The Melting Pot - Cincinnati
11023 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, OH 45249Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/cincinnati/welcome
- Phone: 5135305501x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 5 pm - 10 pm
Friday: 5 pm - 11 pm
Saturday: 12 pm - 11 pm
Sunday: 12 pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We would love to cater your dessert at you next function. We have a chocolate fountain that fits into the most elegant of atmospheres. Chocolate fountain, chocolate & dippers, labor, and plate ware (optional) provided.
- Special Events: We enjoy working with groups of all types and sizes. From hosting a private holiday party, work function, to catering dessert at your next event. Give us a call and we will take care of everything.
A word from The Melting Pot - Cincinnati
The Melting Pot provides a unique & innovative experience with its assortment of fondue cooked at the table by guests. It's the perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party or friendly gathering. Guests enjoy a choice of 4 flavorful fondue cooking styles & a variety of entree selections combined with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salads, fine wines & mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Melting Pot - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)romantic (114)good for groups (54)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (36)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (8)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Tried the Big Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Tried the Fall 'Big Night Out'. It was wonderful. The lobster cheese was the best yet! I mainly save this for a dinner with just my husband but we've taken our 2 kids for a special occasion also.Special Features:
- good placeluv2dineDined on 10/18/2014For us it's more of a special occasion place. It is a little pricey but worth a try. I like going when they have specials and you can get a variety of different things. We left completely full and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy Going FunFoodieMonster0718VIPDined on 10/18/2014The Melting Pot is a nice relaxing restaurant where you do the work. All of the entrees are good and the sauces that come with the meals are excellent. Great place to visit for couples and friends.Special Features:
- A little diffrentdani2176Dined on 10/18/2014Let me start this off with saying that this was our first time ever at a Melting Pot. My boyfriend and I were there on a Saturday. When we sat down we were greeted right away, the waitress was very friendly. We started off with the melted cheese, which was amazing! Then they brought out water with some spices in it, and raw meat. We were told that when the water started to boil that we should place the meat in there. After sitting there for about 10- 15 minutes the water never started to boil, and when our waitress came back she said that they had forgotten to turn on the stove top, so that’s why it was not boiling. Overall it was a nice place to be, but it took us three hours from the time we sat down at our table to the time we leftSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and serviceFondueFunDined on 10/18/2014Our server, Caroline, made the experience even better for our family. She walked us through everything from food, to safety (i.e. hot container, cooked v uncooked foods & utensils, etc.....). She had answers for our questions and then served each course promptly and efficiently.Special Features:
- Know your businessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The Melting Pot knows what business they are in. They are very prompt about keeping the evening moving and are very attentive to your needs.Special Features:
- Costs Too MuchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We went there with our couple/friends. The cost ($80), is much too much to pay for what little food is served. My husband said as soon as we walked out "I'm hungry, and I spent $80. We could've went to Outback and paid that much and I'd be full". Though the restaurant is charming and all, the price is ridiculous. If you want to make it worth our while, you should add a bottle of wine to your Specialty Menu Prices. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great food, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The service at Melting Pot was near perfect. Our waitress told us everything we needed to know about our dining experience and had insightful responses when we asked for recommendations. The food tasted great and the selection was more than enough. The only complaint I have is that one of the other waiters was not doing a great job of using his inside voice while speaking to his tables. When he came in, the noise level jumped three-fold. Outside of this moderate annoyance, the experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melt Your Partner's HeartluvgoodfoodDined on 10/17/2014The Melting Pot was a tremendous experience. While we got there at 10:30 and the kitchen closes at 11, we were never rushed, the courses were timed perfectly, our server Brittany was knowledgeable and friendly without being obtrusive and the food was delicious. You made Sweetest Day special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat experiencemomof3Dined on 10/16/2014This was our only experience at the Melting Pot, and I enjoyed it, but would definitely reserve it for special occasions. I have never spent so much money on dinner for two, and we didn't have any alcoholic beverages! Our server was FABULOUS!!!! She didn't make us feel stupid when we were confused by the menu. She was very patient and helpful and kind. Her name is Jill.Special Features:
- FondueparkerparkerDined on 10/11/2014So I remember seeing TV shows (That Seventies Show, amongst others) making fun of the fondue trend that occurred during the time period. But it was really very good. It is a interesting mix of service and self service...as you essentially cook your own food in the fondue pot. But the food was good, the dessert was excellent (chocolate fondue...amazing). Not exactly a standard night out place...but great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My husband & I went to the melting pot for our 7 year anniversary. Was a little shocked at the price, but we still had an awesome time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLuv2findgreatfoodDined on 10/11/2014Fantastic service and great food. Our waiter, John, was fantastic and really went the extra mile.Special Features:
- So good, but too loudUnpickyFoodieDined on 10/9/2014Food was amazing! Only problem we had was that we were put into a room with a bunch of groups that were loud and obnoxious. We couldn't really hear what our server was explaining to us as it had been all of our first times at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatDin4twoDined on 10/8/2014Was great. Once dinner rush started it was a little noisy. But still great food and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014The Melting Pot is on my top favorite places of places to eat. We tend to save it for special occasions mostly because of the distance we live in Indiana. But it is always a awesome experience for us whenever we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too QuicklmbcriticDined on 10/4/2014I had a relatively pleasant experience at the Melting Pot (Cincinnati.) Our server was very friendly and outgoing, asking him questions were never an issue, and he was well-attentive of our needs. One huge thing that I am dissatisfied with is how rushed I felt. He kept returning way too frequently to offer getting rid of food that wasn't even finished and replacing with new food. I felt like I wasted a lot of food and the bill amount was frightening. I was also supposed to get an additional salad which I never got. Atmosphere was no issue, but the rushing thing makes me not want to return here again.Special Features:
- DisappointedJenniferDined on 10/3/2014I was disappointed in my dining experience. I thought the selection was limited and you didn't get much food. The dessert was the best part, may go back for just dessert. Our server was very monotone. He didn't explain what sauces were, I had to ask.Special Features:
- Perfect Each Time, Every Time!iheartbucaDined on 10/3/2014Great atmosphere and energy. Fantastic food!! The Melting Pot delivers a tremendous experience each and every time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressively accommodatingLuvAGreatRestaurantDined on 10/1/2014Aside from the food being delicious, I was very impressed that the restaurant allowed the four of us to have a table with 2 burners so that we could try 2 different fondues for each course instead of all having to agree on one, even though we were taking advantage of one of their best special offers of the year (4 courses for 2 for just under $50).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningChrisDelVecchioDined on 9/29/2014My wife and I went on a double date to The Melting Pot. It was an amazing evening. The communal atmosphere is perfect for a small group or a romantic date. The 4-course option is great to share with two people. We told our waitress that we had just gotten married and she surprised our table with a complimentary champagne toast. It does take a while to get through the meal, but that it is part of the ambiance. Plan for a couple hours.Special Features:
- AnnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner and excellent service. The concept of the fondue was unique and made dinner out a little different than the norm. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- great date nightanimalb4uDined on 9/27/2014The melting pot has always been a favorite location for our date night .the food is top notch and the staff has always been a treat professional and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually bad experiencebltsports25Dined on 9/27/2014This would be our 7th year of regularly going to this Melting Pot location on 6 month intervals, where we've had a bad waiter before, but all hyperbole aside, this was the perfect storm of horrid. Our waiter was nice and friendly, but his table assignments must have been spread out because we saw him rather infrequently and even garnered a fellow server starting to attend to us. The waiter started off strong by coming to us soon after we had been seated and greeting us and engaging us, though cheese/salad didn't come until much later. The main course broth boiled for 15 minutes unattended and manager took no heed to address the issue (by the end of course there was barely enough left to cook in). Generally frustrating experience.Special Features:
- Great food! Great experience!dot80Dined on 9/25/2014The Melting Pot was a little on the expensive side, but you definitely pay for what you get! It was definitely a dining experience not just a meal. The service was friendly and the food was amazing! Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We were a party of 4, buying balloons, expensive bottle of wine. Ordered our food, which some was wrong, then we received enough vegetables for only 2. I never went to a restaurant where I felt SO hungry upon leaving. We were pretty much ignored the entire evening. I will NOT return......
- Outstanding.AstraDined on 9/23/2014Having worked in the restaurant/service industry for seven years, I appreciate going out to eat at a place that really shines. From the food itself to the friendly and professional staff, The Melting Pot quickly became a place I can't wait to tell my friends about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion destinationBNLGDined on 9/22/2014My husband and I come here for every wedding anniversary and valentines day. It's a tradition that will carry on for as long as you stay there!!! Thank you for making our special dates amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeFirsttimersDined on 9/21/2014The experience was one we will never forget. Our waitor was so helpful and explain everything to us and even gave recommendations. The dessert was unforgettable. If you have the chance to go, go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014Our server was Matt, and he was excellent. We've patronized this restaurant more than a decade, this was our best visit yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Family FavoriteSouthernStylingVIPDined on 9/13/2014We love to go to The Melting Pot to celebrate special events. The food is always delicious and it is an experience that takes several hours if you do all of the possible courses. The only reason I didn't give all stars is because we got put in a side "hallway" type of room that had three or four tables. I had never even noticed it before in all of the times we have been. The ambiance wasn't as nice and it was extremely loud due to the people at a table beside ours. We still loved the food and our server did a wonderful job. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our birthday placeSpecialK56VIPDined on 9/12/2014When you pick a place as the place to celebrate your family's birthday dinners it had better be good and consistent. Melting Pot is both. The only issue we have ever had was service. This past Friday Brittany was our server and she erased the past server issues. She was awesome and made our gluten allergy member feel at ease as well as the birthday girl. It's not cheap but for our family this is a great experience as we cook over communal pots. If you have 4 or more people make certain you get a two burner tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot = Specialty CrowdOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The Melting Pot is designed for a specialty crowd that enjoys boiling their food. If they had timers available to time the cooking of the entrees and veggies it would have been better. You can not time cooking your food and have a conversation. Also, the food was bland tasting.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The service was great. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and made great recommendations. I was a little upset the host didn't notice I booked our reservation with the picture until after we paid. She was very nice and apologized, I just didn't get the picture because I didn't want to have to repay our bill. I don't see the point in having special options for reservations if they are over looked. Overall, it was a great night.
- Melting Pot - CinciXandraBeDined on 9/7/2014Great food and a great experience. Be prepared to eat a lot, so come hungry. Generally a 4 course meal place. Unless you make boat loads of cash, it's more a special occasion kind of restaurant, even when they have specials going on. 2 dined on a dinner special for 60 bucks, no alcohol. Service was excellent, and everyone was knowledgeable. Fun restaurant for a do-it-yourself kind of place. Since there are many courses, be prepared to spend a few hours. Would definitely come back for the dessert round!Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Every course of their 4 course meal had amazing food! The atmosphere was very intimate. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014I felt the food was good and fun to eat but a little to expensive. For two of us with drinks and bottle of wine was $200 Service was excellent We will be backSpecial Features:
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Our waiter, Matt was awesome. We would take more advantage with more specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnermommy3Dined on 9/1/2014My husband and I were there for our 13th anniversary and were a little disappointed. We were sat in a table right next to the front desk, and it wasn't the most quiet of evenings. Also, there were many kids in the restaurant who weren't all that quiet. I would suggest sitting families in the area towards the front of the restaurant and couples or adult groups in the back section or other room. We have 3 kids of our own, and came for a quiet relaxing night without them for once, but didn't really get it. The food was great, but wouldn't recommend it for a quiet/romantic night out. I have my own fondue pot at home that we can use, but we came there for the alone time. I just felt that for the money we spent, we didn't get what we hoped for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGoodEatsDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I have been here many times. Love the experience. Food is so good. The chocolate turtle fondue for dessert is absolutely wonderful. We were not seated in the best spot this time, however. It was kind of a long hallway. Very narrow, plain, and stuffy. Service was good, if not a little rushed (clearing table while I'm still eating). Overall great food, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.