The Melting Pot - Dallas - Addison
4900 Beltline Rd
Addison, TX 75254Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $50 and over
The Melting Pot - Dallas - Addison
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/dallas-addison/specials
- Phone: (972) 239-6358
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday 11:30 - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday 4:00 pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our Catering Manger Julie Ybarra for a custom catering quote at firstname.lastname@example.org or 982-239-6358
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Our event coordinators can help create customized menus, menu print-outs, wine pairings, and bar packages. The Melting Pot has private booths for two guests up to banquet rooms for groups of 14, 35, and 75 guests.
- Special Events: Lets Get Dipsy - Happy Hour
Monday - Friday 5-6pm
Drink Specials on select Cocktails, Wine & Beer
$5 Cheese Fondue
$5 Chocolate Fondue
$2 Premium Dippers - a sampling of Summer Sausage, capicola, mortadella, salami & Cornichones
At the Bar only | must be 21 | First come first serve | See store for complete restrictions
A word from The Melting Pot - Dallas - Addison
The Melting Pot is the premier fondue restaurant. Enjoy four courses of fondue, fine wine, and fun with your friends, family and colleagues. Savory cheese fondues, entrees cooked tableside that include filet mignon, lobster, and ahi just to name a few, and decadent chocolate fondue for dessert all melt into a unique dining experience. The Melting Pot has several creative martinis and a selection of over 300 fine wines to enhance your dining experience. Intimate booths for two or private rooms for 10+ are available nightly. The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Reservations highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Dallas - Addison - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
The Melting Pot - Dallas - Addison reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)romantic (107)good for groups (59)fit for foodies (46)late-night find (25)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (10)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- It was a great experience, besides de receptionistOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014We reserved a specific setting planning to have a great first impression and a great night with that. However when we got there the receptionist made us wait, the place was not busy at all. Then we were seated at a plain table, nothing we were expecting. After we mention about our request when we booked, she said that she might have seated us at the wrong table. It was obvious that the details of our reservations were not noted when we got there. So we waited even longer till they fix our table. My question will be, why reserved if the place was not busy at all and they are not ready when you arrived. After this rocky start, the rest of the night was great. Our server did his best to make us feel appreciated, was profesional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014The staff was awesome! It was my wife and I first date in quite a while and I ordered extra things. The staff executed to perfection. Thanks everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so sad...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We USED to go to the Melting Pot for very special occasions. The good: I liked making the reservation through Open Table via e-mail - very easy. The bad: 1) They acknowledged our reservation when we got there and we had to check 3 times before we were seated and the restaurant was not even 1/2 full. 2)The menu has changed so for $40 I got 4 bite sized pieces of duck, 4 bites of beef, two dumplings and 2 tiny shrimp. AND we had to pay for the broth to cook them in. The Ugly: Our waitress was trying very hard to be cheerful and charming. She was never to be found when we needed something - and we had to wait a VERY long time for her to take our order, then for her to bring the food. NOT a good experience. Not going back.
- Such great flavors and interactingLace247Dined on 11/3/2014The fondues are amazing. I don't know of anywhere else to get this yummyness. The employees are such amazing people with awesome personalities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server Talked to FastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food and the service was great, but our server kept bringing us five plates, instead of the six that were in our party. No big deal, though. This was the first experience for the majority of our party that evening so we needed our options explained to us. The waiter went through the menu and the process SO FAST! It left us all wondering what he said as we only picked up on bits and pieces of what he said. We had to figure it out for ourselves. We liked that he gave us his recommendations to help us make decisions on which cheeses and desserts to choose. It wasn't horrible service by any means and we understood that he's probably explained this several times during his shift. Overall, it was a wonderful dining experience that we enjoyed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We had an amazing time but it must have been a busy night because we had to wait awhile for a table even though we had a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulworththetimeDined on 10/30/2014i always enjoy going whether it's Girls Night or a romantic dinner with my husband. They always make me feel special. This last visit our waiter was distracted. I wish we could have had Lynette, who served my friends and I earlier in the week. She would have gotten 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Took our family for a birthday celebration and it was great! Teens and adults had lots of casual conversation time and tons of fun!!Special Features:
- Don't go hereTexasfoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014From the awful parking to a poor second floor location, this restaurant experience was poor. Food and service are of mediocre quality. Would not go back.
- Disappointed this timesterlingsilverDined on 10/24/2014I've been here a number of times and have always enjoyed my visit. This time though, the service was not very good. The waiter seem disinterested and put out, the food portions were a lot smaller usual, and some of the dessert items tasted a little stale. Not sure if I just caught it on a bad night, but I'm disappointed because I always look forward to going here. Not sure if I will return.Special Features:
- Great placeroyvDined on 10/23/2014This place was great, I love the way they decorated for Halloween, it's very elegant and looked nice especially for being Halloween themed it didn't tone down the restaurant, it made the ambiance a lot nicer for me in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a favorite...heidirooDined on 10/22/2014The Melting Pot of Addison is one of my top two restaurants in the Dallas. The food is excellent. The cheese fondue is the best...except for maybe the dessert.. it's a toss up. They also have fantastic main dishes, even their salads are great! It's a great romantic spot, although also suitable for groups. You've got to try this place at least once. Caution: by going once you will likely fall in love and want to keep going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionenjoynowDined on 10/18/2014Took my granddaughter (age 6) for a special birthday. She had a great time. Staff was very professional, friendly and helpful. Food as always, was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot LoverDoc1Dined on 10/17/2014The food is always outstanding at Melting Pot. I have dined at this location on multiple occasions. Just know that on busy nights the service is not as good as it could be. However, very friendly servers and management. You just have to be a patient diner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed...yummiesDined on 10/17/2014We have been here numerous times and we absolutely love it! This time was different, they were featuring a new beer but did not have it in stock. They also were promoting their endless fondue Friday nights but did not state that it was for a specific entrée. Also, please add the baked potato cheese to your menu or at least offer it.Special Features:
- YummyToogood44Dined on 10/16/2014First time here and all the food was so... Good and tasted delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!ShannonDined on 10/14/2014First timers here! Our waiter (Kris with a K!) was super awesome! The food was great! Will definitely be coming back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something was offOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014We have dined at the Melting Pot several times a year for quite some time. Our most recent visit left quite a bit to be desired. We were so disappointed that we left before the chocolate course. We had to wait over 15 minutes for our reserved table, our waiter was inattentive, the chicken on our entrees was rubbery and there was a baby crying loudly a few tables over. Not the experience you look for when paying $50 pp for dinner. Not sure if we'll be back anytime soon.
- The SMELLHotShuzDined on 10/11/2014I have been to the Melting Pot several times over many years. I will not be back. A new cheese dip called "Alpine" has been added. The smell was literally so bad at the first table, I had to fight a gag reflex. Luckily, we were able to be seated at another table. After the change, the service and food was exemplary. Thanks but I won't take another chance unless this item is removed from the menu.Special Features:
- How to celebrate a wife's Birthday.KidintoeDined on 10/9/2014I chose the Melting Pot in Addison to celebrate my wife's birthday this year. We've been on multiple occasions and have never had a bad experience. The food and the staff are always top notch. We had not been in over 2 and a half years since our daughter was born and it hadn't changed a bit. We always have a good time and have always left surprisingly full.Special Features:
- Disappointing at bestTableauCruiserDined on 10/4/2014Slooow service. Two people at bar when we arrived and took 5 minutes to be acknowledged, and then longer for him to pour two glasses of wine. Server seemed irked and left us looking at empty plates and glasses for long stretches. Entrance was dark and creepy and we were hit up by homeless couple on the way in. It was our anniversary. I paid extra for flower petals on the table. You'd think they would have thought to set us somewhere other than next to the one family in the place with small children. When my wife asked if we could move, they said it would be another 30 min wait, even though there were several open tables. First and last time I go here.
- Little Things Add UpOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Melting Pot is always a great option for a leisurely fun meal with friends. We definately enjoyed our meal, but had so many little problems that added up by the end of the night. We were not thrilled with our table and asked to be reseated & were basically told to 'deal with it'. We had two fondue forks that were the same color and asked to switch & were told to 'deal with it'. We waited on water, waited on drinks, waited on everything. Our dinner for 6 people took 4 hours. We expected leisurely, but they seemed understaffed that night. We are a very easy going, group and we were not overly concerned about any specific faux pas, but the culmination of all the events of the night led to not great overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerFondueFoodieDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I came to this location to celebrate our anniversary. We had a really great time and the service was excellent. The alpine cheese fondue was disappointing, but the Mojo cooking style and Chocolate Cream Pie Fondue were both delicious. We did have a long wait in between courses, so if you dine here, make sure you have more than two hours available. Kristopher was our server and he did a wonderful job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableI8itallDined on 10/2/2014I have been to The Melting Pot before (not this location, but 4 others), but my friend had not. We were greeted as soon as we came through the door and seated immediately. There weren't many people there and you could barely here any music. I could here the conversations at the other tables. Our waiter RJ greeted us very quickly and suggested a cocktail. My friend declined and I ordered a Jack and 7 tall. He then explained how the menu works and answered a few questions for my friend. Once we ordered JR delivered each course with great timing and explained to my friend what everything was and how it worked. Each course was excellent and delicious. RJ was very informative about some of the changes to this location. We will be back.Special Features:
- Dinner for TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014My fiancé and I came here for a romantic dinner. The restaurant was not as nice as I expected it to be but the service was exceptional, food was good and the restaurant was quiet. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun-do liciousAbeanrDined on 9/22/2014The wait staff was awesome. Food was really great, however it was spicier than at other melting pot locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good 4 Couple Not good 4 Big GroupmotokochsDined on 9/21/2014I have been there several times. Great food and nice romantic setting. They fall short on larger parties. We had long waits to get our plates cleared, drinks refilled and next course served. Our waitress was spread too thin. We sat there waiting for 20 mins to have our plates cleared waiting on desert. Water was not refilled unless you tracked someone down. Again great for couples not great for big partiesSpecial Features:
- so not just a mealfunwithfoodDined on 9/20/2014Best dining experience! It's not just a meal, it's goung through an adventure of courses, it's seeing the "light-up" on friends or family faces when enjoying this for the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring back cheesecake!!LadybugDined on 9/20/2014We go to the melting pot every year for our wedding anniversary. We have always had a pleasant experience. The food and service were great as always. We were a little disappointed this year that the manager did not stop by our table and we were extremely disappointed that cheesecake was replaced by pineapple for the dessert course :(Special Features:
- Needs overhaulDinesoutoftenVIPDined on 9/14/2014This is, by-far, the worst managed restaurant in north Dallas. After an hour and a half of waiting for food, we finally had to call it quits. The stove in the table wasn't working, the management kept telling us that it would start up any minute. The blinds and windows haven't been cleaned for years. The dust and debris are caked on the window sills against the booths. The food is mediocre (only had first course) the server tried her best. Basic equipment doesn't work and the upholstery in the booths is ragged and torn. Incomplete wine list. We were told to rummage thru wine area to see if there is anything we wanted. It is clear this restaurant needs investment and new management.
- Dessert onlyFoodcraDined on 9/13/2014The food was not great. The only thing we enjoyed was the chocolate dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We go annually for daughter's birthday as this is her favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we went...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014It was a great experience. Our server Kris was AWESOME. If you go there ask to sit in his area.Special Features:
- Great venue but needs a refreshDMullertDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I usually celebrate special ocassions at The Melting Pot. This time it was our 16th anniversary and since we recently learned the Addison location had re-opened, we decided to give it a try. Since other locations in the area had been remodelled and are new and refreshed, we expected the same with Addison but to our surprise, the restaurant was the same as before. In fact, upon seating, we had to change tables due to a broken bench. The menu is the same ole outdated menu, unlike other locations that sport newer menus with new, innovative offerings. I was pleased to see they were finally on OpenTable. The service was good! The bar also needs a refresh! All in all, great place but in need of a refresh.Special Features:
- Great experienceLoveditDined on 9/6/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary at the Melting Por and both he and I loved it. The waiter was extremely nice and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time with great foodMaryTexasDined on 9/5/20143 friends and I went for a girls' night, to celebrate a birthday. It was great food, with wonderful staff, and truly fun. My friends and I had a blast. It is a place to take your time, enjoy your food, and have fun with whoever you are with. We will definitely be going there again. Our waiter (Justin) was fantastic, and we will request his section for our next visit. Whether with family, friends, or on a date, you will enjoy your time here.Special Features:
- Mmmm. Warm, tasty goodness1AdorkableGuyDined on 8/31/2014We love TMP! Great food, great service and now even greater prices! :) Word to the wise, go easy on the cheese and salad, while this is all very yummy, the main entree and chocolates are the best!!! The best time to go for romantic dinners is earlier when it is quiet and you can get secluded tables in the corners.. After 6 the place gets hopping and louder with lots of happy people eating yummy good food.Special Features:
- Not your typical fondue experience.FrequentlyfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Normally I love visiting the melting pot. However, this was not a typical experience with the known food chain. First, to find the entrance we had to call. The two doors are unmarked and it it located above 7 eleven. The food was good as always but the place looked dirty and smelled as bad. I will not be visiting this location again.
- Very niceAmberDined on 8/30/2014It was a nice place. The Love Martini was yummy! Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service..bad experienceTartarDined on 8/30/2014In a nutshell the whole experience was awful. The waitress was scattered and not attentive. The cooking oil was too hot and burned our food..we had time to find a manager and have the oil replaced before the waitress showed up again. The manager was nice initially and helped fix the problem but didn't bother to check on us again. The whole experience (for 2 of us) took just over 3 hours and we didn't want to linger. The cheese course was good, the salads ok but overdressed, the meat portion was just not good, maybe poor quality meats but something was a little off and the chocolate was good but also started schorching towards the end. Overall a big waste of $100 ..way overpriced for the service and quality..save your $$.