say, my wife and I (plus our 2 girls) will not go back to this establishment. Good luck and good eats to you out there.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I went for date night and absolutely loved it! While we were there we booked our next visit for my daughters birthday. Such a great place!!!Special Features:
- Waited and disappointedDateniteDined on 8/22/2014We had to wait 20 minutes for our table.After booking our table early that day I called when they opened at 5pm to arrange two fondue pots at our table for two cooking styles for our entrees which they have done for us 6-7 times before....they said they couldn't do that because of other reservations etc.the whole time we were there, over 2 1/2 hours there were at least three open tables that had two burners available.. They could have accommodated us and they would have made more money!! I brought it to the main hostess when we left and she was very confrontational and inappropriate!!Special Features:
- YUM!! YUM!!tviaDined on 8/17/2014I love going to the Melting Pot. We always watch for their specials, which they seem to run pretty often, and try to take advantage of them as often as we can. My personal favorite is ladies night the last Thursday of the month. Love the $5 drink specials!!Special Features:
- Amazing!LoversCornerDined on 8/16/2014I made reservations for two online and when we arrived we were seated promptly. They even put up in the "lovers corner", even though this wasn't requested...I was VERY impressed! This is a place we will continue to go to for special occasions and for a romantic evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The portions are quite small for the price. The house salad was smaller than a childrens salad and quite plain.The small bowl of veggies was barely enough for one person no less two.The small pieces of tuna almost disappeared in the broth and reminded me of dice.I had to wonder if these are the usual portions or the size Groupons patrons receive. Service was great. I will not return even with a Groupon.Special Features:
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My daughter and I went to The Melting Pot in Dayton for the first time. Prior to that, we hadn't been to a restaurant like this. The appetizer (cheese) was pretty good. The dessert was excellent. The main course was just okay. The cuts of beef I ordered weren't as spectacular as I had expected. It seemed just like normal cuts of beef. The meat I cook for myself at home is actually better than this was. Also, the food was too overpriced for the quailty. If I go back, I will probably just order an appetizer and dessert and skip the main coarse.Special Features:
- ImpeccableFoodie4ThoughtDined on 8/9/2014Not only is the ambiance well placed, but the informative staff make the experience that much more. Management takes a hands on approach with greeting every guest and making sure the experience is everything you ask for. The staff (Sarah) was informative and warm. She not only paired the wine well but she informed us of ingredients and cooking Instructions. And absolute must to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and relaxingSandraCDined on 8/8/2014This was our first time dining here and loved it. My husband was a little thrown off by cooking your own food at the table for the fear of undercooking it, but quickly realized it was pretty easy to prepare you meal at the table. Our server was FANTASTIC! We later complimented her on how well she does and she told us she had only been serving there for a month! Cheyanne (sp), your a gem! The food was great. We got the basic boil for our food and it was FULL of flavor. My husband went as far as pouring it into a bowl after the cooking was done and enjoying it as a soup... although it is very salty so I wouldn't recommend this on a regular basis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Love this restaurant! It's a great choice for an intimate night out. My husband and I have come here for our anniversary the last two years and have not been disappointed. It was a quiet atmosphere with great service and of course great food! We plan to go back hopefully before our next anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceFirstTimeDinerDined on 8/8/2014Our first time at The Melting Pot was an excellent dining experience. It starts with the server and ends with exceptional cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always exceeding expectationsKkdoseckDined on 8/3/2014As usual, Melting Pot made our special occasion wonderful. The spinach and artichoke fondue is the best. The new strawberry and mozzarella salad was delicious too! I love all the options you have to choose from. Definitely something for everyone! The service is always wonderful. We will definitely be back for our next special occasion!Special Features:
- great foodfoodie17Dined on 8/2/2014The melt in pot dayton continues to be a go to place for special occasions! You will not leave there hungry! Sit back relax and enjoy your food with good company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Evening!GreatfoodDined on 8/2/2014The Melting Pot is always a wonderful dining experience with fabulous food. The chocolate fondue (any choice) shouldn't be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steamy niteNoneDined on 8/2/2014Steam from the fondue pot blew in my face all nite. Wine list was very limited.Special Features:
- AwesomeBearcatKrisDined on 7/28/2014Food was great along with service. Very accommodating for my two kids. Overall very decent price for the experience you get. Cheese is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 861 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Dayton reviews archive.