The Melting Pot - Columbia
10451 Twin Rivers Rd., #124
Columbia, MD 21045Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/columbia-md/specials
- Phone: 4107409988x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, French, Swiss
- Executive Chef: yourself
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot has a semi-private to private dining that can seat up to 28 - 30 guests. Please call for details. We will open as early as 11 for parties over 10.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 4107409988x
- Special Events: Wednesday's 50% off all bottles of wine.
A word from The Melting Pot - Columbia
Your fondue experience … attentive service, the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces, your favorite chocolate fondue. The Melting Pot … it’s dinner to dine for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
The Melting Pot - Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (67)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014I attended the Melting Pot with my boyfriend for date night. We went on a Monday night. It wasn't very crowded. The atmosphere was so romantic and service was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and personable and the manager, Dana, was the same. She even adjusted the temperature because she saw that I chilly. I absolutely would return. My suggestions: Order the duck. It was the best of any of our 3 choices. Also check Groupon or Living Social for a deal to cut the price off of what will be about a $100 bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServerEmerilDined on 9/26/2014Really enjoy the food at The Melting Pot but the server we got was outstanding. Definitely provided some good suggestions and was very friendly.Special Features:
- Fun dinnerBrandonDined on 9/26/2014Very fun and different date night option. The service is exceptional. A little pricey considering one of the four courses is a small salad looking like it was thrown together at a cheap salad bar. I left full and had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jam50blueDined on 9/19/2014Though the initial service was great, we waited unreasonably long times between courses. The food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousmimmoo9Dined on 9/17/2014the columbia location has special menu items. i liked that there were "specials" you could get no matter what your preference (mine- cheese, salad, chocolate, friend's- cheese, salad, entree (pick 3), chocolate). brandon was awesome and corinne was great! be sure to visit mickey at the bar for his special recipe bloody mary!Special Features:
- Food was good, service was better!JMarkmanVIPDined on 9/6/2014We've been to a couple melting pots and always enjoyed them; this is definitely the best one. The service was some of the best we've ever had, at any kind of restaurant, and the food was also better (our server indicated that they're a 'testing restaurant', so maybe some are to come elsewhere later?Special Features:
- Had a blastBoomboombroomDined on 9/5/2014We came here on a Friday evening with our 9 year old. They have an excellent kids menu and dispite the fact it's a very romantic place, it's very fitting for children. I am pretty certain the have a side dedicated to families considering every table had a child we dined around. The food was exactly what you'd expect. The old bay cheese was amazing, I got the steak lovers entree & that was delicious and we ended with turtle chocolate. Our waitres was on point with everything we requested. We will definetly return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sroterpDined on 9/5/2014We arrived as the restaurant was opening, so our waiter had a lot of time to chat with us, tell us about the restaurant, and make recommendations. Service was a bit slower once the place started to fill up by 7/8pm, but this isn't too much of an issue considering fondue is a relatively slow-paced meal. The food was fantastic, drinks were great as well. A bit on the pricey side, but would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience for our familyyuriDined on 8/29/2014We had such a great experience here. We weren't sure how it would be with our toddler since it's an upscale restaurant, but it was very kid friendly. The food was delicious and it was a fun experience to fondue your way thru dinner. The service was also impeccable. We felt like our dinner experience was a great value for what we received and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Expected moreFILDinerDined on 8/20/2014The food was good. The concept is great. The music was too casual & fast for a slow & intimate setting. Our server was nice but hard to find. It wasn't busy so that wasn't the reason. Overall it was average & for as much as we spent it should have been great.
- Great place for date night!!ILoveFoodDined on 8/19/2014Great food and dessert!! Excellent experience:) The appetizers and desserts are my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a Repeat CustomerMollie26Dined on 8/19/2014The Melting Pot is a great experience. The wait staff is always freindly, knowlegeable, and helpful. A great place for a romantic dinner and even better for celebrating a special occasion with a group. Great food and great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceYoNana5Dined on 8/18/2014We recently had dinner at The Melting Pot in Columbia, MD to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. It was the first time we've been to The Melting Pot; we wanted to go somewhere special for dinner. We were not disappointed. Our server, Sam, was great. He was very patient with us "first timers", and came to our table several times to check on us. The food was delicious and it was fun to cook it ourselves in the fondue pot. We'll definitely go back again, and will recommend The Melting Pot to friends and family.Special Features:
- TammieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014First time, I WILL be back for Anniversary and Birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCristiersDined on 8/6/2014Our waitress was personable. The food was great. I tried a lemon blueberry mojito and it was amazing. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I thought that this place had a very nice atmosphere. I liked the excitement of cooking my own food. I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. I was a bit nervous that it would not be enough food for him. However once he got through all four courses he was very satisfied. The only reason I did not give this place 5 stars is because the servers were a little too friendly. We were asked several times by different restaurant employees, if we were doing okay. At times we felt a little rushed when going from one course to the next.Special Features:
- Our experience was perfect!TheLeffDined on 7/27/2014We couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience. I ordered the balloon package for my husband's birthday and they had it all ready when we got there. He was surprised, which is exactly what I wanted. The hostess was great. The food was fantastic, as always. And our server Rich was phenomenal. We both work in restaurants so we can be a bit biased when judging our servers at times, but Rich was one of the best we have ever had ANYWHERE, for sure. He helped make the evening perfect. The manager (I want to say his name was Noah, if I'm wrong I apologize) also stopped by to make sure all was well (and of course it was), but it is so great that he checked. It added the extra sense of caring that you don't always find elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!TeachDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyed my first visit to The Melting Pot tremendously! The service was fantastic and beware the dessert-chocolate heaven!!! Definitely going back-perfect indulgence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent all aroundKat9876Dined on 7/20/2014Food was delicious, atmosphere was private and friendly, and service was attentive and not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette Foodie ParadiseKimmoDined on 7/19/2014We had a great time at our friend's bachelorette party dinner here at the Melting Pot! Sam and Steve were amazing and the food was delectible. This is a great place for a special occasion or dessert!Special Features:
- Interesting, onceSudzDined on 7/19/2014This was my fourth visit to a Melting Pot (my first to the Columbia location) and I think I'm about done. The food is good and the atmosphere is nice, but for a party of 5 the table we were at simply felt too crowded once all the dishes and things came out. The plug fell out of one of our burners and smacked me on the foot, and we had to use a flashlight app on one of our smartphones so the guy could plug it back in - not something I've ever dealt with while dining out before. Finally, for me 3.5 hours for a meal is simply way too long. I've enjoyed my meals at the Melting Pot to varying degrees, but I doubt I'd ever go back again.Special Features:
- Good experience, but priceypho11Dined on 7/18/2014The experience is where it was at. The bill was pretty pricey for 2 people, and the quality of the food has been beaten many times over by other great restaurants i've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightNightoutDined on 7/16/2014Was a great date night for my husband and I. The food was great. The service was wonderful. It makes for a nice romantic evening out with out the kids.Special Features:
- An enjoyable dinnerDawnieBDined on 7/13/2014We went to The Melting Pot to celebrate my daughter's 15th birthday. The entire experience was enjoyable. Our server, Brandon, was very friendly and helpful, especially helpful to members of our party that had never eaten there before. The food was delicious and Brandon brought my daughter a special birthday dessert plate. We really enjoyed our evening at The Melting Pot.Special Features:
- Enjoyable meal with familyluckylucyDined on 7/12/2014I had only been to The Melting Pot once before and had a good memory of it- maybe 10 years ago! I am of the fondue generation and wanted to go back, but somehow hadn't made it. My husband and I took my mom there. The food was very good, it was entertaining to cook our own, we were very full when we left, the service was excellent, it was nice to have a leisurely meal with time to talk. The room was near empty when we arrived and we thought it was the same when we left. The booths are very tall so there really aren't many people that we could see around us. We were surprised to find our room FULL because it was so quiet. How welcome to find in this age of over stimulating restaurants where everyone is yelling to be heard. Recommend!Special Features:
- Second and even better visit hereSlotsDined on 6/28/2014This was our second visit to this location and it was even better than the first fantastic experience here. Our Server Jeremy was AMAZING, and as always the food was incredibly amazing. I would say if you can have dinner there before 6PM,it is truly the best time to go, but there is never a bad time to visit this great restaurant.Special Features:
- Ruined birthday dinnerColdoilDined on 6/25/2014Poor service, uncontrolled hot oil, and a meal that we never finished make for a poor birthday celebration. If I want an amateur fondue experience, I'll stay home with my own pot! Which, by the way, I have no problem controlling the temperature of, unlike the staff of the melting pot. I also wouldn't serve raw meat off the same platter as another table's cheese course. I also could refill my own water glass, another task too daunting for waitstaff. Spoke to the owner 2 days later and he seemed concerned and offered a gift card to mollify this experience. The card has yet to materialize. It's ok, I'm not sure I would go back, even if its free. It's ok, plenty of GOOD restaurants in town
- Celebration dinnereatsoutalotDined on 6/24/2014We went to celebrate the end of the school year with the kids. The owner came over and chatted about the construction. A wonderful meal in a special restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Went for dinner on a Saturday night for a GNO with my 8-year-old. We had a reservation and were seated within a few minutes of our arrival. We had an awesome time - the meal itself is entertainment! The food was delicious and it was really fun to have a whole fondue meal. The server we had was excellent and attentive and quite charming . She even gave my daughter a special dessert and commented about how cute my daughter is. The manager visited our table 3 times to check in with us and make sure we had everything we needed. Both really paid attention when my daughter talked to them, which made me happy. We are looking forward to another meal there in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but no more salad...TrishDined on 6/18/2014So as usual we enjoyed ourselves. Sadly, they have gotten rid of the spinach and mushroom salad that I LOVED :-( But the manager went above and beyond and created it for me and found the dressing they don't carry any longer too. Such great service!Special Features:
- Not the best serviceCrepe4uDined on 6/17/2014In the past we've always had excellent service at the Columbia Melting Pot. This time, it was disappointing. Not sure if they were understaffed or what. Waiter spoke so fast we couldn't understand him. He was always in a hurry and we felt forgotten which is not acceptable service for such an expensive meal. Also, they need to pay attention to the temperature of the room. It gets very toasty with all those pots boiling away! Next time we will go somewhere else for a special occasion.Special Features:
- A nice place for all occasionsDiningMonkeyDined on 6/15/2014Food is awesome & ambiance is very nice. The restaurant can be kid friendly, but is best suited for a romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- atypical serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We usually love to dine at the Melting Pot. However, after this year's Father's Day experience, we have changed our minds. Yes, it's fondue, which takes time. And usually we're in and out within two hours. But it's a little unsettling when a table that was sat 30 minutes after you has started on their next course, and you still haven't seen your server in a while. Understandable since we had a new server (second day). But then where are the managers to help out. They claim short-staffed. But then isn't it up to them to help the business run smoothly? Their solution? Took off the 18% gratuity leaving the tip amount up to us. But the server shouldn't be docked! Yet they don't want the business to lose money. Overall, unhappy.
- Good as alwaysBethDined on 6/14/2014One of our favorites, and they do gluten free really well - better every time! Also love the customization options!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2014great food our server jenn was fantastic she was also training a new server also greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First experiencefsu4lifeDined on 6/3/2014This place was incredible. I'm from Florida, so I've to one there but this one was much better. What really gave it the overall edge was the service. Our server, Wade, was incredibly attentive to our needs as we came as a birthday dinner for my fiance. Wait, let me take a step back. The owner greeted us at the door and knew my name before I opened my mouth. After he checked us in, I watched him personally take a photo of another group that was there. I've never seen a store owner of this caliber of customer service. In addition, I ordered the Teddy Bear package that comes with a single balloon but as a special treat he brought 3 additional Happy Birthday style balloons to us. There's more but space is limited. This place was great.Special Features:
- Hot Date Spot But Not For Paupersboss61Dined on 6/3/2014We took our kids, and a friend each, to MP to celebrate a successful end of another school year. The kids (high school age) loved the fondue process. Our expectations were fulfilled but MP cannot and will not be a frequent destination. Pros - Energetic and helpful waitress; friendly manager; delicious dipping sauces and a relaxed pace. Amazing salads also were a real plus. Cons - Portions and value. One must suspend any and all pretense that an evening at this restaurant is a wise expenditure. Six of us eating the "four course meal", with tax and tip (20%) came to $300. It simply cost too much. If that is their business model, hats off.Special Features:
- The following 1475 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Columbia reviews archive.
- A fun timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014There's just something about cooking your food in the fondue pot that makes dinner with the family so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Psychicsam22Dined on 5/30/2014From the second I walked in, I felt comfortable and warm in The Melting Pot...the hostess accounted for tardiness by delaying me and my date's reservation time fifteen minutes. All of our needs were accommodated, too. The waiter had a very relatable, fun-loving personality, and the dessert spectacular. I loved the cozy atmosphere...definitely makes me want to come back again and again. The noise level was a bit loud, yet it was a busy time of night. I enjoyed my food vacation all the same!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotMD2hatDined on 5/30/2014The waiter, Peter, was incredibly friendly and his service was excellent. The good was outstanding as usual, will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.