The Melting Pot - Boise
200 N. 6th St.
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Boise
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/boise/specials
- Phone: (208) 343-8800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is unique way to create memories with your party. Our event coordinators can help create customized menus, menu print-outs, wine pairings, and bar packages. We offer romantic private tables for two, and can accommodate private parties for up to 30. We also offer an A/V ready room for up to 16 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Chaddock 2083438800
A word from The Melting Pot - Boise
At the Melting Pot we specialize in fun and interactive four-course fondue dinners, great for every occasion. The fondue experience begins with a savory cheese fondue prepared tableside, followed by your choice of fresh salad. For the main event, choose from a wide variety of tantalizing meats, seafood, and fresh vegetables, certain to please even the most particular of palates. Then cook them tableside in one of our savory broths or even in traditional oil. All of our entrée selections are paired with our famous house dipping sauces, including the garden fresh green goddess, our sweet teriyaki glaze, and the tangy ginger plum sauce. And just when you think it couldn't get better, the grand finale: a choice of decadent chocolate fondues presented with a platter of sweet bits for dipping.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Boise - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
The Melting Pot - Boise reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (38)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (15)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very nice place for a romantic diner experience.PeteDined on 11/14/2014Service was great, chocolate very good, salad good, cheese ... well that was the whole point but I would say avoid the 'alpine' cheese sauce. Way too heavy on strong white wine flavor in the 'alpine' cheese sauce... you really couldn't taste the cheese. Expensive but not over priced. My wife and I did not order a main meal just a salad each as well as the cheese, chocolate, and a drink each. Our total was under $70. It would have been more than $40 more for main course but we didn't need that much food. If we go again we will try a different cheese sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!MomsnightoutDined on 11/8/2014We love Boise melting pot the experience and atmosphere is perfect. The food and drinks are excellent. Great for groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Treat!foodiefindsDined on 11/8/2014The Melting Pot has been my favorite Boise restaurant for years! If you are looking for a fancy, interactive, and delicious dinner option, this is it! With a friend in town, three of us girlfriends enjoyed a 3 course meal and fun cocktails. Each course was somehow better than the first! Loaded potato cheese, a variety meat tray (Lobster was out of this world), and the Ying & Yang chocolate to finish. I prefer to keep the Melting Pot as my special occasion go-to, making it a treat every visit! Yum yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late dining experienceRubyDined on 11/7/2014The service was great, food was simply amazing and filling. Will definitely go back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmichelleszurgotDined on 11/7/2014I had so much fun here. My boyfriend brought me here for our 5 year anniversary. Mind you, it was spendy but definitely worth it. You're paying for excellent food and a fun activity at the same time. Also, the service was wonderful. Our server had an infectious laugh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Pot Is a Boise HitIdahoExecDined on 11/7/2014Many thanks to Boise's Melting Pot for helping first timers through a new experience. The Service by Emily was incredible. The food choices were excellent. And you can't miss with the finale of the night: The Flaming Turtle dessert was as delicious as any chocolate, caramel and praline combo could ever be.Special Features:
- Great find for romantic eveningBoyCDined on 10/31/2014Food, drink, and service were top notch. it was a very fun experiance and the Fiery Margarita was very good.Special Features:
- yunDMB0025Dined on 10/31/2014Grear food, great service, however the noise from the large family and their children echoed so bad I left with a headache.... Not to mention even though you pay a pretty penny for great food, service and ambiance; you aren't paying for foot room... My foot literally got stuck trying to exit the booth as there was little to no room to put my feet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spot for a Romantic NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I have visited The Melting Pot-Boise three times now, and each experience is slightly different than the previous one. Our first experience was by far the best. Our server on that occasion was phenomenal, while the last two times the server (being the same person) seemed pretty distracted by other things going on. It seemed to take longer than necessary to bring out the next dish. Other than that, the experience was good and we plan on making this a once-a-year stop for the foreseeable future. If only all of the servers were as outstanding as the one we had the first time, we might even consider coming back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every waydivine2dineDined on 10/19/2014We had the cheese and chocolate. Loved every bit of it. The waitress was wonderful, she was delightful and spot on. Enjoyed the atmosphere, the nouse level was quite so we were able to enjoy a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectRingDined on 10/10/2014We were late for our reservation and felt terrible! We were treated very well and enjoyed great service in spite of being late and enjoyed the wine and food! The best part was the ambiance! What a great date night!!Special Features:
- Fun eating experience.PJF50Dined on 10/2/2014Our server was very friendly & helpful. It was a special time with my sister for her birthday & a fun eating experience. I chose salmon & shrimp & we had lobster as well, it was all very tasty. It was nice to be able to visit because the noise level is low. Also the seating is private for the most part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Ado About NothingPikEEtrDined on 9/23/2014My wife picked out "The Melting Pot" for a romantic lunch, she'd been there before and I hadn't. I'd had fondue before, cheese with a crusty bread. The music was good, soft. Our server was nice. We got a salad and an entree each. We got the house salad and my wife got the Angus beef and I got the Salmon entrees. The salad was adequate but on the small side, the greens were fresh and the Pepper Ranch dressing was O.K. There was a broth boiling in the middle of the table to dip the entrees in. I got eight chunks of raw salmon and my wife got about the same number pieces of beef and a lobster tail each(which was too soft). The Salmon was a bit fishy smelling a definite negative. The beef was good. Close to $100 w/ tip. Not worth it!
- WonderfulWrecksDined on 9/13/2014The Melting Pot is one of my wife's favorite places. And for good reason, what a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieGrlDined on 9/13/2014My best friend and I thoroughly enjoyed the food and service. The only thing we were taken aback was that during the middle of laughing in conversation, the Manager surprised us by coming around the corner and stood next to our table asking "What the heck is going on???". We were surprised he had said that since it is clearly unprofessional, especially in that kind of establishment. He had never stated who he was. We assumed he was the Mngr since he had gone to the other tables asking how their food was but never came to ours. We don't know if he was joking but it was absolutely uncalled for. Overall we were happy and satisfied but we feel the Mngr needs some kind of a reminder NOT to speak with his customers that way.Special Features:
- Fabulous find!TammyDined on 9/13/2014Boise Melting Pot made our visit exquisite. Not only was the food exceptional & the service perfect, but a Happy Anniversary card was waiting at our table when my husband and I arrived! What a sweet gesture. In addition, I had required wheelchair seating for my husband, and a chair was already removed from our table to accommodate us. Believe me, that doesn't always happen at other fine dining restaurants. We were greeted and served top notch! Thank you for making our anniversary one to remember! We will definitely recommend & return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad waitressFoodie2798Dined on 9/4/2014Our waitress insisted that we order extra entrees for our 2 and 4 year old because we definately wouldn't have enough food letting them eat off of ours, which is exactly the opposite of what the manger told me when I called earlier. The manager was right we had plenty of food with just our entrees and the extra one she insisted on, went in the trash as did probably 1/4 of each of our entrees. There is a lot of food. So we dropped an extra 20 bucks for food that didn't get eaten. Our waitress offered no help in ordering advice as she repeatedly told us she was gluten-free and didn't eat THAT stuff. Her being gluten free is fine but she could have told us what was popular or well received by her guests. Very diasapointing, we will not be back
- Not for Diners in a hurrymidwestfoodieDined on 8/29/2014It was our first time there and was a lengthy dining experience, we were there for nearly 3 hrs for the 4 course meal. We had no other plans that evening so it was not a problem, just unexpected. The men complained about the time it took to cook the meat and only being able to cook 2 pieces @ a time. Our server was excellent! It was a fun & different dining experience. Would definitely go again but maybe just for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveninghwy395southDined on 8/25/2014We had a very enjoyable evening at The Melting Pot. Our server was very attentive, assisted by the manager and other servers. Very prompt with additional dipping items when we ran low. The classic cheese fondue was excellent. Shrimp and sirloin main course with vegetables was just right. The S'mores dessert chocolate a great finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experiencemnmhillDined on 8/22/2014This was our second time to the Melting pot and both times were exceptional! Everything about this restaurant is lovely! Food, service, atmosphere, you name it. The prices may seem high but it is well worth it for the quality of the food and the amount you receive. I will say this restaurant would not be good for small children but older behaved children would be fine. Thank you Melting Pot for a lovely experience once again.Special Features:
- Thanks Melting Pot!Wonderful Anniv.BoiseJewelsDined on 8/16/2014I let The Melting Pot know ahead of time it was our anniversary. When we walked in - they congratulated us on our anniversary and had a card waiting for us, in our private room! They really made us feel special and didn't judge us for sharing the 4 course dinner. They even split the salad (no charge). All the food was wonderful and our waitress wrapped it up by writing "happy anniversary" with a candle on one of our dessert plates. I've been to The Melting Pot before and knew it is best experienced if you have Plenty of time - because they make it a true experience, with time to converse... The experience took a little over 2 hours and we loved every minute of it! (if you don't get the 4 courses, I'm sure you would get out quicker.)Special Features:
- Had a wonderful dinnerPatienteyesDined on 8/13/2014I love cheese and chocolates, having it in a fondue is just great. Quiet atmosphere (i hope they had better music), the staff are helpful and food is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyTjl58Dined on 8/13/2014We did a groupon lobster special and everything was just delicious. It is fun to dip and cook. It makes the meal last longer and gives time for conversation. It is very pricey but worth it every once in awhile. With the groupon discount and sharing a dessert fondue we spent over $100 for two people and only drank water.Special Features:
- Amazing TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We had an amazing time at the Melting Pot for my husbands birthday! Thank you!Special Features:
- TwassDined on 8/8/2014We love the melting pot but it seems every time we go the portions get smaller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for daughterNorthpoleteachDined on 8/7/2014My college daughter had always wanted to go and hadn't had the opportunity. I had gone in Tucson and Seattle and loved it! The food, ambiance and our waiter were top notch. It was a great casual setting to spend time with my daughter and her friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I had a great time. We had never been to the Melting Pot and had great expectations. We were not let down, the food was great, the staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Our server did an amazing job making us feel comfortable and explaining the cooking procedures since we were first timers. Thank you for a great experience, we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 32nd Anniversaryloved2fondue42Dined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed a wonderful, romantic 32nd Wedding Anniversary at The Melting Pot in Boise. It was our first time here and we will definitely go back. The food was amazing, & it was fun to cook it ourselves in our own fondue pot. Our server was friendly, informative, and caring, and she made sure we lacked for nothing. We dined on a four course meal, including a delectable chocolate fondue dessert. Delicious, & a Very Special Night.Special Features:
- The following 287 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Boise reviews archive.
- Way Too ExpensivedinerDined on 7/25/2014The food and service were good but the price per person was outrageous. We will not be coming back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Slow service, but decent foodDinerDined on 7/20/2014Our dining experience at the Melting Pot this time around was subpar. We went on a Sunday night, late evening, and still had poor service. It was the servers first time on the floor alone, but as it was quite empty in there, there was no excuse for the service. We often went without drinks, they neglected to explain the menu properly to those in our party that had never been to the restraunt before. Also the manager was always lurking awkwardly in the background. I'm sure he was supervising his new server, but it was weird and a little unnerving to see him just staring in the background.Special Features:
- Awesome!Mark71Dined on 7/19/2014Awesome experience! Great food! Best service I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Must!DipsDined on 7/13/2014This restaurant is a wonderful special occasion spot. We celebrated a special birthday and had the full fondue experience. It is a pricey option but something to try. We will definitely return, but maybe opt to enjoy just a cheese and chocolate meal which would be an easier option on the wallet and something to enjoy more frequently. Love it.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningSindeDined on 7/5/2014Celebrated my parents anniversary with my husband and kids. The food was fantastic, especially the last course, dessert, and our waiter Will was very good. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot Supports Gluten FreeGlutenFreeinEagleDined on 6/28/2014Was extremely surprised to see how accommodating the Melting Pot has become for folks like me that can not tolerate wheat (basically a gluten free diet). I can't thank you enough for all the menu items you've added! It was so wonderful to dip gluten free brownies and pound cake into the chocolate fondue. Yum. Looking forward to our next visit to the Melting Pot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladyg26Dined on 6/26/2014loved the private setting (had a booth seat). however, did not like the lack of table space for all the dishes that were presented at once. food was excellent! this is my 2nd time dining here and this time i tried the dessert menu. i can't believe i finished all 4 courses! highly recommended if you're willing to spend about $100 for 2.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantQuietDimLightsDined on 6/19/2014My friend and I really enjoyed our experience here. The brick building was charming, the service was outstanding, the food and sauces were delicious and the ambiance was relaxing. One thing I would improve on would be that they should include a kosher option that has no pork or shellfish. They did substitute other items for us, which was nice of them. For the chocolate dessert, I would nix the marshmallows and include more cookies instead. I would also try to include more tables with a view. Since there is not much of a view, adding some plants and small water fountains would be a nice touch. It feels a little sterile inside. It was still an excellent dining experience and I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Downtown dining gemFood4usDined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed a very interactive dinner. The food was top quality. We did not care for the black berry margarita ~ it tasted unnatural ~ the wine however was a hit! Over all a great experience, however having the manager come to the table 3 times, just because HE wanted to know how things where. It was auquard the last time as he just lingered at our table in silence. I was however very happy that the server read all special instructions and followed them to a tee. We will try again soon, and this time I'll note for the manager to let us alone. :-)Special Features:
- Cutting back on quality ingredientsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014This was the worse dining experience we've had in a long time. I was raised in France and lived in the French Alps. I know fondue. I think this will be the LAST time we dine here. We were taking my dad out (he's lived 30+ yrs in France) and discovered upon arrival that the traditional swiss fondue was no longer available having instead been substituted for a mix of Swiss, Fontina (Italian?!) and Raclette (a separate meal in France). Our server prepped the cheese too fast and ruined the texture... of course, messing with the original cheeses and dropping the Kirsh (b/c "kids don't like it"?!) doesn't help. What a disappointment. Not to mention he burned himself and when I asked for burn cream, she brought him an open packet...
- RomanticsDined on 5/28/2014Great place for special occasions. Fun place if your looking for a great experience around the table allowing for great conversation with table guests. My wife and I enjoyed an anniversary night out stuffing our bellies over the course of a couple hours enjoying each others company Food is Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LoloDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I went there for a nice get away and it was so nice! Private and really good food! We will be going there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.