The Melting Pot - Cincinnati
11023 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, OH 45249Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/cincinnati/welcome
- Phone: (513) 530-5501
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 5 pm - 10 pm
Friday: 5 pm - 11 pm
Saturday: 12 pm - 11 pm
Sunday: 12 pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We would love to cater your dessert at you next function. We have a chocolate fountain that fits into the most elegant of atmospheres. Chocolate fountain, chocolate & dippers, labor, and plate ware (optional) provided.
- Special Events: We enjoy working with groups of all types and sizes. From hosting a private holiday party, work function, to catering dessert at your next event. Give us a call and we will take care of everything.
A word from The Melting Pot - Cincinnati
The Melting Pot provides a unique & innovative experience with its assortment of fondue cooked at the table by guests. It's the perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party or friendly gathering. Guests enjoy a choice of 4 flavorful fondue cooking styles & a variety of entree selections combined with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salads, fine wines & mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Melting Pot - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)romantic (107)fit for foodies (48)good for groups (48)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (14)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great experience, better service.JNicDined on 11/8/2014Recently visited for my wife's 40th bday, the food was great but our server made sure we had a great experience. Listening in to other tables around ours and it seems to be the normal courtesy among the servers and staff. HIGHLY recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr. ChipChipDined on 11/7/2014I brought a friend for her first time there. She absolutely loved it. The whole experience was really good. Thanks to your staff for making it a memorable experience. She wants to know when we are going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meghanDined on 11/6/2014my only suggestion would to have more foods to dip into the cheeses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night EventKJonesyDined on 11/6/2014We went for Ladies Night and I was surprised that it only included cheese fondue, salad and dessert. No meat options were available with this "special." Also there was only 1 type of wine offered for $5/glass which was a bit disappointing. I feel there should have been more information posted about the offerings for this special event. Our server Danny was absolutely fantastic! Very knowledgeable about the menu and good at suggesting pairings.Special Features:
- DecedantkarmadreamDined on 11/3/2014Rich would be an excellent word for not only the food but the experience. The service was fantastic, the food just kept coming so please be hungry! A small group of four or less seems appropriate for the table sharing, even better for a lingering romantic date for two. It's on the expensive side, but not an every day event so worth the cost every now & then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent time- *As ExpectedElegantCarnivoreDined on 10/30/2014I've been to the Melting Pot several times in both Cincinnati & Cleveland, & I have found every single time, regardless of the location- the food is consistently top shelf, the service is impeccable, the attention of the wait staff achieves the perfect balance, never "too attentive", but ALWAYS right there if we had a need. When you want your meal to be THE event with the ones you are dining with (not just a stop along the way . . .) The Melting Pot is a place you can count on to deliver an enjoyable, interactive and memorable dining experience. The hardest thing a great restaurant has to conquer is mastering consistency- and without question- The Melting Pot has done it. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay. The waiter was kind.KannKannDined on 10/30/2014Me and my friends went because we have never been there before. We always hear about it and see ads on Facebook so we decided to scope it out. I have to admit, I wasn't impressed. If I had paid regular price (we went during the double date $20/pp deal) I would've been disappointed. We were there for 2.5 hours. I appreciated the waiter taking his time and not rushing, but 2.5 hours? I wasn't a fan of my entree. The steak was very good, but using the same pot with everyone made everything taste the exact same. I don't like Cajun and everything I ate had Cajun seasoning on it bc of the broth we used to cook it. (We all had to share 1 pot.) Over all, it was ok. Dessert was amazing and the cheese was great. I would only go once more.Special Features:
- CincifoodieDined on 10/29/2014The server, Brittany, made our dinner experience very enjoyable. We love the pace of the found eating experience to be very romantic. We never felt rushed to complete one segment of the meal so that we could leave. We will plan to attend the Melting Pot in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty beefGoFondueDined on 10/26/2014Enjoyed everything but there was some confusion about cost at the end of the meal. Even though our waiter seemed to be clear about explaining things and costs, something got lost in translation. it was a fun and tasty meal and we will return.Special Features:
- WonderfulmeltingdinerDined on 10/25/2014This has always been one of my favorite places. The menu is always new and fresh while keeping the old favorites as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfoodDined on 10/24/2014Our experience was wonderful as always. We did the Fall Big Night Out, and it was amazing. The Angry Orchard Vinaigrette on the salad was probably the best part of the night. Our server, John, was informative and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Anniversary Night Ever!leia105Dined on 10/24/2014This was my husband and I's first time at The Melting Pot and we absolutely luved it! The staff went out of their way to make our day special and to provide above and beyond service. Everything was customized the way that we wanted it. Our food was insanely delicious with my husband declaring it was the best steak he had ever had. The cheese fondue, entree, and chocolate were all to die for. Our server was also gracious in explaining the menu to us (Being first timers). I loved the different sauces offered with the entrees. This was my husband and I's second wedding anniversary and we didn't get to celebrate our first due to him losing our job, so we went all out for this -- and it was well worth it!Special Features:
- Tried the Big Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Tried the Fall 'Big Night Out'. It was wonderful. The lobster cheese was the best yet! I mainly save this for a dinner with just my husband but we've taken our 2 kids for a special occasion also.Special Features:
- good placeluv2dineDined on 10/18/2014For us it's more of a special occasion place. It is a little pricey but worth a try. I like going when they have specials and you can get a variety of different things. We left completely full and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy Going FunFoodieMonster0718VIPDined on 10/18/2014The Melting Pot is a nice relaxing restaurant where you do the work. All of the entrees are good and the sauces that come with the meals are excellent. Great place to visit for couples and friends.Special Features:
- A little diffrentdani2176Dined on 10/18/2014Let me start this off with saying that this was our first time ever at a Melting Pot. My boyfriend and I were there on a Saturday. When we sat down we were greeted right away, the waitress was very friendly. We started off with the melted cheese, which was amazing! Then they brought out water with some spices in it, and raw meat. We were told that when the water started to boil that we should place the meat in there. After sitting there for about 10- 15 minutes the water never started to boil, and when our waitress came back she said that they had forgotten to turn on the stove top, so that’s why it was not boiling. Overall it was a nice place to be, but it took us three hours from the time we sat down at our table to the time we leftSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and serviceFondueFunDined on 10/18/2014Our server, Caroline, made the experience even better for our family. She walked us through everything from food, to safety (i.e. hot container, cooked v uncooked foods & utensils, etc.....). She had answers for our questions and then served each course promptly and efficiently.Special Features:
- Know your businessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The Melting Pot knows what business they are in. They are very prompt about keeping the evening moving and are very attentive to your needs.Special Features:
- Costs Too MuchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We went there with our couple/friends. The cost ($80), is much too much to pay for what little food is served. My husband said as soon as we walked out "I'm hungry, and I spent $80. We could've went to Outback and paid that much and I'd be full". Though the restaurant is charming and all, the price is ridiculous. If you want to make it worth our while, you should add a bottle of wine to your Specialty Menu Prices. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great food, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The service at Melting Pot was near perfect. Our waitress told us everything we needed to know about our dining experience and had insightful responses when we asked for recommendations. The food tasted great and the selection was more than enough. The only complaint I have is that one of the other waiters was not doing a great job of using his inside voice while speaking to his tables. When he came in, the noise level jumped three-fold. Outside of this moderate annoyance, the experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melt Your Partner's HeartluvgoodfoodDined on 10/17/2014The Melting Pot was a tremendous experience. While we got there at 10:30 and the kitchen closes at 11, we were never rushed, the courses were timed perfectly, our server Brittany was knowledgeable and friendly without being obtrusive and the food was delicious. You made Sweetest Day special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat experiencemomof3Dined on 10/16/2014This was our only experience at the Melting Pot, and I enjoyed it, but would definitely reserve it for special occasions. I have never spent so much money on dinner for two, and we didn't have any alcoholic beverages! Our server was FABULOUS!!!! She didn't make us feel stupid when we were confused by the menu. She was very patient and helpful and kind. Her name is Jill.Special Features:
- FondueparkerparkerDined on 10/11/2014So I remember seeing TV shows (That Seventies Show, amongst others) making fun of the fondue trend that occurred during the time period. But it was really very good. It is a interesting mix of service and self service...as you essentially cook your own food in the fondue pot. But the food was good, the dessert was excellent (chocolate fondue...amazing). Not exactly a standard night out place...but great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My husband & I went to the melting pot for our 7 year anniversary. Was a little shocked at the price, but we still had an awesome time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLuv2findgreatfoodDined on 10/11/2014Fantastic service and great food. Our waiter, John, was fantastic and really went the extra mile.Special Features:
- So good, but too loudUnpickyFoodieDined on 10/9/2014Food was amazing! Only problem we had was that we were put into a room with a bunch of groups that were loud and obnoxious. We couldn't really hear what our server was explaining to us as it had been all of our first times at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatDin4twoDined on 10/8/2014Was great. Once dinner rush started it was a little noisy. But still great food and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014The Melting Pot is on my top favorite places of places to eat. We tend to save it for special occasions mostly because of the distance we live in Indiana. But it is always a awesome experience for us whenever we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too QuicklmbcriticDined on 10/4/2014I had a relatively pleasant experience at the Melting Pot (Cincinnati.) Our server was very friendly and outgoing, asking him questions were never an issue, and he was well-attentive of our needs. One huge thing that I am dissatisfied with is how rushed I felt. He kept returning way too frequently to offer getting rid of food that wasn't even finished and replacing with new food. I felt like I wasted a lot of food and the bill amount was frightening. I was also supposed to get an additional salad which I never got. Atmosphere was no issue, but the rushing thing makes me not want to return here again.Special Features:
- DisappointedJenniferDined on 10/3/2014I was disappointed in my dining experience. I thought the selection was limited and you didn't get much food. The dessert was the best part, may go back for just dessert. Our server was very monotone. He didn't explain what sauces were, I had to ask.Special Features:
- Perfect Each Time, Every Time!iheartbucaDined on 10/3/2014Great atmosphere and energy. Fantastic food!! The Melting Pot delivers a tremendous experience each and every time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressively accommodatingLuvAGreatRestaurantDined on 10/1/2014Aside from the food being delicious, I was very impressed that the restaurant allowed the four of us to have a table with 2 burners so that we could try 2 different fondues for each course instead of all having to agree on one, even though we were taking advantage of one of their best special offers of the year (4 courses for 2 for just under $50).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningChrisDelVecchioDined on 9/29/2014My wife and I went on a double date to The Melting Pot. It was an amazing evening. The communal atmosphere is perfect for a small group or a romantic date. The 4-course option is great to share with two people. We told our waitress that we had just gotten married and she surprised our table with a complimentary champagne toast. It does take a while to get through the meal, but that it is part of the ambiance. Plan for a couple hours.Special Features:
- AnnAMarieDined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner and excellent service. The concept of the fondue was unique and made dinner out a little different than the norm. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- great date nightanimalb4uDined on 9/27/2014The melting pot has always been a favorite location for our date night .the food is top notch and the staff has always been a treat professional and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually bad experiencebltsports25Dined on 9/27/2014This would be our 7th year of regularly going to this Melting Pot location on 6 month intervals, where we've had a bad waiter before, but all hyperbole aside, this was the perfect storm of horrid. Our waiter was nice and friendly, but his table assignments must have been spread out because we saw him rather infrequently and even garnered a fellow server starting to attend to us. The waiter started off strong by coming to us soon after we had been seated and greeting us and engaging us, though cheese/salad didn't come until much later. The main course broth boiled for 15 minutes unattended and manager took no heed to address the issue (by the end of course there was barely enough left to cook in). Generally frustrating experience.Special Features:
- Great food! Great experience!dot80Dined on 9/25/2014The Melting Pot was a little on the expensive side, but you definitely pay for what you get! It was definitely a dining experience not just a meal. The service was friendly and the food was amazing! Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We were a party of 4, buying balloons, expensive bottle of wine. Ordered our food, which some was wrong, then we received enough vegetables for only 2. I never went to a restaurant where I felt SO hungry upon leaving. We were pretty much ignored the entire evening. I will NOT return......
- Outstanding.AstraDined on 9/23/2014Having worked in the restaurant/service industry for seven years, I appreciate going out to eat at a place that really shines. From the food itself to the friendly and professional staff, The Melting Pot quickly became a place I can't wait to tell my friends about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion destinationBNLGDined on 9/22/2014My husband and I come here for every wedding anniversary and valentines day. It's a tradition that will carry on for as long as you stay there!!! Thank you for making our special dates amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.