The Melting Pot - Austin - Northwest
13343 N Highway 183 Suite 350
Austin, TX 78750Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Austin - Northwest
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/austin
- Phone: 5124012424
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swedish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chocolate Fondue & Chocolate Covered Strawberries are available for catering events & take out.
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot in Northwest Austin has two private dining rooms. Our large room can accommodate up to 32 guests, while our more intimate room can seat 12. Group menus are available for your convenience.
- Private Party Contact: Hollie, email@example.com 5124012424
- Entertainment: We host periodic wine dinners, wine tastings and "Girls Night Out" events. We offer e-mail event listings. Please let us know if you would like to be included in our e-mail list.
A word from The Melting Pot - Austin - Northwest
The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant, offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won’t find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, an award winning wine list & fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get-together with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot always hits the spot. The Melting Pot offers the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces & delectable chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Austin - Northwest - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
The Melting Pot - Austin - Northwest reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)romantic (117)good for groups (51)fit for foodies (42)notable wine list (37)late-night find (14)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Anniversary nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful idea for celebrating an anniversary. We only had slight interruption in ambiance, since there appeared to be a young diner in the area. We realize there is a kids menu and this can happen. Still a great experience and tasty food. Keep in mind it takes time to have fondue warm up. Save the chocolate covered marshmallows for last if you want to end on a spectacular note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I go to the melting pot about 3 times a week! I absolutely love it. My fiance and I go for cheese and dessert because it's so feeling and we love home romantic the seating is. I've had my share of unfair service some ask if you one two servings or one for your food but others assume and that's frustrating when you're just going for dessert. I wish all their servers would ask but besides that I love this place and take all my friends.Special Features:
- Our special occasion restaurantSyndariaDined on 10/15/2014My husband and I both love fondue and this has become our place to go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodtasticSkettiDined on 10/15/2014we have been many times and always have an excellent experience; even though this is a kid friendly restaurant, there aren't children running around and being crazy, still very quiet. Almost like no one else is there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!~!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2014One of my all time favorite places to go for a special occasion! Have been doing so since the late 70's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the food!bbweaverDined on 10/12/2014We absolutely loved the melting pot! The food was great and our server was very helpful. It is pricey but worth it. There was a kid kicking the back of my husbands chair but it doesn't seem like a restaurant that would have kids there often. We absolutely would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting experienceLizTDined on 10/8/2014This was my first time ever eating fondue. The cheese was excellent. There could have been more/larger sized items to dip in the cheese to make it more enjoyable. The salad was delicious. I had the "wrap" salad. The entree was just okay. It was very dark so I couldn't tell if my meat was cooked to my preference (medium rare). I think I ended up eating half of my filets as rare, based off the waiter's recommendation of time to cook for my preference. Towards the last half of my steak I finally figured out I should leave it in longer. Having to cook your own meat is an interesting experience. Personally I prefer to have my steak cooked for me. The dessert (chocolate fondue) was awesome. Probably the best part of the meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/7/2014We had an excellent dining experience at The Melting Pot and look forward to dining there again. The food was fresh and delicious and the service was excellent. We would recommend it to anyone looking for a night of spending quality time with someone they love and enjoying quality time together experiencing the uniqueness of fondue cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The service was outstanding until the waiter got a 10 - 12 top and then we were non existent. We were out of drinks, ready for our desert course, but our waiter was overwhelmed with the group that decided they only had 2 hours to be in and out. I understand it's not all our waiters fault he tried his best, but the group should have had a separate waiter since they were so demanding. Other waiters noticed our empty drinks and lack of food and helped out eventually.Special Features:
- We enjoyed itJeromeDined on 10/3/2014My wife and me really appreaciate fondue and everything was very good ! To recommend !Special Features:
- Best Restaurant to dateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014My wife and I come here for special occasions. We get the best food, best service and never leave disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BignNate59Dined on 9/28/2014Food was fantastic!! 4 course of excellent food, very friendly staff, waiter was very helpful and very attentive. Great time and we will be back soon.Special Features:
- It was ok this timemeeeehDined on 9/28/2014We've always had a great experience. This time EVERYTHING was super slow AND we were only 1 of 6 tables.
- special experiencetrekkievetDined on 9/27/2014Our waiter, Brian, was wonderful. We love coming here for special occasions or even just a cheese and chocolate date night. They rotate specials to keep it fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice and Service1811Dined on 9/27/2014I had a coupon and made reservations for a night the coupon did not work for. I failed to read all of the fine print. I told the host and he corrected me on the issue but said that they would work out something. The service was excellent as always (this was my 4th trip to this specific location) and the food was also excellent. Our waiter was excellent and looked after us very well without being there too much. The food was excellent as always and I was amazed and what they were able to arrange, esp considering it was my own failure of not carefully reading the details of the coupon.Special Features:
- Mmmm... and ahhhh...luv2dineDined on 9/26/2014Super nice. Super amazing. Just go! Dress up. Look gorgeous. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Birthday Central!MaggimDined on 9/23/2014Our family wanted to do something special for our 90=year-old mother, so we made a reservation and drove through an hour of Austin traffic. It was worth it! We were a little late ( did I mention the traffic?) but they were gracious about it. Our server spoke clearly and was very kind t our mom. We did not order any special treats, but when he learned of her birthday, the server arranged for a round of champagne. With excellent service, scrumptious food and a reasonable bill, we left very happy.Special Features:
- Good for special outingSubSkipDined on 9/20/2014We were seated at our reservation time. Service was good. Our waiter explained everything and answered all of our questions. Food was so-so. For the money, there are better options out there. Based on the price and the location ($100.00 for two, we drove from S. Austin), this establishment will be reserved for special occasions only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Date NightCraesheDined on 9/19/2014Bring a groupon, because you will spend $100 easy without one! We choose to try it with the groupon and 'ohh my, ohh my', what a great place! Quiet atmosphere with an intimate eating arrangement. Cook your own food makes you feel like the chef as well being able to take the time to share the evening with a special someone. Great place! Recommended!Special Features:
- Strange Service ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Our server was prone to inappropriate commentary. Examples - he mentioned that the table we were seated at was the table that most people use for "under the table" sexual foreplay. He also rambled on about his friend's dad's body hair for a while. He kept talking while we were waiting on our food (and he was holding it right in front of us). Before we were about to leave, I asked for a to-go box. He took my left-over food and accidentally threw it away. I asked about it while we were leaving - he apologized and brought us a to-go container full of raw meat and vegetables. I have no idea why I tipped this guy. Food was decent.
- Fonduely Remembered EventLindinoDined on 9/14/2014Eating at the Melting Pot makes any day special and a fonduely (fondly) remembered event. Trying the different dippers for the cheese, meats and desserts turned eating into an tasting adventure, and nothing was Ho Hum. (Would like a cocktail sauce for the shrimp). From watching the wait staff mix the cheese dip to noting the pleasing placement of the meats on white platters, everything has a visually pleasing flare, as it also whets your appetite for the tasting part as well. Even the house salad dressing was especially zesty and unique. The white chocolate with peaches and almonds was fun and tasty. And just when we thought it could not get any better, we were treated to complimentary champagne in lovely flutes to cap off our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateGfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Servers are well trained to make your night fantastic! Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our waiter, Tony, really distinguished himself and made our experience enormously fun! My wife and I had a blast trying all 4 courses. We will definitely be back for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but over pricedlovesDined on 9/13/2014Love the cheese and chocolate. Entres are mediocre. Good service. Unfortunately we were seated next to a very loud, obnoxious table. When the bill came, we were shocked. There aren't prices on the menu so it adds up quickly. There were 3 of us. We each ordered one drink. We shared the cheese fondue, each had a salad, and shared a pot of chocolate. The bill was $95.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightdatenightwiththeWallsDined on 9/12/2014Food was amazingly delicious ! Top Service from Blake ! Great place for a romantic date it is now on the top of our date night listSpecial Features:
- Slow and expensiveNoNicknameDined on 9/11/2014Dinner took over three hours. We saw our server about every half hour. By the time we were waiting for the check the child in our party was melting down completely - we had to leave cash and go. The staff are nice but the waiting time is absurd. Don't bring kids.
- Great food, terrible serviceFoodie25Dined on 9/10/2014The food was delicious as always, however, the service was awful and took away from the experience. We sat for 10 minutes with empty plates waiting for our check and once we paid had to wait another 10 until she came back to run the card. Our waitress never refilled our waters and we had to wait between each course. I don't normally go to a restaurant on a Wednesday night that costs $150, but it was our anniversary. It was very disappointing and became a night if frustration instead of a night if celebration.Special Features:
- great service2124Dined on 9/10/2014The food was great and so was the service.The ambiance was very good. The meal is a long experience, it took 3 hours, since you're cooking your own food. The chocolate and cheese fondues are so amazing!Special Features:
- Great for anniversariesdjspankyDined on 9/9/2014I celebrated my 5th anniversary with my fiance recently. Our favorite thing to do is go to the Melting Pot. I highly suggest it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014We go to the melting pot every year for our anniversary and it's always fabulous! Great food and awesome service!Special Features:
- Extremely pleased!CherDined on 9/6/2014The staff at The Melting Pot is outstanding! We missed our exit on the expressway so we were late and when I called they were so gracious about holding our table. When we arrived everyone was so pleasant (not annoyed that we held anything up). It was our anniversary and they gave us complimentary champagne! Our server was perfect, he was attentive but not too much and very pleasant and knowledgeable. It was an excellent evening overall, not a single complaint. Well maybe just one, we were too full for the chocolate fondue :( lol..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great all around.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014What a pleasure. Everything just keep getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotCookieDined on 8/31/2014It is a fabulous place, the waiter was very experienced, intuitive and knowledgable in all aspects. Everything was fresh and crisp, we had the broth with citrus, steak, pork, duck and lobster along with fresh vegatables, and a crisp green apple. The meat was cut without fat, in great portions and didn't take long to cook. Later we had the Ying and Yang chocolate served with sliced strawberries, pound cake, rice crispy, marshmellows encrusted with dark chocolate and much more, we tried everything and loved it!! As far as the noise level there wasn't much at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude server ruined birthdayMissPaisleyDined on 8/30/2014The server was one of the worst servers I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. She single handedly ruined our evening. After informing her we were celebrating a birthday she said "fine" and not so much as a happy birthday. Several members of our party are deaf and the server seemed severely put out that we were signing and translating what she was saying. She spoke as few words to us as possible and tended to us as little as passable. One of the broths had an ingredient my friend was allergic to - we requested a new broth and the server was visibly annoyed and quite rude the rest of the evening. We had been looking forward to celebrating at the melting pot but if this is how the waitstaff is trained, I doubt we will ever visit again.Special Features:
- awesome date nightdinnerdateDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful food excellent service great atmosphere for a romantic date night out would definitely recommended to friends and love the groupons offers makes it affordable to go and have a wonderful night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Had an A+ experience. Server was very helpful with recommending the cheese and main course.Special Features:
- JmazzDined on 8/23/2014Though the waiter was polite and knowledgeable....I felt he rushed us a bit and was not as attentive as previous waiters had been. I couldn't tell if he was rushing because there were quite a few tables or the fact that there were people waiting in the lobby. But I have always felt like I could take my time. For example, we weren't done with our cheese entree when he put the next pot on our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favoriteStinaDined on 8/18/2014I have never been disappointed with this restaurant. The servers are always attentive and the food is always amazing. The only reason I didn't give an excellent rating on the service this time is bc they forgot one of our cheese dipper add ons and the bartender was pretty terrible. The drinks were great but she is not up to their service standards. She was pretty curt when I asked for change at the bar. She stood at another booth right next to me talking to people I think she knew and talked about how bad the food is calorie-wise. WHAT? Why would you do that in a fondue restaurant? No one goes to a restaurant that serves you a bowl of cheese and expects it to be diet food. We don't want to be reminded of that while we are eating it.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect!NewfavespotDined on 8/15/2014Our waiter was awesome, the food was outstanding and really fun to dip and cook and they brought us complimentary champagne for only our 6 months which was really sweet of them to do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DIY dinnerCDubDined on 8/13/2014Very neat place to eat all the food was delicious. I needed the waitress to explain exactly how it worked (Type A) and once I fully grasped what I was getting myself into I was on board 100%. The oddest thing was with the entree's, you actually cook your own meats/veggies. So I had my phone out with the stopwatch going, but trying to juggle my and my wife's skewers in the pot while trying to pull them out at their optimal 'doneness' was nerve-wrecking, so in the end I just dumped all of one kind, let the timer go and use the slotted spoon to divide and conquer. WIN! Sauces were great and we were full well before dessert, so the 4-course meal was more than perfect. Not sure if folks would like it because of the DIY aspect, but I had fun!Special Features: