The Melting Pot - Columbia
10451 Twin Rivers Rd., #124
Columbia, MD 21045Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/columbia-md/specials
- Phone: 4107409988x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, French, Swiss
- Executive Chef: yourself
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot has a semi-private to private dining that can seat up to 28 - 30 guests. Please call for details. We will open as early as 11 for parties over 10.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 4107409988x
- Special Events: Wednesday's 50% off all bottles of wine.
A word from The Melting Pot - Columbia
Your fondue experience … attentive service, the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces, your favorite chocolate fondue. The Melting Pot … it’s dinner to dine for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
The Melting Pot - Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (74)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The Melting Pot is our go-to place when we want an intimate and romantic dinner when the kids are away. The service is always wonderful and the food delicious!!Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great service. Very nice and attentive. Food was fine. Cheese had a bit too much wine in it. Meats were all very good. And dessert is always delicious. We'll return again b/c waitress and manager were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Food was great and our server Mike was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryJennDined on 10/12/2014It was our first time, we loved it but I think it's extremely over priced. Our waitress didn't tell us U get charged for the cooking sauce of 4.95 a piece so on top of almost 40.00 a plate add another 5.00 a piece for the 4 course, which we weren't happy about! They were clearly understaffed, cause the hostess said we r really busy yet, lobby was empty and restaurant tables were empty, yet we waited forever to get seating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!ChocolateloverDined on 10/12/2014Service was great! Hostess was very accommodating, the bartender was fantastic, dining room server was great and took time to explain the menu. There were a few quirks, but overall I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFoodhoundDined on 10/11/2014Fantastic service - our server was amazing. The food was very good, and it had better options than other Melting Pot restaurants, as you could pick and choose your entrees individually. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMLTNGDined on 10/11/2014I have two teenage daughters with October birthdays. The Melting Pot was a perfect place to celebrate! It wasn't just a dinner, it was an experience! The food was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Overpriced and food is ok ... would skip the salad and just do cheese and chocolate next timeSpecial Features:
- FonduestaceDined on 10/10/2014I found the food to be ok I was disappointed in both cheese fondues they were overpowered by a taste of wine or garlic I was really thinking this would be the signature dish on a good note my server Has was by far the most personable knowledgable waiter I have ever had He made the experience great I was a server as a bartender and can really attest to high quality service when I encounter itSpecial Features:
- Off NightSurfergreeneDined on 10/5/2014Service was lacking. Not to the point of being egregious but it was as if we were put on the back burner. We're very patient and forgiving as my wife and I are former servers in the industry. When our server dripped our check at the conclusion of our meal, we waited well over 5 minutes and I had finally waited long enough, so I got up to hand someone my credit card to check out. We generally love this place but we weren't being loved in return this evening.Special Features:
- ConfusedDezzy1984Dined on 10/4/2014This place is normally on point but between the rude hostess And having to wait 45 mins to be sat when I had made reservations, it was a rather bad experience. Hopefully next time will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit slow and a bit creepyDgephDined on 10/4/2014Our reservations were for 7:00, finally got seated after 7:30. I mentioned to the waitress that it was my birthday, she took that as an invitation to talk about her friend that got shot in the throat two days earlier. Not quite what we wanted to hear over our cheese fondue. Food was basically ok, although portions were a bit small. The wine flights are well chosen for the 4 course meal. Finally got out of there after 9:30. The concept of a three-course fondue with a salad is good, the execution needs a bit of tightening up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!JacquelynnMDined on 10/4/2014Our reservation was for four adults, though we also had a 6 week old baby in our group. (Since she wouldn't require a high chair we hadn't added her to the reservation.) When the staff realized there was a baby with us, they bent over backwards to find us something larger than the standard booth. They asked for our patience as they did some maneuvering, and put us all at an eight-person table. We never would have asked for a large table, but they got us settled in quite nicely and there was room for the baby's carrier seat. Our server was Rebecca, and she was not only attentive and helpful, but she had a wonderful sense of humor and kept pretend-threatening to sing for the birthday of one of our group. What a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I just celebrated our 11th Anniversary at the Melting Pot in Columbia, MD. The ambiance was perfect; the food was delicious; and the service was spectacular!! We didn't feel rushed to finish our meal (as some restaurants try to rush you along), but one of the staff was always nearby and attentive, in case we needed anything. We could not have asked for a better evening out for our "Special Day".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceWantMyOpinionDined on 9/29/2014I attended the Melting Pot with my boyfriend for date night. We went on a Monday night. It wasn't very crowded. The atmosphere was so romantic and service was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and personable and the manager, Dana, was the same. She even adjusted the temperature because she saw that I chilly. I absolutely would return. My suggestions: Order the duck. It was the best of any of our 3 choices. Also check Groupon or Living Social for a deal to cut the price off of what will be about a $100 bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServerEmerilDined on 9/26/2014Really enjoy the food at The Melting Pot but the server we got was outstanding. Definitely provided some good suggestions and was very friendly.Special Features:
- Melting potEricDined on 9/26/2014Very calm atmosphere, good food, awesome service, great date night place or group datingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dinnerBrandonDined on 9/26/2014Very fun and different date night option. The service is exceptional. A little pricey considering one of the four courses is a small salad looking like it was thrown together at a cheap salad bar. I left full and had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jam50blueDined on 9/19/2014Though the initial service was great, we waited unreasonably long times between courses. The food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousmimmoo9Dined on 9/17/2014the columbia location has special menu items. i liked that there were "specials" you could get no matter what your preference (mine- cheese, salad, chocolate, friend's- cheese, salad, entree (pick 3), chocolate). brandon was awesome and corinne was great! be sure to visit mickey at the bar for his special recipe bloody mary!Special Features:
- Food was good, service was better!JMarkmanVIPDined on 9/6/2014We've been to a couple melting pots and always enjoyed them; this is definitely the best one. The service was some of the best we've ever had, at any kind of restaurant, and the food was also better (our server indicated that they're a 'testing restaurant', so maybe some are to come elsewhere later?Special Features:
- Had a blastBoomboombroomDined on 9/5/2014We came here on a Friday evening with our 9 year old. They have an excellent kids menu and dispite the fact it's a very romantic place, it's very fitting for children. I am pretty certain the have a side dedicated to families considering every table had a child we dined around. The food was exactly what you'd expect. The old bay cheese was amazing, I got the steak lovers entree & that was delicious and we ended with turtle chocolate. Our waitres was on point with everything we requested. We will definetly return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sroterpDined on 9/5/2014We arrived as the restaurant was opening, so our waiter had a lot of time to chat with us, tell us about the restaurant, and make recommendations. Service was a bit slower once the place started to fill up by 7/8pm, but this isn't too much of an issue considering fondue is a relatively slow-paced meal. The food was fantastic, drinks were great as well. A bit on the pricey side, but would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience for our familyyuriDined on 8/29/2014We had such a great experience here. We weren't sure how it would be with our toddler since it's an upscale restaurant, but it was very kid friendly. The food was delicious and it was a fun experience to fondue your way thru dinner. The service was also impeccable. We felt like our dinner experience was a great value for what we received and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Expected moreFILDinerDined on 8/20/2014The food was good. The concept is great. The music was too casual & fast for a slow & intimate setting. Our server was nice but hard to find. It wasn't busy so that wasn't the reason. Overall it was average & for as much as we spent it should have been great.
- Great place for date night!!ILoveFoodDined on 8/19/2014Great food and dessert!! Excellent experience:) The appetizers and desserts are my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a Repeat CustomerMollie26Dined on 8/19/2014The Melting Pot is a great experience. The wait staff is always freindly, knowlegeable, and helpful. A great place for a romantic dinner and even better for celebrating a special occasion with a group. Great food and great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceYoNana5Dined on 8/18/2014We recently had dinner at The Melting Pot in Columbia, MD to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. It was the first time we've been to The Melting Pot; we wanted to go somewhere special for dinner. We were not disappointed. Our server, Sam, was great. He was very patient with us "first timers", and came to our table several times to check on us. The food was delicious and it was fun to cook it ourselves in the fondue pot. We'll definitely go back again, and will recommend The Melting Pot to friends and family.Special Features:
- TammieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014First time, I WILL be back for Anniversary and Birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCristiersDined on 8/6/2014Our waitress was personable. The food was great. I tried a lemon blueberry mojito and it was amazing. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I thought that this place had a very nice atmosphere. I liked the excitement of cooking my own food. I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. I was a bit nervous that it would not be enough food for him. However once he got through all four courses he was very satisfied. The only reason I did not give this place 5 stars is because the servers were a little too friendly. We were asked several times by different restaurant employees, if we were doing okay. At times we felt a little rushed when going from one course to the next.Special Features:
- Our experience was perfect!TheLeffDined on 7/27/2014We couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience. I ordered the balloon package for my husband's birthday and they had it all ready when we got there. He was surprised, which is exactly what I wanted. The hostess was great. The food was fantastic, as always. And our server Rich was phenomenal. We both work in restaurants so we can be a bit biased when judging our servers at times, but Rich was one of the best we have ever had ANYWHERE, for sure. He helped make the evening perfect. The manager (I want to say his name was Noah, if I'm wrong I apologize) also stopped by to make sure all was well (and of course it was), but it is so great that he checked. It added the extra sense of caring that you don't always find elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!TeachDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyed my first visit to The Melting Pot tremendously! The service was fantastic and beware the dessert-chocolate heaven!!! Definitely going back-perfect indulgence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent all aroundKat9876Dined on 7/20/2014Food was delicious, atmosphere was private and friendly, and service was attentive and not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette Foodie ParadiseKimmoDined on 7/19/2014We had a great time at our friend's bachelorette party dinner here at the Melting Pot! Sam and Steve were amazing and the food was delectible. This is a great place for a special occasion or dessert!Special Features:
- Interesting, onceSudzDined on 7/19/2014This was my fourth visit to a Melting Pot (my first to the Columbia location) and I think I'm about done. The food is good and the atmosphere is nice, but for a party of 5 the table we were at simply felt too crowded once all the dishes and things came out. The plug fell out of one of our burners and smacked me on the foot, and we had to use a flashlight app on one of our smartphones so the guy could plug it back in - not something I've ever dealt with while dining out before. Finally, for me 3.5 hours for a meal is simply way too long. I've enjoyed my meals at the Melting Pot to varying degrees, but I doubt I'd ever go back again.Special Features:
- Good experience, but priceypho11Dined on 7/18/2014The experience is where it was at. The bill was pretty pricey for 2 people, and the quality of the food has been beaten many times over by other great restaurants i've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightNightoutDined on 7/16/2014Was a great date night for my husband and I. The food was great. The service was wonderful. It makes for a nice romantic evening out with out the kids.Special Features:
- An enjoyable dinnerDawnieBDined on 7/13/2014We went to The Melting Pot to celebrate my daughter's 15th birthday. The entire experience was enjoyable. Our server, Brandon, was very friendly and helpful, especially helpful to members of our party that had never eaten there before. The food was delicious and Brandon brought my daughter a special birthday dessert plate. We really enjoyed our evening at The Melting Pot.Special Features:
- Enjoyable meal with familyluckylucyDined on 7/12/2014I had only been to The Melting Pot once before and had a good memory of it- maybe 10 years ago! I am of the fondue generation and wanted to go back, but somehow hadn't made it. My husband and I took my mom there. The food was very good, it was entertaining to cook our own, we were very full when we left, the service was excellent, it was nice to have a leisurely meal with time to talk. The room was near empty when we arrived and we thought it was the same when we left. The booths are very tall so there really aren't many people that we could see around us. We were surprised to find our room FULL because it was so quiet. How welcome to find in this age of over stimulating restaurants where everyone is yelling to be heard. Recommend!Special Features: