The Melting Pot - Cincinnati
11023 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, OH 45249Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/cincinnati/welcome
- Phone: 5135305501x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 5 pm - 10 pm
Friday: 5 pm - 11 pm
Saturday: 12 pm - 11 pm
Sunday: 12 pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We would love to cater your dessert at you next function. We have a chocolate fountain that fits into the most elegant of atmospheres. Chocolate fountain, chocolate & dippers, labor, and plate ware (optional) provided.
- Special Events: We enjoy working with groups of all types and sizes. From hosting a private holiday party, work function, to catering dessert at your next event. Give us a call and we will take care of everything.
A word from The Melting Pot - Cincinnati
The Melting Pot provides a unique & innovative experience with its assortment of fondue cooked at the table by guests. It's the perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party or friendly gathering. Guests enjoy a choice of 4 flavorful fondue cooking styles & a variety of entree selections combined with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salads, fine wines & mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Melting Pot - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)romantic (113)good for groups (54)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (20)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (13)hot spot (9)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I have been here many times. Love the experience. Food is so good. The chocolate turtle fondue for dessert is absolutely wonderful. We were not seated in the best spot this time, however. It was kind of a long hallway. Very narrow, plain, and stuffy. Service was good, if not a little rushed (clearing table while I'm still eating). Overall great food, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding! 10 out of 10!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The ONLY improvement I could think of would be a bigger building! It is officially my girlfriend and I's new favorite restaurant! We will most definitely be coming back soon! Thank you for a wonderful experience. -ZakSpecial Features:
- Great for Anniversary!aandmegansaysDined on 8/23/2014This is our fourth time eating at the Melting Pot, the third at this particular location. We always come here for our anniversary! It is always great food and service and well worth the price tag! They even gave us a cute little card congratulating us on our anniversary, which was very thoughtful! I suggest doing the four course dining experience, it is worth the money and it is so yummy!!Special Features:
- Worth the Time and MoneyPav2Dined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed our dinner celebrating our son's birthday. Good food, excellent service and reasonable prices for the quality. Very kid friendly.Special Features:
- Great experience. As always.emorgnDined on 8/22/2014We come here at least once a year, usually for our anniversary. We always have a great time and enjoy the oh so yummy food!Special Features:
- A must tryFoodyCintiVIPDined on 8/20/2014The Melting Pot is one of my favorite restaurants. We dine at this restaurant every other month. Typically the food AND service are outstanding. However, the latest experience was probably the worst one I've had in the 16 years of dining at the Melting Pot. The waitress was obviously new and didn't yet know the in's and out's of the job. I would have understood more if we were given good service. I rarely saw her throughout the meal and she never came back to ask if we wanted refills (which we did). The food was great as always, but the dining experience is definitely diminished when the service is lackingSpecial Features:
- noisyLoudDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and were hoping to have a romantic evening. A table of two couples was seated directly next to us. The two couples were extremely loud, (sounded) intoxicated, and rude. We will not be going back for any special occasions/romantic dinners. The restaurant should seat people who are expecting a romantic evening away from people who are there just for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience but very expensivelooksbothwaysDined on 8/15/2014I took my daughter to The Melting Pot for her 18th birthday. The service was excellent, and everything was explained well. The food was filling and delicious. Individual portions look small but we were full over several courses. It is *very* expensive, though. We paid just shy of $100 for two people, not including tip. We drank no alcohol (1 soda each, & coffee with dessert), either. This was just drinks, cheese, entrees, and dessert. Pricing can be a little confusing to figure out because of "per person" and "per table", but nothing is hidden. Meals can be done a bit cheaper, I'm sure. It's a nice special occasion place, but I would not consider it worth what we paid. It was also very dark, which made it tough to tell when food was done.Special Features:
- Good food, not a great valuemk859Dined on 8/13/2014The entree and desert are the best part. The main course meats were great quality but too much effort to cook it yourself, especially for over $55 per person (with tax and tips, without alcohol). Unless you like boiled meat, stick to the oil pot. In France fondue is a very casual thing, in this restaurant they tried to turn it into a fancy affair, with mixed results. Did not have a bad experience but will not go back because the price is too high.Special Features:
- Above and BeyondjnTracksDined on 8/10/2014We went to the Melting Pot for our anniversary and they really put extra effort into making it a a nice night for us. At this place you can really take your time with the full 4 course fondue meal. The service is outstanding and they do a great job of helping when you need help, and staying out of the way when you don't. They also brought us a card and champagne toast! The food is wonderful too; it's a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- MightmeDined on 8/9/2014Ryan was our server and he did an excellent job. My table was set up per my request to have rose petals and roses waiting when we arrived. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionswinendineDined on 8/9/2014We visit The Melting Pot for our birthdays. We don't go more often because we always eat too much. :). The quality is always consistent. You get an experience here. Also, they have a corking license!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Fun, good food, great service and overall would go again.Special Features:
- Raw duckAnonymousDined on 8/8/2014My girlfriend and I went here for our anniversary and it was both of our first times dining at this restaurant. We had heard good things about it so thought it would be perfect for the occasion. We were pretty disappointed. The service was fantastic but the price was extremely high considering the fact you cook your own entree at the table. We ended up eating raw duck because we were new to the experience. I would recommend coming to this restaurant for only the cheese fondue or the chocolate fondue. The entrees are not worth the high price. We were willing to spend more that night for a nice dinner, but we would have gone elsewhere knowing what we know now.Special Features:
- disappointmentNexusDined on 8/2/2014The food was good and service great but we were seated by a very loud, intoxicated party which really ruined it for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woner Place for a Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Melting Pot is a great place for a romantic or special dining experience. Service is excellent and the knowledgable staff can steer you in the right direction in the menu becomes overwhelming. John S. is the best server that I have had in a long time and gave us a number of great combinations to try to enhance our experience!!!Special Features:
- PerfectBravoSierraDined on 8/2/2014This was our second visit (our first visit was almost 4 years ago). We decided to go here for our 5 year anniversary and were extremely pleased with the service and the food.Special Features:
- Delicious.foodieDined on 8/1/2014Our first visit at the melting pot for our 6th wedding anniversary. The food was excellent and was a lot of fun to cook. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May VarnsMB2014Dined on 8/1/2014My first time at the melting pot was a great one. Service was good really didn't have to wait long on anything and everyone was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationmeltingpotguruDined on 7/31/2014We have been going to the Melting Pot for years! For this year's anniversary celebration, we took advantage of the Endless Fondue special and we were not disappointed. It is such a fun interactive experience and the food is so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening Out!GerriHVIPDined on 7/24/2014Had not been to Melting Pot in a long time. Went because I am providing a coupon to my clients for Melting Pot and decided to sample the experience. It was a fun evening and glad we went. We shared the 4 Course Experience. Shared the Alpine Swiss cheese fondue. So yummy and gooey! On to Caeser salad for him and house salad for me. Nice sweet and tangy dressing on house salad. We both chose the Classic as our entree, offering a great selection of meat and shrimp. The meats were high quality - pork was sooo tender. Shrimp great too. And love all the dipping sauces. Ryan was a very attentive server and created a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special treatDinerDined on 7/23/2014The Melting Pot is always a great place to celebrate an occasion. Fondue requires more time than casual dining and the experience is worth it.Special Features:
- Fondue = fun!FoodieatheartDined on 7/23/2014My husband and I had a wonderful, romantic dinner. Our server, Brittany was very friendly and hospitable. Highly recommend the cold-water lobster tail!! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Enjoyable!PegasusDined on 7/20/2014Melting Pot is a wonderful dinning experience. Went with 3 sisters to celebrate a 50th birthday. Did the 4 courses which took a long time but that is good for us as we like to take our time and talk. Food was excellent and it was fun trying a new place. Waiter was excellent as he took his time to explain the choices we needed to make from the menu. A little pricey but well worth it. Would like to go back with husband for maybe two courses. Would be a very romantic date night for any couple.Special Features:
- Great place to go!ChefEddieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We've eaten here many times and have always had great service and good food. I've read several bad reviews from other people and don't quite understand where they are coming from. Rule 1: Have reservations. If you have to wait a few minutes, don't fret, they have to turn tables just like any other restaurant. Rule 2: Learn what fondue is and isn't. This is a great place to explore what you like, if you know what you are getting into. They changed the format of their menu a while back. I have noticed that it is actually CHEAPER to eat there now then in the past, but with no change in quality of food.Special Features:
- Fondu!!!fancy12284Dined on 7/19/2014Great night with a group of friends. The cheese and chocolate courses were great. There is soo much food if you do all 4 courses. It is a little pricey, so great for special occassions.Special Features:
- Great!kmfoodieDined on 7/18/2014I've been several times and absolutely love it. Took an out of town friend there for a nice dinner & they too were impressed! Always great service and fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes food fun!LpurtellDined on 7/16/2014Waiter was very nice and gave our daughter a birthday card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- epicwhodey513Dined on 7/15/2014Melted cheese delicious steak and melted chocolate how could it get any betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014We celebrated our anniversary here. The music was a little loud but great food and nice setting. Wonderful gluten free accommodations!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might be our last trip to TMP...HappyGuy99Dined on 7/15/2014We have always used TMP as our go-to spot for special events. It is a unique experience.... but all things come to an end. God bless our hostess but she was un-prepared, shy and inexperienced. Affordable price, value and portions are a thing of the past --- the side salad at Fast Food restaurants provide more lettuce than what we received. TMP has even instituted charges for cooking styles. I purchased a Birthday package for $19.95. Balloons were half full; chocolate bar was a bag of wafers; and the picture quality lights up my daughters face like sitting in a dentists chair. Good luck to the franchise, staff and management but unfortunately we've had our last TMP experience. Boi Na Braza in downtown Cincy please get our table ready...Special Features:
- Great first experienceHappyfirsttimerDined on 7/12/2014We really enjoyed our first visit at the Melting Pot. It was our anniversary and they helped make it a special night.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceSkyreshDined on 7/6/2014We had a wonderful time at the melting pot Cincinnati! We went because they had a 4 course deal going on and kids ate free! It was also my husband's birthday. The food was delicious and our server was fantastic! It was good we hadnt scheduled anything else that afternoon because we were there for 2 hours total! They accomadated my 4 year old very well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grumpyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014started out ..... we had a reservation , means you thought a head right got there five minutes prior to reservation was told it would be ten minutes ok can see that but a half an hour later we were seated then complained to the server they basicly we can't control how fast people eat NO apology at all his service wasn't bad but menu was confusing . Food was realy good but the melting pot in Indianapolis was an experiance we could have been at an apple bees. Next time we will try Dayton
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014Great food, service and experience at an affordable price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food too spicyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2014The cheese fondu coarse was nice as was the dessert (chocolate). However, the main coarse has meat and even vegetables which are pre-spiced and it is just too much... So much that you can't taste the flavor of the fondu or meat or chicken. The dipping sauces helped a little to deal with the spices, but the only thing that was truly edible was the shrimp as it was not spiced. The salads were so-so.Special Features:
- uniqueyummyDined on 6/29/2014great food and fun every time. When I bring guests they are always impressed.Special Features:
- Melting PotlivabusDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner on Sunday. Our server was fantastic and our dinner was terrific. We enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJakeDined on 6/28/2014Started with having to wait for our reserved table - not a huge issue - got seated and the server promptly dumped a glass of ice water onto her lap! Not a little, the whole thing! I am sorry was all we heard from her! Nothing from management, nothing from anyone - not that we wanted to be comped, but at least some recognition that she was eating while soaked through at her birthday dinner. Woefully slow service, charged for spices we did not order. Not the same Melting Pot we'd been to before. If I am going to spend over $200 for dinner - I expect better! We won't be back !
- firstname.lastname@example.orgOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/20141st time visiting. I loved everything. Will recommend this restaurant to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.