The Melting Pot - Bethlehem
1 East Broad Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Bethlehem
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/bethlehem/specials
- Phone: 4842414939
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00 - 11:00, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Aubrey Straton, email@example.com 4842414939
- Cross Street: New Street
- Public Transit: Bethlehem Transportation Center located at Broad and Guetter Streets.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is pay station parking in the Broad St lot at the corner of Broad and Long St, just East of the restaurant, at a rate of $0.75 per hour. Also, there is metered parking along Broad St in front of the restaurant. All meters require $0.25 per 15 minutes and have a Credit Card feature along Broad St only. Our restaurant is happy to provide change if needed. There are also 2 parking garages within walking distance for $0.75 per hour. The garage addresses are 33 W Walnut St OR 75 W North St.
A word from The Melting Pot - Bethlehem
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Bethlehem - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
The Melting Pot - Bethlehem reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)romantic (96)good for groups (73)fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (22)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (16)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We have been to this location many times. The server we got was only on his second night on the floor he said and it showed. Times in between cheese and salads and entree were way too long. Our drinks were empty for a while and I had to ask to get more drinks for us. Just disappointed with the service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but expensive...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We made our reservation for 4:45 and got there about 15 minutes early, but they were very accommodating and seated us immediately. The man who greeted us was very polite and enthusiastic about this visit being our first, as he showed us to our private table. Our waiter was just as kind and enthusiastic to be serving us. The food was fantastic, and it was truly a new and interesting dining experience for us, I even tried some new foods, and it was a delight. Bacon and Gorgonzola fondue, followed by the Pacific Rim with the Mojo, and the classic chocolate and peanut butter for dessert. The only drawback was the price of it all, being around $40+ per person for the 4 course dining experience, it's definitely a once in a while indulgence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Experiencecrnp2001Dined on 10/24/2014Great all-around time! Based on last time, my 12 year old son requested to go there with me. It was outstanding in every way. I worried that being seated near the bar would be too noisy, but it was fine. Mike was our waiter & one of the best that we've ever had. It was easy making the online reservation and seeing what was available. I am usually dairy/gluten-free, but there were enough food choices for me. The white-chocolate pumpkin fondue was amazing! Parking was available in the local lot, but figuring it out was a challenge. It's unfortunate that one has to purchase a $20 amt. up-front (with credits). They need more street meters accepting credit cards. However, that is not the fault of the restaurant, but the city.Special Features:
- great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The whole evening was wonderful, food, service and atmosphere. if i had to pick at least one negative, it would be prices of your speciality drinks. sangria glass is way small n filled with too much ice. you get like 2-3 sips n glass is empty. for $9 bucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday fun!mrsfenonDined on 10/22/2014Everytime of of our girlfriends has a birthday this is where we go! It's amazing and we all share bottles of wine! 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014we celebrated our 16th wedding aniversary and it was a really nice night. we really liked the resturant.Special Features:
- First time is a charm!SirNigel33Dined on 10/10/2014First experience for me but not for others in group. Highly enjoyable; management and waiter made us feel special. Knowledge of food and beer selection was impressive. Will definitely be coming back soon. Bar was more than I expected - didn't expect it to be so nice.Special Features:
- Fun eating experience.Buddy27Dined on 9/28/2014For a fun eating experience out with friends and family I would highly recommend the Melting Pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014It was my husband and I's first wedding anniversary & his first time dining at the melting pot. We had an awesome time & everything was literally perfect from start to end. We both agreed as we were eating our dinner, we would come every year for our anniversary. We will try to go back soon. It is one of our favorite places to go! Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We were a little disappointed. It was fun and interesting but we would not return. The drinks were good but the food wasn't. It was hard to tell what you were eating because the cooking styles and dipping sauces were overwhelming. The flavors all sort of ran together.Special Features:
- Girls Night OuthappygirlDined on 9/26/2014Recently, my 16-year old daughter, my daughter-in-law, and I went to the Melting Pot for girls night out. What an enjoyable time we had! Our waiter, Zach, was attentive and very personable. He and the other wait staff were quick to replace drinks and remove empty plates, although we never felt rushed by anyone. Dinner was delish from the appetizers to the dessert. Although we were a little confused about ordering, we felt better after Zach nicely explained our choices. We had the cheddar cheese dip for the appetizers, and the flaming turtle for dessert. We had both the Classic and the Seafood entrees at our table, and we enjoyed both. Dinner lasted 2 leisurely hours. Thanks for a delightful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceSchnitzelboyDined on 9/26/2014It used to be that every newly married couple was given a fondue pot among their wedding presents. Most sat unused until the couple decided to split and have a yard sale of their communal property. It turns out those fondue pots can conjure up some pretty tasty meals. The word "fondue' usually corresponds with thoughts of melted cheese but it is much more than just that gooey repast. Dinners at the Melting Pot generally start with a melted cheese course, but it is so much better than the cheap wine and Swiss cheese infused gloppy mess most of us are familiar with. The main course and dessert were even better. Delicious bits of steak and fish cooked communally to your particular preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELENTGr8placeDined on 9/21/2014First time here was little nervous but our server Mike was outstanding and explained everything!! Will definetly be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014VERY NICE ROMANTIC PLACE TO EAT. CHICKEN WAS A LITTLE OVER SPICED, BUT OTHER WISE, FOOD WAS REALY GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Romantic!Cindy711Dined on 9/20/2014My Husband and I come here to eat every year for our Wedding Anniversary, and look forward to dining here all year long. The lovers lane is so Romantic. The food is fantastic and service is great! Can't wait till next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Despite having a reservation my wife and I were forced to sit in the noisy bar area. Not good.Special Features:
- Great serviceFoodie4lifeDined on 9/17/2014All waiters were accommodating and patient as I'm very fickle about choices. It was my first time back to melting pot after over a year and I think they updated their menu with new selections.Special Features:
- Loved it!VIPAngelDined on 9/13/2014Highly recommend to anyone looking for a fun and delicious dining experience. I ordered the Fondue You, which included 3 entrée selections so you can try a few, and the portion was enough for 2 ladies to share. You also get a salad of your choice with this option, so we added a second salad and a lobster tail for $9.95. This left some room for dessert....not a lot of room....but enough that we were definitely feeling up for it, and it was amazing! You MUST get dessert!!! We were totally stuffed when we left....and so happy we shared the dinner. I will go back for sure! My husband would not like the idea of having to cook your own food, so I will make this a spot for girls night out again in the future.Special Features:
- Great fonduewineNdineDined on 9/10/2014Just went for dessert fondue-- it was pricy but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014It was a fun date night that was much needed. Making your own food there at the table was a different experience & I loved being able to try so many dipping sauces. It would have been tasty to try dessert but the price was a bit too much for us. I would like to go with friends or our kids just for dessert for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeStephanieDined on 9/8/2014I've been going here for over 10 yrs. would drive to nj before it was here. Love it. My kids love it. Went for MY anniversary and my children had to go too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicetdavisDined on 9/6/2014We did like the Bethlehem location better than Harrisburg. The service though lacked a little. Seamed that there was not enough wait staff on call. I would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for an occasionMikedawg89Dined on 9/4/2014My wife and I have gone to this place several times a year for the past 5 years. It is always a wonderful experience. Fantastic place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner took hours!Diner3Dined on 9/2/2014Food was mediocre & way too expensive. Portions getting smaller everytime we go there. Worst part was the service! Our server was so slow & kept disappearing. Restaurant was nearly empty yet we found our selves with empty glasses & dirty dishes in front of us, wondering if he was coming back. Random other staff would deliver our food to us but no one would clear our dishes.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightskipsandDined on 8/31/2014We had the perfect dining experience. Our waiter was Mike W. and he was terrific. He was very attentive and personable. He was very knowledgeable of the menu. He was available whenever we needed him without him hovering. That was impressive especially since we were seated on "lover's Lane". We had a wonderful meal and a wonderful time. Thank you Melting Pot for a wonderful night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodJwaibDined on 8/30/2014We had a great experience. We did bring our son with us. They have a kids menu, but it's 13.95 and includes just dinner. If you want you kid to enjoy dessert with you, it's 9.95 extra. That seems extreme for a 7 year old to have dessert. There should be a kids dessert price. Esp. after eating dinner there. Overall, a great time...Special Features:
- Great funpotstickerDined on 8/28/2014Great place to go with a group. Leisurely way to have a meal and enjoy your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Eveningnepawb661Dined on 8/26/2014I was looking for a nice restaurant where my wife and I could celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We chose the Melting Pot at the suggestion of our Daughter. I couldn't be happier with our choice. The atmosphere was fantastic, my daughter upgraded our reservation to an anniversity package. This package gave access to "Lovers Lane" an intimate setting, a champagne toast(we keep the glasses), a box of chocolate dipped strawberries and a framed picture. Unfortunately the camera was not working that evening. One of the Lady managers ran out to a local florist and left a half dozen salmon colored roses at our table. Our experience was fantastic, customer service above and beyond, staff friendly & professional, impeccable restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Bday spot!ThinkBigDreamBiggerDined on 8/25/2014I've choosen the melting pot for a girls night out for my birthday a few times! It's cheap and great to just relax, try something new and be social!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayreklaimerDined on 8/23/2014My fiance and I went out for a date night recently and I surprised her by going to the Melting Pot in Bethlehem, PA. We were never here before. The side of the resturant is ample and fit for couples, small groups, and even large groups. Our servers were very attentive and friendly. They explained how the experience worked and assisted us with the menu. The food was amazing. The flavors were extremely "potent" and I felt like we had plenty of food. Dessert was pretty much "to die for" as well. The whole meal took about two hours from start to finish. We also were seated in their "lover's lane" section which had controllable lighting and corner-style tables for closeness to the one you care about. We will certainly come back!Special Features:
- Great place to doneTangosfamily4Dined on 8/23/2014We have dined at the Melting Pot many times. It's always a fun and tasty experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Came here for my birthday and it was so fun and interactive. We loved it, especially the chocolate!Special Features:
- very unique dinning experiencefondueyou1Dined on 8/22/2014We have become "regulars" at the melting pot! Choices and food is always amazing! my absolute favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three cheers for fondue!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We went here for a date night / husband's birthday. Very impressed! The 4 course meal is sooooo much food for your buck. And most of it extraordinary! Excellent service, very friendly and knowledgeable. Great cocktails and beer list. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Unique dining experience!DinersDined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful dinner at the Melting Pot for our anniversary. My daughter enjoyed it as well. All the servers were friendly and helpful. Super quality of food!Special Features:
- Very Good. Great Experience!PickyEaterDined on 8/16/2014This was our first experience at the Melting Pot and it was very enjoyable and a different dining experience. All the staff were very pleasant. Would definitely recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMeltingPotManiac1Dined on 8/16/2014The food is so delicious. Every course. No matter what style you pick it will taste amazing. Cooking each bite at a time is tedious but it is well worth it. The dipping sauces are terrific. Get the lover's lane seating if you are taking that special someone. The staff will do anything to make sure you have a perfect date. The price is fair for the quality of food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food would dine againhungryGirlDined on 8/16/2014everything was delicious! I really enjoyed eating my salmon, tuna and filet. who would've ever known a fondue place would be filling! Desert was absolutely divine. I will be seeing The Melting Pot in the near future.Special Features:
- Little slow, menu changesPastymageDined on 8/11/2014Service was slower than usual, but they may have been busy or short-handed. The dipper options for desserts have changed...pineapple and blondies have been added, but cheesecake has been removed. :( Tried the white-chocolate and peaches dessert chocolate, which was quite good. Also the Yin-Yang Martini, which is pricey, but is basically a milkshake - order a virgin version if you just want the ice cream.
- Cooking at the table is unique.MargotDined on 8/10/2014Food was good, fresh and service was superb. Prices are on the high side, especially considering that diners have to cook their own food at the table, but that's an enjoyable part of dining there and feeds conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.