The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
76 Arlington St.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/boston-back-bay/specials
- Phone: 6173577007x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 2:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European, Continental
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Arlington and Columbus
- Public Transit: Stops Green Line to Arlington
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking is available for $10 at the 200 Stuart Street Garage, adjacent to the Revere Hotel (formerly Radisson Hotel).
Rate is valid for up to three hours after 3 p.m. weekdays and anytime weekends with chaser ticket provided at The Melting Pot.
A word from The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
Welcome to The Melting Pot. We offer a truly unique dining experience created by the art of fondue. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for cheese fondue paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (34)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Unique find in BostonPittyman67Dined on 9/8/2014Was going to try the Melting Pot whilst in Chicago however Trip Advisor reviews put us firmly off. The same can't be said for Boston. A very enjoyable experience at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- A fun place to goGreatDined on 9/8/2014We had a great time at be Melting Pot. We had two kids with us and they gave us our own room. It was perfect. The food was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary and date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went to the Melting Pot for our anniversary. This is a terrific place to go after theater or a night on the town in general for a quiet, delicious meal. Perfect when you are not in a hurry and want to relax and enjoy each others company. The combination of a quiet atmosphere, and the fun fondues for each course make this a lovely romantic setting. I'd recommend to anyone celebrating an anniversary or any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!LeslieHajiDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I travelled to Boston for our anniversary. I have always loved fondue and was excited to hear about The Melting Pot. Everything was wonderful from the moment we walked in. We had a four course tasting menu and everything was lovely. It was fun and interactive. Thanks for an amazing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service!judelly7Dined on 9/6/2014We were visiting Boston for the weekend and decided to stop by the Melting Pot, which we have been to a number of times in Chicago. The staff was wonderfully helpful and friendly, especially our server, Hannah. We would happily visit the Melting Pot on our next trip to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hannah is AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Our server Hannah made the trip to the Melting Pot better than expected. I have been to the Melting Pot a few times and always have agreat time. However, Hannah made this visit even more wonderful!
- Awesome Birthday DinnerMaddieDined on 9/5/2014My boyfriend and I came to the Melting Pot last week to celebrate my birthday and we had an amazing time! The servers were quick and attentive and I even got several "Happy birthday" wishes! The food was nothing short of delicious, and although it's a rather pricey restaurant, it's definitely worth it for special occasions!Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014app and entree were good and well timed. We sat for 15 mins after we finished our main dish awaiting the server. then she came back and offered us desert, which was good since we were doing DineOut Boston and that was part of the deal. She disappeared another 5mins to get a menu and to check what was offered for the deal. then disappeared for 5 minute before we could put in our order. Got the choc and then waited. the hostess brought our check and ran the card. we were standing up leaving and our waitress suddently reappeared asking if we wanted our bill.....Special Features:
- Love love love!!!!MaineacDined on 8/22/2014We have been to a Melting Pot before but this experience was even better . Gluten free menu was great-even had gf bread for the cheese fondue and gf cake and brownies for the chocolate fondue. They didn't disappoint . Our waitress was fun and attentive. We will definitely be back the next time we are in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely timeKandJforbrunchVIPDined on 8/18/2014Our waiter Brian was very good - not too intrusive but certainly helpful. The only complaint is that the chicken was a bit sinewy and the potatoes were sliced too large to cook well. We had them immersed in the pot the whole entree time and they still didn't cook.
- Melting Pot - Restaurant Weekjmalk125Dined on 8/17/2014My experience at the Melting Pot was less than stellar. This was my first time going and probably my last. Our waitress seemed new but also didn't put in the effort with our table. She put the burner on incorrectly for both the main course and dessert. She didn't check on our table at all unless we specifically called her over, including having to ask her for more waters. She also got two of the our three orders wrong. The entire time lapse over the course of the meal was 3 hours. We had to wait 45 minutes just for her to clear our table and bring out dessert menus. Needless to say I will not be going back.Special Features:
- After Dinner come heresteakhousereviewDined on 8/16/2014Though the food was not bad it was little messy and kind of a pain. But it was not all bad. The MElting Pot is perfect place to head after dinner for Drinks and Desert. The desert was amazing the Chocolate Fondue and all the stuff you can dip was amazing. Have some wine, beer, or dessert drinks with some melted chocolate,Special Features:
- Third time theresjlhdDined on 8/8/2014Food, quality, ambience, were great. Service was very slow and the waitress didn't show up for a half hour on multiple occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe just a bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014The food quality wasn't good. The veggies were cut so small. The quality of the Italian meats was lower than even anything that you could get in a supermarket like Star Market or Stop & Shop. The bread tasted stale. I was surprised that the cheese for the fondue was shredded. The potatoes still had roots & black spots. The broccoli tasted like it was pre-seasoned-too much pepper? Weird vibe. Everyone seemed really nervous like something was going on. The Coq au vin cooking style was the best part of the night with teriyaki sirloin.
- Perfect for any special night!cheeseconnoisseurDined on 7/31/2014Went here for a friends birthday and shared fine wine with good company around pots of molten cheese. Really, how much more could you ask for out of life?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tradition to Good to BreakSamiDined on 7/29/2014I have been coming here with my boyfriend every year for our anniversary and the Melting Pot has never disappointed. Wait staff is always courteous and beyond willing to help (even getting us extra dippers!) We get cheese fondue, salads and chocolate fondue which is more than enough food - I can't imagine eating a whole entree too! Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- What an experienceDublin2thebeanDined on 7/27/2014Went here for a dinner to celebrate an anniversary, was not disappointed. We went for the four course dining experience, it was a great way to test what te melting pot had to offer. The alpine cheese fondue was excellent, ceasar slald was tasty, and the mains (pacific rim, land and sea) were outstanding. The chocolate fondue was the star though. After the first three course I didn't think I would fit another bite in, but our flaming turtle came out and there was no stopping me! Now that I have tries this place I think I will be stopping in for some cheese and chocolate from time to time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time as usualJamesDined on 7/25/2014The food was great. Melting pot does a great job for special occasions or just romantic surprises. They allow you to include roses or other romantic items to surprise your significant other when you make your reservation. When we arrived at the table a rose was already waiting for my date. The food itself is consistently good. The staff is knowledgeable. The atmosphere is very relaxed. It's a perfect spot for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent last night in BostonMelanieNZDined on 7/19/2014The Melting Pot was a wonderful experience like none other. My sister and I dined there on our last night in Boston and it was a great way to remember a lovely city. They were able to cater to our needs and we tried the Cheddar and Alpine Swish fondues, as well as the Pure chocolate fondue. Yum yum yum! Cheese and apple - who would have thought. The best part of the experience was being able to see the fondue being made at our table and the server talking us through what she was doing. All in all, great restaurant! Make sure you reserve a table, it's a hot-spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After MeltmhtparrothdDined on 6/28/2014Dessert selection was great and very tasty. Dinner not so muchSpecial Features:
- Cold, Moderate and not so friendlyCheapwineandpickuplinesDined on 6/21/2014My Boyfriend and I went to the melting pot on a Saturday-- it was a 9:00 reservation.We sat in a booth, but the air was freezing that was blowing on us the entire time.Our waitress did an awful job of explaining the way the menu works, and she was annoyed when we didn't want to order right away. The cheese dip was way too garlicky, and wasn't warm.We got our "hot pot" style dinner and the duck I got was tasty, but the rest and all the sauces were a set thing- we couldn't order one serving for the two of us, we had to get 2 ( waste of food and money) after dinner, we were asked if we would be looking into the dessert menu. We ordered dessert and the chocolate was cold the entire time. wouldn't recommend, but i still need to use my groupon.Special Features:
- good place5252Dined on 6/21/2014We took our 6 year old here. My husband was happy with the portions and the food was great. The kids menu is a great value. I wish they had some other options as well. The salads were a bit small though. Overall we would come back again.Special Features:
- Great for date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014This place is great for date night, you can get a private table in lovers lane that is very cozy and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a relaxing mealKellyIVIPDined on 6/2/2014With an attentive but not overbearing server, great fondue and a quiet atmosphere, this is a great place for business meetings or just a quiet night out.Special Features:
- Pleasant experience!AnitaDined on 5/24/2014The service was impeccable and the food delicious! Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- The following 289 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay reviews archive.
- Everything was as good as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Service was good, food was good. We've been to Melting Pot many times and this was the first time I didn't feel good after I ate, not sure what caused the problem, but I had to run to the bathroom after we got home.Special Features:
- Good for dessertJameswayDined on 5/17/2014Service was very good, quiet, relaxing dining atmosphere, but not quite what I had expected. You have to cook your own food which was a huge turnoff. When they say select your cooking style had no idea that the food would be brought out uncooked. I had never "fondued" before so it was all new to me. I loved the dessert fondue though, which was melted chocolate with brownie bits, strawberries, and other goodies that were ideal dipped in chocolate. Would recommend for dessert only, but that's it.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Confusing pricing on the menu. 4 table burners, waitress forgot to light 2, and another burned dry before food arrived. Needed more clear explanation of meat platters, instructions. Salads not good, limp greens. Staff spilled salads on carpet next to our table in the lane of traffic - wasn't cleaned up for at least 15 minutes - embarrassing for the restaurant. Three big screen TV's in the small dining room - felt like a sports bar. Took a real long time for the waitress to come get the credit card after the bill was delivered - some in the party couldn't wait and left ahead of others - not what we wanted. This was a graduation celebration dinner for a family of 11 who travelled up to 4 hours just for this dinner - real disappointed.
- Make sure to ask if it's a holiday!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014Disappointed that they had a limited menu with no tapas available. I called to change the reservation and no one told me that with it being a holiday (which Mother's Day is not really) that there would be a limited menu. Also, the only reason we went was because of a gift certificate that we then found out we couldn't use because it was a "holiday". Overall disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Delicious food. Fun fondue. Small portions of food thoughSpecial Features:
- Yummy and funAarongrn14Dined on 4/12/2014Fighting for space in the boiling broth or to get that last bit of delicious chocolate in the bottom of the pot, a wonderful dining experience is to be had! Food choices lean heavy on seafood but they graciously adjusted to meet your needs! Food was delicious and the array of sauces made every bite different! I went with a few of my guy friends and had a blast but I know going on a romantic date here would be even more enjoyable! Be prepared to spend a bit of money but they announced good deals for cheese/dessert specials at happy hour, which were my favorite courses! But the money is worth it and I will excitedly go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful servicecaliforniastarDined on 4/12/2014The food at this restaurant is great. I have been here two times before this but took my husband as a special occasion because he had never tried it. The selection is tremendous and the portions are just right. It takes a good 2 hours for a 4 course meal though so make sure you have time set aside for that. Service was great, they worked wonderful together as a team and cleaned up after each course promptly. Quiet and the ambiance was dark and romantic. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightAfroninjaDined on 4/11/2014The melting pot has specific corner booths set up especially for 2 people. I took my girlfriend there this past Friday and we both loved it. Very romantic and not too expensive, though it can add up quickly. Highly recommended for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, awful musicbrunchDined on 4/10/2014the sinatra was fine, but then some pretty painful lounge music after thatSpecial Features:
- The Melting Pot of Boston/BackAnniversaryDined on 4/10/2014The Melting Pot of Boston/Back Bay is a romantic fondue restaurant. It was a great experience for celebrating our 4th Anniversary. I love fondue and I have been in many restaurants like that. However it was the first time for my husband. He loved the surprise and we had a great time! I would recommend the romantic package for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before a showAlnh38Dined on 4/5/2014Went to The Melting Pot before a show. Great dining experience. Good food, good service, good atmosphere . Recommend allowing 2 hours if doing the full 4 course meal. Short walk to all of the theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2014I have been to the restaurant many times before in other cities and it does not compare. I usually order the same thing every time so I know basically how big each dish should be and at this one theft were so small! Usually it's plenty of good to share with a partner but it was barely enough for just one person.Special Features:
- Lackluster serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014After making a reservation for an anniversary dinner weeks in advance, we were not seated in the private area but in the regular area where it was difficult to hear (screaming children) and we had a much less than attentive server. We sat for 30 minutes after we had finished eating our dinner and he did not even come back to the table, but sent a busboy to take our final course order instead. Food was great, service, not so much.
- Good but does not compare to NYJeffDined on 3/23/2014We've been to the NY Farmingdale melting pot many times. Going to the Massachusetts Boston melting pot was disappointing. It took the waitress two times to make our cheese and she still got it wrong. The cheese wouldn't even stick to the dippers they fave us. So then I had to get a manager over to make it for us correctly. Also the waitress knocked over our bottle of wines as well. Finally after being there for an hour we were able to eat OUR FIRST COURSE!!! The food overall was good but the service really killed the experience that we are used to having. We'll stick to our NY location which has always been consistent and great!Special Features:
- Melting Pot hot spotMere26Dined on 3/19/2014First time at The Melting Pot, thought to bring the kids which wasn't a thoroughly thought through plan. Nonetheless the kids loved it. We especially enjoyed cooking our own food and dessert was amazing. The manager was very professional and especially generous to our little youngsters. Would definitely go again, maybe without the kids so we can actually try the wine and really appreciate the ambiance.Special Features: