The Melting Pot - Brea
375 W Birch St #1
Brea, CA 92821Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Brea
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/brea/specials
- Phone: 7146716000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Fondue
- Executive Chef: Sergio Morales/ Shane Schaibly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot has private rooms for groups of 10-52 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Adrienne Bennett, Brea@OCFondue.com 7146716000
- Special Events: Set menus are required for parties of 11 or more people. We offer multi-course party menu options to help make your dinner celebration a memorable dining experience.
A word from The Melting Pot - Brea
The Melting Pot is the premier fondue restaurant. Enjoy four courses of fondue, fine wine, and fun with your friends, family and colleagues. Savory cheese fondues, entrees cooked tableside that include filet mignon, lobster, and ahi just to name a few, and decadent chocolate fondue for dessert all melt into a unique dining experience. The Melting Pot has several creative martinis and a selection of over 300 fine wines to enhance your dining experience. Intimate booths for two or private rooms for 10+ are available nightly. The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Brea - Best Restaurants in Brea ›
The Melting Pot - Brea reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (56)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (20)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We paid extra for Melting Pot to make it romantic, and it sure was. We were away from others and there were rose pedals all over our table. The owner even came to great us and our occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyHappyDined on 8/29/2014We had a verry nice time at Melting Pot on 8/29/14 . We had a super waiter...CHRIS.JuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again superRichardDined on 8/24/2014We had again dinner and it was great. The 4 course dinner is so great and so much that you will talk a while about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food is always great but u cook it urself! So leads to the service.. Dirty dishes were left!! Drinks no refilled.. Out of wine from their wine list!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biggest Joke EverJax213Dined on 8/22/2014Do not eat here. This place is overpriced and the food is 5 notches below mediocre.
- wonderfulabe18Dined on 8/17/2014Had a grate, time food was terrific and dessirt was the best part. Not cheap but you're paying for the experiencesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll stick with the irvine locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We really love this place and this was our first time trying the brea location. Our waiter forgot our waters the entire time, he forgot my wine then he forgot the extra plate we asked for twice. He was very friendly and maybe a bit busy, but the restaurant should have scheduled their employees accordingly. For the amount of money you spend here, you should be taken care of. I will continue going to the irvine location where I have always had wonderful service and sadly I will not return to the brea location again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!HFamilyfoodiesDined on 8/9/2014Our server was amazing. We are a bunch of foodies and he was amazing accommodating our requests and answering our questions with a smile. great place, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The restaurant was beautiful, food was delicious but our server talked too fast, seemed impatient and only checked on us once. Told her we were there to celebrate my daughters enlistment in the U.S. Navy and she could care less. It was our first time and we were a little lost at first, but we ended up figuring it out. I would definitely come back, but hopefully have a new server....tip needs to be earned!Special Features:
- CommentsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Overall - we had a wonderful time. The food was just as good as everyone told us that it would be. The choices and varieties were great. Service was wonderful. And for the quality of the whole experience, I personally feel the prices are very fair.Special Features:
- Mmmmmmelting PotSt8zeeDined on 7/20/2014We went to the Melting Pot in Brea for my mother's Birthday. Everything was wonderful and delicious. The atmosphere is fantastic and we really enjoyed ourselves. We had a nice leisurely three course meal over a three hour span, so we were really able to enjoy the conversation, the food, drinks and each other. It was nice to be able to have a rose sitting at the table and she received a Birthday chocolate covered strawberry. I loved booking through Open Table and I am eager to make use of it in the future.Special Features:
- DisappointedLsmfnpDined on 7/20/2014Worst dining experience ever. Raw meat told to use our phone to time it. Unfortunately we had 1 phone and 5 people. Potatoes came ice cold and did not finish cooking during our meal. Overpriced for a horrendous meal
- Nice ExperiencettgarvDined on 7/19/2014Went to the restaurant for a Birthday dinner. As always a very unique experience. Nice atmosphere, nice food, but the service was bit slow and incomplete. Not a reflection on the restaurant, but a reflection on the service ..... he possibly had to many table to tend to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great overall experienceGeneDined on 7/19/2014Have dined here a few times, and I always leave satisfied. Took my 9 year old triplets and they loved the cooking their food at the table. It was a little chaotic helping then, but a great.family experience. Good was great, as well as the service, just allow a little more time than normalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner With FriendsdinnerwithfriendsDined on 7/15/2014I've been to the Melting Pot Brea many times. Only one time was I disappointed. The manager invited us back and things were just as I expected, wonderful. I truly enjoy a leisurely meal at Melting Pot, visiting with friends and enjoying good food. Thanks again!Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTEDDined on 7/1/2014I HAD THE ALL BEEF MEAL. THE FILET WAS GOOD, BUT THE SIRLOINS WERE VERY TOUGH, NOT GOOD AT ALL THEY NEED A BETTER GRADE OF SIRLOIN OR DON'T OFFER ITSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting potKbreen34Dined on 6/28/2014I took my wife out for her birthday and I made reservations with 3 roses for a center piece! The food was okay, and we waited 45 minutes to get out dinner! When we left we were getting into the car when my wife noticed she had forgotten the flowers, we went back to get them and the waitreses had them in the front askingm eachother who was going to take them home! I thought it was rude for them not to wait to see if we would call it come back for them!Special Features:
- Great food but was overchargedcheyDined on 6/27/2014The food was amazing, I got the 4 course meal with my boyfriend and everything filled us up because it was that good. The service was great everyone was nice. The only downfall is I got overcharged on my card, I paid most of the bill with cash and only like 4 bucks on my card but I was charged the whole amount of the bill on my card which I noticed when I got home. This just happened last night and I called today about it and I guess only the manager can talk to me about this so I left my name and number with the receptionist and she said he will call me back same day and I never got a call yet, I'm still waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGreatexperience1Dined on 6/27/2014Went with friends for a bday. Overall experience was awesome. Great food great service restaurant was clean and the ambience was beautiful. I'm definitely going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable626izzyDined on 6/27/2014The Service was great and the food was awesome! We loved itSpecial Features:
- Not Happy with the Melting Pot-BreanewtoCaliDined on 6/27/2014As a family we go to the Melting Pot for special occasions a few times a year. The Melting Pot-Brea was a first time visit, and what turned out to be a disappointing one. Our server was just not attentive in the least. Because some of our party was having a tough decision deciding the main course, we gave her our cheese order first. From our experience with the Melting Pot, it took a extended time for her to come back with the cheese. For the main course the cooking pots were brought out at the same time that the food was brought out, so we had to wait a bit for the pots to heat up enough to begin cooking-this has never happened before. These are the major points that come to mind - just not happy will not be going back to this Melting Pot.
- OverratedUnimpressedDined on 6/26/2014I've heard a lot about this place. Food is great but skewering raw pieces of meat and waiting for them to boil is not my idea of a good time, especially with the prices. I'd get dessert again but this is definitely not a place to which I'll return for an entree.Special Features:
- AmazingsigkapgirlDined on 6/20/2014I spent my birthday at The Melting Pot in Brea. It was the best dinner I had on my birthday in a long time. It was incredibly perfect and I would gladly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for a Special OccasionGfromOCDined on 6/20/2014We went to celebrate the achievements of several straight-A students (between 9-11 y.o.). They had a BLAST and felt special. The moms had a great time, too. The food is delicious, the wine decadent, and service impeccable. When the bill came, I lost my breath for a second……it was quite expensive! We were charged a la carte and per person for the appetizers, main course, and dessert. (E.G. $9.50 x 7 for spinach and artichoke cheese fondue). The cost for three moms and four girls was $320 (only one bottle of wine for $28 was part of this cost) without including tip. But, it was a very special occasion honoring some superb kids, so it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerRomanticDined on 6/15/2014This is always a great place for a quiet romantic dinner.Special Features:
- YummyZoeyDined on 6/15/2014Food was good, but pricey. Took dad their for father's day and they were half hour to closing. My dad asked for coffee and they didn't have any left brewed. So, instead they brought him an espresso, which he didn't want. Service was okay but it took to long between courses and it took us 3 hours to eat our 4 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for a date or celebrationNotafoodieDined on 6/15/2014The cheese and chocolate fondue is amazing. The "main course" meats are good but a lot of work to cook yourself. They do have separate full entrees that look good, but I have never tried them. I recommend going for drinks, cheese and chocolate and skip the main course. If you do the main course (or Melting Pots' 4 course meal) then have plenty of time on your hands because it is a slow process. This is an ideal spot for a date since dipping and cooking give you something to do while getting to know someone.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day Dinner!eatmoreDined on 6/15/2014What a great Father's Day dinner for just my wife and I (no kids!)! Everything was great! We want to go back soon just to get cheese and chocolate.Special Features:
- great father's daydiningloverVIPDined on 6/15/2014Had a wonderful meal for Father's Day. Great that they opened earlier. We love the choices of cheese fondue and the beef for the entree was even better than before. We always have terrific servers. Prompt, attentive, and friendly servers. No place else seems to have servers that spend time with you and triple check, at the least, if you need anything else. Management makes a point to stop by, say hi and check on you as well. I would recommend for lunch as well as dinner but they don't open for lunch -- the only problem we have with them. Highest of marks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedPugsleyDined on 6/14/2014The potions were small and expensive. Ordering was confusing. Our whole party did not like the meal except for desert. How can you mess up chocolate. If you go there, go for desert only. I will never go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Melting pot was a nice place to celebrate birthday. Quiet booths, but energy around. Easy to talk with our group. Service was excellent, they brought us what we wanted , checked on us frequently and had a friendly attitude. The cheese fondue was awesome. We had spinach and artichoke with fontina cheese, Very tasty with vegetables and bread. The meat wasn't as good, I think mainly because we had to wait for it to sit in the bouillon and sort of boil.. I think the oil would have been better, Overall we had a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experience, but meat so socoryDined on 6/6/2014This is a fun experience cooking your own food at your table. It's pricey, like $100 for a couple, but it's a 2 hour meal. The cheese and deserts are excellent, but the meat by itself and the salads are so so.
- Great b-day dinner for group of 8NaytVIPDined on 6/1/2014We had a big group and they set us up in a private room just off the bar area. It was great to just hang out, chat and enjoy the meal with friends and family. Great food, wonderful service, relaxed atmosphere - just an absolute pleasurable experience. We did the 4 course meal and the timing on everything was just right - was a great 2 hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerFood4thoughtDined on 5/30/2014Server was amazing, very outgoing, and extremely knowledgeable about the menu and pairings. Made being a first time dinner experience a breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dinner spotChowhoundDined on 5/30/2014Nice meal. Great service. Fun place to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. The desserts are fabulous!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014I have never been in a restaurant that serves so little food. Beware: go there after eating home. I am not sure that they even put half a pound of cheese in that fondue. Otherwise, food quality is good and service is nice.
- It was oknikarlaDined on 5/16/2014Unchis was my second visit here. This time we waited about 20 minutes for our server. I don't know if this was because they seemed busy and that's why they were delayed. With having a reservation we still had to wait to be seated about 10 minutes. No complaints about the food. They should change there booth. When you sat down It felt that you sunked down. Uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money!Lovetoeat125Dined on 5/12/2014We went here for our anniversary and didnt have a good experience. For the money I would have thought it would have been better. Our service was terribly slow. I felt bad because the waiter said he had only started a month ago, but waiting 20 minutes after we were done with a course (we did the 4 course option) for the next one was so long. Portions were small. We had to share one pot to cook our food and it mixed the flavors of my Cajun seasoned food and my husbands who doesn't like spicy. Each person should be able to get there own burner instead having to share all kinds of flavors into one. Just not worth the money! Do cheese and chocolate at home!Special Features:
- Nice Mother's Day Giftbhabc123Dined on 5/11/2014The Melting Pot in Brea was a nice experience for Mother's Day. Though a bit pricey for a "where should we go out to eat today" dinner for us, it is very, very nice for a different type of dining experience and special occasion. The service was great, food was good.Special Features:
- Don't go on a holiday!davemVIPDined on 5/11/2014Went for lunch on Mother's Day. Service was dismal -- lunch took 3.5 hours! Fondue usually takes longer, but it was PAINFULLY slow. The waitress was nice and meant well. But there was ZERO supervision. The manager, while at the restaurant, was no where to be found. He hadn't a clue on how my tables, and others around me, were being serviced. A ship without a captain... For example, it took 60 minutes for our appetizer (cheese fondue) to be brought the the table! 3.5 hours. Wow. I would NEVER recommend anyone going to The Melting Pot in Brea on a holiday. I have been several times, on regular evenings, and is has been very good. But it will be a LONG time before even think of about going back.