The Melting Pot - Castleton
5650 E. 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Castleton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/indianapolis/specials
- Phone: (317) 841-3601
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chocolate fondue only - dessert
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room is available - seats up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3178413601
A word from The Melting Pot - Castleton
The Melting Pot provides a unique, upscale & intimate dining experience with its assortment of fondue cooked at the table by the guest. It is a perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party or friendly gathering. Guests can enjoy a variety of tasty entrees served with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salads, fine wines & mouth watering chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Castleton - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
The Melting Pot - Castleton reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)romantic (130)fit for foodies (56)good for groups (53)notable wine list (40)hot spot (20)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (17)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Dessert a MustOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014We had the cheese fondue, salad, and DESSERT. Everything was very good, but the chocolate flaming turtle dessert was outstanding. We had not been for several years, but we will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2014Overall the experience was Terrible. Would never go there again.
- Fantastic food & friendly serviceNapTownDined on 11/12/2014Birthday dinner for the lady. Our server, Nicole, was great. The unique dining experience and environment made it a memorable dinner for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeachingBoys2BYoungMenDipALotDined on 11/11/2014I had taken our 11 year old cousin and my 8 year old son for the 11 year old's birthday. Our waitress was amazing! We went and we worked on manners, how to order off of the menu, look people in the eye, say please and thank you, and learn how to tip in addition to having a fun dinner out. They were thrilled (and stuffed) and she was so patient and kind with them. We tipped her over 30%. We made an early reservation, 5:15, and it worked out perfectly for us on a school night. We will be back for special occasions. $120 (tip included) is pricey for one adult and two children, but again, we had a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Barrage your taste budsKeredDined on 11/9/2014Where to start. We had a marvelous waitress named jenni that did an extraordinary job in educating, feeding, and entertaining us all night. She never bugged us too much and was always there when we needed her. We tried a couple bottles of wine as it was an anniversary dinner and both were great with many more options available. The food is fun to pick out as well as engorge. We have been twice now and both times went with the four course combo and I would highly recommend it. Last time we had three people so between that time and this dinner we've tried many of the options of meats and veggies and sauces and haven't had a bad taste yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fun!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014It was a great place to go for our 1 week wedding anniversary. Very fun and interactive. Felt like one of our first dates actually, and neither of us ever got on our phones other than two make sure we'd cooked the chicken long enough. The food was AMAZING! Very pricey though. Very. VERY!! :/ We definitely can't afford to go more than once a year.Special Features:
- Unique experienceMarkDined on 11/6/2014The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant, which by definition makes it a unique type of restaurant in most areas. This was our second visit, with several years in between. We choose made to order 4 course dinner consisting of a cheese dipping course, salad course, main entree and finally a to die to chocolate dipping course. This is not a place for those watching a strict diet! The food was magnificent and the service terrific. This is a place we don't often think of, but will definitely return. Everyone should try fondue at least once in their lives.Special Features:
- romanticDanielDined on 11/2/2014This restaurant has always been amazing. Good food, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/1/2014We always have a great time when we dine at the Melting Pot, whether for a meal or just dessert. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysiamkdeDined on 11/1/2014The Melting Pot was awesome, as usual! Service was great; waiter was funny. Food delicious, experience fun!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cliff'sCliffDined on 11/1/2014The service and the food is always impeccable. Great spot for a romantic dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryDinner42Dined on 11/1/2014We eat here every anniversary and even got engaged here. My wife loves the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic tasty eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Had a group on for it so knee was going there, and the 20% Halloween discount also helped. Was given a table in a little secluded area with couch-like seating that added to the romantic feel. Waitress had the perfect pace of checking up on us, and was super nice. Food was pretty stellar, with the four course option the best way to go. She had the vegetarian entree which she liked, and I had the all beef one since I know beef really the best meat to choose for fondue. Did the coq au vin broth, which is so flavorful that is worth the little extra charge. Cheddar cheese kicked it off, and she really liked her caprese salad. Went dark chocolate to finish it off. Overall, very classy and tasty, and highly recommend. Time flew by!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as usualprivacyvaluedDined on 10/26/2014Food was OUTSTANDING, as always. Server was attentive at first, then had to be asked for several times during the meal, didn't offer refills and we had to request the check, as he was not to be found again. The restaurant was not exceedingly busy at 6 pm on a Sunday night, not sure what the problem was. Will definitely return, expecting better service.Special Features:
- Relaxed dinner with friendsmlbluvDined on 10/25/2014We took two friends to dinner at The Melting Pot. Overall, a very enjoyable experience. Food and Service were great. The one disappointment was to arrive at restaurant and find we had been assigned to a booth with only one cook top. I guess this is standard for 4 people, although on other occasions we had been there, we got tables with two cook tops. The latter is preferable, as we wanted two cheese appetizers...had to be served in sequence, not parallel. Also, 4 people cooking in one fondue pan gets crowded. At any rate, I will request a table with two burners on future reservations.Special Features:
- Delightful as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We are always delighted when we dine at the Melting Pot! It is always delicious and the staff is always friendly and delightful. This time we each tried a new drink, I had the white peach martini of some sort, I don't remember the name exactly, but it was AMAZING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Elizabeth was an amazing server...very helpful and friendly. We were celebrating my daughter's 15th birthday and the Melting Pot made it extra special! Thank you.Special Features:
- Great girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Had a great time with my friend. The music was nice and soft. We were able to be seated ib a private area so there was not a lot of foot traffic. The food was good as well. I was more impressed with the atmosphere than the food. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrationluv2tryNEWDined on 10/23/2014we went for our anniversary, sat in the lovers lane section.. wait staff was great, service was great. overall was a great celebration and we will do it again..Special Features:
- Very poor experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Level of service, food quality, amount of food was not very good at all compared to price paid.
- Perfect for that special occasion!!October22Dined on 10/18/2014The melting pot is my wife and I favorite place to eat. Perfect for the date night and those special occasions. We have loved the ambience that they give with private booths for that very romantic feel. I recommend every couple go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceCraigandKimDined on 10/15/2014The Melting Pot is always a special experience to be enjoyed with your significant other. I hadn't been there in 15 years but it was just as I remembered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a superior experienceHowardPartyDined on 10/15/2014Once again The Melting Pot has risen to the task of making a special occasion the best possible. Our server was extremely friendly and attentive. Since we come here at least 3 times a year we know the drill and she was more than willing to skip the usual walk-through of the menu and cooking process and let us have more time to ourselves. Our requests for extra sauces and batters were promptly fulfilled, and our glasses of water were never in danger of being empty. As always, The Melting Pot has succeeded in making our night out special.Special Features:
- concern!joyful1Dined on 10/12/2014I have been at your Chicago location and I live in Greenwood, IN and went to that locations several time before it closed. 1st time, I have been to the Castleton location. We were very disappointed! we have always enjoyed going Grwd location. The wait staff was poor that evening. We had 2 children with us ( 2.5 hrs) .Grwd location always made it fun. We had so much lag time and we were bored. For the money, it should be 4-5 star experience. I am not sure I will ever go back. Then the bill was not correct and it took forever again to get waiters atten. He at least thanked us for being honest. There was no one at the front. we rarely seen wait staff.......Special Features:
- Great for anniversaries and suchSnapperDined on 10/12/2014This is the second time we've celebrated or anniversary here. Service and food were great as always. Will say that the scroll with things that happened on our wedding date was much cooler than the hand written note. However, the handwritten note was still a nice touch. ~CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun fonduedave0126Dined on 10/12/2014Great fondue restaurant that my wife has been wanting to dine at for a long time. We did the 4-course experience and the Pacific Rim and Seafood Trio were excellent.Special Features:
- Fun but expensiveApickDined on 10/12/2014Fun for the family but still Very expensive. Some course are strong (meat and desert) but other items are not great--dipping uncooked broccoli and cauliflower in cheese is pretty blah. Kids enjoy it but $17 to share the cheese and chocolate course is steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robinson96Dined on 10/11/2014Overall it was an amazing experience, but it took a long time for the server to get back to us. Our drinks were always empty, but I'm really satisfied with the food and the area around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All goodPenny59ncDined on 10/10/2014We had a great time-great food and plenty of it! Food was tasty-cheese was awesome-alpine swiss and chocolate was incredibly smooth!Special Features:
- Any occassionSilverstreakDined on 10/10/2014We have had business meetings, birthdays, anniversary's, and just a night out. Awesome place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay if you have days to spendOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/7/2014The service was not slow and relaxed...it was terrible lethargic slow. It took over 15 minutes from the time were seated until we were offered to order drinks, we told them in our reservation is was our daughters Birthday, there was NO MENTION of it at all....no card, nothing. The server was clueless, we even told her and she still did nothing. It was horrible service.
- DeliciousIndyAngieDined on 10/5/2014This was my third visit and I brought my teenage son. The food was delicious, service was wonderful and I will be back for more! It's such a fun, interactive experience that can be customized for a romantic date or fun, family gathering. Top quality food with enough options to suit everyone. The shrimp is always fresh and plump; the chicken pot-stickers are a personal favorite. Be prepared to spend a couple of hours there and do not miss the dessert fondue especially the flaming turtle!Special Features:
- Fondue!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/4/2014We eat here pretty regularly and have no complaints. The staff is very nice and very professional. And of course, there is cheese and chocolate!!! SO its a pretty winning combination. We've already made a reservation o go backSpecial Features:
- Delicious, fun, romanticFrugalfoodieDined on 10/4/2014This was our first visit the the melting pot and even my very picky husband was impressed! All the choices available were part of the fun and the pace at which the courses were served was just right. The cheese fondue, cooking pot and chocolate fondue were all prepared table side - it was nice to see what was going in, all fresh. Everything was a treat to the tastebuds and we will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014I haven't been to the Melting Pot for years, but I must say it did not disappoint. My husband and I reserved our dinner to celebrate our anniversary. I loved the private area we sat in. There was little noise and it was romantic. The food was incredible and reasonably priced. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert OnlyIndysocialDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I had the 4 course meal. The service was great as was the atmosphere. Unfortunately, we found the food to be so-so. If we were to return, we would only have dessert. I also witnessed a female staff member exit the ladies restroom without washing her hands. Because of this, we will not return.
- Romantic eveningjkrazeDined on 9/30/2014We like to ask for a secluded table when we go, and they are very accommodating. The food and dipping sauces are excellent. I especially love the shrimp. We both enjoyed the 3 meat combinations, since we are able to get whatever we want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencetryingnewthings417Dined on 9/28/2014A first time experience for both me and my husband. I took him there for his birthday. What a wonderful experience. We had the four course special so we were able to try a little of everything. We had the four cheese blend and it was excellent. The spinach mushroom salad was a nice alternative to normally bland salads offered at other places. The land and sea was fresh and tasty. And the finale . . .Yin Yang Chocolate (white & dark chocolate). We both had specialty whiskey cocktails from the bar that were yummy! Our waitress was attentive and provided great service. My tip to everyone is to not do this if you are starving or in a hurry. The whole experience takes about 2 1/2 hours but it is worth it!Special Features:
- Great Experiencechildress4meDined on 9/27/2014We dined with our children and grandson. This was our first trip to The Melting Pot. Our server was wonderful -- very knowledgeable about the menu and was so helpful. The food was great and the atmosphere was family friendly. I would highly recommend The Melting Pot to diners looking for something different.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerEmilyDined on 9/25/2014Meal was remarkable as always! Wish we could have tipped the waitress better as she did a wonderful job. Will be coming back again next year for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.