The Melting Pot - Castleton
5650 E. 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Castleton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/indianapolis/specials
- Phone: 3178413601
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chocolate fondue only - dessert
- Private Party Facilities: Private party room is available - seats up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3178413601
A word from The Melting Pot - Castleton
The Melting Pot provides a unique, upscale & intimate dining experience with its assortment of fondue cooked at the table by the guest. It is a perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party or friendly gathering. Guests can enjoy a variety of tasty entrees served with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salads, fine wines & mouth watering chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Castleton - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
The Melting Pot - Castleton reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (174)romantic (156)good for groups (56)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (30)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (15)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I go every year for our anniversary and other special occasions and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great server and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Love the food!! Great service. Loved the choices of food. Very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodBirthdaydinnersDined on 8/26/2014We visit there almost every Birthday, and we never are dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingnikkiheyDined on 8/24/2014My visit to the melting pot was outstanding. My husband and I went for our and it was a very quiet romantic setting where we got to enjoy one another. Thank you for the great service and wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!SmeadeDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 6 year Wedding Anniversary recently and I wanted to suprise her with something different. I planned a small getaway which included a bed and breakfast & spa combo and a lovely romantic dinner. When I say "small getaway" I am referring to the fact we live in Lafayette. I asked a number of friends and coworkers. This fondue place place called The Melting Pot came up several times. After reading over reviews (I am huge on reviews) I made the dinner decision. Our reserved table was quiet and away from the other tables and the rose I asked to be placed at our table was there! I was impressed before we took a bite! Excellent food, service and overall dining experience! Well be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romance at The Melting PotLadyTee056Dined on 8/23/2014This was our first experience at The Melting Pot. We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. We both enjoyed the cooking experience. We laugh and my hubby had a ball! This was something we should remember the rest our of lives. The atmosphere was lovely. The music was nice. Our waiter was very informative and friendly. It rekindle our love we had for one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBearcatDined on 8/19/2014The $120 ripoff. Way overpriced for what you get. Boiling meat yourself in a pot of sauce is not my idea of fine dining. Filet (if that what it really was) was tough of course after boiling it for almost 2 minutes. The music piped inadequate me feel like I was stuck in an elevator for 2 hours. Desert was best part - but it took more than 15 minutes for the chocolate to get warm enough to enjoy. We will never go back and I will never recommend this place to anybody. Save your $125 and go to a real restaurant. Very disappointed
- Good food but expensive !NewexperienceDined on 8/19/2014It was a great experience but overpriced. Menu was confusing but food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticromanticDineDined on 8/16/2014Mix a great services, with great atmosphere and food and you get a very romantic and intimate evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experiencefondueloveDined on 8/16/2014Great food and excellent service! Wonderful menu even for a vegetarian like me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and atmosphere. I wish it was closer to my home so I could just stop in and get dessert only.Special Features:
- Yummy!SKesqDined on 8/15/2014We went to the melting pot for my sister'a birthday and what fun we had! Still talking about the dining experience days later. Plan on about 2+ hrs to dine if you go with the 4 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, bad greasy smellDisappointedDined on 8/15/2014Cheese was skimpy! We had too much bread leftover, no more cheese. Greasy smell as soon as we walked in. Very pricey. They did give us a great private booth but if you don't get one of those it is very noisy.Special Features:
- the the best time we have had thereWestfeldFoodiesDined on 8/14/2014Normally we have a fantastic time at the Melting Pot. This time was disappointing on many levels. We had a reservation for 3 at 8pm. we arrived on time and expected to be seated immediately. The hostess was was over heard saying to the other that just because our reservation was at 8 does not mean that we have to be seated then. it was 15 min before we were seated in an area that was already and there was no reason to wait. Secondly the waitress seemed rushed and took forever to take our full order. we ended up eating our cheese with the menus still on the table. The rest of the meal was good but when the chocolate came the marshmallow fluff wasn't mixed in properly and we ended up mixing it ourselves.Special Features:
- simply amazingfatguyDined on 8/14/2014It was our first time and we were not let down. Our server helped us navigate the menu and helped us make the best choice. We were there almost 3 hours and we enjoyed every second of it. The food is amazing and worth the money we spent. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014We celebrated our anniversary and were seated in one of their private booths away from main dining area. The food and service were excellent and the atmosphere was excellent. I am gluten free and didn't have to worry a bit about the food. We will go back.Special Features:
- Average EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014The actual fondue was delicious. And the quiet restaurant made it easy for our group of 4 to visit. But the service was just average. It was not the experience we had the first visit about a year ago. Perhaps our burner was on the fritz but nothing every heated up quit right and the consistency of the sauces was off. So, we have had an excellent evening and an average. We may give it another try sometime.Special Features:
- Proposal NighterfectDRSKLSDined on 8/10/2014I proposed on this night (she said yes) and it was a very romantic time. The waitress was excellent and the privacy booth was perfect for the occasion. The food was also excellent and was just an all around great experience. We will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pr1ncess5230Dined on 8/10/2014Never had thought of this place as a kid friendly restaurant, but I took my children (14 and 7) for a special occasion. The waitress was great! I had been there before but my children obviously had not and she did great explaining the menu and how to cook things to them. They loved it...especially dessert!! Have always highly recommened this place but now I have another reason to tell people why to come. Thanks so much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014After being seating in a less than ideal table for a romantic meal, we were changed to one of the private booths, as requested in our reservation. As always, the food was excellent and we had a very private, romantic, and relaxing dining experience. Our waiter was attentive, but not annoying. He was polite and subtle when entering the booth. Our only complaint was the music volume. It was loud for a romantic meal. I believe we were seated near a speaker. We asked, the waiter attempted to reduce the volume. We were told that, because the volume was for an entire half of the restaurant, they did not want to reduce it too much. I understood, but have never known anyone to complain at a restaurant like this that the volume was too low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We were given a gift certificate by some folks to the Melting Pot. We had never been before. We had a quiet isolated table and really enjoyed the food. It was a 2 hour dining experience that we will not soon forget!Special Features:
- loveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I always get the 4 course and end up very satisfied and full. Everything is so yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PepperyPepperyDined on 8/6/2014My 12 year old grandson has wanted to visit for 3 months. I took him midweek. We had Cheese Fondue. He then ordered the Chicken. I had the Sirloin. The waitress was friendly, but she put far too much worcestershire sauce in the cheese fondue. It was bitter and overpowering. The sirloin had so much pepper that it caused me to cough when I ate it. I gave my grandson a bite and he coughed as well. The waitress should warn people that the steak is very peppery before someone spends premium pricingSpecial Features:
- Timer appDineFor2Dined on 8/5/2014I think it would enhance the experience if there was a IPad app or another Electronic device where someone could enter what they placed in the fondue pot that is labeled (1,2,3) and input what they place in and would get a quite alarm that the food is safe to eat. I did find it hard to have a conversation while thinking about if I get sea food in needs to be in for 1.5 minutes and the steak I placed on the another fondue fork need to be in 2 minutes. It is hard to concentrate on a conversation, this would help by keeping "just right" or undercooked esp. I just felt it was hard to have a conversation when the entree was given. I know that is the experience, but feel conversation is the biggest reason for spending that amt. of $ on a nightSpecial Features:
- Great place revisitedgoddessdinesDined on 8/3/2014It has been a while since we have been to the Melting Pot but we so enjoyed our unrushed time with family as we cooked our meal and chatted. Our waiter was always available but did not hover around us and we certainly did not feel rushed. It is a great way to celebrate life together.Special Features:
- Food...ColombianIndyDined on 7/31/2014amazing! It's a place where you take you love for a romantic evening with GREAT service, GREAT wine, and the food...again AMAZING!!! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Job, Melting PotJMcDeeDined on 7/26/2014I had a reunion with my cousin that i havn't seen in over 20 years! It truely was an amazing experince and agreed that this will be our choice everytime we get together from now on! All the food was a delight! Fresh! Fun! Definatly 5 stars in our opinion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date niteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014It was my date first time going there and I've been there few times. He absolutely enjoyed himself and it was a great date nite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great couple nightmichindtxDined on 7/23/2014The Melting Pot is a wonderful place where the dining experience is unique, the atmosphere is elegant, and the food is well prepared. The fondue four course meal is an excellent choice with the chocolate fondue being the highlight. The service was excellent and made you feel that they truly wanted you to take your time and enjoy the evening.Special Features:
- Melting Pot Success 07/20/2014TonyLoriCDined on 7/20/2014Made reservations thru OpenTable & these were honored without question. Not an inexpensive establishment but perfect for special occasions. Had a pre-meal cocktail in the bar & bartender gave some dinning menu suggestions. He nailed the marinated sirloin as one of the best proteins on the menu! Waitress (Nikki) was exceptional in explaining the fondue menu, process & cooking recommendations. She was extremely helpful, attentive, professional & engaging. We thoroughly enjoyed her service. Food was outstanding & portions were more than enough for the both of us. Thank you for making our 32 year wedding anniversary dinner relaxing & enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperiencephoffaDined on 7/18/2014We come to the Melting Pot for our annual mom/daughter date night. It has become a tradition and we have a nice experience each time we dine at this restaurant. We get the four course experience and can highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Very accommodating!Fondue4UsDined on 7/17/2014My 14 year old daughter was bringing a friend to celebrate her birthday. They wanted to sit at a separate table for privacy, but yet we still wanted to be close by. I noted on the Open Table reservations our request for 2 tables near each other to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I couldn't have asked for a better location - we basically had our own small room with a wall dividing our booths, so it gave the girls their privacy but yet we were together. It was my daughter's first time at The Melting Pot - we only had the dessert fondue, and she LOVED it! And they brought a lit candle for her to blow out, so that was special. Thanks for accommodating our special occasion!Special Features:
- Major DisappointmentIndyGoTellDined on 7/13/2014My wife heard about this place thought it would be fun, different treat for our anniversary, so I made reservations with OpenTable. I knew it was going to be expensive for us, but I wanted to spoil her. We dressed to kill. It took 7 minutes from the time we walked in the door until a worker even came to the front. It was more than 5 more minutes before anyone spoke to us! We were seated late even though it was a slow night with many empty tables. At the table, we never received napkins or a wine list. When we asked for the drink list the waiter made a suggestion and barely gave us the opportunity to accept. He conveniently chose the most expensive glasses on the list. Not once did we feel welcomed or comfortable. Do avoid this place.
- Great place for celebrationBRfanDined on 7/13/2014Once again the Melting Pot served as the perfect backdrop for an annual friends' celebration. The food has never disappointed and our waiter was super!Special Features:
- SandyDined on 7/12/2014I totally enjoyed our evening at The Melting Pot. It was a very special occasion - my 65th birthday. The waitress was great. The food was good. It couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner!SpecialEveningDined on 7/12/2014The Melting Pot as always delivers! Your staff continues to treat my wife and I like we are the best guests ever! We frequent your restaurant a few times a year for special occassions and you never cease to amaze me with your kindness, professionalism, and great customer service! We will return at some point soon I'm sure.Special Features:
- Lovely night outchickenpieDined on 7/12/2014Lovely, delicious meal. Romantic ambiance in table for two. We left full but not stuffed. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great special occasion spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I have been to the melting pot twice now and both times were wonderful. It is on the expensive side but the food and service is great. The chocolate...to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its Worth It!MemoryMakerDined on 7/11/2014The cuisine was wonderful, as always. A unique and indulgent treat each visit. Many choices to make with the menu and making a mistake is not a factor. The wine pairs were fun and a delicious addition to each course. The atmosphere was relaxed and intimate. The service was efficient and attentive. Looking forward to our next celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014AMAZING! This restaurant was absolutely great! The service was amazing and we felt special. Our waitress was also amazing. We will absolutely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.