The Melting Pot - Columbia
10451 Twin Rivers Rd., #124
Columbia, MD 21045Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/columbia-md/specials
- Phone: (410) 740-9988
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, French, Swiss
- Executive Chef: yourself
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot has a semi-private to private dining that can seat up to 28 - 30 guests. Please call for details. We will open as early as 11 for parties over 10.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 4107409988x
- Special Events: Wednesday's 50% off all bottles of wine.
A word from The Melting Pot - Columbia
Your fondue experience … attentive service, the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces, your favorite chocolate fondue. The Melting Pot … it’s dinner to dine for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
The Melting Pot - Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)romantic (87)good for groups (48)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (12)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Melting Pot - Group of 8OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014If you have not been before the menu choices are a little confusing expect to spend 15 mins clarifying with the server. The food was well prepared, of good quality and very fresh. Proportions were just right if you select the four courses which we all had. Given that there is no cooking required by the kitchen, the prices are on the high side, In our case, the server was very pleasant but not very attentive and we had to go and find him to request additional drinks, sides and the bill - not even a top up of water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Very fun date night!! Different and delicious!!! Not like any other restaurant and great to try new things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took our 11 year old for birthday dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014We took our 11 year old son to The Melting Pot for dessert to celebrate his birthday. This was our first visit. We made reservations and were seating quickly when we arrived. Our server was very helpful and pleasant and brought a "Happy Birthday" rice krispie treat out for our son. We chose the plain milk chocolate dessert fondue. The selection of dippers was wonderful and there was something everyone liked. the 11 year old and my 15 year old son really liked the fondue experience. The cost of dessert for 4 and soft drinks was $50 including a generous tip. Although it was on the expensive side, we will probably come back for dinner at some point. Good for romantic dinners or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!IanabelladoDined on 11/20/2014I enjoyed my visit to The Melting Pot. It was very interesting and fun. I would definitely be going back for other I occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtompshereDined on 11/15/2014Loved the atomsphere, but portions were very small for price.Special Features:
- Melting Pot in Columbia is always a treat!MelindaMoody8106Dined on 11/14/2014We recently ate at the Melting Pot with our friends. We were on a triple date. We waited in the bar for one of the couples and the bartender was great. We had an amazing dinner as usual. Mike our waiter was awesome. He was very friendly and had such personality. He explained all of the new items on menu and was very knowledgeable with some of the favorites! We will definitely be back and be requesting Mike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAdriDined on 11/12/2014It is an amazing place where you can go and be imitateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceFoodIsMyWeaknessDined on 11/10/2014I have been to other Melting Pot restaurants, but this experience was unfortunately pretty bad. It normally takes over two hours for the 4 course meal, so it was expected. At least the food was well seasoned. The service was terrible, in the whole 3 hours we were there, our server Jillian replenished our drinks once. Jillian would come by ask us if we were ready to make our choice, but not return for over 10 minutes. It wasn't even busy that evening. The service ruined the experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014I was VERY upset with the sever she disapeared for about 45 minutes one time while waitting on us and then about 20 minutes another time (all in the same night). Then an 18.9% tip was taken for her without our Ok(there were only 2 people in our party). I am usually good with tipping but she didn't wait on us over half our time there. If something would keep me from coming back that would be the thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceluvbirdsDined on 11/7/2014We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary. We were wished Happy Anniversary several times and given a small momento to take with us. The service was outstanding and the food absolutely delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful FonduekeithcVIPDined on 11/2/2014Enjoy fondue in this new location with really nice settings. The only thing that was slow was our server in getting drinks and our next dish of fondue. When he went to get drink refills he disappeared for 30 min and didn't give an explanation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HalloweenExperinceDined on 10/31/2014I took my 9 year old son to the melting pot. He loves the cheese and chocolate.Special Features:
- Wonderful event dining!!Try4lifeDined on 10/26/2014We took family visiting from out of state. Food was so good that 2 and 3 days later, I still have the tastes of flavors in my palate!Special Features:
- Girls night outMurphDined on 10/25/2014We had a great time. Chocolate fondue was the best.Special Features:
- perfect for conversationeatanddineDined on 10/25/2014This is the perfect place to go to really talk with your dining partners. The process of cooking your food takes time and allows you to relax. It is also quiet enough for conversation while so many restaurants are so noisy these days. I usually go here with my husband or to celebrate a special occasion. This night I went with my sister and it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Know What You Are DoingCoolPapaDined on 10/25/2014Birthday dinner - first time for me. Love fondue. Cheese was great. Was not aware that the main dish was also to be fondued. Do not do the lobster. Nasty. Broiled lobster delicious. Boiled lobster not so much. Expensive waste. No drawn butter on table. Got butter. Twice. Somehow both unsalted and very peppery, for some reason. Not crazy about chocolate. Ate strawberries. Everyone else seemed to have a good time with no complaints.Special Features:
- DelightfulHappyAnniversaryDined on 10/17/2014Absolutely adored it. It was for our anniversary dinner and I thought it was such a great experience. He promises we'll come back for every occasion from now on! I look forward to the next opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!GingerDined on 10/17/2014The Melting Pot is our go-to place when we want an intimate and romantic dinner when the kids are away. The service is always wonderful and the food delicious!!Special Features:
- great servicebadcookmamaDined on 10/17/2014Great service. Very nice and attentive. Food was fine. Cheese had a bit too much wine in it. Meats were all very good. And dessert is always delicious. We'll return again b/c waitress and manager were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Food was great and our server Mike was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryJennDined on 10/12/2014It was our first time, we loved it but I think it's extremely over priced. Our waitress didn't tell us U get charged for the cooking sauce of 4.95 a piece so on top of almost 40.00 a plate add another 5.00 a piece for the 4 course, which we weren't happy about! They were clearly understaffed, cause the hostess said we r really busy yet, lobby was empty and restaurant tables were empty, yet we waited forever to get seating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!ChocolateloverDined on 10/12/2014Service was great! Hostess was very accommodating, the bartender was fantastic, dining room server was great and took time to explain the menu. There were a few quirks, but overall I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFoodhoundDined on 10/11/2014Fantastic service - our server was amazing. The food was very good, and it had better options than other Melting Pot restaurants, as you could pick and choose your entrees individually. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMLTNGDined on 10/11/2014I have two teenage daughters with October birthdays. The Melting Pot was a perfect place to celebrate! It wasn't just a dinner, it was an experience! The food was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Overpriced and food is ok ... would skip the salad and just do cheese and chocolate next timeSpecial Features:
- FonduestaceDined on 10/10/2014I found the food to be ok I was disappointed in both cheese fondues they were overpowered by a taste of wine or garlic I was really thinking this would be the signature dish on a good note my server Has was by far the most personable knowledgable waiter I have ever had He made the experience great I was a server as a bartender and can really attest to high quality service when I encounter itSpecial Features:
- Off NightSurfergreeneDined on 10/5/2014Service was lacking. Not to the point of being egregious but it was as if we were put on the back burner. We're very patient and forgiving as my wife and I are former servers in the industry. When our server dripped our check at the conclusion of our meal, we waited well over 5 minutes and I had finally waited long enough, so I got up to hand someone my credit card to check out. We generally love this place but we weren't being loved in return this evening.Special Features:
- ConfusedDezzy1984Dined on 10/4/2014This place is normally on point but between the rude hostess And having to wait 45 mins to be sat when I had made reservations, it was a rather bad experience. Hopefully next time will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit slow and a bit creepyDgephDined on 10/4/2014Our reservations were for 7:00, finally got seated after 7:30. I mentioned to the waitress that it was my birthday, she took that as an invitation to talk about her friend that got shot in the throat two days earlier. Not quite what we wanted to hear over our cheese fondue. Food was basically ok, although portions were a bit small. The wine flights are well chosen for the 4 course meal. Finally got out of there after 9:30. The concept of a three-course fondue with a salad is good, the execution needs a bit of tightening up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!JacquelynnMDined on 10/4/2014Our reservation was for four adults, though we also had a 6 week old baby in our group. (Since she wouldn't require a high chair we hadn't added her to the reservation.) When the staff realized there was a baby with us, they bent over backwards to find us something larger than the standard booth. They asked for our patience as they did some maneuvering, and put us all at an eight-person table. We never would have asked for a large table, but they got us settled in quite nicely and there was room for the baby's carrier seat. Our server was Rebecca, and she was not only attentive and helpful, but she had a wonderful sense of humor and kept pretend-threatening to sing for the birthday of one of our group. What a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I just celebrated our 11th Anniversary at the Melting Pot in Columbia, MD. The ambiance was perfect; the food was delicious; and the service was spectacular!! We didn't feel rushed to finish our meal (as some restaurants try to rush you along), but one of the staff was always nearby and attentive, in case we needed anything. We could not have asked for a better evening out for our "Special Day".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceWantMyOpinionDined on 9/29/2014I attended the Melting Pot with my boyfriend for date night. We went on a Monday night. It wasn't very crowded. The atmosphere was so romantic and service was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and personable and the manager, Dana, was the same. She even adjusted the temperature because she saw that I chilly. I absolutely would return. My suggestions: Order the duck. It was the best of any of our 3 choices. Also check Groupon or Living Social for a deal to cut the price off of what will be about a $100 bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServerEmerilDined on 9/26/2014Really enjoy the food at The Melting Pot but the server we got was outstanding. Definitely provided some good suggestions and was very friendly.Special Features:
- Melting potEricDined on 9/26/2014Very calm atmosphere, good food, awesome service, great date night place or group datingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dinnerBrandonDined on 9/26/2014Very fun and different date night option. The service is exceptional. A little pricey considering one of the four courses is a small salad looking like it was thrown together at a cheap salad bar. I left full and had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jam50blueDined on 9/19/2014Though the initial service was great, we waited unreasonably long times between courses. The food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousmimmoo9Dined on 9/17/2014the columbia location has special menu items. i liked that there were "specials" you could get no matter what your preference (mine- cheese, salad, chocolate, friend's- cheese, salad, entree (pick 3), chocolate). brandon was awesome and corinne was great! be sure to visit mickey at the bar for his special recipe bloody mary!Special Features:
- Food was good, service was better!JMarkmanVIPDined on 9/6/2014We've been to a couple melting pots and always enjoyed them; this is definitely the best one. The service was some of the best we've ever had, at any kind of restaurant, and the food was also better (our server indicated that they're a 'testing restaurant', so maybe some are to come elsewhere later?Special Features:
- Had a blastBoomboombroomDined on 9/5/2014We came here on a Friday evening with our 9 year old. They have an excellent kids menu and dispite the fact it's a very romantic place, it's very fitting for children. I am pretty certain the have a side dedicated to families considering every table had a child we dined around. The food was exactly what you'd expect. The old bay cheese was amazing, I got the steak lovers entree & that was delicious and we ended with turtle chocolate. Our waitres was on point with everything we requested. We will definetly return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sroterpDined on 9/5/2014We arrived as the restaurant was opening, so our waiter had a lot of time to chat with us, tell us about the restaurant, and make recommendations. Service was a bit slower once the place started to fill up by 7/8pm, but this isn't too much of an issue considering fondue is a relatively slow-paced meal. The food was fantastic, drinks were great as well. A bit on the pricey side, but would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features: