The Melting Pot - Castleton
5650 E. 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Castleton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/indianapolis/specials
- Phone: 3178413601
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chocolate fondue only - dessert
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room is available - seats up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3178413601
A word from The Melting Pot - Castleton
The Melting Pot provides a unique, upscale & intimate dining experience with its assortment of fondue cooked at the table by the guest. It is a perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party or friendly gathering. Guests can enjoy a variety of tasty entrees served with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salads, fine wines & mouth watering chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Castleton - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
The Melting Pot - Castleton reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (162)romantic (147)good for groups (64)fit for foodies (56)notable wine list (35)late-night find (20)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (18)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (7)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not as great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Food was OUTSTANDING, as always. Server was attentive at first, then had to be asked for several times during the meal, didn't offer refills and we had to request the check, as he was not to be found again. The restaurant was not exceedingly busy at 6 pm on a Sunday night, not sure what the problem was. Will definitely return, expecting better service.Special Features:
- Relaxed dinner with friendsmlbluvDined on 10/25/2014We took two friends to dinner at The Melting Pot. Overall, a very enjoyable experience. Food and Service were great. The one disappointment was to arrive at restaurant and find we had been assigned to a booth with only one cook top. I guess this is standard for 4 people, although on other occasions we had been there, we got tables with two cook tops. The latter is preferable, as we wanted two cheese appetizers...had to be served in sequence, not parallel. Also, 4 people cooking in one fondue pan gets crowded. At any rate, I will request a table with two burners on future reservations.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Elizabeth was an amazing server...very helpful and friendly. We were celebrating my daughter's 15th birthday and the Melting Pot made it extra special! Thank you.Special Features:
- Great girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Had a great time with my friend. The music was nice and soft. We were able to be seated ib a private area so there was not a lot of foot traffic. The food was good as well. I was more impressed with the atmosphere than the food. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014we went for our anniversary, sat in the lovers lane section.. wait staff was great, service was great. overall was a great celebration and we will do it again..Special Features:
- Very poor experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Level of service, food quality, amount of food was not very good at all compared to price paid.
- Perfect for that special occasion!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The melting pot is my wife and I favorite place to eat. Perfect for the date night and those special occasions. We have loved the ambience that they give with private booths for that very romantic feel. I recommend every couple go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceCraigandKimDined on 10/15/2014The Melting Pot is always a special experience to be enjoyed with your significant other. I hadn't been there in 15 years but it was just as I remembered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a superior experienceHowardPartyDined on 10/15/2014Once again The Melting Pot has risen to the task of making a special occasion the best possible. Our server was extremely friendly and attentive. Since we come here at least 3 times a year we know the drill and she was more than willing to skip the usual walk-through of the menu and cooking process and let us have more time to ourselves. Our requests for extra sauces and batters were promptly fulfilled, and our glasses of water were never in danger of being empty. As always, The Melting Pot has succeeded in making our night out special.Special Features:
- Great for anniversaries and suchSnapperDined on 10/12/2014This is the second time we've celebrated or anniversary here. Service and food were great as always. Will say that the scroll with things that happened on our wedding date was much cooler than the hand written note. However, the handwritten note was still a nice touch. ~CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun fonduedave0126Dined on 10/12/2014Great fondue restaurant that my wife has been wanting to dine at for a long time. We did the 4-course experience and the Pacific Rim and Seafood Trio were excellent.Special Features:
- Fun but expensiveApickDined on 10/12/2014Fun for the family but still Very expensive. Some course are strong (meat and desert) but other items are not great--dipping uncooked broccoli and cauliflower in cheese is pretty blah. Kids enjoy it but $17 to share the cheese and chocolate course is steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robinson96Dined on 10/11/2014Overall it was an amazing experience, but it took a long time for the server to get back to us. Our drinks were always empty, but I'm really satisfied with the food and the area around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All goodPenny59ncDined on 10/10/2014We had a great time-great food and plenty of it! Food was tasty-cheese was awesome-alpine swiss and chocolate was incredibly smooth!Special Features:
- Any occassionSilverstreakDined on 10/10/2014We have had business meetings, birthdays, anniversary's, and just a night out. Awesome place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay if you have days to spendOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/7/2014The service was not slow and relaxed...it was terrible lethargic slow. It took over 15 minutes from the time were seated until we were offered to order drinks, we told them in our reservation is was our daughters Birthday, there was NO MENTION of it at all....no card, nothing. The server was clueless, we even told her and she still did nothing. It was horrible service.
- DeliciousIndyAngieDined on 10/5/2014This was my third visit and I brought my teenage son. The food was delicious, service was wonderful and I will be back for more! It's such a fun, interactive experience that can be customized for a romantic date or fun, family gathering. Top quality food with enough options to suit everyone. The shrimp is always fresh and plump; the chicken pot-stickers are a personal favorite. Be prepared to spend a couple of hours there and do not miss the dessert fondue especially the flaming turtle!Special Features:
- Fondue!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/4/2014We eat here pretty regularly and have no complaints. The staff is very nice and very professional. And of course, there is cheese and chocolate!!! SO its a pretty winning combination. We've already made a reservation o go backSpecial Features:
- Delicious, fun, romanticFrugalfoodieDined on 10/4/2014This was our first visit the the melting pot and even my very picky husband was impressed! All the choices available were part of the fun and the pace at which the courses were served was just right. The cheese fondue, cooking pot and chocolate fondue were all prepared table side - it was nice to see what was going in, all fresh. Everything was a treat to the tastebuds and we will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014I haven't been to the Melting Pot for years, but I must say it did not disappoint. My husband and I reserved our dinner to celebrate our anniversary. I loved the private area we sat in. There was little noise and it was romantic. The food was incredible and reasonably priced. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert OnlyIndysocialDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I had the 4 course meal. The service was great as was the atmosphere. Unfortunately, we found the food to be so-so. If we were to return, we would only have dessert. I also witnessed a female staff member exit the ladies restroom without washing her hands. Because of this, we will not return.
- Romantic eveningjkrazeDined on 9/30/2014We like to ask for a secluded table when we go, and they are very accommodating. The food and dipping sauces are excellent. I especially love the shrimp. We both enjoyed the 3 meat combinations, since we are able to get whatever we want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencetryingnewthings417Dined on 9/28/2014A first time experience for both me and my husband. I took him there for his birthday. What a wonderful experience. We had the four course special so we were able to try a little of everything. We had the four cheese blend and it was excellent. The spinach mushroom salad was a nice alternative to normally bland salads offered at other places. The land and sea was fresh and tasty. And the finale . . .Yin Yang Chocolate (white & dark chocolate). We both had specialty whiskey cocktails from the bar that were yummy! Our waitress was attentive and provided great service. My tip to everyone is to not do this if you are starving or in a hurry. The whole experience takes about 2 1/2 hours but it is worth it!Special Features:
- Great Experiencechildress4meDined on 9/27/2014We dined with our children and grandson. This was our first trip to The Melting Pot. Our server was wonderful -- very knowledgeable about the menu and was so helpful. The food was great and the atmosphere was family friendly. I would highly recommend The Melting Pot to diners looking for something different.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerEmilyDined on 9/25/2014Meal was remarkable as always! Wish we could have tipped the waitress better as she did a wonderful job. Will be coming back again next year for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious1Dined on 9/25/2014Outstanding! Everything was just great. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly. Our reservation was ready at the assigned time. The service was superior and the food was marvelous.Special Features:
- Once in a whileaprilfaeryDined on 9/23/2014Not something I would enjoy on a regular basis but nice for once in a while. Not somewhere I would take children due to the need to cook part of your own food and the cooking element in the tables.Special Features:
- skeptical husbandCShoeDined on 9/20/2014When i told my husband that i wanted to go here for our first anniversary, he was skeptical. When we left he raved about how awesome it was and plan to go back sometime!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food is outstanding, and has been on every visit. The new "four course" menu allows each person to choose their own main course entree, versus the past "Big Night Out" option that allowed for only one choice per couple. This allowed us to mix and match more than in the past. We were sat close to the kitchen, which is a big noisier than past tables we have had, but still better than most restaurants. Our server did a great job explaining everything and meeting our needs. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best resturant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The melting pot is so good. It's fun and can be romantic if you want it to. I come here a lot with friends. It just depends on what the occasion it is but it's good for all!Special Features:
- HawkeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We hadn't been to the Melting Pot for several years. When our grandchildren turn 16, we offer to take them out to dinner to a place of their choosing and our granddaughter choose the Melting Pot. She had a great time and enjoyed her dining experience and thought it was excellent. That's what counted the most. For my wife and I, we thought the service was excellent, however, we thought the food was "okay". Had the cheddar cheese and for our part, would have enjoyed a caso dip better. As for the main entrée, every thing tasted very bland and the filet I had was tough, sort of like a sirloin. We did enjoy the dessert, had the ying & yang. The important thing was our granddaughter thought it was excellent. Jim LenzSpecial Features:
- Melting Pot is more rasonable nowJaduceDined on 9/19/2014We had been many years ago and were pleaseantly surprised too see that the price were more reasonable and that the menu had changed. Our waiter Dean was very knowledgable and made polite conversations with us. I have a sensitive stomach and Dean helped me order selections that would not cause any problems for me. The cheese appetizer was good, we got the cheddar but I would ask you waiter to go light on the mustard podwer. It can be very over powering. The salad sizes are perfect. The main courses had a variety of meats to chose from with chicken, steak, seafood and even vegetable option. The best part of the whole meal is the dessert. Make sure you save room for it, the chocolate id to die for!Special Features:
- Great EveningSteveDined on 9/19/2014Took family to celebrate birthdays. Food was outstanding and service was great. Everyone enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodfondueloverDined on 9/18/2014The melting pot never disappoints. We have eaten there many times over several years and over and over again, the food, service and atmosphere is exceptional. They are accommodating with substitutions if you desire them. The servers are focused on making your dining the best possible experience. It is truly a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great anniversary dinnerrglmDined on 9/13/2014We may make it a tradition every year to go to the melting pot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melting potfamilyfun6Dined on 9/13/2014I would definitely come back for the chocolate fondue. The main entre was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitJackson2Dined on 9/12/2014We previously had a bad experience here and came back to try it out once again. The service was excellent, the food was prepared great, the food tasted great. This was a wonderful experience and definitely change our mind about this place. Happy to say that one previous bad experience does not reflect what this place truly is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Excellant service - our waitress was great, helped with the menue , made recommedation of food, and most important what was the best deal $$ since we had our 12 yr old daughter with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomefondueloverDined on 9/7/2014We had a great time dining here on our anniversary. The food was delicious as usual. The atmosphere was great and we even did ok with our two year old along. Oh, and the waitress was the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placenichxestesDined on 9/7/2014Second time there. Still amazing. Will be going backSpecial Features: