The Melting Pot - Columbus
4014 Townsfair Way
Columbus, OH 43219Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Columbus
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/columbus/specials
- Phone: 6144765500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Our event coordinators can help create customized menus, menu print-outs, wine pairings, and bar packages. The Melting Pot has private booths for two guests up to a banquet room for groups of 45 guests.
- Private Party Contact: George Chaposky 6144765500
A word from The Melting Pot - Columbus
The Melting Pot offers a unique and interactive dining experience in a casual elegant atmosphere. It's the perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party, or friendly gathering. Guests enjoy a choice of 4 flavorful fondue cooking styles and a variety of entree selections combined with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salad, fine wines and mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Melting Pot - Columbus - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
The Melting Pot - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)romantic (85)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (29)hot spot (19)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Dinner!QueenJDined on 8/27/2014We went to the Melting Pot to celebrate my birthday, and as usual it didn't disappoint! We did the 4-course experience and took home leftovers of the main course. As always, the cheddar cheese fondue was delicious. We substituted dark chocolate for milk in the s'mores dessert and it was fabulous. Our server was very friendly and attentive. A great special occasion spot!Special Features:
- Surpassed my expectationsFood4thoughtDined on 8/26/2014I was a bit skeptical because of the rumored price tag on dinner for two. The price was second to the experience. From the appetizer all the way through the dessert everything was delicious. Plan to spend at minimum 100$ with tip for two but was it ever worth it. My order came out wrong but it was quickly fixed and they let me keep the extra food. Bonus! I recommend the white chocolate creme brûlée it was beyond tasty. It's too bad I can't afford to visit more often but it's definitely atop my list for special occasion dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frozen Fondue FairytaleCaPmomDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful event! They provided tiaras and wands for the girls, The waitresses dressed like princesses, and even the waiters wore tiaras! Elsa and Ana were great. Our server was fantastic with my two 5 year-old little girls. I would take them again without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but ehh...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014I liked the food no doubt about that, but the prices are too high for this restaurant if you ask me. It's about $100 for 2 people to dine, and I would rather attend one of the great steak houses for that price. Like I said the food was good, but overpriced. I think you will like the food, I would just rather spend that much money on dinner elsewhere.
- It was pretty okMicFDined on 8/19/2014We had a good time, but the entire meal took about 2.5 hours with atleast half an hour wasted waiting on the server. Also, we had a very patient child with us (2 years old) whose servings equated to about $25 of the $100 tab. That is pretty excessive for a 2 year old. We would have been more than satisfied as a table with about 2 servings of each course. This is certainly not a place intended for children, but if you don't have an option and are out with your kids...they don't have an affordable choice...and will not let them share your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014Service was VERY slow - we had to constantly stay on top of the server (I think that they gave him to many tables at one time). The server was great when he was at our table, but would disappear once he walked away. Since everything seemed to be taking along time to get from the kitchen to our table, I wanted to ensure that I wasn't making a big deal out of something that potentially wasn't. So I set the timer on my phone once the server took our dessert order...after the timer hit 32 mins, we gave up and went to find the manager to ask for the check and didn't get dessert (which made me very sad since that is the best part).
- Doesn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Never disappointed. Always great food & service. Could have done without the couple behind us arguing and using curse words. Kind of puts a damper on a special night. I would have hoped the restaurant could have done something aboutvut when we complained...oh well. At least the food was stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun experienceIluvwineVIPDined on 8/16/2014this is a experience, its a lot of fun you need to go here and try at least once the full course experience. you need to stay to the right side of menu in order to keep in a reasonable cost. the left side of the menu is al a cart so it get very expensive very fast. I found out the hard way and set me back almost 300 with tip for four people so I suggest you watch that. wine list could be better it was mediocre at best. wines not that good. food is very good and it is fun to cook them in a fondue pot. I will go back for sure and this time not make the mistake of ordering off left side of menu. this is most fun for dessert the chocolate fondue is outstanding. the menu can be confusing that is one area they can improve on.Special Features:
- Always amazing!SarahDined on 8/11/2014The melting pot never fails to amaze us! It's our favorite date night meal. The fondue cheese is fantastic, the california salad makes all other salads seem boring cooking our own food is fun and it's delicious and the chocolate dessert is always welcomed. YUM!Special Features:
- Great experience- first time dinersOSUfreshmanfoodieDined on 8/10/2014Our server Rachel was amazing. She had extensive knowledge of the menu and crowd favorites. She gave us recommendations on dipping pairs and really ensured we had the best possible dining experience. The chocolate course was sensational!! The chocolate was perfectly tempered and the dippers were fresh and just the right size. We will definitely be returning customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the MoneyLMC89Dined on 8/8/2014Great restaurant to celebrate something special. Wonderful good and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceGoodDined on 8/5/2014Our waiter was very knowledgeable in the food even though we been there many times and help us select something different to trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualTwofordinnerDined on 8/1/2014Great food and great service always makes for a perfect evening. We have always had a great experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bomb sheltersinjin79Dined on 8/1/2014Overall we had a great experience. Breakdown by category... Food - The food courses were good with the cheese appetizer and chocolate dessert leading the way. The main course meats could have been complimented with options of pasta or rice. Inexpensive but would have helped complete the main course which by itself wasn't anything over the top. Service - Very good. Everyone was polite and server was informative. Ambience - This was our third time eating at a Melting Pot but this was the first time we had eaten at any restaurant completely underground. We would have been safe had Putin gotten trigger happy. Snaking down the stairway and into the dimly lighted ambience reminded us of a 30's Speak Easy. Not bad. Just different.Special Features:
- Outstanding EVERY timeRoleModel83Dined on 7/28/2014Never ceases to amaze me how wonderful the experience is at The Melting Pot. The staff is perfect and goes over the top to make it a memorable experience.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Everything was great. Could not have asked for better service or foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We just had the dessert, but it was outstanding and the staff was very good. Excellent job! Kenny LaneSpecial Features:
- Always impressive!krysten220Dined on 7/26/2014This was my fiance's first visit to the Melting Pot, and he was so impressed! Everything was great—food, service, atmosphere. It's a bit pricey, but we'll definitely go again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- melting pot excellentblueeyes299Dined on 7/26/2014Love the melting pot. Place like no other. Food is fun, since you cook it at your table. Delicious . Love the cheese fondue for appetizer, main course ..yum and the best part is the dessert, we always get the flaming smores. Servers are very nice and informative and very attentive.Special Features:
- Love the service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The service was the best part of our date. This is our first time dining at this restaurant. The waitress was very polite, explained the entire process, the cheese/salad/meats/ how you cook to the food and for how long. The rest of the staff there would walk by with a smile and would pick up any empty/dirty dishes that were left on the side of our table. It was quiet and very relaxing after a long week of travel and could enjoy a conversation without being extremely loud. The food was very delicious and because of how slow (in a very good way) the process took, I was too full for dessert, but our waitress brought us out complimentary strawberries for us to taste.Special Features:
- good time had by allsmthVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our visit was a lot of fun. The food was good. The Restaurant Week offerings were a good mix and our waiter was pleasant and attentive without being cloying.Special Features:
- nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014My husband and I went just for dessert to celebrate our anniversary. We had a nice evening, food was good, staff was friendly, however the service was slow. We waited for 5 - 10 mins before we were greeted by a waiter. Then when it came to paying the bill, we gave the check to a different employee because it took so long for our person to come back. Also, the table of 4 next to us was a bit loud which distracted from our evening. Overall it was a decent experience, but I will only go on a rare occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningTomR2Dined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed out evening there. Excellent choices of food. Some folks may feel limited since everyone at most tables have to share the same fondue cooking style. That has to be agreed upon at the beginning. The only thing that was surprising was the very high price of wine by the glass.Special Features:
- Our 1st time there.BuckeyefanVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was our 1st time to The Melting Pot but it will not be our last. We loved it!! The Chesse & Chocolate fondue was the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun Birthday Celebration...ddgoodDined on 7/18/2014Thoroughly enjoyed out dinner at The Melting Pot--delicious food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceUpton7Dined on 7/12/2014I Love dining at The Melting Pot. It is such a different experience everytime as we try new things when we dine there. The service is amazing..everyone seems to really enjoy their jobs!! It is a great place to go when you want to socialize with friends and family cause you really can't rush your meal. From start to finish, fun...fun...fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!perdyn15Dined on 7/11/2014My husband and I had our first experience at the Melting Pot and it was amazing! We loved the atmosphere and how we felt like no one else was there. It was very romantic and intimate. Also, the food was incredible! I would definitely recommend doing all 4 courses so you get a full experience. From the first course of cheese fondue all the way to the chocolate fondue we were hooked! It was a unique experience having to cook your own meat and use your hands to eat a lot of the food. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary @ Melting Potosubuckeye8Dined on 7/3/2014My wife and I just spent our anniversary at the Melting Pot the other night. We had heard from other friends that it was a great place to go. We had a blast. Our reservation was at 7 and we probably started eating by 730 with the first course. I recommend that you save two hours to enjoy your time there. We got a four course meal that was for two people and it was plenty of food. I had a beer flight that was paired with each course as it came out and it was awesome. Great restaurant for a special occasion. We will be going back for sure in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLiiaahhhDined on 6/26/2014First time dining experience and it was great! Very romantic! Great for birthdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This was our first adventure to the Easton location. Having been to multiple locations around the country I am always curious to see how each location runs their operation. We were not disappointed! The service was excellent, our booth was private, the drinks were delicious, and of course the food was amazing. Thank you so much for a romantic and enjoyable Saturday evening.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerden2denDined on 6/20/2014We celebrated our 29th anniversary this past week. Wanted something different and had always wanted to try The Melting Pot. We had a great time, food was excellent and unusual and the atmosphere allowed a truly romantic evening. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Night OutReeseDined on 6/14/2014Be sure to bring your appetite. The food is amazing and be sure to set aside a block of time to really enjoy the experience. Our serve Richard was very knowledable and did not rush our experience.Special Features:
- Great NightHungryDined on 6/13/2014I love Melting Pot and I attend often. I was upset however, the Fiesta Cheese and the Mushroom salad were removed, BOTH of my favorites. The night was good, and the addition of the pineapple to the Flaming Turtle plate was AWESOME! It is something NOT to forget! Bring back the mushroom salad though.Special Features:
- Fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Two friends and I came to the Melting Pot for a girls night out. It was a fun night. The waiter was super friendly and very patient with us as we did not know much about the menu. All the staff we met were very nice and polite. It is expensive but also doubles as entertainment so worth the cost to me.Special Features:
- First time questluv2eatDined on 6/7/2014My wife had been throwing out hints for a couple of years to come to The Melting Pot but I held out because I thought fondue died in the '80s. I made reservations for our anniversary and we had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Good but expensivecappd037Dined on 5/28/2014Good but too expensive. $138.00 plus tip. Good food thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Quiet TreatOhioMommaDined on 5/28/2014I went here while traveling for work. It was the perfect place to enjoy some great food in a quiet atmosphere. The fondue was delicious.Special Features:
- All Around Awesome (AAA)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2014The Melting Pot never disappoints. And Drew is the best waiter ever. We are semi-regulars here, and couldn't even remember the last time we'd been here, but Drew remembered our "regular" order!Special Features:
- Nice but Expensive & Took TimeValueKritikDined on 5/20/2014This was a nice restaurant but if you do 3 or 4 course expect be there a while. I think it took us about 35 minutes per course on average with the main course taking the longest since you have to cook the food. We went with 3 courses and it took us 2.5 hours from being seated to check. I would recommend eating somewhere else and then getting the dessert. They dropped the cheesecake which I wanted but it was still good. I think it would be hard to get out of there under $100 for 2 people. Our bill was $130 with a 5 oz glass of wine each and 3 courses. I give it a C for value but a neat concept to do once every long while. C = OK value, atmosphere, and food. One or more of these things was off that detracted from the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableJakeoooohDined on 5/20/2014I always knew the melting pot was there but never really knew much about it. I thought it was going to be a loud, bright place for groups to go. But wow was I wrong. Great atmosphere for a special occasion. Very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.