The Melting Pot - Arlington VA
1110 N. Glebe Rd
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Arlington VA
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/arlington-va/specials
- Phone: 7032434490
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Fairfax Dr
- Public Transit: From the Metro - Orange Line: Take Metro to the Ballston Metro stop. Come out of Metro station onto Fairfax Drive. Make a left onto Fairfax and walk about 3 blocks to Glebe Road. Make a right onto Glebe Road and walk about 1 1/2 blocks. The restaurant is on the left.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: After 4:30 pm pay discounted Melting Pot parking rate of $2.00 for 4 hours with validation; After the 4 hour period, validation is void and posted rates apply.
A word from The Melting Pot - Arlington VA
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Arlington VA - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
The Melting Pot - Arlington VA reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)romantic (104)good for groups (67)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (31)kid-friendly (23)hot spot (15)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Fun, delicious dining experiencekward516Dined on 9/14/2014My hubby and I dined here for the first time after buying a Living Social deal. The food was delicious, from my hubby's duck to my chicken potstickers and the mojo broth – yum! We got peanut butter chocolate fondue for dessert which was amazing! Nice assortment of fruit and sweets to dip. Our waitress was sweet and took the time to explain everything to us. My only complaint is the drink I ordered. It was a strawberry basil lemonade, supposedly with strawberry vodka in it. I could not taste any alcohol at all. I should have said something but was embarrassed that our waitress might think I'm a lush. :-) It tasted great, but I was disappointed since I paid $7.95 for it. Overall great though, and will be back, especially for dessert.Special Features:
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014how can you not like this place ? Fun and tasty! I always enjoy this place .Special Features:
- Fell short...SonnyDined on 9/11/2014We were excited to try something new for our son's birthday. Experience fell short of our expectations. Though the server was nice, the service was not commensurate with the price and expectations. Lots of waiting due to her training a new employee. Everyone needs to be trained...just recommend that you do it in a venue that doesn't come at a cost to the customer. Not likely to return to this location.Special Features:
- Always great food!ResearcherDined on 9/11/2014I have gone to The Melting Pot many times, and the food is always excellent. Since this is a different kind of dining experience make sure to allow at least 2 hours to dine, and you won't be disappointed. Service is usually outstanding with the wait staff eager to make sure you are happy with your experience.Special Features:
- Fond of FonduePlus2Dined on 9/11/2014Kids enjoyed the cheddar cheese appetizer and cooking in the coq au von. Their favorite part of the meal… yin-yang chocolate fondue. They got extra rice krispy treats to finish the chocolate. Fun dinner for the family. Also, got the package of flowers, balloons and picture to remember the evening.Special Features:
- Loved it!kap10Dined on 9/10/2014As always, we love The Melting Pot! My son and I dine here about once a year. Always fun and great food.Special Features:
- TimmyDined on 9/6/2014Overpriced fondue ..nothing special..alot of bread and heavy cheese...would not even make my top 20 :(
- Gets boringAndrianDined on 9/5/2014Have been here 3 times. Getting boring. To have fun bring whole family. Would be back only for dessert.Special Features:
- UnexpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My review is a little biased. I wasn't expecting to have cook my own food at the table. This fact threw our entire group for a loop and kind of dampened the experience. But if you are into fondue and the self preparation experience I think the Melting Pot would be an excellent choice. Our waitress was amazing because we were a salty bunch after being told we had to cook our on food, not rude but definitely lackluster. She saved the night. The drinks were find and the ambience was great! I do most of the cooking at my home so when I go out I don't want yo do anything but be waited on. The Melting Pot is a fine restaurant just not the place for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SpotAlwaystryingsomethingnewDined on 8/27/2014This was my first time here and I truly enjoyed it. It was a very different experience. I think it is very pricey and I probably would not go again until a special occasion or another Groupon or Living Social deal. Other than I think the place is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great eveningOhMyMegzyDined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I went to the Melting Pot for a romantic evening. It was just fantastic! We had a really nice server, Dion was her name. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the table space makes for an intimate dinner with your special someone. The food is out of this world, just so tasty. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencepomplemousseDined on 8/23/2014This is not the first time I've been to the Melting Pot, but the first time I've been to the Arlington Melting Pot. As with the other ones, this one does not disappoint. Very friendly and attentive servers even when the restaurant is busy, the food is fun, and no one bothers to tell you to leave even if you've sat there for 5 hours with your girlfriends. A great romantic restaurant but a great ladies' night out spot. Come if you want an experience but don't expect it to take 20 minutes or to cost little. You get what you pay for, and I've always enjoyed a special time at the Melting Pot.Special Features:
- Lot of workGovvieDined on 8/22/2014This was okay. it would be good for a date night or a great celebration for a small group. It is pretty expensive but you will be full after you leave. the waitress at this location (Kim) was one of the best I have encountered in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ehhh...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014I heard great things about this place and haven't gotten a chance to check it out. There was a living social deal so I jumped right on it. $27 for salad and 2 course entrees with any broth. Service was friendly, but slow. I have been to places (honey pig), where you food is cooked in front of you, but this place... why do I have to wait 15 minutes to get my raw meat? Also, we had to wait 15 minutes for out drinks too. It is too much waiting for my taste, we won't go back. Also, the waittress knew we had a voucher and I left my phone in the checkbook because I had to go to the bathroom. She still charged me for the full check. I wasn't that drunk to not catch it.Special Features:
- Cheese!!LousyBeatnikDined on 8/22/2014First time at this location, staff made it fun and I really enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodAnnie12VIPDined on 8/18/2014Open table said this was part of restaurant week and restaurant saiid it ended day before.
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2014My dining companion and I went on Sunday, 6/17, as we had reservations for 6:30pm. This was an excellent time. When we arrived, there were only a few occupied tables; we were seated immediately. Since it was the last day of restaurant week, we chose from the restaurant menu. Our server was attentive and served our meals without delay. Oh yeah...the food was delicious and fresh. We enjoyed the cheddar cheese fondue along with the flaming turtle fondue for dessert. Overall, we had an excellent dining experience. Can't wait for the next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very great servicegraymattaDined on 8/16/2014the Food was good. Jonathan our server did an EXCELLENT job. And we loved the music selectionSpecial Features:
- Great food as always!SisyphusDined on 8/16/2014The Melting Pot was wonderful for our late dinner Saturday. While our server was a little high and scattered, the food was great. As always, it's a somewhat loud restaurant but we were easily able to be heard. Service is a little inconsistent overall because of how the restaurant works but I would still highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014We go to the Melting Pot in Arlington once in a while, and we went to there most recently for Washington's latest Restaurant Week. We were very pleased with the quality of the food and wine, and particularly with the superb performance of our server (at this fondue restaurant, the server does some of the cooking at your table). We would go to the Melting Pot a lot more often than we do, except that we feel they are more expensive than they ought to be when compared to other high quality restaurants we go to in the same community. Still, we always have a fine evening there. And they offer a good value during Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Can't come here enoughwojo4hitzDined on 8/14/2014How I love this place, let me count the ways. You really can't go wrong with anything here. I can't help but take on the four course special every time I come here... I always leave beyond stuffed, but sooooo very happy! Great for group fun, something to do on an awkward first date, or a place to take parents if you're forced to spend time together! It works for every occasion!Special Features:
- Fine DiningSimpleReviewsDined on 8/13/2014The food never disappoints and I easily forget how the seemingly small portions add up! This was not my first time at the Melting Pot and once again I started to feel full before the entrée arrived! A very loud table was right next to mine and that was a distraction/annoyance. This is not unlikely to occur on a restaurant week, so you take what you get. Great food, decent environment, romantic lighting (not good for photos/video, but great for enjoying a long meal and conversing). It takes hours to eat 4 courses, so only visit with someone you like to talk with at length!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrankDined on 8/13/2014I've been to melting pot several times before, none during Restaurant Week. This time we went during restaurant week and it was severly disappointing. The food was mediocre, the service was extremely slow (took us 2 1/2 hours to get through the courses), and it just generally felt disappointing.Special Features:
- Always LoveGoodFood26Dined on 8/13/2014I always love the Melting Pot. I have only been disappointed once with the service, but 99.99% of the time I am extremely happy. The manager whom I have seen multiple times is always very kind. The waiter this past visit was outstanding. He was phenomenal, and I hope to have him again some day. I recommend this restaurant to everyone because it is a experience, and a great one at that.Special Features:
- best customer service everprayersformikaelaDined on 8/13/2014This place is amazing. I went in with my husband and 5 month old daughter. We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and my daughters 2 month post operation for Craniostynosis. Our server Jeff was so awesome. We had never been there or any melti g pot before. There was another server that we didn't catch his name but he brought our daughter a pink wand and tiarra. Everyone kept coming over to play with our daughter and entertain her as well as us. It was the best customer service and dining experience I have ever had. A perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opentable1Dined on 8/12/2014I've been to the melting pot a few times before and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately this was a very poor experience. Waited for awhile, even though we had a reservation. Once seated, we had to flag another waiter after 15 minutes to bring water since our waitress hadn't even passed by yet. Our waitress just acted as though she didn't want to be there and was very stressed. Our order was wrong for two of the four courses and we had to ask several times (give reminders) that the drinks hadn't arrived, or that a wine was needed for the next pairing. She was apologetic, so we still tipped 20% but I am hesistant to go back now. It was restaurant week, but I don't think I need to have a bad dining experience because you are busy.
- Just a fun eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Definitely the most fun I have had at a restaurant in a long time. You are going to pay for it for sure, but the food was delightful and struggling with the fondue tongs was worth a few laughs. I had the four-course meal with the French Quarter for the entree. Everything was seasoned well enough that I didn't need the dipping sauces, and the standard vegetable bouillon to cook was enough. Our server was perfectly attentive without being overbearing, and the cocktails were well-mixed. Only complain was the bar. The bartender had three friends at the end of the bar, and I didn't see him serve a single person other than those three. Five or six other people eventually gave up to go wait for their tables without getting served.Special Features:
- Excellent evening outStephanieDined on 8/12/2014We were there for Restaurant week but found that "ladies night" was a better option, we have a 4 course meal, the waiter did a great job even though it was clear he was very busy. We never waited more than a few minutes between courses but were also not rushed.Special Features:
- recommendationsDNicholsVIPDined on 8/11/2014I think there should be a little cooking time "Cheat Sheet"Special Features:
- birthday celebrationnightoffunDined on 8/9/2014Great waiter (Chuck) made the night! He encouraged us 3 ladies in our shenanigans, gifts, silly cards, took pictures with us, all while being incredibly professional and attentive to all his customers. Surprised to discover he had only been there 5 months! Seemed like a pro! Food and atmosphere were terrific and made the night very memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I expectedLetsEatDined on 8/8/2014The resturant was ok. I didn't realize it was quite old and furnishing were a little worn down. I normally go to the one in Reston thought I'd try the Arlington location. Again the resturant was not bad, I was just disappointed because I thought it would be as modern as the one in Reston.
- Great DinnerSDDinerDined on 8/6/2014My nephew was visiting us in DC for a week during his summer break from school. We were looking for somewhere fun and different to take him and decided on the Melting Pot. It was a great choice. Service was great and the food was good, especially the dessert! It's pricey but you get a lot of food for what you pay.Special Features:
- Great food...bad parking situationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Our server and the entire food courses were amazing. There was a group of five of us that enjoyed the "Crave Combo," which consisted of cheese, salad, and chocolate. Our server did a great job and even got all of our checks right, which is sometimes an issue when dining in groups. Unfortunately, the night ended on a negative note. When all of us were leaving the garage, we are told to exit at the validated ticket booth so we only pay $2.00 for parking. That exit was blocked with a cone, so the only other way to go out was through an automated machine. The machine charged each of us $11.00 to exit. It is unfortunate that this happened since none of us were expecting to pay an additional $11.00 that night on top of our dinner/drink costs.Special Features:
- Poor Quality for the PriceJohnDined on 8/2/2014I went to the melting pot once when I was about eight with my family. I decided to go back 18 years later for a date and it felt like they had not changed a thing since I went back in the 90's. I don't usually notice things like ambience too much, but it was pretty bleak in here...The place was very dimly lit with wood paneling borrowed from a red lobster lining the walls and an ever present stench of old oil. My biggest issue with this place was how poor the quality of the food was given the ludicrous rate they charged for it. The meat had no flavor, and even the bread for the fondue was stale. For the price I would much rather go to a high end steakhouse, it is NOT worth the money.
- goodyumchaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Love cheese and meat fondue but dessert is bit too sweet...wish I had another option instead of chiocolate fondue.
- Jill & Jim Hamilton July 30th 5:00OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014One word, awesome! Our bartender was great. (Not sure of his name). We were there July 30th at 5:00PM. Maybe that will help with the Bartender on duty. He was Handsome and bald. Very friendly. Destiny was an awesome server, smiled the whole time. Food was great. It was a great Anniversary dinner. Nice romantic/secluded table. We will be back. Best regards, Jill & Jim Hamilton Winchester, VirginiaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014I've been going to this particular Melting Pot location for the last 3 years. Every time, the service was amazing. The management and server went out of their way to make sure my day was extra special! The food is always consistent and good. The ambiance is romantic, but this most recent visit was on a Sunday and there were a lot of kids at other tables. It's not an issue, just an observation if you planning a quiet, romantic night out. The noise level was much lower when I went during the week. I love going here. It is the perfect spot for special occasions. :)Special Features:
- Double Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014We chose to go to the Melting Plot for a double date with good friends. The hostess offered us a table with two burners, which allowed us to try additional cheese, cooking style and chocolate. Our server, Chuck, was wonderful. He had a great sense of humor and was attentive without being intrusive. It was a fun, relaxing evening.Special Features:
- Good dinnerJmpmstr94Dined on 7/26/2014As always a solid night out, great service and food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite spotxranger39Dined on 7/19/2014We love coming here for a night out. Servers are friendly but not overbearing. They let you enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.