The Melting Pot - Austin - Northwest
13343 N Highway 183 Suite 350
Austin, TX 78750Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Austin - Northwest
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/austin
- Phone: (512) 401-2424
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swedish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chocolate Fondue & Chocolate Covered Strawberries are available for catering events & take out.
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot in Northwest Austin has two private dining rooms. Our large room can accommodate up to 32 guests, while our more intimate room can seat 12. Group menus are available for your convenience.
- Private Party Contact: Hollie, firstname.lastname@example.org 5124012424
- Entertainment: We host periodic wine dinners, wine tastings and "Girls Night Out" events. We offer e-mail event listings. Please let us know if you would like to be included in our e-mail list.
A word from The Melting Pot - Austin - Northwest
The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant, offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won’t find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, an award winning wine list & fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get-together with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot always hits the spot. The Melting Pot offers the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces & delectable chocolate fondue desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Austin - Northwest - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
The Melting Pot - Austin - Northwest reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (138)romantic (127)good for groups (58)fit for foodies (49)notable wine list (37)late-night find (16)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (13)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- 18th Birthday DinnerLilwar72Dined on 11/22/2014We arrived at 735 pm for a 745pm reservation. We were quickly taken to our table or so we thought. We sat down and were asked where the fourth person was at. We informed the lady that there was only three of us. She verified the last night and it wasn't ours. So, we got up took the walk of shame back to the front of the restaurant. We waited about 10-15 minutes and then were taken back to the same table and told that the other party apparently never showed up. We did receive an apology for the moving around. We were there celebrating my daughter's 18th birthday. She had never been there and it was great. She enjoyed the "show". We had the four course meal and of course the chocolate was her favorite. We have been to the Melting on numerous occasions and we had a great waiter/server. He was very informative and a good conversationalist (didn't talk too much and made us feel welcome).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlacKnight28Dined on 11/21/2014We enjoyed the service, food and prices; however, the ambience is a little lacking (especially since the restaurant sits in a strip mall).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014My boyfriend and I have been coming to this restaurant at 183/ Anderson Mill location for years now. It is by far both of our favorites and we love coming on the ladies night so we are both able to fit it in to our budget once a month. We almost always have great service. We love how intimate the settings are and the dark/romantic ambiance. From Anniversaries to birthdays to just your average Monday night, the food is always delicious and somehow always seems to get better and better. I will say that the only flaw in our last visit was that we both noticed that our server got a little flustered from (what seemed like) being "triple sat", which in turn took us much longer than normal to get our entrees. However he was still very polite and personable and we didn't mind waiting as previously stated, the ambiance and intimacy of the booths are great. Just gave us more time to enjoy the experience. We will definitely be life time customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!AustinGirlsDined on 11/16/2014Had a great time as always. Food is delicious. Jocelyn at the Bar, and Eric the server were knowledgeable, prompt, and polite. Would definitely return! JKMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very relaxed and enjoyableshoulders3Dined on 11/16/2014This was our first time having fondue out, though we've had it many times at home. The waiters were very good about explaining how everything worked so that we had a good comfort level with what we were doing. While we did all 4 courses (cheese, salad, entree, chocolate), we were pretty full by the chocolate course and just got half size servings (there were 4 of us dining but just got fondue for 2). In hindsight, the chocolate fondue was so delicious that I think next time we'll get a smaller portion of the cheese fondue to leave more room :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall fun, and great experience.fromwesttxDined on 11/14/2014I took my parents here for the first time, it was a brand new experience for them and they loved it. The lobster tail was amazing, and the chocolate was even better!!! I suggest that if you take kids you keep a really close eye on them, the burners are right on the table and they could burn their hands. I think its more of a place to take your significant other, or when your children are a lot more older. Overall though the experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place- Portions too smallstarfox27Dined on 11/14/2014Enjoyed the ambiance of the Melting Pot. Our waiter, Gabriel, was awesome. The experience is unique. The food was good, but the portions were WAY to small for the price you are paying....$40+ dollars for 6 ounces of food is absurd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerLuveatingDined on 11/9/2014This was our first time at the Melting Pot and it was great! It was great atmosphere, great service, great food, and most of all a great dining experience. Would return to try other dishes. Our server was so helpful in his explanations of how the restaurant worked and recommended pairing of cooking styles and dishes....just an overall wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationMelgDined on 11/9/2014In November we have three family members celebrating birthdays in the space of a week. The Melting Pot is always a great choice because of the great food, fun atmosphere and friendly service.Special Features:
- Amazing experiencekirankadDined on 11/8/2014The starter was great. Entree was pretty good too. Dessert was amazing. I am vegetarian and still had lot of food to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014I have been here several times for a date night or with another couple as a double date and it was always a lot of fun and could provide romantic ambiance. This occasion, we brought our 8 yr old son. He had a great time, but he overindulged just like we did. He quickly decided this was his favorite restaurant EVER but he was too full. He even said he was still full when he woke up the next morning - quite cute. Overall, would recommend this as a date spot AND a good spot for a small family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodGrahammerDined on 11/2/2014Very interesting idea. Food and Service was great. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We loved it - it was our first visit. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- It's always top-notch...BasiaMilleDined on 11/1/2014We've always had top-notch service and the best cooking experience! The servers are well-versed in walking you through the menu and how-tos of cooking. The filet, chicken, shrimp and pot stickers are my favorites! Of course you must save room for the 'Flaming Turtle' chocolate! We skip the marshmellows and rice krispies for extra bananas and strawberries! Great place for a romantic dinner or fun time with the family! Kids think cooking in a pot at the table is the coolest thing EVER.Special Features:
- Things to consider for groupsJBakerDined on 10/31/2014We finally took a group of friends for a birthday gathering for 4 people who had never been here before. As a group of 6 we were in a booth with 2 burners. Elbow to elbow with 3 couples. We're friends so it wasn't the closeness that bothered us, but the constant reaching over and asking one another to pass a fondue fork over to the adjacent burner for different food. Maybe they have other seating arrangements and we just received the short stick, but we wont be going in a group to the melting pot anytime soon again. If you go as a couple, you get one burner and a bowl of each dippers. If you go with 4, you're all sharing that one burner. Less is better for this type of place.Special Features:
- Fun experience but food is blahCPTXVIPDined on 10/27/2014This is our third time at a Melting Pot and will be our last. It's a fun experience, butte quality of the food is mediocre and the value for the price is nonexistent.Special Features:
- Great for DatesminisanityDined on 10/19/2014Have visited this Melting Pot several times. Atmosphere is excellent for a date (low lighting, all seating is benches with high backs so you don't see other customers). On a related note, please don't bring your small kids here for dinner: cooking food in a vat of hot oil is best suited to teenagers and up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 10/19/2014We have beengoing to various Melting Pot's over the years and found this visit to be the least fullfilling. The tables were much more confining and the food overall was average at best.Special Features:
- horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014I've had great food and service before, but this last visit was absolutely horrible. We waited nearly 20 minutes for a waitress/waiter after being seated. ...had to finally go up to the hostess to inquire about being waited on. Many items were not brought to our table that we ordered, our drinks we were not offered or asked if we would like additional drinks, we were over charged on our check and asked for the manager. When the manager arrived and we explained very calmly all we were told was that it was unfortunate. ???!!. Loved the restaurant, but you've lost a repeat customer.Special Features:
- Anniversary nightspecialoccassiondinerDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful idea for celebrating an anniversary. We only had slight interruption in ambiance, since there appeared to be a young diner in the area. We realize there is a kids menu and this can happen. Still a great experience and tasty food. Keep in mind it takes time to have fondue warm up. Save the chocolate covered marshmallows for last if you want to end on a spectacular note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price != Food qualityRachelleBryanDined on 10/17/2014This is our second time coming here and I must say, the shininess has worn off. We had great memories of the first visit but now that we know what to expect, all you're left with is the quality of the food. Bread and cheese is always great and it's worth it I think, $17 for two people is decent. When you get to the main course though, you're paying $20-25 per person for boiled meat... Do you know what amazing delicious things you can eat for $20 at other places that isn't boiled meat?! The same kind of sharing-food group experience can be had at Korea House where you can eat bbq, but Korea House isn't romantic and the Melting Pot is, so that's the trade off. Still, I'll probably take my "romantic group" to Bartlett's instead and eat ribs.Special Features:
- Love this placeMissTDined on 10/17/2014I go to the melting pot about 3 times a week! I absolutely love it. My fiance and I go for cheese and dessert because it's so feeling and we love home romantic the seating is. I've had my share of unfair service some ask if you one two servings or one for your food but others assume and that's frustrating when you're just going for dessert. I wish all their servers would ask but besides that I love this place and take all my friends.Special Features:
- Our special occasion restaurantSyndariaDined on 10/15/2014My husband and I both love fondue and this has become our place to go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodtasticSkettiDined on 10/15/2014we have been many times and always have an excellent experience; even though this is a kid friendly restaurant, there aren't children running around and being crazy, still very quiet. Almost like no one else is there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!~!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2014One of my all time favorite places to go for a special occasion! Have been doing so since the late 70's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the food!bbweaverDined on 10/12/2014We absolutely loved the melting pot! The food was great and our server was very helpful. It is pricey but worth it. There was a kid kicking the back of my husbands chair but it doesn't seem like a restaurant that would have kids there often. We absolutely would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting experienceLizTDined on 10/8/2014This was my first time ever eating fondue. The cheese was excellent. There could have been more/larger sized items to dip in the cheese to make it more enjoyable. The salad was delicious. I had the "wrap" salad. The entree was just okay. It was very dark so I couldn't tell if my meat was cooked to my preference (medium rare). I think I ended up eating half of my filets as rare, based off the waiter's recommendation of time to cook for my preference. Towards the last half of my steak I finally figured out I should leave it in longer. Having to cook your own meat is an interesting experience. Personally I prefer to have my steak cooked for me. The dessert (chocolate fondue) was awesome. Probably the best part of the meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/7/2014We had an excellent dining experience at The Melting Pot and look forward to dining there again. The food was fresh and delicious and the service was excellent. We would recommend it to anyone looking for a night of spending quality time with someone they love and enjoying quality time together experiencing the uniqueness of fondue cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The service was outstanding until the waiter got a 10 - 12 top and then we were non existent. We were out of drinks, ready for our desert course, but our waiter was overwhelmed with the group that decided they only had 2 hours to be in and out. I understand it's not all our waiters fault he tried his best, but the group should have had a separate waiter since they were so demanding. Other waiters noticed our empty drinks and lack of food and helped out eventually.Special Features:
- We enjoyed itJeromeDined on 10/3/2014My wife and me really appreaciate fondue and everything was very good ! To recommend !Special Features:
- Best Restaurant to dateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014My wife and I come here for special occasions. We get the best food, best service and never leave disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BignNate59Dined on 9/28/2014Food was fantastic!! 4 course of excellent food, very friendly staff, waiter was very helpful and very attentive. Great time and we will be back soon.Special Features:
- It was ok this timemeeeehDined on 9/28/2014We've always had a great experience. This time EVERYTHING was super slow AND we were only 1 of 6 tables.
- special experiencetrekkievetDined on 9/27/2014Our waiter, Brian, was wonderful. We love coming here for special occasions or even just a cheese and chocolate date night. They rotate specials to keep it fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice and Service1811Dined on 9/27/2014I had a coupon and made reservations for a night the coupon did not work for. I failed to read all of the fine print. I told the host and he corrected me on the issue but said that they would work out something. The service was excellent as always (this was my 4th trip to this specific location) and the food was also excellent. Our waiter was excellent and looked after us very well without being there too much. The food was excellent as always and I was amazed and what they were able to arrange, esp considering it was my own failure of not carefully reading the details of the coupon.Special Features:
- Mmmm... and ahhhh...luv2dineDined on 9/26/2014Super nice. Super amazing. Just go! Dress up. Look gorgeous. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Birthday Central!MaggimDined on 9/23/2014Our family wanted to do something special for our 90=year-old mother, so we made a reservation and drove through an hour of Austin traffic. It was worth it! We were a little late ( did I mention the traffic?) but they were gracious about it. Our server spoke clearly and was very kind t our mom. We did not order any special treats, but when he learned of her birthday, the server arranged for a round of champagne. With excellent service, scrumptious food and a reasonable bill, we left very happy.Special Features:
- Good for special outingSubSkipDined on 9/20/2014We were seated at our reservation time. Service was good. Our waiter explained everything and answered all of our questions. Food was so-so. For the money, there are better options out there. Based on the price and the location ($100.00 for two, we drove from S. Austin), this establishment will be reserved for special occasions only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Date NightCraesheDined on 9/19/2014Bring a groupon, because you will spend $100 easy without one! We choose to try it with the groupon and 'ohh my, ohh my', what a great place! Quiet atmosphere with an intimate eating arrangement. Cook your own food makes you feel like the chef as well being able to take the time to share the evening with a special someone. Great place! Recommended!Special Features:
- Strange Service ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Our server was prone to inappropriate commentary. Examples - he mentioned that the table we were seated at was the table that most people use for "under the table" sexual foreplay. He also rambled on about his friend's dad's body hair for a while. He kept talking while we were waiting on our food (and he was holding it right in front of us). Before we were about to leave, I asked for a to-go box. He took my left-over food and accidentally threw it away. I asked about it while we were leaving - he apologized and brought us a to-go container full of raw meat and vegetables. I have no idea why I tipped this guy. Food was decent.