The Melting Pot - Bethlehem
1 East Broad Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Bethlehem
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/bethlehem/specials
- Phone: 4842414939
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00 - 11:00, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Aubrey Straton, firstname.lastname@example.org 4842414939
- Cross Street: New Street
- Public Transit: Bethlehem Transportation Center located at Broad and Guetter Streets.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is pay station parking in the Broad St lot at the corner of Broad and Long St, just East of the restaurant, at a rate of $0.75 per hour. Also, there is metered parking along Broad St in front of the restaurant. All meters require $0.25 per 15 minutes and have a Credit Card feature along Broad St only. Our restaurant is happy to provide change if needed. There are also 2 parking garages within walking distance for $0.75 per hour. The garage addresses are 33 W Walnut St OR 75 W North St.
A word from The Melting Pot - Bethlehem
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Bethlehem - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
The Melting Pot - Bethlehem reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)romantic (118)good for groups (76)fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (28)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (12)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Memorable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I was looking for a nice restaurant where my wife and I could celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We chose the Melting Pot at the suggestion of our Daughter. I couldn't be happier with our choice. The atmosphere was fantastic, my daughter upgraded our reservation to an anniversity package. This package gave access to "Lovers Lane" an intimate setting, a champagne toast(we keep the glasses), a box of chocolate dipped strawberries and a framed picture. Unfortunately the camera was not working that evening. One of the Lady managers ran out to a local florist and left a half dozen salmon colored roses at our table. Our experience was fantastic, customer service above and beyond, staff friendly & professional, impeccable restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Bday spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I've choosen the melting pot for a girls night out for my birthday a few times! It's cheap and great to just relax, try something new and be social!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayreklaimerDined on 8/23/2014My fiance and I went out for a date night recently and I surprised her by going to the Melting Pot in Bethlehem, PA. We were never here before. The side of the resturant is ample and fit for couples, small groups, and even large groups. Our servers were very attentive and friendly. They explained how the experience worked and assisted us with the menu. The food was amazing. The flavors were extremely "potent" and I felt like we had plenty of food. Dessert was pretty much "to die for" as well. The whole meal took about two hours from start to finish. We also were seated in their "lover's lane" section which had controllable lighting and corner-style tables for closeness to the one you care about. We will certainly come back!Special Features:
- Great place to doneTangosfamily4Dined on 8/23/2014We have dined at the Melting Pot many times. It's always a fun and tasty experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Came here for my birthday and it was so fun and interactive. We loved it, especially the chocolate!Special Features:
- very unique dinning experiencefondueyou1Dined on 8/22/2014We have become "regulars" at the melting pot! Choices and food is always amazing! my absolute favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three cheers for fondue!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We went here for a date night / husband's birthday. Very impressed! The 4 course meal is sooooo much food for your buck. And most of it extraordinary! Excellent service, very friendly and knowledgeable. Great cocktails and beer list. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Unique dining experience!DinersDined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful dinner at the Melting Pot for our anniversary. My daughter enjoyed it as well. All the servers were friendly and helpful. Super quality of food!Special Features:
- Very Good. Great Experience!PickyEaterDined on 8/16/2014This was our first experience at the Melting Pot and it was very enjoyable and a different dining experience. All the staff were very pleasant. Would definitely recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMeltingPotManiac1Dined on 8/16/2014The food is so delicious. Every course. No matter what style you pick it will taste amazing. Cooking each bite at a time is tedious but it is well worth it. The dipping sauces are terrific. Get the lover's lane seating if you are taking that special someone. The staff will do anything to make sure you have a perfect date. The price is fair for the quality of food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food would dine againhungryGirlDined on 8/16/2014everything was delicious! I really enjoyed eating my salmon, tuna and filet. who would've ever known a fondue place would be filling! Desert was absolutely divine. I will be seeing The Melting Pot in the near future.Special Features:
- Little slow, menu changesPastymageDined on 8/11/2014Service was slower than usual, but they may have been busy or short-handed. The dipper options for desserts have changed...pineapple and blondies have been added, but cheesecake has been removed. :( Tried the white-chocolate and peaches dessert chocolate, which was quite good. Also the Yin-Yang Martini, which is pricey, but is basically a milkshake - order a virgin version if you just want the ice cream.
- Cooking at the table is unique.MargotDined on 8/10/2014Food was good, fresh and service was superb. Prices are on the high side, especially considering that diners have to cook their own food at the table, but that's an enjoyable part of dining there and feeds conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for friendsSarah24Dined on 8/7/2014Always good food and impeccable service. This is a great place for a group if you don't mind spending a long time out. I personally like to have cheese, salad, and my favorite the dessert. Everything is fresh and yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticMarjDined on 8/7/2014It's was exactly what I wanted and currently my favorite restaurant to go to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodkemjrisDined on 8/4/2014We were here to celebrate a special occasion. The package I ordered was not available, however the manager made up a gift package and removed the cost of the original package. That was very professional and well handled. The only challenge we had was that our server was not around very much. He forgot some of our food. We were almost finished eating before we saw him again to get the missing dish. We requested water refills, but he forgot them too. Dessert was served, but we had no forks. It was very frustrating because no one was around when we needed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Went to Melting Pot for a date night with my boyfriend--the food and service were great and we really had a nice night out. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion or a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningDBT749Dined on 7/28/2014My wife chose this for her birthday. We were led to a very private table at "Lovers Lane" in a secluded spot in the restaurant. The hostess addressed us politely,asking if this was a special occasion. The waiter was extremely cordial and knowledgeable about the menu. We were promised that there would be no rush. We chose a four course dinner, and the entire meal was definitely set at our speed. The waiter was extremely attentive but not annoying. The manager also visited twice, very courteous. At the dessert course, my wife received a special Happy Birthday plate. Upon leaving, the hostess wished my wife Happy Birthday using her first name, a nice personal touch. Our experience was over 3 hours long. Definitely memorable and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysDeespicksDined on 7/26/2014We never have a bad experience at The Melting Pot. Staff is wonderful,food is delicious and the atmosphere is always friendly and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love coming to the melting pot!fondu4meDined on 7/25/2014The food is tremendous and each time we are always greeted by eager staff who are happy to meet all our dining needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a lovely evening. Nicole, our server was very friendly and helpful. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversarylvefood212Dined on 7/21/2014We had a celebration night and it was great. The food was excellent , cocktails were great. The only advice I have is the serving staff should check IDS on the younger looking customers, our son who looks younger than he is( he is 22) was not carded when he ordered a cocktail. 0Special Features:
- First time to The Melting PotGFMonkieDined on 7/20/2014Took my family out for my son's 14th birthday. Didn't know what to expect and looking at the menus online seemed a little confusing. We watched a couple of YouTube videos and it made a little more sense. Our Waiter Joel was fabulous. He explained everything about the menus and had us laughing through the night. My kids had fun "cooking" their own food and dipping all the goodies in chocolate for dessert. Overall it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAKgirl13Dined on 7/20/2014I'm from Alaska, and we don't have a Melting Pot.. So when we finally tried it, oh my gosh! It is soooo good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timersnewthingsDined on 7/20/2014This was quite an unique dining experience. Better than I imagined. The server was very friendly, helpful and courteous. I had a very vague understanding when walking in but our server explained it all step by step.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue Delight!jlynnDined on 7/19/2014The melting pot always gets better! This makes a wonderful special occasion place. The waiter was very friendly and when I told him it was my birthday, they brought out chocolate and candles! Food is fantastic. Drinks are yummy. Even for my boyfriend who didn't like to wait to eat, he enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceTasteBudsDined on 7/18/2014Through a Groupon offer, my boyfriend and I made a reservation for a romantic date night. The food was ambrosial and our server, Joel, was extremely helpful in explaining the meal options and walking us through our orders. We look forward to going back soon!Special Features:
- Exceptional!momabareDined on 7/12/2014WE took our friends to Melting Pot it was their first time! They loved it! We had a wonderful time the time flew by so fast!Special Features:
- Excellent choiceBluefanDined on 7/10/2014Friendly, courteous service by very engaging waitstaff Nikki and personal table side visit by manager. Excellent variety of options to choose from on 4 different courses and/ or any combination thereof. Interesting assortment of specialty cocktails including a gratuitous after dinner drink personally delivered by manager.Special Features:
- Playing with your food!Happy2DineDined on 7/10/2014Our server Michall was wonderful. He was knowledgeable & friendly. He set us up with everything we needed to enjoy ourselves thoroughly. If you've never been to a Melting Pot, understand that you cook your own food in a fondue pot on your table, which takes some time. We loved the idea of a meal out where you are forced to slow down & have time to 'visit' with your dinner companion. I took my Mom to celebrate Mother's Day, which we were unable to do on Mother's Day because my Mom was out of state. The atmosphere was perfect for us to catch up. The average meal is four courses and takes a minimum of two hours. This enabled me to have some much needed quality time with her. I will definitely be going back here again. Great food, service & funSpecial Features:
- GlokrisDined on 7/4/2014Great restaurant for group dinners, girls night out or date night. The variety of fondue are incredibly wonderful and delish. Service is excellent and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting Potdd123Dined on 7/4/2014Very enjoyable unique dining experience. We loved the special menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic time!locavore1013Dined on 7/3/2014The Melting Pot is a great place to go when you want to experience a real night out. It is like getting a show and a meal all in one. From the manager giving us their specials and wine list to our absolutely hospitable server "James", our experience was unparalleled. James' knowledge of the menu was note worthy and his recommendations were terrific. The food was delectable as always and drinks were perfectly poured. I love The Melting Pot and will continue to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceYumyumDined on 6/30/2014Awesome food, makes you pace yourself, overall lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeShannonsDined on 6/28/2014We had a wonderful time and great food. Great place to celebrate special occasions and relax. Service was excellent and enjoyed the Restaurant week menu/pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleJmg4177Dined on 6/28/2014I went here for my wife's birthday and we have been there a few times however the waitress we had was the best we have had anyplace we have ever gone. All of the employees made this a very special night for her and we had the greatest time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Restaurant Weekemip91Dined on 6/27/2014I typically find The Melting Pot pricey but every time Restaurant Week in Bethlehem rolls around I find myself craving the cheese & chocolate. Went with 3 friends, 2 which had never done fondue before and we had a blast! I would recommend it for something fun to do on date night with your bff or significant other.Special Features:
- AtmosphereBergey5Dined on 6/24/2014This place is an experience everyone should have! We took 5 newbies and they all loved it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun fondue.happytrails69Dined on 6/24/2014We dined here to enjoy fondue and they certainly provided. We chose a 4 course plan which started with your choice of cheese fondue, salad, main dish, and CHOCOLATE! There was only 1 pot per table so you need to all agree on the cheese, cooking style of the main dish, and dessert. Everything was enjoyable. Portions are small on the meats and it was pretty expensive. This is a nice place to go when you aren't starving and want to your meal to be an experience.Special Features:
- Awesome!luvfoodDined on 6/23/2014Wonderful food, experience, ambiance, and service! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.