The Melting Pot - Boise
200 N. 6th St.
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Boise
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/boise/specials
- Phone: 2083438800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Our event coordinators can help create customized menus, menu print-outs, wine pairings, and bar packages. We offer romantic private tables for two, and can accommodate private parties for up to 30. We also offer an A/V ready room for up to 16 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Chaddock 2083438800
A word from The Melting Pot - Boise
At the Melting Pot we specialize in fun and interactive four-course fondue dinners, great for every occasion. The fondue experience begins with a savory cheese fondue prepared tableside, followed by your choice of fresh salad. For the main event, choose from a wide variety of tantalizing meats, seafood, and fresh vegetables, certain to please even the most particular of palates. Then cook them tableside in one of our savory broths or even in traditional oil. All of our entrée selections are paired with our famous house dipping sauces, including the garden fresh green goddess, our sweet teriyaki glaze, and the tangy ginger plum sauce. And just when you think it couldn't get better, the grand finale: a choice of decadent chocolate fondues presented with a platter of sweet bits for dipping.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Boise - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
The Melting Pot - Boise reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (39)romantic (35)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Much Ado About NothingPikEEtrDined on 9/23/2014My wife picked out "The Melting Pot" for a romantic lunch, she'd been there before and I hadn't. I'd had fondue before, cheese with a crusty bread. The music was good, soft. Our server was nice. We got a salad and an entree each. We got the house salad and my wife got the Angus beef and I got the Salmon entrees. The salad was adequate but on the small side, the greens were fresh and the Pepper Ranch dressing was O.K. There was a broth boiling in the middle of the table to dip the entrees in. I got eight chunks of raw salmon and my wife got about the same number pieces of beef and a lobster tail each(which was too soft). The Salmon was a bit fishy smelling a definite negative. The beef was good. Close to $100 w/ tip. Not worth it!
- WonderfulWrecksDined on 9/13/2014The Melting Pot is one of my wife's favorite places. And for good reason, what a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieGrlDined on 9/13/2014My best friend and I thoroughly enjoyed the food and service. The only thing we were taken aback was that during the middle of laughing in conversation, the Manager surprised us by coming around the corner and stood next to our table asking "What the heck is going on???". We were surprised he had said that since it is clearly unprofessional, especially in that kind of establishment. He had never stated who he was. We assumed he was the Mngr since he had gone to the other tables asking how their food was but never came to ours. We don't know if he was joking but it was absolutely uncalled for. Overall we were happy and satisfied but we feel the Mngr needs some kind of a reminder NOT to speak with his customers that way.Special Features:
- Fabulous find!TammyDined on 9/13/2014Boise Melting Pot made our visit exquisite. Not only was the food exceptional & the service perfect, but a Happy Anniversary card was waiting at our table when my husband and I arrived! What a sweet gesture. In addition, I had required wheelchair seating for my husband, and a chair was already removed from our table to accommodate us. Believe me, that doesn't always happen at other fine dining restaurants. We were greeted and served top notch! Thank you for making our anniversary one to remember! We will definitely recommend & return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad waitressFoodie2798Dined on 9/4/2014Our waitress insisted that we order extra entrees for our 2 and 4 year old because we definately wouldn't have enough food letting them eat off of ours, which is exactly the opposite of what the manger told me when I called earlier. The manager was right we had plenty of food with just our entrees and the extra one she insisted on, went in the trash as did probably 1/4 of each of our entrees. There is a lot of food. So we dropped an extra 20 bucks for food that didn't get eaten. Our waitress offered no help in ordering advice as she repeatedly told us she was gluten-free and didn't eat THAT stuff. Her being gluten free is fine but she could have told us what was popular or well received by her guests. Very diasapointing, we will not be back
- Not for Diners in a hurrymidwestfoodieDined on 8/29/2014It was our first time there and was a lengthy dining experience, we were there for nearly 3 hrs for the 4 course meal. We had no other plans that evening so it was not a problem, just unexpected. The men complained about the time it took to cook the meat and only being able to cook 2 pieces @ a time. Our server was excellent! It was a fun & different dining experience. Would definitely go again but maybe just for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveninghwy395southDined on 8/25/2014We had a very enjoyable evening at The Melting Pot. Our server was very attentive, assisted by the manager and other servers. Very prompt with additional dipping items when we ran low. The classic cheese fondue was excellent. Shrimp and sirloin main course with vegetables was just right. The S'mores dessert chocolate a great finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experiencemnmhillDined on 8/22/2014This was our second time to the Melting pot and both times were exceptional! Everything about this restaurant is lovely! Food, service, atmosphere, you name it. The prices may seem high but it is well worth it for the quality of the food and the amount you receive. I will say this restaurant would not be good for small children but older behaved children would be fine. Thank you Melting Pot for a lovely experience once again.Special Features:
- Thanks Melting Pot!Wonderful Anniv.BoiseJewelsDined on 8/16/2014I let The Melting Pot know ahead of time it was our anniversary. When we walked in - they congratulated us on our anniversary and had a card waiting for us, in our private room! They really made us feel special and didn't judge us for sharing the 4 course dinner. They even split the salad (no charge). All the food was wonderful and our waitress wrapped it up by writing "happy anniversary" with a candle on one of our dessert plates. I've been to The Melting Pot before and knew it is best experienced if you have Plenty of time - because they make it a true experience, with time to converse... The experience took a little over 2 hours and we loved every minute of it! (if you don't get the 4 courses, I'm sure you would get out quicker.)Special Features:
- Had a wonderful dinnerPatienteyesDined on 8/13/2014I love cheese and chocolates, having it in a fondue is just great. Quiet atmosphere (i hope they had better music), the staff are helpful and food is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyTjl58Dined on 8/13/2014We did a groupon lobster special and everything was just delicious. It is fun to dip and cook. It makes the meal last longer and gives time for conversation. It is very pricey but worth it every once in awhile. With the groupon discount and sharing a dessert fondue we spent over $100 for two people and only drank water.Special Features:
- Amazing TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We had an amazing time at the Melting Pot for my husbands birthday! Thank you!Special Features:
- TwassDined on 8/8/2014We love the melting pot but it seems every time we go the portions get smaller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for daughterNorthpoleteachDined on 8/7/2014My college daughter had always wanted to go and hadn't had the opportunity. I had gone in Tucson and Seattle and loved it! The food, ambiance and our waiter were top notch. It was a great casual setting to spend time with my daughter and her friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I had a great time. We had never been to the Melting Pot and had great expectations. We were not let down, the food was great, the staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Our server did an amazing job making us feel comfortable and explaining the cooking procedures since we were first timers. Thank you for a great experience, we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 32nd Anniversaryloved2fondue42Dined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed a wonderful, romantic 32nd Wedding Anniversary at The Melting Pot in Boise. It was our first time here and we will definitely go back. The food was amazing, & it was fun to cook it ourselves in our own fondue pot. Our server was friendly, informative, and caring, and she made sure we lacked for nothing. We dined on a four course meal, including a delectable chocolate fondue dessert. Delicious, & a Very Special Night.Special Features:
- Way Too ExpensivedinerDined on 7/25/2014The food and service were good but the price per person was outrageous. We will not be coming back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Slow service, but decent foodDinerDined on 7/20/2014Our dining experience at the Melting Pot this time around was subpar. We went on a Sunday night, late evening, and still had poor service. It was the servers first time on the floor alone, but as it was quite empty in there, there was no excuse for the service. We often went without drinks, they neglected to explain the menu properly to those in our party that had never been to the restraunt before. Also the manager was always lurking awkwardly in the background. I'm sure he was supervising his new server, but it was weird and a little unnerving to see him just staring in the background.Special Features:
- Awesome!Mark71Dined on 7/19/2014Awesome experience! Great food! Best service I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Must!DipsDined on 7/13/2014This restaurant is a wonderful special occasion spot. We celebrated a special birthday and had the full fondue experience. It is a pricey option but something to try. We will definitely return, but maybe opt to enjoy just a cheese and chocolate meal which would be an easier option on the wallet and something to enjoy more frequently. Love it.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningSindeDined on 7/5/2014Celebrated my parents anniversary with my husband and kids. The food was fantastic, especially the last course, dessert, and our waiter Will was very good. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot Supports Gluten FreeGlutenFreeinEagleDined on 6/28/2014Was extremely surprised to see how accommodating the Melting Pot has become for folks like me that can not tolerate wheat (basically a gluten free diet). I can't thank you enough for all the menu items you've added! It was so wonderful to dip gluten free brownies and pound cake into the chocolate fondue. Yum. Looking forward to our next visit to the Melting Pot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladyg26Dined on 6/26/2014loved the private setting (had a booth seat). however, did not like the lack of table space for all the dishes that were presented at once. food was excellent! this is my 2nd time dining here and this time i tried the dessert menu. i can't believe i finished all 4 courses! highly recommended if you're willing to spend about $100 for 2.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantQuietDimLightsDined on 6/19/2014My friend and I really enjoyed our experience here. The brick building was charming, the service was outstanding, the food and sauces were delicious and the ambiance was relaxing. One thing I would improve on would be that they should include a kosher option that has no pork or shellfish. They did substitute other items for us, which was nice of them. For the chocolate dessert, I would nix the marshmallows and include more cookies instead. I would also try to include more tables with a view. Since there is not much of a view, adding some plants and small water fountains would be a nice touch. It feels a little sterile inside. It was still an excellent dining experience and I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Downtown dining gemFood4usDined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed a very interactive dinner. The food was top quality. We did not care for the black berry margarita ~ it tasted unnatural ~ the wine however was a hit! Over all a great experience, however having the manager come to the table 3 times, just because HE wanted to know how things where. It was auquard the last time as he just lingered at our table in silence. I was however very happy that the server read all special instructions and followed them to a tee. We will try again soon, and this time I'll note for the manager to let us alone. :-)Special Features:
- Cutting back on quality ingredientsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014This was the worse dining experience we've had in a long time. I was raised in France and lived in the French Alps. I know fondue. I think this will be the LAST time we dine here. We were taking my dad out (he's lived 30+ yrs in France) and discovered upon arrival that the traditional swiss fondue was no longer available having instead been substituted for a mix of Swiss, Fontina (Italian?!) and Raclette (a separate meal in France). Our server prepped the cheese too fast and ruined the texture... of course, messing with the original cheeses and dropping the Kirsh (b/c "kids don't like it"?!) doesn't help. What a disappointment. Not to mention he burned himself and when I asked for burn cream, she brought him an open packet...
- The following 277 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Boise reviews archive.
- RomanticsDined on 5/28/2014Great place for special occasions. Fun place if your looking for a great experience around the table allowing for great conversation with table guests. My wife and I enjoyed an anniversary night out stuffing our bellies over the course of a couple hours enjoying each others company Food is Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LoloDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I went there for a nice get away and it was so nice! Private and really good food! We will be going there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DiningCEcoupleDined on 5/19/2014The food, service, and the experience at the Melting Pot was amazing. With secluded seating areas it's a perfect spot for couples to enjoy a romantic night. Good explaination of the fondue process with friendly service while preparing each course. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice night/ romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 yr anniversaryemullins0509Dined on 5/16/2014Came here for 5 year anniversary. The food and service were outstanding. The restaurant was nearly empty at the time of our 5:30 reservation, so our dinner started out quiet. 10 minutes into dinner the hostess sat a group of noisy 11 yr old girls right next to us, when there were several other unoccupied booths that were further away. I could barely hear our waitress over their noise, so was a little disappointed to have to ask to be moved. Once we were moved to a smaller table in the hallway, our experience was 10x better. Overall, we really enjoyed this restaurant!Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mom for Mother's Day and the food was amazing it was just the server that was the problem. Every time I spoke the server would roll his eyes and make some snide comment. I felt very uncomfortable with him being our server and lost a good experience with my mother. If you get Jim for a server watch out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findRobertoDined on 5/11/2014I took our family here for Mothers Day and it was a great find. Reservations were easy on line and seating was immediately available. We had the four course dinner and it tasted great. Be sure to split the portions as they will easily serve two. Don't expect fast food, this is definitely a slow food restaurant in a good way.Special Features:
- DessertDaddyDaughterDined on 5/10/2014Great 'daddy-daughter' date with my 17 year old. Had dessert that was nearly more than we could eat while having great conversation. Server was checking on us and the meal regularly, as was other staff. Food was great, service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotMeltingpotDined on 5/8/2014Great experience. Awesome service. My only complaints are the booths are not big enough depth wise. Parking is horrible next to the restaurant. Still, a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2014We opted for just the cheese and chocolate courses. Very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ending to a great day!janaramaDined on 4/19/2014The food was wonderful! It is so nice to be able to just sit and chat and really enjoy our special night out! Everyone was so friendly and helpful!Special Features:
- Great restaurantDocspazDined on 4/16/2014My wife and I have been to melting pot numerous of times and we personally love it. This was our second time in a weeks, and mostly we make it for romantic dinners,dates, or simply a enjoyable quiet dinner together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday dinner1tmedinerDined on 4/11/2014My husband & I came here for the 1st time for my birthday, & it was amazing. Food, setting, drinks & of course the dessert was great!! We will be coming back for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our local romantic date night placeAntsavilaDined on 4/8/2014Every time we go to the Melting Pot, we know it's going to be a great night. The music is lite and not distracting and the privacy of the tables allows you to feel special. The wait staff is excellent. The Melting Pot is simply a great place to take your date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My son chose the Melting PotBirthdayBoyDined on 4/6/2014My son chose the Melting Pot for his birthday dinner for his 13th birthday. The staff was fantastic and the food was incredible. This is not an experience they will soon forget. Thank you for helping to create a memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.