The Melting Pot - Dallas - Addison
4900 Beltline Rd
Addison, TX 75254Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $50 and over
The Melting Pot - Dallas - Addison
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/dallas-addison/specials
- Phone: 9722396358x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday 11:30 - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday 4:00 pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our Catering Manger Julie Ybarra for a custom catering quote at firstname.lastname@example.org or 982-239-6358
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Our event coordinators can help create customized menus, menu print-outs, wine pairings, and bar packages. The Melting Pot has private booths for two guests up to banquet rooms for groups of 14, 35, and 75 guests.
- Special Events: Lets Get Dipsy - Happy Hour
Monday - Friday 5-6pm
Drink Specials on select Cocktails, Wine & Beer
$5 Cheese Fondue
$5 Chocolate Fondue
$2 Premium Dippers - a sampling of Summer Sausage, capicola, mortadella, salami & Cornichones
At the Bar only | must be 21 | First come first serve | See store for complete restrictions
A word from The Melting Pot - Dallas - Addison
The Melting Pot is the premier fondue restaurant. Enjoy four courses of fondue, fine wine, and fun with your friends, family and colleagues. Savory cheese fondues, entrees cooked tableside that include filet mignon, lobster, and ahi just to name a few, and decadent chocolate fondue for dessert all melt into a unique dining experience. The Melting Pot has several creative martinis and a selection of over 300 fine wines to enhance your dining experience. Intimate booths for two or private rooms for 10+ are available nightly. The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Reservations highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Dallas - Addison - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
The Melting Pot - Dallas - Addison reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)romantic (128)good for groups (66)fit for foodies (46)kid-friendly (21)notable wine list (21)late-night find (17)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (8)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (6)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Needs overhaulDinesoutoftenVIPDined on 9/14/2014This is, by-far, the worst managed restaurant in north Dallas. After an hour and a half of waiting for food, we finally had to call it quits. The stove in the table wasn't working, the management kept telling us that it would start up any minute. The blinds and windows haven't been cleaned for years. The dust and debris are caked on the window sills against the booths. The food is mediocre (only had first course) the server tried her best. Basic equipment doesn't work and the upholstery in the booths is ragged and torn. Incomplete wine list. We were told to rummage thru wine area to see if there is anything we wanted. It is clear this restaurant needs investment and new management.
- Dessert onlyFoodcraDined on 9/13/2014The food was not great. The only thing we enjoyed was the chocolate dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We go annually for daughter's birthday as this is her favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we went...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014It was a great experience. Our server Kris was AWESOME. If you go there ask to sit in his area.Special Features:
- Great venue but needs a refreshDMullertDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I usually celebrate special ocassions at The Melting Pot. This time it was our 16th anniversary and since we recently learned the Addison location had re-opened, we decided to give it a try. Since other locations in the area had been remodelled and are new and refreshed, we expected the same with Addison but to our surprise, the restaurant was the same as before. In fact, upon seating, we had to change tables due to a broken bench. The menu is the same ole outdated menu, unlike other locations that sport newer menus with new, innovative offerings. I was pleased to see they were finally on OpenTable. The service was good! The bar also needs a refresh! All in all, great place but in need of a refresh.Special Features:
- Great experienceLoveditDined on 9/6/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary at the Melting Por and both he and I loved it. The waiter was extremely nice and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time with great foodMaryTexasDined on 9/5/20143 friends and I went for a girls' night, to celebrate a birthday. It was great food, with wonderful staff, and truly fun. My friends and I had a blast. It is a place to take your time, enjoy your food, and have fun with whoever you are with. We will definitely be going there again. Our waiter (Justin) was fantastic, and we will request his section for our next visit. Whether with family, friends, or on a date, you will enjoy your time here.Special Features:
- Mmmm. Warm, tasty goodness1AdorkableGuyDined on 8/31/2014We love TMP! Great food, great service and now even greater prices! :) Word to the wise, go easy on the cheese and salad, while this is all very yummy, the main entree and chocolates are the best!!! The best time to go for romantic dinners is earlier when it is quiet and you can get secluded tables in the corners.. After 6 the place gets hopping and louder with lots of happy people eating yummy good food.Special Features:
- Not your typical fondue experience.FrequentlyfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Normally I love visiting the melting pot. However, this was not a typical experience with the known food chain. First, to find the entrance we had to call. The two doors are unmarked and it it located above 7 eleven. The food was good as always but the place looked dirty and smelled as bad. I will not be visiting this location again.
- Very niceAmberDined on 8/30/2014It was a nice place. The Love Martini was yummy! Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service..bad experienceTartarDined on 8/30/2014In a nutshell the whole experience was awful. The waitress was scattered and not attentive. The cooking oil was too hot and burned our food..we had time to find a manager and have the oil replaced before the waitress showed up again. The manager was nice initially and helped fix the problem but didn't bother to check on us again. The whole experience (for 2 of us) took just over 3 hours and we didn't want to linger. The cheese course was good, the salads ok but overdressed, the meat portion was just not good, maybe poor quality meats but something was a little off and the chocolate was good but also started schorching towards the end. Overall a big waste of $100 ..way overpriced for the service and quality..save your $$.
- poor servicesalilDined on 8/30/2014Server was hasty few times she spilled stuff around while serving did not even apologise for that .had to wait 20 mins between courses without anyone checking on us . Not great service at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experienceGoodfood2enjoyDined on 8/29/2014Unusual approach to a fun dining evening. Service was excellent. We took advantage for their 'double date' event for a great price. May good back for a special event. After dark the stairs need better lighting before there is an accident. It was very difficult to see .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun once in a whilebeemomDined on 8/29/2014expensive, but fun for a special occasion. the food value isn't very good. four people order four courses but with only two burners per table-you don't wind up getting four choices. For the prices charged, I felt cheated. Food was ok, service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food, service lackingMomoftwoboysDined on 8/27/2014The four course experience had delicious offerings for all four courses. But we had to go get other waiters to get us water and tea refills all night long, and our waitress happened to be incredibly rude on top of not being very attentive. I'd recommend this place for a special occasion if you could avoid the waitress we had!!!Special Features:
- Kids, UuugghhhhOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Staff and food, GREAT! Had some parents in restaurant during our visit that allowed the kids (sounded under 6 years of age) to be loud and kept shrieking with no parental intervention to settle down. I paid for the Ultimate Romance Package and the unruly kids almost ruined the experience. Our waiter went out of his way to make the situation better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014It's was my daughters birthday. I put that in our reservation and I also told our waiter when we arrived. He left us for a long time without checking back on us. Then he did not do the special birthday dessert that I saw others getting that night. A little disappointing.
- My favorite place!LoudinaDined on 8/22/2014Love this place! Go to for special occasions. Just celebrated our 7th anniversary! Very romantic dinner with great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Wow! Melting pot is a very great place from every aspect will most definitely be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely Romantic DinnerDinner42inDallasDined on 8/20/2014Enjoyed a dinner at Melting pot on a weeknight. Kris was our waiter and explained every step to us clearly. We had not been to Fondue before so the different sauces, stew pot choices and menu choices were a bit overwhelming. My wife and I shared a 4 course meal, the Classic. Talked about life, love and family. The booths were tall - - so our conversations were very private. We recommend Melting Pot for anyone who can devote 2 hours or more to a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made my birthday perfect!JeniferDined on 8/17/2014We had such great service and it ended my birthday on a perfect note. The best part was taking home chocolate covered strawberries so I could continue the experience the next day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DandPDined on 8/16/2014Went here with my husband, my sister-in-law and her husband duringRestaurant Week. This was our first experience here. We had the Black Cheddar Truffle, California salad, entrees (Pork Medallion, Ahi Tuna, Filet Mignon, Spinach And Artichoke Ravioli, Chicken, Shrimp, and Mushroom Sacchetti) and Smores dessert. The Chicken entree was overly seasoned, but everything else was very tasty. There was plenty of food, and the service was very good. The cuts of meat and fish were fresh and good quality. For the $35/person price, it was worth the value. I don't know if I'd go there without a special price going on, because it's kind of pricey (especially when you have to cook your own food). It's a nice date or group food experience.Special Features:
- Fondue fun!!!TN2TXDined on 8/16/2014Great special occasion place. Thanks, Melting Pot, for helping local food banks by participating in Restaurant Week! Make sure to leave room for chocolate fondue....sooooo good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family of 3ToodlesDined on 8/16/2014We took my son for his 10th birthday and his exact words were "this is awesome". Highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:
- Impressed OverallChrisEatsDined on 8/15/2014The food is here is great, especially the desert items. However, be prepared to be there about 3 hours four all 4 courses. Our server was very personable and professional, the only criticism I would have would be that we had to ask for refills every time our glasses were empty. We came on an anniversary date but I think it's best to come with at least 4 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Food was either over seasoned or bland. Cheese was overbearing with while wine. Best part was the salad. My dad found plastic in his meat. We won't be back.
- Great Birthday Celebration!NewlyRetiredDined on 8/15/2014We always enjoy the melting pot for special occasions. A little pricey so we save it for birthdays. This time our waiter was great but must have had too many tables because he was clearly stressed and we waited a long time between courses. Still food was great and we thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor overpriced experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014We made a reservation for 8:30. We arrived at 8:25 and were told they were running 40 minutes behind. I asked whey they didn't call and didn't have an answer other than saying they were too busy. There were 4 other parties waiting for a table but the restaurant was not busy. We asked to see the manager, and she acted as if they had no experience working in a restaurant. Shocking. It was my daughter's birthday, so we waited. There were 7 open tables when we were seated. Our waiter had 7 tables, and was clearly spread to thin. It was dirty, poorly lit, and smelled bad. Portions were very small and the food was extremely overpriced. Never got an apology, or a visit from a manager to check on us. Horrible experience and we will not return.
- First ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The experience was definitely an EXPERIENCE. I don't think I was quite prepared for the duration of the 4 course meal; however, I know (now) to reserve an earlier time on a work night. I wasn't very please with the cheese selection we chose; however, our server did accommodate us with another selection... which caused a longer duration of our first experience. The best experience was the desert. Overall it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondu not for meOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014This was my first time here. My wife had been wanting to go for a long time, so I took her for her birthday. The cheese was really good. We had the spinach artichoke. The salad was nothing special. Mine seemed like it could have come right out of a bag from the grocery store. I was not impressed with the main entrée. Boiled is not my preferred method of cooking a steak. I did enjoy the tuna however, and my wife said the ravioli was good. The vegetable were good. Overall, just an OK meal for me. The bill was over $100. I feel like I could have done better somewhere else for the price. At least I finally got that crossed off my list of places to go. On a positive note, the service was very friendly. Blaike did a great job.Special Features:
- Dinner at Melting PotMathmanDined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent especially the cheese/bread and the dessert. The main course was good but the portions were small considering the price. Our bill with 1 drink and including tip was one hundred and ten. The main course gave the choice of 5 items to pick. Each selection was only 2 pieces except for 3 shrimps. I would go back but only for special occasions.Special Features:
- Worrth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We went for restaurant week and our server was very knowledgeable & efficient. She didn't try to push us to add anything that we didn't want. The food was delicious and this is a great place to come and enjoy your friends or family's company! Intimate yet not too quiet. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Well, lets see. 7:30 reservation, table was ready 30 minutes late. I personally phoned ahead to have rose pedals added to the table, an option when making a reservation, they forgot. Waiter was rude. Both napkins had food on them, were not clean. Spend your money somewhere else!
- Excellent celebration destinationFaithriderDined on 8/12/2014The Melting Pot was fantastic food and beautiful ambiance. Our Server Blaike was professional, efficient but relaxed, an amazing asset to any restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & TastyFoodieDoodieDined on 8/12/2014We came here for DFW RW and were very pleased. We have already made plans to go back. The waiters are super nice, so service is amazing. They make all the fondues in front of you. It makes the whole restaurant very fragrant. We tried the Truffle Cheddar, and it was fantastic. Everything mesh and the dippers paired well with the cheese. Their portions may seem small, but you really do get full off all those little tasty morsels!Special Features:
- Great Group Experiencechellebelle0234Dined on 8/11/2014My husband and I invited another couple out for our anniversary. I wasn't terribly impressed with the cheeses, but they aren't really my forte in the first place. The entree bites were AMAZING, although I wouldn't recommend this restaurant if you are starving and looking for a big filling meal.Special Features:
- Overall Great!LoveitDined on 8/11/2014We were 20 minutes late due to traffic but the graciously fit us in. The food was great (the green goddess sauce is the best). Our server Danielle was great and very attentive! We loved it all!Special Features:
- A disappointmentLarHDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant is totally retro...a fern bar without the ferns. The Addison location is upstairs, dark and looks worn out. After the host rattled off a garbled description of the menu we asked about the restaurant week menu and and were scolded for not specifying the restaurant menu when we made our reservation. Not a great welcome...but never mind on to the food. Again a disappointment. Our waiter was unkempt and the service unpolished, but well paced. The cheese used in the cheese fondue was not great..no cheese flavor. The entree fondue was better and the table top cooking is fun, but not good enough to offset the rest of the experience. I think I'll just make fondue at home.
- Great funLoriDined on 8/10/2014My daughter loved the experience. Made for a great mom and daughter date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodBethDined on 8/10/2014Food was great but was disappointed because our new dipping forks for dessert were dirty and when we asked for new ones, the server didn't bring any so we had to improvise.Special Features: