The Melting Pot - Castleton
5650 E. 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Castleton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/indianapolis/specials
- Phone: 3178413601
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chocolate fondue only - dessert
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room is available - seats up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3178413601
A word from The Melting Pot - Castleton
The Melting Pot provides a unique, upscale & intimate dining experience with its assortment of fondue cooked at the table by the guest. It is a perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party or friendly gathering. Guests can enjoy a variety of tasty entrees served with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salads, fine wines & mouth watering chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Castleton - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
The Melting Pot - Castleton reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (170)romantic (152)good for groups (64)fit for foodies (51)notable wine list (32)late-night find (18)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (16)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- skeptical husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014When i told my husband that i wanted to go here for our first anniversary, he was skeptical. When we left he raved about how awesome it was and plan to go back sometime!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food is outstanding, and has been on every visit. The new "four course" menu allows each person to choose their own main course entree, versus the past "Big Night Out" option that allowed for only one choice per couple. This allowed us to mix and match more than in the past. We were sat close to the kitchen, which is a big noisier than past tables we have had, but still better than most restaurants. Our server did a great job explaining everything and meeting our needs. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best resturant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The melting pot is so good. It's fun and can be romantic if you want it to. I come here a lot with friends. It just depends on what the occasion it is but it's good for all!Special Features:
- HawkeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We hadn't been to the Melting Pot for several years. When our grandchildren turn 16, we offer to take them out to dinner to a place of their choosing and our granddaughter choose the Melting Pot. She had a great time and enjoyed her dining experience and thought it was excellent. That's what counted the most. For my wife and I, we thought the service was excellent, however, we thought the food was "okay". Had the cheddar cheese and for our part, would have enjoyed a caso dip better. As for the main entrée, every thing tasted very bland and the filet I had was tough, sort of like a sirloin. We did enjoy the dessert, had the ying & yang. The important thing was our granddaughter thought it was excellent. Jim LenzSpecial Features:
- Melting Pot is more rasonable nowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We had been many years ago and were pleaseantly surprised too see that the price were more reasonable and that the menu had changed. Our waiter Dean was very knowledgable and made polite conversations with us. I have a sensitive stomach and Dean helped me order selections that would not cause any problems for me. The cheese appetizer was good, we got the cheddar but I would ask you waiter to go light on the mustard podwer. It can be very over powering. The salad sizes are perfect. The main courses had a variety of meats to chose from with chicken, steak, seafood and even vegetable option. The best part of the whole meal is the dessert. Make sure you save room for it, the chocolate id to die for!Special Features:
- Great EveningSteveDined on 9/19/2014Took family to celebrate birthdays. Food was outstanding and service was great. Everyone enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodfondueloverDined on 9/18/2014The melting pot never disappoints. We have eaten there many times over several years and over and over again, the food, service and atmosphere is exceptional. They are accommodating with substitutions if you desire them. The servers are focused on making your dining the best possible experience. It is truly a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great anniversary dinnerrglmDined on 9/13/2014We may make it a tradition every year to go to the melting pot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melting potfamilyfun6Dined on 9/13/2014I would definitely come back for the chocolate fondue. The main entre was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitJackson2Dined on 9/12/2014We previously had a bad experience here and came back to try it out once again. The service was excellent, the food was prepared great, the food tasted great. This was a wonderful experience and definitely change our mind about this place. Happy to say that one previous bad experience does not reflect what this place truly is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Excellant service - our waitress was great, helped with the menue , made recommedation of food, and most important what was the best deal $$ since we had our 12 yr old daughter with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomefondueloverDined on 9/7/2014We had a great time dining here on our anniversary. The food was delicious as usual. The atmosphere was great and we even did ok with our two year old along. Oh, and the waitress was the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placenichxestesDined on 9/7/2014Second time there. Still amazing. Will be going backSpecial Features:
- Love It!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014This is one of my favorite places to eat for a special occasion. Although pricey, it is very worth it. The servers are so nice and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014I absolutely love this restaurant, wish I could afford to eat there more often. I left a message asking about a diabetic availability too late before we went and didnt get a reply till I came back home. So for dessert I cheated with the chocolate now the old blood sugar will be high for 4 to 5 days but that is my own fault. If you have an issue likemine call ahead of time to make arrangements. The message when I got home on my email is that if I could find the sugar free chocolate myself they would be glad to accomodate me. The waiter was knowledgeable and helpful and did not pester us every time we turned around. It was a very romantic birthday meal. Very laid back great atmosphere were you can take your time relax and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!HappymanDined on 9/6/2014I have been to the Melting Pot a dozen times or more with my wife. This was the first group dinner I have had there. It was great. They set us up in a private room and we had a blast. The food as always was out of this world. Great Idea to make the entrees for an individual rather than a couple. We will definitely be back as a group again. Great job by all.Special Features:
- High Priced for Average FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014The dessert was amazing, but the actual food was average. For all of the money, I would have liked to get better food. I only went here because I had a Groupon and it was our anniversary, but we were not impressed. I would go back, but just to get dessert. There are many other upscale restaurants with far better food for the same price or even less.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The service started out rough. We had a waitress that forgot about our table. Therefore we were left waiting for our server to return for 40 minutes. However once we spoke to a manager about the situation they resolved the issue. The manager helped turn the experience around for us. He was very friendly and checked on our table regularly and He even cut the bill in half!Special Features:
- amazing experienceamazingDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I go every year for our anniversary and other special occasions and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great server and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Love the food!! Great service. Loved the choices of food. Very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodBirthdaydinnersDined on 8/26/2014We visit there almost every Birthday, and we never are dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingnikkiheyDined on 8/24/2014My visit to the melting pot was outstanding. My husband and I went for our and it was a very quiet romantic setting where we got to enjoy one another. Thank you for the great service and wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!SmeadeDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 6 year Wedding Anniversary recently and I wanted to suprise her with something different. I planned a small getaway which included a bed and breakfast & spa combo and a lovely romantic dinner. When I say "small getaway" I am referring to the fact we live in Lafayette. I asked a number of friends and coworkers. This fondue place place called The Melting Pot came up several times. After reading over reviews (I am huge on reviews) I made the dinner decision. Our reserved table was quiet and away from the other tables and the rose I asked to be placed at our table was there! I was impressed before we took a bite! Excellent food, service and overall dining experience! Well be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romance at The Melting PotLadyTee056Dined on 8/23/2014This was our first experience at The Melting Pot. We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. We both enjoyed the cooking experience. We laugh and my hubby had a ball! This was something we should remember the rest our of lives. The atmosphere was lovely. The music was nice. Our waiter was very informative and friendly. It rekindle our love we had for one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBearcatDined on 8/19/2014The $120 ripoff. Way overpriced for what you get. Boiling meat yourself in a pot of sauce is not my idea of fine dining. Filet (if that what it really was) was tough of course after boiling it for almost 2 minutes. The music piped inadequate me feel like I was stuck in an elevator for 2 hours. Desert was best part - but it took more than 15 minutes for the chocolate to get warm enough to enjoy. We will never go back and I will never recommend this place to anybody. Save your $125 and go to a real restaurant. Very disappointed
- Good food but expensive !NewexperienceDined on 8/19/2014It was a great experience but overpriced. Menu was confusing but food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticromanticDineDined on 8/16/2014Mix a great services, with great atmosphere and food and you get a very romantic and intimate evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experiencefondueloveDined on 8/16/2014Great food and excellent service! Wonderful menu even for a vegetarian like me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and atmosphere. I wish it was closer to my home so I could just stop in and get dessert only.Special Features:
- Yummy!SKesqDined on 8/15/2014We went to the melting pot for my sister'a birthday and what fun we had! Still talking about the dining experience days later. Plan on about 2+ hrs to dine if you go with the 4 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, bad greasy smellDisappointedDined on 8/15/2014Cheese was skimpy! We had too much bread leftover, no more cheese. Greasy smell as soon as we walked in. Very pricey. They did give us a great private booth but if you don't get one of those it is very noisy.Special Features:
- the the best time we have had thereWestfeldFoodiesDined on 8/14/2014Normally we have a fantastic time at the Melting Pot. This time was disappointing on many levels. We had a reservation for 3 at 8pm. we arrived on time and expected to be seated immediately. The hostess was was over heard saying to the other that just because our reservation was at 8 does not mean that we have to be seated then. it was 15 min before we were seated in an area that was already and there was no reason to wait. Secondly the waitress seemed rushed and took forever to take our full order. we ended up eating our cheese with the menus still on the table. The rest of the meal was good but when the chocolate came the marshmallow fluff wasn't mixed in properly and we ended up mixing it ourselves.Special Features:
- simply amazingfatguyDined on 8/14/2014It was our first time and we were not let down. Our server helped us navigate the menu and helped us make the best choice. We were there almost 3 hours and we enjoyed every second of it. The food is amazing and worth the money we spent. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014We celebrated our anniversary and were seated in one of their private booths away from main dining area. The food and service were excellent and the atmosphere was excellent. I am gluten free and didn't have to worry a bit about the food. We will go back.Special Features:
- Average EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014The actual fondue was delicious. And the quiet restaurant made it easy for our group of 4 to visit. But the service was just average. It was not the experience we had the first visit about a year ago. Perhaps our burner was on the fritz but nothing every heated up quit right and the consistency of the sauces was off. So, we have had an excellent evening and an average. We may give it another try sometime.Special Features:
- Proposal NighterfectDRSKLSDined on 8/10/2014I proposed on this night (she said yes) and it was a very romantic time. The waitress was excellent and the privacy booth was perfect for the occasion. The food was also excellent and was just an all around great experience. We will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pr1ncess5230Dined on 8/10/2014Never had thought of this place as a kid friendly restaurant, but I took my children (14 and 7) for a special occasion. The waitress was great! I had been there before but my children obviously had not and she did great explaining the menu and how to cook things to them. They loved it...especially dessert!! Have always highly recommened this place but now I have another reason to tell people why to come. Thanks so much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014After being seating in a less than ideal table for a romantic meal, we were changed to one of the private booths, as requested in our reservation. As always, the food was excellent and we had a very private, romantic, and relaxing dining experience. Our waiter was attentive, but not annoying. He was polite and subtle when entering the booth. Our only complaint was the music volume. It was loud for a romantic meal. I believe we were seated near a speaker. We asked, the waiter attempted to reduce the volume. We were told that, because the volume was for an entire half of the restaurant, they did not want to reduce it too much. I understood, but have never known anyone to complain at a restaurant like this that the volume was too low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We were given a gift certificate by some folks to the Melting Pot. We had never been before. We had a quiet isolated table and really enjoyed the food. It was a 2 hour dining experience that we will not soon forget!Special Features:
- loveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I always get the 4 course and end up very satisfied and full. Everything is so yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.