The Melting Pot - Dayton
453 Miamisburg Centerville Road
Dayton, OH 45459Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Dayton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/centerville-dayton/specials
- Phone: 9375678888x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner:Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Fondue, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a screened off private party room for up to 40 people. Great for business meeting, or any other occasion, like birthday parties, rehearsal dinners and such.
- Private Party Contact: David or Matt 9375678888x
A word from The Melting Pot - Dayton
At The Melting Pot, fondue becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where guests can truly dip into something different. Following a creamy cheese fondue and lively salad, guests choose from flavorful fondue cooking styles and a variety of entrées including filet mignon, lobster, breast of chicken, duck, shrimp, salmon and more. Dessert features mouthwatering chocolate fondue served with dipping items like fresh strawberries, cheesecake, marshmallows, pound cake and brownies. The Melting Pot offers a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, fine wines, attentive service and signature fondue dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Dayton - Best Restaurants in Dayton ›
The Melting Pot - Dayton reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)romantic (82)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (16)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- worth the costOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The Melting Pot allows dining to be what it is suppose to be...a relaxing, friendly, and conversational experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry for a experienceHungryVeteranDined on 8/29/2014Have heard all sort of "rave" reviews on how splendid this restaurant is but my wife and I couldn't figure out why especially on our first time there. Didn't get seated till 30 mins after our booked "reservation", quantity of food doesn't fit the menu's pricing, shrimp was improperly "deveined", and we weren't expecting to have to actually cook my food. The food did taste good since we were the "cooks" but definitely couldn't justify paying full menu price for what amounted for no less than an appetizer sized meal. If we didn't have the "Groupon" certificate, we would have been majorly upset. Needless to say, my wife and I (plus our 2 girls) will not go back to this establishment. Good luck and good eats to you out there.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I went for date night and absolutely loved it! While we were there we booked our next visit for my daughters birthday. Such a great place!!!Special Features:
- YUM!! YUM!!tviaDined on 8/17/2014I love going to the Melting Pot. We always watch for their specials, which they seem to run pretty often, and try to take advantage of them as often as we can. My personal favorite is ladies night the last Thursday of the month. Love the $5 drink specials!!Special Features:
- Amazing!LoversCornerDined on 8/16/2014I made reservations for two online and when we arrived we were seated promptly. They even put up in the "lovers corner", even though this wasn't requested...I was VERY impressed! This is a place we will continue to go to for special occasions and for a romantic evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The portions are quite small for the price. The house salad was smaller than a childrens salad and quite plain.The small bowl of veggies was barely enough for one person no less two.The small pieces of tuna almost disappeared in the broth and reminded me of dice.I had to wonder if these are the usual portions or the size Groupons patrons receive. Service was great. I will not return even with a Groupon.Special Features:
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My daughter and I went to The Melting Pot in Dayton for the first time. Prior to that, we hadn't been to a restaurant like this. The appetizer (cheese) was pretty good. The dessert was excellent. The main course was just okay. The cuts of beef I ordered weren't as spectacular as I had expected. It seemed just like normal cuts of beef. The meat I cook for myself at home is actually better than this was. Also, the food was too overpriced for the quailty. If I go back, I will probably just order an appetizer and dessert and skip the main coarse.Special Features:
- ImpeccableFoodie4ThoughtDined on 8/9/2014Not only is the ambiance well placed, but the informative staff make the experience that much more. Management takes a hands on approach with greeting every guest and making sure the experience is everything you ask for. The staff (Sarah) was informative and warm. She not only paired the wine well but she informed us of ingredients and cooking Instructions. And absolute must to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and relaxingSandraCDined on 8/8/2014This was our first time dining here and loved it. My husband was a little thrown off by cooking your own food at the table for the fear of undercooking it, but quickly realized it was pretty easy to prepare you meal at the table. Our server was FANTASTIC! We later complimented her on how well she does and she told us she had only been serving there for a month! Cheyanne (sp), your a gem! The food was great. We got the basic boil for our food and it was FULL of flavor. My husband went as far as pouring it into a bowl after the cooking was done and enjoying it as a soup... although it is very salty so I wouldn't recommend this on a regular basis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Love this restaurant! It's a great choice for an intimate night out. My husband and I have come here for our anniversary the last two years and have not been disappointed. It was a quiet atmosphere with great service and of course great food! We plan to go back hopefully before our next anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceFirstTimeDinerDined on 8/8/2014Our first time at The Melting Pot was an excellent dining experience. It starts with the server and ends with exceptional cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always exceeding expectationsKkdoseckDined on 8/3/2014As usual, Melting Pot made our special occasion wonderful. The spinach and artichoke fondue is the best. The new strawberry and mozzarella salad was delicious too! I love all the options you have to choose from. Definitely something for everyone! The service is always wonderful. We will definitely be back for our next special occasion!Special Features:
- great foodfoodie17Dined on 8/2/2014The melt in pot dayton continues to be a go to place for special occasions! You will not leave there hungry! Sit back relax and enjoy your food with good company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Evening!GreatfoodDined on 8/2/2014The Melting Pot is always a wonderful dining experience with fabulous food. The chocolate fondue (any choice) shouldn't be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steamy niteNoneDined on 8/2/2014Steam from the fondue pot blew in my face all nite. Wine list was very limited.Special Features:
- AwesomeBearcatKrisDined on 7/28/2014Food was great along with service. Very accommodating for my two kids. Overall very decent price for the experience you get. Cheese is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- missing waitersharzy1Dined on 7/25/2014Our waiter would be MIA for long periods of time. It takes around 3 hours to have 3 courses, so it is a good place for friends to catch up.
- happyhourJeanDined on 7/17/2014The cheese and chocolate happy hour is a wonderful value. It's too bad it's only offered at the bartop, not at the tables in the bar area. It was a little tricky reaching in for the fondue with 3 people. We had great time. We would definitely go for happy hour again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I always have a great time at The Melting Pot. A bit pricey so use a coupon if you can. A good place to go when you want to spend a few hours with family or good friends. Never feel rushed. They have nice seculuded booths if you want a romantic dinner and big tables if you're celebrating with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionJeepingMomDined on 7/12/2014Thank you for a wonderful dining experience. My daughter in law was visiting for just a night. This place was the perfect place to enjoy her visit. This was the second time we have dined here and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConverteddmvanlandinghamDined on 7/12/2014Before this visit, we've never been a fan of the Melting Pot. It just always seemed like a lot of money for a meal we cooked ourselves. A friend passed on a Groupon that was about to expire so we gave it another shot. Perhaps it's the service here that makes the difference. Our server Melody was fantastic. We had a perfectly paced meal. If we had trouble deciding, she made suggestions that were spot on. My only complaint was that even though we had a reservation, we were seated in the bar.Special Features:
- Good!Malowe701Dined on 7/12/2014Our party of 4 used two coupons to dine at the Melting Pot. One was $79 and one was $69 and each included a bottle of wine with the dinner for 2 on each coupon. Our server Cheyanne was knowledgable and agreed to split all the food on the coupns between the 4 of us. Anyone who has not eaten at a Melting Pot should be aware that one eats slowly because the the "work" involved in doing the fondue. I was fully satisfied after the cheese course and salad! BYW: The spinach salad with warm bacon dressing was delicious! After all courses we were more than full! Remember this when ordering. All the sauces were very good but the cocktail sauce was fire with lots of horseradish!! We thought the broth was peppery too.Special Features:
- Another Great VisitBKuhnDined on 7/10/2014We really enjoyed celebrating our tenth anniversary here!!Special Features:
- Will never return to this locationBgiffordDined on 7/7/2014We arrived 15 minutes prior to our reservation time when manager, Matthew Dornacher simply stated "you will have to wait closer to your reservation time" without any warming welcome. After waiting for approximately 10 minutes another party of 2 had arrived and were also waiting and I received a call from my son and daughter who have been out of town and stepped outside to speak to them and left my fiancé on the couch to wait. While outside a party of 3 arrived After I came back in both parties were seated before us although we had been there before the others This was absurdly unacceptable and find that Matthew was not professional in handling this matter. We left due to the unprofessionalism and due to understandable resentments
- Love the varietyLuewelDined on 7/1/2014As always always we liked the variety of meats, veggies and sauces. This franchise might want to consider offering "small plate" options with the same variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time, would go backCimmoneDined on 6/28/2014The food was really great, as it always is. We've only been there a few times, but it was another great experience. The only problem with this place is is it's cost, which makes it a relatively rare treat (but that's ok, since it keeps it special).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experience with tasty foodanonDined on 6/27/2014No complaints. Food came out quickly. Service was great. The experience of essentially cooking your entree is a bit unique in how they do it and it does offer some 'excitement' that is not found in traditional restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies NighttrynewthingsDined on 6/26/2014A group of my friends and myself attended for ladies night. We had a fabulous experience and enjoyed every minute we were there!Special Features:
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014You get a little bit of food for a lot of money. Of course, I knew it was a very pricey place, so I bought a really good Groupon deal. Im glad I had the discount. I didn't find that the salad and entree was anything special. They do provide several sauces to eat with it, since we found out the meat is quite bland (hence all the sauces?). Unfortunately for me, I don't eat condiments. We did not get the cheese fondue so I cannot comment on that, but the desert fondue was amazing. I would go back for only desert. I learned to stick with what they are known for. Their cheese and chocolate fondue!Special Features:
- Always deliciousKatieDined on 6/7/2014The Melting Pot is always delicious with great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceChrisDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I love to go to the Melting Pot. We typically go on our birthdays and anniversary. We always have a great experience.Special Features:
- BrookeDined on 6/7/2014The meal was exquisite and the host were very pleasant and personable. The manager even checked on us and offered a celebratory birthday drink which was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NighttakinabreakDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I wanted to go on a date night while the kids were away. We wanted something different so we chose to go back to the melting pot. It was great. There were a lot of menu choices and the food was great. We enjoyed cooking our own entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation success!MiamiValleyDinerDined on 5/23/2014Our party of six arrived late evening for a family high school graduation celebration. The restaurant was quiet at that time, and the service very good. We shared two different types of chocolate fondue which was a hit. We'd originally planned to do the cheese appetizer fondue and then the chocolate, but very happy that we went straight for the chocolate! Serving sizes are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet 16 CelebrationBakeryMomDined on 5/23/2014I took my daughter, two of her best friends and my two sons to the Melting Pot for dinner. While I have gone many times over the years, it was a first for all the kids, who ranges from 12-16. They all said it was one of the best times they ever had, and they all loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ServiceJasonDined on 5/22/2014Emily was our server and she was the best we've ever had at The Melting Pot. She was exuberant and funny and inviting - absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter!!!Austin24Dined on 5/22/2014Our waiter Brett made our celebration one to remember! We had seven in our party and most of us it was our first time experience! He was great, food was good.... Loved the whole experience! Made for great memories. Id advise The Melting Pot to hold on to Brett as he's one waiter who goes above and beyond to come the night great X & TSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at the melting potFoodieDined on 5/15/2014It was our first time going to the melting pot, I went to celebrate my birthday. My boyfriend and I sat in the lovers lane section of the restaurant, it was quiet, peaceful, and romantic. There's so many combinations of food and cooking styles you can order it was hard to choose just one. We tried the coq au vin cooking style and it was very good! We spent over 2 hours there and it felt like we were only there for maybe 45 minutes. This is a place to go to spend some time with each other and enjoy the experience!Special Features:
- Great night!JimDDined on 5/10/2014Service, food, and ambience were outstaning. I planned a Mother's Day dinner for my wife and I and the restaurant went the extra mile and made the dinner special!!!!! I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014We had a wonderful time and it was so great that our waiter made our favorite cheese dip that wasn't on the menu!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.