One Walden Galleria Suite TH 119
Buffalo, NY 14225Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Buffalo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/buffalo/welcome
- Phone: (716) 685-6358
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: MAKE YOUR EVENING EXTRA SPECIAL WITH ONE OF OUR CELEBRATION PACKAGES!
Balloon Bouquet - $16.95
Surprise your guest with a bouquet of three balloons and a commemorative photo that is printed and framed before you leave.
Single Rose Package - $19.95
One rose in a vase with a commemorative photo that is printed and framed before you leave.
Half Dozen Rose Arrangement - $29.95
Six roses in a vase with a commemorative photo that is printed and framed before you leave.
One Dozen Rose Arrangement - $45.95
Twelve roses in a vase with and commemorative that is printed and framed before you leave.
Prices subject to change on holidays or special event nights. Please note a 12 hour notice is required for all packages.
Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie.
Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- DiasppointingDaMADined on 11/15/2014My wifw and I have been to the Melting Pot several times before and were generally pleased with the service and the food. However, this time we were a bit disappointed. We ordered the 3 course meal (cheese fondue, salad, and desert fundue). We also paid the extra for the additional meat items for the cheese fondue. Well, with these extra tiems to dip, we ran out of cheese about half way through and had to eat the cold cuts without benefit of the cheese. Then the salads came and they were about the smallest salads I have ever seen. They tasted OK, but we finished them in about three fork fulls. The desert fondue was good, but we left feeling that we did not really get a full meal. In addition, I ordered the whiskey flight and one of the selections I ordered they were out of. And this was a featured cocktail! No excuse for that. I think we have taken Melting Pot off our list of restaurants wee will frequent.
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The service was wonderful and the food was really good and affordable. The original chocolate was the best part!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surprise birthday treatBritsAbroadDined on 11/11/2014We booked for my daughter's birthday and she was overjoyed when we sprung our surprise. This has been a restaurant she has wanted to visit for quite some time. We were given a very warm welcome and our entire experience was great. We all were totally stuffed by the end of the evening and that really surprised us, it must be the deliberate nature of cooking small mouthfuls and taking time to savour the experience. It was also a long dinner, we took about two and a half hours over our meal. Our server, Bradley was very engaging and personable, he made sure we were well looked after for the evening.Special Features:
- Sensational!fabfoodieDined on 11/8/2014The Melting Pot is a wonderful experience! There is such a great variety of fondues to choose from and the food is fresh and tasty. It is a very relaxing atmosphere and you can enjoy the occasion as there is plenty of time to indulge between courses. The shrimp are jumbo and the meats are very tender and well seasoned! I would highly recommend this dining treasure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatment!GNOdinersDined on 10/23/2014Great dining experience! Really made my daughter's 21st birthday special with champagne toast & birthday dessert! Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!joeysmom9911Dined on 10/23/2014Ive had dessert there before but this was my first dinner experience. The food was great, the whole experience was different but tons of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeGoodeatsDined on 10/23/2014Had a great time as always when me and my gf go here. Food was excellent and we left full as always😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!AmazingrestaurantDined on 10/21/2014We have had dinner here several times but last night was by far the best experience so far! Our waiter was amazing! Very knowledgable and fast and friendly! I would recommend coming here anytime! I can't wait to come back again. I wish I remembered the waiters name because we would request him everytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingmichelleDined on 10/18/2014This place is one of a kind ... Jimmy our waiter made the whole experience 100 times better We will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 out of 4....courses.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014The cheese and chocolate fondue were AMAZING. The salad and meat/vegetables were terrible.Special Features:
- Great fondue experienceGrtdiningexperienceDined on 10/14/2014This was our second visit to Melting Pot. The first time, we diid not have reservations and we only had time for the Cheese fondue and the house salad. We liked the food a lot, so we decided to go there to celebrate my late father's birthday, we did make reservations so we could partake of a dinner experience. We loved the house salad, so we ordered it again, and our waitress very kindly split the salad for us. My husband had the barbecue steak, and I had the salmon. Cooking the food ourselves was a new enjoyable experience for us, and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and serverLindz1012Dined on 10/12/2014Great ambiance. We felt like we were the only ones there! Our server Jimmy was awesome!!! The food was great this ugh a bit pricey it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!MalPalDined on 10/10/2014My boyfriend and I went out for our anniversary and to celebrate our new engagement and they made us feel so welcome!! Our server Andrew was great and wrote "happy 3rd anniversary" in chocolate on a couple plates for us and gave us complimentary champagne. The food was great and we spent over 2 hours there enjoying ourselves and never once feeling rushed like we needed to leave. I would absolutely go again and recommend it to others! And even though it's a little pricey it's grey for special occasions! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisneycruiserDined on 10/9/2014Our favourite restaurant! Delicious every time! Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014"Grace", our server was very helpful and courteous.outstanding .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious first time!CrisfDined on 10/4/2014Loved our first experience at The Melting Pot. It was our first time having fondue at a restaurant. The fully loaded baked potato cheese fondue was good, the vegetable broth meat fondue was very good. I especially loved the spiced filet mignon. The Turtles chocolate fondue was over the top! We went over lunch hour and I was surprised to see so many tables with children.The manager was very nice and stopped by to see how everything was. We were celebrating my fiancé's birthday and were surprised with complimentary champagne from our wonderful server Kelly. She was courteous, informative, attentive and helpful. She knowledgeably answered all of our questions and knew a lot about the menu. She made our experience thoroughly enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my first visitluv2dineDined on 10/3/2014I really enjoy the restaurant it was my first time dining there. ...I will return again. The service was great along with the food. ...I really enjoyed the teamwork the staff had with one another. .. Great that the manager showed up at the table to just make sure our food was good. ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring back the oldFoodieMamaDined on 9/28/2014Bring back the old Firsta cheese. Our server did a great job trying to replicate it and explained that it would be different because the salsa was different. So just letting you know there are still a lot of Fiesta fans around. Also salad sizes seemed to have been cut by 80%! What's with that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomesidawgDined on 9/27/2014best dinner date I've had a good place to take a special someone and it's a really fun dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent experience. New serverFonduefamDined on 9/25/2014Went I. For endless fondue with 3 kids. Server was new and forgot a lot of things. Very nice just not quite ready to be on her own. She had to read the menu to know the details of the 4 course....quietly standing there reading one word at a time aces times over with her concert under the words....felt bad for her she was so nervous. She forgot the bacon and scallions for the cheese fondue and fixing her errors took 10-15 minutes each time. Manager was great but not having the dippers quickly and waiting super super long between courses made it had to have "endless fondue" based on time alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMelmel1224Dined on 9/21/2014Two friends and I went for the unlimited fondue special and everything was amazing. And the ladies of whiskey drinks were delicious. I will definitely come again despite our bill being pretty hefty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerNightOutNeededDined on 9/21/2014We went to the Melting Pot again to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and our upcoming bundle of joy. The staff was very nice and attentive and made our evening very special. We went during the Endless Fondue promotion which is always wonderful and they did a special anniversary dessert decoration and champagne toast for hubby and ginger ale for mommy-to-be. We had a private booth for 2 which is always nice and quiet for conversation and the food was excellent as always. We will definitely be returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!happylady23Dined on 9/20/2014Was recently at The Melting Pot for my anniversary and I had the most amazing experience. The staff was polite and friendly. The food was amazing and the ambiance was perfect. I would recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a special night out with a loved one, friends or family.Special Features:
- Great experienceAnonymous15Dined on 9/17/2014The food here was very good. It was something different having to cook your own food at a restaurant. Servers there were very friendly and helpful and explaining everything about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up!Vrishell1Dined on 9/16/2014Very nice experience! Quality all the way around! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- overall a very pleasing experienceyumyumDined on 9/12/2014We were a party of 4 celebrating an anniversary and an engagement. We had reservations so we were seated immediately. This was all our 1st time there and the staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. The food was delish...from the cheese fondue to the chocolate fondue and while it is a process to eat here, we all left full and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting pot satisfiedLoveforfondueDined on 9/12/2014Our experience at the Melting Pot was excellent. Our server Andrew was amazing...it was our first time here and he took the time to explain everything. He also went the extra mile as it was our anniversary and made the night that much more enjoyable!!! Thank you Andrew!! We are definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a lovely time.smittenkittenDined on 9/12/2014I've been here before with girlfriends so I decided to take my hubby here for our anniversary. We had so much fun and he was so impressed by the food. Definitely worth the drive from Toronto and crossing the border into Buffalo, NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience the FondueBangForYourBuckDined on 9/11/2014If you've never fondued, this is a great experience. And that's what the melting pot is about, the experience. The food is very good, but is not a scaled appropriately to the cost. $50 a head in a 3 star atmosphere. Service was phenomenal, waitress and all staff were very friendly and courteous. Expect to be there for at least 2 hours, and please don't bring your kids here like the table across from us did. Make sure you try the teriyaki steak. Overall, very good food but not a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Out!!2hungrygirlsDined on 9/6/2014This is by far my favourite place to eat. I live in Canada and love when I have the opportunity to come here to have dinner. We make a day of it. Shop all day and end it with great food and drinks. The atmosphere is pleasant. The staff so friendly and fun. I could come here for just the cheese and chocolate fondue alone. The kick off fall deal made it affordable and the options where plentiful. The Alpine cheese was to die for. I love the bread, vegetable and apple selection. I liked that the salad course was not overwhelming in size. It was light and perfect. The meat selection was amazing as there was a variety to choose from. Save the best for last. The chocolate. This time tried the cookies and cream. So yummy. I will back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightdoopaDined on 9/5/2014Great night, food and excellent service! So glad we decided to go there for dinner, can't wait to go back. Our server was great, lots of fun & knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Our server was amazing , she made the experience! It was our first time and she was very informative, helpful and took the time to treat us with respect! The food was great to but even if the good was so so we would still come back for the service! I wish I could remember her name to ask for her next time we come for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a nice night outFooddudeDined on 9/4/2014Had a nice night at our first melting pot experience! Very quiet and secluded booth ( wasn't expecting it, but it was very nice ) was little warm though with no air flow. Food was great, was great with a four course meal. Was very full after!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good except...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Everything was wonderful. The only suggestion I would have is either clean the mushrooms or wipe the dirt off them. This should already be done. Thanks.Special Features:
- Always a treatPBHMDined on 9/3/2014Have been many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Always goodBufalogalDined on 8/31/2014The service is always excellent, and the food is fun to prepare and consistently good.Special Features:
- Love this place!MellieDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant should be a must try for everyone. This is my all time favorite restaurant. My only complaint is wishing I could have a private quiet table every time. I go knowing it will be a 2-3 hour dinner and a nice bottle of wine or 2 :). I find when the restaurant is busy it gets very loud and I prefer quieter a atmosphere. This is definitely not the restaurants fault... its just the way it goes. My second "dislike" with any restaurant is feeling rushed which never happens at The Melting Pot. I've been here many times and always had outstanding service. The managers are always walking around welcoming people as well which is a nice touch. My only recommendation to The Melting Pot would be a selfish one. To sell your candied pecans :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls nightMinnieC1289Dined on 8/30/2014Perfect for a girls night. Waiter was fantastic. Food was great from presentation to taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a fun place to take the kidsKFshopperDined on 8/30/2014The girls had a great time and was something fun and different after a day of shopping.Special Features:
- A Family EveningCanadianfamilyof4Dined on 8/27/2014This was our first experience with fondue. I found all the staff very friendly and helpful to ensure our evening was a success. The fact that the meal takes time to cook allowed our family to have a relaxed dinner together. I also found that I did not eat as much as I would have with a prepared meal as I had time to digest each course instead of just gulping it down. The price of the wine was also reasonable. It would be great if your site noted the length of time a meal usually takes because it may affect what time reservations are made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.