The Melting Pot - Cincinnati
11023 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, OH 45249Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/cincinnati/welcome
- Phone: 5135305501x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 5 pm - 10 pm
Friday: 5 pm - 11 pm
Saturday: 12 pm - 11 pm
Sunday: 12 pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We would love to cater your dessert at you next function. We have a chocolate fountain that fits into the most elegant of atmospheres. Chocolate fountain, chocolate & dippers, labor, and plate ware (optional) provided.
- Special Events: We enjoy working with groups of all types and sizes. From hosting a private holiday party, work function, to catering dessert at your next event. Give us a call and we will take care of everything.
A word from The Melting Pot - Cincinnati
The Melting Pot provides a unique & innovative experience with its assortment of fondue cooked at the table by guests. It's the perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party or friendly gathering. Guests enjoy a choice of 4 flavorful fondue cooking styles & a variety of entree selections combined with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salads, fine wines & mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Melting Pot - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)romantic (107)good for groups (54)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (9)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fantastic EveningChrisDelVecchioDined on 9/29/2014My wife and I went on a double date to The Melting Pot. It was an amazing evening. The communal atmosphere is perfect for a small group or a romantic date. The 4-course option is great to share with two people. We told our waitress that we had just gotten married and she surprised our table with a complimentary champagne toast. It does take a while to get through the meal, but that it is part of the ambiance. Plan for a couple hours.Special Features:
- AnnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner and excellent service. The concept of the fondue was unique and made dinner out a little different than the norm. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- great date nightanimalb4uDined on 9/27/2014The melting pot has always been a favorite location for our date night .the food is top notch and the staff has always been a treat professional and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually bad experiencebltsports25Dined on 9/27/2014This would be our 7th year of regularly going to this Melting Pot location on 6 month intervals, where we've had a bad waiter before, but all hyperbole aside, this was the perfect storm of horrid. Our waiter was nice and friendly, but his table assignments must have been spread out because we saw him rather infrequently and even garnered a fellow server starting to attend to us. The waiter started off strong by coming to us soon after we had been seated and greeting us and engaging us, though cheese/salad didn't come until much later. The main course broth boiled for 15 minutes unattended and manager took no heed to address the issue (by the end of course there was barely enough left to cook in). Generally frustrating experience.Special Features:
- Great food! Great experience!dot80Dined on 9/25/2014The Melting Pot was a little on the expensive side, but you definitely pay for what you get! It was definitely a dining experience not just a meal. The service was friendly and the food was amazing! Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We were a party of 4, buying balloons, expensive bottle of wine. Ordered our food, which some was wrong, then we received enough vegetables for only 2. I never went to a restaurant where I felt SO hungry upon leaving. We were pretty much ignored the entire evening. I will NOT return......
- Outstanding.AstraDined on 9/23/2014Having worked in the restaurant/service industry for seven years, I appreciate going out to eat at a place that really shines. From the food itself to the friendly and professional staff, The Melting Pot quickly became a place I can't wait to tell my friends about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion destinationBNLGDined on 9/22/2014My husband and I come here for every wedding anniversary and valentines day. It's a tradition that will carry on for as long as you stay there!!! Thank you for making our special dates amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeFirsttimersDined on 9/21/2014The experience was one we will never forget. Our waitor was so helpful and explain everything to us and even gave recommendations. The dessert was unforgettable. If you have the chance to go, go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014Our server was Matt, and he was excellent. We've patronized this restaurant more than a decade, this was our best visit yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Family FavoriteSouthernStylingVIPDined on 9/13/2014We love to go to The Melting Pot to celebrate special events. The food is always delicious and it is an experience that takes several hours if you do all of the possible courses. The only reason I didn't give all stars is because we got put in a side "hallway" type of room that had three or four tables. I had never even noticed it before in all of the times we have been. The ambiance wasn't as nice and it was extremely loud due to the people at a table beside ours. We still loved the food and our server did a wonderful job. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our birthday placeSpecialK56VIPDined on 9/12/2014When you pick a place as the place to celebrate your family's birthday dinners it had better be good and consistent. Melting Pot is both. The only issue we have ever had was service. This past Friday Brittany was our server and she erased the past server issues. She was awesome and made our gluten allergy member feel at ease as well as the birthday girl. It's not cheap but for our family this is a great experience as we cook over communal pots. If you have 4 or more people make certain you get a two burner tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot = Specialty CrowdOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The Melting Pot is designed for a specialty crowd that enjoys boiling their food. If they had timers available to time the cooking of the entrees and veggies it would have been better. You can not time cooking your food and have a conversation. Also, the food was bland tasting.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The service was great. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and made great recommendations. I was a little upset the host didn't notice I booked our reservation with the picture until after we paid. She was very nice and apologized, I just didn't get the picture because I didn't want to have to repay our bill. I don't see the point in having special options for reservations if they are over looked. Overall, it was a great night.
- Melting Pot - CinciXandraBeDined on 9/7/2014Great food and a great experience. Be prepared to eat a lot, so come hungry. Generally a 4 course meal place. Unless you make boat loads of cash, it's more a special occasion kind of restaurant, even when they have specials going on. 2 dined on a dinner special for 60 bucks, no alcohol. Service was excellent, and everyone was knowledgeable. Fun restaurant for a do-it-yourself kind of place. Since there are many courses, be prepared to spend a few hours. Would definitely come back for the dessert round!Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Every course of their 4 course meal had amazing food! The atmosphere was very intimate. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014I felt the food was good and fun to eat but a little to expensive. For two of us with drinks and bottle of wine was $200 Service was excellent We will be backSpecial Features:
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Our waiter, Matt was awesome. We would take more advantage with more specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnermommy3Dined on 9/1/2014My husband and I were there for our 13th anniversary and were a little disappointed. We were sat in a table right next to the front desk, and it wasn't the most quiet of evenings. Also, there were many kids in the restaurant who weren't all that quiet. I would suggest sitting families in the area towards the front of the restaurant and couples or adult groups in the back section or other room. We have 3 kids of our own, and came for a quiet relaxing night without them for once, but didn't really get it. The food was great, but wouldn't recommend it for a quiet/romantic night out. I have my own fondue pot at home that we can use, but we came there for the alone time. I just felt that for the money we spent, we didn't get what we hoped for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGoodEatsDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I have been here many times. Love the experience. Food is so good. The chocolate turtle fondue for dessert is absolutely wonderful. We were not seated in the best spot this time, however. It was kind of a long hallway. Very narrow, plain, and stuffy. Service was good, if not a little rushed (clearing table while I'm still eating). Overall great food, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding! 10 out of 10!zestyzakDined on 8/30/2014The ONLY improvement I could think of would be a bigger building! It is officially my girlfriend and I's new favorite restaurant! We will most definitely be coming back soon! Thank you for a wonderful experience. -ZakSpecial Features:
- Great for Anniversary!aandmegansaysDined on 8/23/2014This is our fourth time eating at the Melting Pot, the third at this particular location. We always come here for our anniversary! It is always great food and service and well worth the price tag! They even gave us a cute little card congratulating us on our anniversary, which was very thoughtful! I suggest doing the four course dining experience, it is worth the money and it is so yummy!!Special Features:
- Worth the Time and MoneyPav2Dined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed our dinner celebrating our son's birthday. Good food, excellent service and reasonable prices for the quality. Very kid friendly.Special Features:
- Great experience. As always.emorgnDined on 8/22/2014We come here at least once a year, usually for our anniversary. We always have a great time and enjoy the oh so yummy food!Special Features:
- A must tryFoodyCintiVIPDined on 8/20/2014The Melting Pot is one of my favorite restaurants. We dine at this restaurant every other month. Typically the food AND service are outstanding. However, the latest experience was probably the worst one I've had in the 16 years of dining at the Melting Pot. The waitress was obviously new and didn't yet know the in's and out's of the job. I would have understood more if we were given good service. I rarely saw her throughout the meal and she never came back to ask if we wanted refills (which we did). The food was great as always, but the dining experience is definitely diminished when the service is lackingSpecial Features:
- noisyLoudDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and were hoping to have a romantic evening. A table of two couples was seated directly next to us. The two couples were extremely loud, (sounded) intoxicated, and rude. We will not be going back for any special occasions/romantic dinners. The restaurant should seat people who are expecting a romantic evening away from people who are there just for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience but very expensivelooksbothwaysDined on 8/15/2014I took my daughter to The Melting Pot for her 18th birthday. The service was excellent, and everything was explained well. The food was filling and delicious. Individual portions look small but we were full over several courses. It is *very* expensive, though. We paid just shy of $100 for two people, not including tip. We drank no alcohol (1 soda each, & coffee with dessert), either. This was just drinks, cheese, entrees, and dessert. Pricing can be a little confusing to figure out because of "per person" and "per table", but nothing is hidden. Meals can be done a bit cheaper, I'm sure. It's a nice special occasion place, but I would not consider it worth what we paid. It was also very dark, which made it tough to tell when food was done.Special Features:
- Good food, not a great valuemk859Dined on 8/13/2014The entree and desert are the best part. The main course meats were great quality but too much effort to cook it yourself, especially for over $55 per person (with tax and tips, without alcohol). Unless you like boiled meat, stick to the oil pot. In France fondue is a very casual thing, in this restaurant they tried to turn it into a fancy affair, with mixed results. Did not have a bad experience but will not go back because the price is too high.Special Features:
- Above and BeyondjnTracksDined on 8/10/2014We went to the Melting Pot for our anniversary and they really put extra effort into making it a a nice night for us. At this place you can really take your time with the full 4 course fondue meal. The service is outstanding and they do a great job of helping when you need help, and staying out of the way when you don't. They also brought us a card and champagne toast! The food is wonderful too; it's a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- MightmeDined on 8/9/2014Ryan was our server and he did an excellent job. My table was set up per my request to have rose petals and roses waiting when we arrived. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionswinendineDined on 8/9/2014We visit The Melting Pot for our birthdays. We don't go more often because we always eat too much. :). The quality is always consistent. You get an experience here. Also, they have a corking license!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Fun, good food, great service and overall would go again.Special Features:
- Raw duckAnonymousDined on 8/8/2014My girlfriend and I went here for our anniversary and it was both of our first times dining at this restaurant. We had heard good things about it so thought it would be perfect for the occasion. We were pretty disappointed. The service was fantastic but the price was extremely high considering the fact you cook your own entree at the table. We ended up eating raw duck because we were new to the experience. I would recommend coming to this restaurant for only the cheese fondue or the chocolate fondue. The entrees are not worth the high price. We were willing to spend more that night for a nice dinner, but we would have gone elsewhere knowing what we know now.Special Features:
- disappointmentNexusDined on 8/2/2014The food was good and service great but we were seated by a very loud, intoxicated party which really ruined it for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woner Place for a Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Melting Pot is a great place for a romantic or special dining experience. Service is excellent and the knowledgable staff can steer you in the right direction in the menu becomes overwhelming. John S. is the best server that I have had in a long time and gave us a number of great combinations to try to enhance our experience!!!Special Features:
- PerfectBravoSierraDined on 8/2/2014This was our second visit (our first visit was almost 4 years ago). We decided to go here for our 5 year anniversary and were extremely pleased with the service and the food.Special Features:
- Delicious.foodieDined on 8/1/2014Our first visit at the melting pot for our 6th wedding anniversary. The food was excellent and was a lot of fun to cook. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May VarnsMB2014Dined on 8/1/2014My first time at the melting pot was a great one. Service was good really didn't have to wait long on anything and everyone was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationmeltingpotguruDined on 7/31/2014We have been going to the Melting Pot for years! For this year's anniversary celebration, we took advantage of the Endless Fondue special and we were not disappointed. It is such a fun interactive experience and the food is so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration----food and service was very good---our waiter was attentive---& helped suggest alternate choices for dietary restrictions. It was great to be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.