The Melting Pot - Columbus
4014 Townsfair Way
Columbus, OH 43219Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Columbus
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/columbus/specials
- Phone: (614) 476-5500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Our event coordinators can help create customized menus, menu print-outs, wine pairings, and bar packages. The Melting Pot has private booths for two guests up to a banquet room for groups of 45 guests.
- Private Party Contact: George Chaposky 6144765500
A word from The Melting Pot - Columbus
The Melting Pot offers a unique and interactive dining experience in a casual elegant atmosphere. It's the perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party, or friendly gathering. Guests enjoy a choice of 4 flavorful fondue cooking styles and a variety of entree selections combined with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salad, fine wines and mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Melting Pot - Columbus - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
The Melting Pot - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)romantic (95)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (33)notable wine list (18)hot spot (15)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (12)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Special Occasion Once a Year!OneTimeDined on 11/15/2014The food is always fresh and vibrant with the smell of fresh herbs filling the air. How can you go wrong with a fondue? The prices may be a bit steep, but for the once a year a treat it's well worth the splurge and wait. Remember to book a reservation or you'll be sorry! We made that mistake and waited 5 hours for the next available table.... and I'd do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Gr8servergr8experienceDined on 11/8/2014My server, drew, was amazing. He made sure we understood everything about the menu, and treated us great. The food was pretty darn good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So romantic!JenWDined on 11/8/2014My boyfriend and I love the Melting Pot, we've celebrated twice there twice now. Awesome food and dessert, great service, and cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightkzfoodieDined on 11/8/2014A little pricey but a fun experience....something different for date night with my husbandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Unique dining experience. Very romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014My first time dinning and I enjoyed it. My waitress was very patient and helpful. Not a fan of the meats (I had chicken and steak), but the chocolate and cheese was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soBluejy4Dined on 10/21/2014I was surprised with the quality of the salad. I got a house salad and asked for a new one because half of the lettuce was pink. The new one wasn't much better. The quantity of food was small. For as much as you pay, I would expect more quality and quantity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best b day!myscoopDined on 10/19/2014they really have outdone themselves the tasting menu was spectacular! They need to offer different tasting menus at different times of the year. That would be great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousjules2448Dined on 10/18/2014We always have a wonderful meal with great service. This is our "go to" place to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimerBestDined on 10/17/2014My Hubby and I went to the MP for his birthday and we both agree that it was awesome from the food to the service to the hospitality! We will certainly be back for more! Our waiter, Richard was the best!!! Thank you so much Richard for Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itMomoftwoDined on 10/16/2014Make sure you have at least two hours to enjoy this experience, it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014For it being our first time there, our waitress Rachel (I think) was really helpful in guiding us on how to do things...when I come back I would want her as my waitress again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentDeniseDined on 10/9/2014I have visited The Melting Pot a good handful of times in the past this time was to celebrate my son's 21St birthday with myself him and his girlfriend. We had a wonderful time. The food was wonderful as always- but the service was better than we have ever experienced. Our server's name was Richard- and he was great!Special Features:
- Good for special occasionsFrogger757Dined on 10/8/2014First visit to Melting Pot, and first restaurant trying fondue. Their 4-course meals are big. Recommend splitting with a date.Special Features:
- AwsomeCchandran627Dined on 10/3/2014The service was the best I've ever seen. When had dirty dishes any server walking past took our dishes. I have been to many resturants and never saw that happen. It was great that's how all resturants should be. Instead if the snotty attitudes servers have as in " it's not my table ".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful experienceThomasDined on 10/3/2014Elegant, friendly and quiet dinning with terrific, delicious food that is fun to fix!! Loved the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review on 10-14KudokidDined on 10/3/2014Though the atmosphere was vey nice, the food was highly over-rated and over-priced. The service was very good. I dont think i would go back. I can go elsewhere and get tastier food at a much lower price.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, little overpricedmamagugDined on 9/28/2014We go to this restaurant at least once a year, usually as my daughter's birthday dinner choice. While we love the food, I think the $180 bill (yes, this included the tip) for 3 meals is a little excessive. It did include salad and dessert -- did the 4 course meals, and no alcoholic beverages to inflate the tab -- just food and soft drinks. Service does not move fast, but they've always been polite and attentive. The food is good, but not overwhelmingly so, thinking our money may be better spent at one of the fine restaurants downtown next time. I've always loved the Melting Pot, but just doesn't seem worth the money when there are so many other lower priced restaurants with better food. The hefty price is what keeps it a 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarDgoodDined on 9/27/2014Amazing service from Lena! Would love to go back again! Great food!!Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsHillmom2Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I have been to The Melting Pot more times than I can count. We are never disappointed! The food, service and atmosphere is always spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place For A Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014My wife and I have been to the Melting Pot in Easton several time for celebrations over the years the food and atmosphere are always excellent. The service is always friendly, helpful and informative. The last time we went really helped us see how great their service really is, because my wife and I been on a fairly restrictive diet because of some food allergies that she has developed. Our server was very patient and understanding, he went through the ingredients on everything we ordered to make sure it did not have anything she was allergic too in it. We end up only being able to have the plain oil when our main course came around, but everything else was fine and we were very appreciative of our servers patients and understanding.Special Features:
- Had FunOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014It was a new place for us and we liked it, but the seats are torn and the place just needs a good cleaningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningBreeDined on 9/13/2014The Melting Pot is one of my favorite places to eat for special occasions and we had a nice anniversary dinner here. There was an issue with our burner (or our waitress wasn't sure on how high to turn it up?), and this was the third visit in a row where that was the case. Twice it hasn't warmed things up anywhere near quickly enough and the other time it was heating things up to the point that even at low the oil was cooking things on the outside much faster than the inside was cooking. Anyway, that frustration aside I would still recommend the Melting Pot. I love the food and they gave us chocolate covered strawberries for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerLovesFondueVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great dinner and nice environment! A bit pricey, so I would recommend for a special occassion!Special Features:
- It's OK...DragracingdivaDined on 9/11/2014I did not realize that I had to cook all the food myself. The waiter seemed miffed that we did not want the 4 course meal, we can't eat that much and I don't like salads. My pasta kept falling off the skewer, the burner went out and it had to heat back up again meanwhile we are starving. I really don't enjoy working for my food. With as much as I paid for dinner I had to work too hard!Special Features:
- not relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food is always excellent, but unfortunately there were some inconsiderate patrons playing cell phone videosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!QueenJDined on 8/27/2014We went to the Melting Pot to celebrate my birthday, and as usual it didn't disappoint! We did the 4-course experience and took home leftovers of the main course. As always, the cheddar cheese fondue was delicious. We substituted dark chocolate for milk in the s'mores dessert and it was fabulous. Our server was very friendly and attentive. A great special occasion spot!Special Features:
- Surpassed my expectationsFood4thoughtDined on 8/26/2014I was a bit skeptical because of the rumored price tag on dinner for two. The price was second to the experience. From the appetizer all the way through the dessert everything was delicious. Plan to spend at minimum 100$ with tip for two but was it ever worth it. My order came out wrong but it was quickly fixed and they let me keep the extra food. Bonus! I recommend the white chocolate creme brûlée it was beyond tasty. It's too bad I can't afford to visit more often but it's definitely atop my list for special occasion dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frozen Fondue FairytaleCaPmomDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful event! They provided tiaras and wands for the girls, The waitresses dressed like princesses, and even the waiters wore tiaras! Elsa and Ana were great. Our server was fantastic with my two 5 year-old little girls. I would take them again without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but ehh...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014I liked the food no doubt about that, but the prices are too high for this restaurant if you ask me. It's about $100 for 2 people to dine, and I would rather attend one of the great steak houses for that price. Like I said the food was good, but overpriced. I think you will like the food, I would just rather spend that much money on dinner elsewhere.
- It was pretty okMicFDined on 8/19/2014We had a good time, but the entire meal took about 2.5 hours with atleast half an hour wasted waiting on the server. Also, we had a very patient child with us (2 years old) whose servings equated to about $25 of the $100 tab. That is pretty excessive for a 2 year old. We would have been more than satisfied as a table with about 2 servings of each course. This is certainly not a place intended for children, but if you don't have an option and are out with your kids...they don't have an affordable choice...and will not let them share your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014Service was VERY slow - we had to constantly stay on top of the server (I think that they gave him to many tables at one time). The server was great when he was at our table, but would disappear once he walked away. Since everything seemed to be taking along time to get from the kitchen to our table, I wanted to ensure that I wasn't making a big deal out of something that potentially wasn't. So I set the timer on my phone once the server took our dessert order...after the timer hit 32 mins, we gave up and went to find the manager to ask for the check and didn't get dessert (which made me very sad since that is the best part).
- Doesn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Never disappointed. Always great food & service. Could have done without the couple behind us arguing and using curse words. Kind of puts a damper on a special night. I would have hoped the restaurant could have done something aboutvut when we complained...oh well. At least the food was stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun experienceIluvwineVIPDined on 8/16/2014this is a experience, its a lot of fun you need to go here and try at least once the full course experience. you need to stay to the right side of menu in order to keep in a reasonable cost. the left side of the menu is al a cart so it get very expensive very fast. I found out the hard way and set me back almost 300 with tip for four people so I suggest you watch that. wine list could be better it was mediocre at best. wines not that good. food is very good and it is fun to cook them in a fondue pot. I will go back for sure and this time not make the mistake of ordering off left side of menu. this is most fun for dessert the chocolate fondue is outstanding. the menu can be confusing that is one area they can improve on.Special Features:
- Always amazing!SarahDined on 8/11/2014The melting pot never fails to amaze us! It's our favorite date night meal. The fondue cheese is fantastic, the california salad makes all other salads seem boring cooking our own food is fun and it's delicious and the chocolate dessert is always welcomed. YUM!Special Features:
- Great experience- first time dinersOSUfreshmanfoodieDined on 8/10/2014Our server Rachel was amazing. She had extensive knowledge of the menu and crowd favorites. She gave us recommendations on dipping pairs and really ensured we had the best possible dining experience. The chocolate course was sensational!! The chocolate was perfectly tempered and the dippers were fresh and just the right size. We will definitely be returning customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the MoneyLMC89Dined on 8/8/2014Great restaurant to celebrate something special. Wonderful good and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceGoodDined on 8/5/2014Our waiter was very knowledgeable in the food even though we been there many times and help us select something different to trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualTwofordinnerDined on 8/1/2014Great food and great service always makes for a perfect evening. We have always had a great experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bomb sheltersinjin79Dined on 8/1/2014Overall we had a great experience. Breakdown by category... Food - The food courses were good with the cheese appetizer and chocolate dessert leading the way. The main course meats could have been complimented with options of pasta or rice. Inexpensive but would have helped complete the main course which by itself wasn't anything over the top. Service - Very good. Everyone was polite and server was informative. Ambience - This was our third time eating at a Melting Pot but this was the first time we had eaten at any restaurant completely underground. We would have been safe had Putin gotten trigger happy. Snaking down the stairway and into the dimly lighted ambience reminded us of a 30's Speak Easy. Not bad. Just different.Special Features: