The Melting Pot - Atlantic City
2112 Atlantic Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/atlantic-city/specials
- Phone: 6094411100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday 4pm-10pm Friday 4pm-11pm Saturday 12pm-11pm Sunday 12pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Swiss
- Executive Chef: Alex Urbieta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot in Atlantic City has several different areas available for private parties. We are able to host private parties from 2 to 212 guests. This includes 3 party rooms ranging from 12 to 52 guests. Our "Lovers Lane" features eight private booths for two that provide a very intimate setting for that special night out. Our dining room features seven VIP booths, each in their own private room. All of these options are sure to give you and your party a perfect night out!
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Haney 6094411100
- Special Events: The restaurant is conveniently located at The Walk in the center of Atlantic City and can seat 212 guests. This includes 3 party rooms ranging from 12 to 52 guests. Buy outs are available, call for information and let us help you plan your next event.
- Cross Street: N. Missouri Ave
- Public Transit: All public transportation as well as the Jitneys are available to and from our restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Discounted $5 valet service after 4pm. The valet is located one block north on Atlantic Ave. Turn right immediately after Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. There is also public parking at the SJTA- Atlantic Ave. lot diagonally across the street from the restaurant. Bear right off of the AC Expressway between Arctic Ave and Atlantic Ave. Parking is also available in the Caesars parking garage located directly behind the us. The "Temple" parking garage is closest to the restaurant.
A word from The Melting Pot - Atlantic City
At the Melting Pot we offer an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as the finest cheese fondues, meats, seafoods, vegetables and chocolate fondues available. No matter whether you're planning a romantic date, a business meeting or just a get together with friends, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
The Melting Pot - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)romantic (100)good for groups (59)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (33)hot spot (22)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (18)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- OverpricedOverpricedDined on 8/23/2014Entrees were expensive and it was an up charge for the fondue that was the most flavorful. The reason you r there is for the fondue and it was ridiculous to be charged extra for anything that wasn't broth or oil. Very disappointed. We couldn't cook vegetables to taste good just tasted hot but raw.
- A Break From the EverydayNilesBIshopDined on 8/23/2014Sometimes you just get tired of the same old dining experience and want to try something different and delicious. Nothing is more fun at lunch than a nice salad or a cheese or chocolate fondue. The servers always make your meal special.Special Features:
- Unbelievably amazing.DukeDined on 8/18/2014We went out for our anniversary dinner and decided to try fondue for the first time. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful with our menu selection. We definitely plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowest serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014We were a group of 8 - adults and 3 kids age ten. The waiter was so sweet but obviously in over his head. It took over 45 minutes to get our first round of drinks. After waiting, he didn't know how to open a wine bottle so we took his corkscrew and opened it ourselves. This happened twice since we ordered 2 bottles over the course of the evening. We have been to Melting Pot several times. This was by far the strangest experience. I wouldn't call it terrible because you could see how hard the waiter was trying, but it was extremely slow, the bar tender came out to help him start the fondues at one point. We were there for 3 1/2 hours - way to long for any dinner. I think the staff needs more training or assistance.Special Features:
- very good novelty restaurantRaymondDined on 8/14/2014My children 13 and 10 loved the restaurant. Great for the family to do as it keeps them active throughout the meal. Service is great. Very expensive could have eaten at the Palm or Old Homestead for about the same priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, took too longJennDined on 8/13/2014Let me start with, the food being excellent. We we to the restaurant for my birthday and there were 6 of us. It is perfect for groups. But when the idea in Atlantic City is to get back to the slot machines, it took way to long. I have been to Melting Pot before and we were out of there in 1 1/2 tops. It took us 3 hours!! In between courses our waiter would disappear for 1/2 hour. Since I picked the restaurant, I felt horrible. My friends husbands were not pleased and kept making comments. Do not pick this restaurant unless you plan on using up most of your night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceChocloverDined on 8/8/2014Out server Shawn was super nice, attentive, and knowledgable. Recommended a new wine we fell in love with. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeFinnDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food and a fun experience. Couldn't imagine basically cooking you're own food at a restaurant could be fun but it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!taymar09Dined on 8/7/2014My friend and I went to have a girls night out and we had an amazing time at the Melting Pot! It was something fun and different which is exactly what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Cheshire1Dined on 8/6/2014The resturant was a special find. While it was expensive, the kids had a blast. Would recommend the fondue experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014For two years now, this has been a special occasion spot for my boyfriend and myself. I do prefer the private booths, it creates such an intimate atmosphere. Service here is always exceptionally wonderful. It's filled with friendly, personable service (who are always patient with my indecisiveness). The one thing I would recommend is better quality or better preparation of the tofu. My boyfriend is a vegetarian, and he didn't get to enjoy the actually entree portion of his meal. Otherwise, no complaints from us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodZachDined on 8/2/2014Had never been to a Melting Pot before and decided to try it out. The food was very good and the waiter checked on us frequently to make sure we didn't need anything.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014I visit The Melting Pot about once every 3 months. I have been to the AC location approx 5 times, I have never encountered less then average service till this time. The waiter was friendly but did not explain anything to the table & we had a couple people in our party that had never been to The Melting Pot before. The meal usually takes approx 2 hrs for the 4 course experience, ours took over 3, we waited almost a 1/2 hr to get our entrees after we finished our salads. When we got our chocolate fondue, they were both cold. The waiter finally came back around to us to turn the burners up to the correct temp. as we were finishing up. We were very disappointed w/ our experience at this location & will not be returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- just wasn't our styleheidigurlDined on 8/2/2014Didn't realize that we would have to cook our own food.Special Features:
- JanineJanine2536Dined on 8/2/2014Out waiter, Eddie, did a great job. He was funny, knowledgeable and he was just awesome. We had a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PapaleckiVIPDined on 7/26/2014We've been coming to the melting pot in AC for years. A couple times a month in season. We've noticed a significant decline in foot traffic in the restaurant recently. The portions are getting smaller and the vibe of the restaurant is dwindling. On a Saturday night in July, the bar was empty. The decline in AC casinos is having a ripple effect to the restaurant scene. It is a shameSpecial Features:
- Never fails to pleasetricnrobDined on 7/26/2014We never leave THE MELTING POT disappointed. Menu changed slightly since we were last here but it was for the better. The Caprese Salad is a refreshing new change. Service was, as usual, exceptional, professional and welcoming. We enjoy this location as we can take a casual stroll along the boardwalk afyer our meal.Special Features:
- Amazing Date Night!coastiegirlfriendDined on 7/25/2014My boyfriend and I are from out of town and he had just graduated boot camp. We decided to go celebrate that and our anniversary at the same time. The gave us a VIP room very excluded from the dinning area but still served very well. The food was to die for and the dessert was amazing! Definitely coming back again! Highly recommending it to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unfulfilled promiseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/24/2014I was excited to go to the melting pot in part because of the vegetarian options but was told by our server that all the food at the table would be cooked in the same sauce so that the vegetarian food would be mixed with my companions' meat dishes which makes no sense and effectively foreclosed the option of my having a main course. Also, with regard to the fondue although the cheese fondue was good, the portions were ridiculously small and the chocolate fondue was not heated properly so it was like eating fruit with Hershey's syrup.
- Ladies Night at the Melting PotPLA216Dined on 7/24/2014My first visit to the Melting Pot, AC was a few years ago with my husband... We had a fantastic experience. This week I went with a friend for Ladies Night and was mostly disappointed. Drinks were extremely weak and dippers were not overly fresh. We felt a bit rushed through our entire meal. Not sure I would return anytime soon.Special Features:
- Had betterUnhappyDined on 7/24/2014Salads prepared improperly-nuts in wrong salad-and waitress only comment was 'will tell co-worker'. 2nd cocktail not made like 1st. Did not get water refill unless asked and then only got one refill even though glasses clearly empty when waitress returned. Waitress rushed meal after salad complaint. Did not refill entree dipping sauce even though said she would. Had coupon for free strawberries but didn't take it off bill until reminded. Never saw a manger. Staff repeatedly walked back and forth past room looking in.
- The worst meal I ever hadSushisamDined on 7/23/2014The decor looks like a prison everything is grey and black. Then you have horrible 40s music blasting in the background. We had a living social deal for 4 people that I got for $100. Unfortunately Our 4th person couldn't come. They did nothing to acknowledge The extra money paid for the other person, no extra meal no discount Nothing. Then the food, we got the cheddar , all you could taste was the Bitter beer they put in. The entree comes out raw so they brought me Slabs of raw duck and filet that you had to boil in this nasty smelling broth They bring six sauces, none of which tasted of anything. Finally when I gave Them my phone to scan the voucher. They had no way to scan it so we Spent 20 minutes searching emails to get the number!Special Features:
- Death By Chocolate (AWESOME)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Boyfriend and I went here for my bday dinner after a day of fun in AC - it was GREAT. Waitress was awesome, ambiance was totally cool and the food was great. Loved every second of it... needed to be rolled out of the restaurant... be sure to take a long walk after!Special Features:
- Loved it!!!Melissa126Dined on 7/16/2014This was my first time at the melting pot and I loved it, from the first moment till the end it was amazing. Our waitress was great I'm a server my self and loved the fact that she did everything I would have done. And since it was our first time she made sure to let us know everything and answer all our questionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfectACwinningDined on 7/12/2014Food was great, experience is great!! Staff was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLiAndGDined on 7/7/2014As usual, our dinner was fantastic!! Tom was terrific and attentive!!Special Features:
- Not a typical experienceSUMJEMDined on 6/30/2014AC's MP has a great layout, but the food prep does not match other locations. Example, mozzarella in the capresse salad=2 tiny pieces, out of asparagus? For the vegetarian option, that's pretty important (run to the grocery store!), and no whole strawberries to dip? What? Instead one large over rip strawberry sliced!!! You would not find any of this happening at the other locations we've visited. And this was a birthday dinner!!!Special Features:
- AmyNehocyma02Dined on 6/28/2014Food was really good, Although I wouldn't recommend chicken it didn't have much flavor and I didnt like the dipping sauces but everything else was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !!!!MLCTDined on 6/28/2014I went to the melting pot ac right before i saw lady gaga on saturday the 28th there are many melting pots many places. I found the setting relaxing and quiet t was very confusing cooking your food like pork and beef in vegetable broth because you did not know what every thing was and the time limit to cook i would go again but not all the time by the way the pork is AMAZING in get it!!!!!Special Features:
- Great experienceKellaDined on 6/23/2014This was my first time to a melting pot. It was a great experience, I recommend that everyone try it. The food was good but the desert was delicious! I would go back just for the desert alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Fonduefoodie83VIPDined on 6/22/2014The food was excellent. The music was terrible. We fell like we were in a dentist waiting room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary here anytimeLarryDined on 6/22/2014This was our second visit to celebrate a wedding anniversary. The private room is ideal. Service was great. Fondue is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what it use to beeattwiceasmuchDined on 6/21/2014cut many of the different cheeses and the portion are smallSpecial Features:
- Great Food and FunGreatFoodAndFunDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant décor is classy, but comfortable. The food is awesome....not one bad choice yet! It is a unique dining experience, and great for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversary's, graduations, etc...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just DessertMsJonesDined on 6/20/2014I took my boyfriend here to celebrate his birthday. We had dinner somewhere else but wanted to do dessert here. We loved it! I thought it was a great seal to our fabulous evening dinner. I liked the fact that they give you extra sides for your chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, cool idea, good foodJerlyDined on 6/18/2014We made reservations an hour beforehand and we're seated immediately upon arrival. The interior decoration is modern and attractive, while giving a hint of romanticism with the private rooms along the sides of the restaurant. I cannot emphasize how we were treated by our server, Vinny. The fondue idea is fantastic and new, yet it does not alter the flavor of the food. With our entrée, we were given six different sauces to compliment the chicken, lobster and beef we ordered. In addition, the cheese fondue comes with unlimited bread and vegetables, while the dessert fondue comes with unlimited sweets. Everything about this restaurant is great but do not come on a day in which you are on a busy schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLoriHDined on 6/18/2014Love the fondue concept, it was a fun date night with husband.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful!KrisDined on 6/17/2014Our experience at The Melting Pot was phenomenal! We did the 4-course dining option and everyone was soooo stuffed by the time we were done. Everything was delicious and the whole night was so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Service was fantastic. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!NanaDar51Dined on 6/2/2014This was my first visit to The Melting Pot and it did not disappoint! Our waitress was fun and knowledgable too. We had the 4 Cheese (Quatre Fromage) as our main course. The dippers were a variety of raw veggies, apples and white & wheat breads were plentiful, though Danielle offered more. It was Delicious!!! We had such a good and relaxing time. No rush here...they want you to fully enjoy each course. We moved on to dessert from here...The Chocolate Turtle. All fondues are mixed table side by your server. Chocolate, caramel and pecans in our case.Yumm! Dippers ranged from fresh fruits to brownie and blondie bites and marshmallows. Sooooo good!! We highly recommend a visit. Will try the entrees next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.