The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
76 Arlington St.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/boston-back-bay/specials
- Phone: (617) 357-7007
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 2:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European, Continental
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Arlington and Columbus
- Public Transit: Stops Green Line to Arlington
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking is available for $10 at the 200 Stuart Street Garage, adjacent to the Revere Hotel (formerly Radisson Hotel).
Rate is valid for up to three hours after 3 p.m. weekdays and anytime weekends with chaser ticket provided at The Melting Pot.
A word from The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay
Welcome to The Melting Pot. We offer a truly unique dining experience created by the art of fondue. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for cheese fondue paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Melting Pot - Boston - Back Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (44)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (7)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Dream fuelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014The Melting Pot is so delicious you dream of it for weeks after. This last time I went, I got to take my book and relax with my fondues and salad. My server, Morgan, was new, but extremely attentive and helpful! The waits can be a bit long, but I think that's mostly because people end up chatting more than eating, and I noticed that more than a few people thought that taking about 85 pictures per morsel was necessary. Overall, it's an expensive treat, but very much worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Careful with KidsMattiDined on 11/16/2014Nothing specific to kids on the menu and I was with three 6 year olds, so I asked about kids and she said yes, they has kids portions for everything - we were doing just cheese and the meat. I asked fro the most mild cheese and they are cheese lovers and didn't touch it - too strong. They ate the bread, apples and carrots that came with it. Then their meat came and it was like 10 huge pieces each of meat they ate 1 or 2 of - a terrible waste. Then the bill came....one adult and 3 little ones having just the 2 courses and I was socked with $125 plus tip. Yikes. The kids had great fun, overall her service was good, and the food was excellent in terms of my taste - but what a disaster for my pocketbook and terribly wasteful in terms of all that meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Horrible service and experience. Will never go back
- Bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Out of both dry vermouth and sweet vermouth, strange for a bar. Very slow service! Restaurant was freezing, had to keep my jacket on the whole time. They had issues reading my 100$ gift card took almost 30 minutes to figure out the issue.Special Features:
- Very Quiet, Decent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/13/2014We were some of the only guests there, and sometimes too awhile for service despite that fact. Food was good, and of same consistency and quality as other Pots. Portions are good, and if you get the 4 course, plenty to eat. Good for special occasions or small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLovetoeatDined on 11/11/2014I expected a lot more. Service was slow and not very polite. The food was very low quality, it was all very tasteless. The best part of the night was the company if my friends, and the over priced bottle of wine. I should have known better than to go to chain restaurant.Special Features:
- An eating eventAnneDined on 11/8/2014A dining experience for a special occasion or to make an occasion special. Service was great, food was great and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- after show dinnerJB70VIPDined on 11/8/2014We arrived early for our reservation as the show ended sooner than expected. They took us even though we were early. It did fill up quickly. There were only a few wait staff on so it was backing up. In fact our waiter said he came in from Providence to help. We were asking questions about the menu and I stated I have a "shellfish allergy" and can we have a separate pot to cook in and the waiter said NO it burns off not an issue. I was shocked and we of course did not order any shellfish. The food took a long time to come out and the waiter was scarce, Let's say we placed our order around 5:15 and we left the restaurant at 7:30. I will say we will not be back there any time soon. Answering #2 above , should have "would not recommend"…
- MusicleticiapepeDined on 11/7/2014A nice restaurant that offers a nice experience which is not too pricey but still is so so quiet. There s no music !!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Try very good meal & serviceEpcotVIPDined on 11/7/2014First time at Melting Pot. They explained exactly,how the meal works and also how to select from the menu. It is not a very large place so you do really need to make a reservation. The food was very good and they will bring you more items to dip in your fondue if needed. The prices were reasonable and we enjoyed the service. It was also a nice touch that management came by several times to see if we needed anything or just to fill our water. Great teamwork! Would return for a special evening out.Special Features:
- Absolutely best Melting Pot cheese.JennDined on 10/28/2014I've eaten at Melting Pots way too often. As in, as a member, you get a gift cert at $300 spent. I've gotten a number of them. So when I say I know their cheese, I'm serious. The classic/traditional cheese here is the best I have ever had at a melting pot. I don't know what they did differently, maybe the wine? maybe the quality of the cheese? I don't know. But... I will return as often as I can to the Back Bay Boston location. p.s. while I usually get the chocolate fondue for dessert, we were pressed for time so I got a warm brie with honey and almonds. Just breath-taking. Now, I'll be stopping by on my way home from work to get that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeltingDined on 10/26/2014PHENOMENAL is all I got!! The staff here is amazing, knowledgable and so kind, the atomsphere is quaint and romantic, and the food what can I say nothing short of spectacular!!Special Features:
- Okay, not outstandingCherryVIPDined on 10/25/2014Been to the Melting Pot a good number of times, and it seems like the times themselves have left the melting pot. The store feels repressed and a bit depressed, although the service was better than what some other reviewers mentioned. Our server was good, offering to add more cheese to our pot when it tasted overpowered by wine. Overall, it feels like it restaurant could use an update and facelift. Good, private spot for get togethers though. Come here if you are ok with regular food quality and in need of some peace from Boston's hot spots.Special Features:
- food good, service badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Melting pot is very cool, and the food was good, but our server was never around and that made the whole experience so-so. They also didn't have the cooking guide I was used to in other restaurants, which would've helped a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad compared to past experiencesBostonTechieDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I typically go to Melting Pot for our anniversaries. It's not because it's the best food out there, but because it has been reliably good, I love chocolate, and it's a nice and long relaxing dinner. I have been to Melting Pot in Portland, OR, Grand Rapids, MI, Framingham, MA, and Bedford, MA. This experience with the Boston, MA location was by far the worst of the group. The portions were skimpier, the salad limper, and the thoughtfulness of items with the cheese dip more limited.Special Features:
- Fun - bring your appetite!MosWomanDined on 10/16/2014Enjoy the four course meal to get the most of the experience of this unique restaurant and eating style. Great for a group outing or a romantic dinner for two. We left without finishing our entire meal but felt like we ate enough for two days!! Great variety of choices - such fun especially when it came to dessert! I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate and deliciousRobertDined on 10/11/2014My experience at The Melting Pot was wonderful. The atmosphere in the restruant was very quiet and the place was well maintained. We were quickly seated and did not feel rushed in any capacity. We chose the four-course selection and each part was well paced and delicious. Our server was helpful and available without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Shared the 4 course special with my husband - we loved every bit of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Romantic PlaceDonSDined on 9/26/2014Went to this restaurant the night I proposed to my fiance recently. The restaurant is so beautiful and romantic I could have proposed in there and it would have been special. The food is amazing and the service was exceptional. Cooking together just made the night so special. It was fun trying to work together and figure out what we wanted to cook in the fondue pot next :) Highly suggest taking a date here if in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laidback InformativeLUVABLEDined on 9/25/2014Fun with a sense of Adventure and sensuality on the TableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The food was amazing! The only thing that we didn't like was our waiter he was rude and in a bad mood. There was a second waiter who wasn't even our waiter but was so nice. We would have preferred him. Actually everyone else but our waiter was polite and made sure we were comfortable. Next time we go we will make sure not to get that rude waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodbackdeckdinerDined on 9/20/2014I love the Melting Pot, but I don't get a chance to go there very often. The menu is kind of pricey, but it is worth every penny! Great food, great atmosphere, and great drinks. I would definitely go back and would recommend others to go there as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Service was very slow for such a slow night - not many customers. Made a reservation and was placed at a small table in the corner - asked for a booth instead and when hostess said "Oh, you'd prefer a booth?" I answered: "That's why I made a reservation". No one ever refilled our water - I was dying!! Yes, I should have asked, but most places keep up with that automatically.Special Features:
- Unique find in BostonPittyman67Dined on 9/8/2014Was going to try the Melting Pot whilst in Chicago however Trip Advisor reviews put us firmly off. The same can't be said for Boston. A very enjoyable experience at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- A fun place to goGreatDined on 9/8/2014We had a great time at be Melting Pot. We had two kids with us and they gave us our own room. It was perfect. The food was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary and date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went to the Melting Pot for our anniversary. This is a terrific place to go after theater or a night on the town in general for a quiet, delicious meal. Perfect when you are not in a hurry and want to relax and enjoy each others company. The combination of a quiet atmosphere, and the fun fondues for each course make this a lovely romantic setting. I'd recommend to anyone celebrating an anniversary or any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!LeslieHajiDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I travelled to Boston for our anniversary. I have always loved fondue and was excited to hear about The Melting Pot. Everything was wonderful from the moment we walked in. We had a four course tasting menu and everything was lovely. It was fun and interactive. Thanks for an amazing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service!judelly7Dined on 9/6/2014We were visiting Boston for the weekend and decided to stop by the Melting Pot, which we have been to a number of times in Chicago. The staff was wonderfully helpful and friendly, especially our server, Hannah. We would happily visit the Melting Pot on our next trip to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hannah is AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Our server Hannah made the trip to the Melting Pot better than expected. I have been to the Melting Pot a few times and always have agreat time. However, Hannah made this visit even more wonderful!
- Awesome Birthday DinnerMaddieDined on 9/5/2014My boyfriend and I came to the Melting Pot last week to celebrate my birthday and we had an amazing time! The servers were quick and attentive and I even got several "Happy birthday" wishes! The food was nothing short of delicious, and although it's a rather pricey restaurant, it's definitely worth it for special occasions!Special Features:
- Not their best showingLauraDined on 8/22/2014Our first experience was much better then our last. We were uncomfortably hot and the server was apparently new and was not very helpful. We probably will not return for a while.... UnfortunatelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014app and entree were good and well timed. We sat for 15 mins after we finished our main dish awaiting the server. then she came back and offered us desert, which was good since we were doing DineOut Boston and that was part of the deal. She disappeared another 5mins to get a menu and to check what was offered for the deal. then disappeared for 5 minute before we could put in our order. Got the choc and then waited. the hostess brought our check and ran the card. we were standing up leaving and our waitress suddently reappeared asking if we wanted our bill.....Special Features:
- Love love love!!!!MaineacDined on 8/22/2014We have been to a Melting Pot before but this experience was even better . Gluten free menu was great-even had gf bread for the cheese fondue and gf cake and brownies for the chocolate fondue. They didn't disappoint . Our waitress was fun and attentive. We will definitely be back the next time we are in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely timeKandJforbrunchVIPDined on 8/18/2014Our waiter Brian was very good - not too intrusive but certainly helpful. The only complaint is that the chicken was a bit sinewy and the potatoes were sliced too large to cook well. We had them immersed in the pot the whole entree time and they still didn't cook.
- Melting Pot - Restaurant Weekjmalk125Dined on 8/17/2014My experience at the Melting Pot was less than stellar. This was my first time going and probably my last. Our waitress seemed new but also didn't put in the effort with our table. She put the burner on incorrectly for both the main course and dessert. She didn't check on our table at all unless we specifically called her over, including having to ask her for more waters. She also got two of the our three orders wrong. The entire time lapse over the course of the meal was 3 hours. We had to wait 45 minutes just for her to clear our table and bring out dessert menus. Needless to say I will not be going back.Special Features:
- After Dinner come heresteakhousereviewDined on 8/16/2014Though the food was not bad it was little messy and kind of a pain. But it was not all bad. The MElting Pot is perfect place to head after dinner for Drinks and Desert. The desert was amazing the Chocolate Fondue and all the stuff you can dip was amazing. Have some wine, beer, or dessert drinks with some melted chocolate,Special Features:
- Third time theresjlhdDined on 8/8/2014Food, quality, ambience, were great. Service was very slow and the waitress didn't show up for a half hour on multiple occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe just a bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014The food quality wasn't good. The veggies were cut so small. The quality of the Italian meats was lower than even anything that you could get in a supermarket like Star Market or Stop & Shop. The bread tasted stale. I was surprised that the cheese for the fondue was shredded. The potatoes still had roots & black spots. The broccoli tasted like it was pre-seasoned-too much pepper? Weird vibe. Everyone seemed really nervous like something was going on. The Coq au vin cooking style was the best part of the night with teriyaki sirloin.
- Perfect for any special night!cheeseconnoisseurDined on 7/31/2014Went here for a friends birthday and shared fine wine with good company around pots of molten cheese. Really, how much more could you ask for out of life?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tradition to Good to BreakSamiDined on 7/29/2014I have been coming here with my boyfriend every year for our anniversary and the Melting Pot has never disappointed. Wait staff is always courteous and beyond willing to help (even getting us extra dippers!) We get cheese fondue, salads and chocolate fondue which is more than enough food - I can't imagine eating a whole entree too! Definitely coming back!Special Features: