The Melting Pot - Arlington VA
1110 N. Glebe Rd
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Arlington VA
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/arlington-va/specials
- Phone: 7032434490
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Fairfax Dr
- Public Transit: From the Metro - Orange Line: Take Metro to the Ballston Metro stop. Come out of Metro station onto Fairfax Drive. Make a left onto Fairfax and walk about 3 blocks to Glebe Road. Make a right onto Glebe Road and walk about 1 1/2 blocks. The restaurant is on the left.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: After 4:30 pm pay discounted Melting Pot parking rate of $2.00 for 4 hours with validation; After the 4 hour period, validation is void and posted rates apply.
A word from The Melting Pot - Arlington VA
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & cocktails, as well as fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get together with friends, meetings, or large groups, The Melting Pot always provides fun & lasting memories. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Arlington VA - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
The Melting Pot - Arlington VA reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)romantic (116)good for groups (65)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (43)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (11)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- AmazinggOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014It was my 4th time going here and I am never left feeling disappointed, ever. Everybody who works at the Melting Pot is very attentive and does their job efficiently. The food is always incredible and they will bring you more sides like your bread, vegetables, chips, etc. if you run out. Thank you!Special Features:
- Leave kids at home....JAG1954Dined on 10/22/2014This was a great experience in dining. We received great service and personal attention during our visit. The only downside was the crying of little ones on the other side of the booths, and then once they were gone another group appeared with more toddlers. Maybe I'm an exception that this bothered me, but I don't / can't afford to dine at the melting pot every other month, so when I go I'm usually celebrating with someone special and want to fully enjoy the dining experience. Know restaurant can't enforce a 'no kids rule' but adults should be more cognizant of annoying other diners. Keep kids and teens at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QueenbeeDined on 10/21/2014I have eaten at the Melting Pot several times. Food is always excellent and service is also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual service?UvajillybeanDined on 10/18/2014I'm not sure if our waiter was just having a bad night, but his timing was off. We didn't receive our drinks until halfway through our cheese fondue, and he didn't check back in when they, or our "dippers," were empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Good food and service. It's worth it to enjoy a special occasion. Great wine selection and sampling!Special Features:
- My absolute fav restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014One of the best romantic restaurants ever. Top notch service from servers, management comes by to say hi and interact with you. Reservations are always on time. I've never waited more than 5 minutes to get to my table. Great dining experience worth every penny!Special Features:
- Melting Pot, ArlingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014My only complaint was prior to having Joe, our server, appear at the table. After arriving promtly at 7:45pm for my 7:45pm reservation, my girlfriend (it was her birthday celebration) and I waited almost 25 minutes to be called to be let to our table. While being let to our table, numerous (i counted 3) times servers or other employees carrying trays to/from tables and the kitchen would say "excuse me" as they just passed by without realizing the tray was at my head level nor pausing to may sure they wouldnt run over customers. After finally getting to our table (at 8:15pm for our 7:45pm reservation) everythng was fine. We were in a small room with another couple (2 young ladies) and their general conversation was louder then the music.
- Fun TimeKGiddDined on 10/17/2014Great and fast service!! Our waiter was funny and kept the night interesting. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/16/2014Chuck' service was phenomenal! Food was great. Very loud place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!erinlovescheeseDined on 10/14/2014The Melting Pot is expensive but delicious. My favorite entree was the duck. We also had pork and filet mignon. I loved all the sauces that came with the entree. The cheddar fondue was also fantastic. I have no complaints. Our server was fabulous, and we loved the entire meal.Special Features:
- Super Fondue MealcemdenDined on 10/11/2014Excellent Cheese and Chocolate Fondue. Service was superb.Special Features:
- Excellent fondueCalebyDined on 10/8/2014As usual, my experience here was great. I actually sat at the bar and did a 4 course seating there. Everything went off without a hitch.Special Features:
- good place for celebrationsamarDined on 10/4/2014They prepare a 3 roses and happy birthday ballon and a cup cake for birthday celebration for free.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion anyone?MarieeDined on 10/3/2014The standouts to me is the cheese and chocolate aspects. The meats that you cook yourself not sooo much. Overall great experience!Special Features:
- Wonderfulmiznene97Dined on 9/24/2014I brought my mother there for her birthday and had a wonderful dining experience. The service was excellent. Everyone was attentive and willing to assist us in anyway. The waiter explained everything in detail and answered all of our questions. The food was impeccable. I have a wonderful, memorable time. I highly recommend this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customersfm110Dined on 9/21/2014A year ago, we had a disappointing visit, but our impression has changed since out latest dinner there. Great service and food, and an awesome date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot Arlington ReviewstewartdsVIPDined on 9/19/2014Terrible experience at this location. Got there early so sat at the bar to order a drink. It was almost 15 minutes of waiting before the bartender handed us a drink menu, then he left. Another 20 min. goes by & still no bartender. Then they call our table, so we never got to order a drink. Then the waiter kept taking forever to come back to the table. After we finished our entree & told him that we were done & ready to order dessert, he did not come back for 30 minutes. The manager had to cut off our pot because it was just sitting there boiling. Waiter finally came back to clean off the the table, & didnt apologize or anything for taking 30 minutes! We had the hostess searching for him & everything. We just told him to bring the check.Special Features:
- Fun, delicious dining experiencekward516Dined on 9/14/2014My hubby and I dined here for the first time after buying a Living Social deal. The food was delicious, from my hubby's duck to my chicken potstickers and the mojo broth – yum! We got peanut butter chocolate fondue for dessert which was amazing! Nice assortment of fruit and sweets to dip. Our waitress was sweet and took the time to explain everything to us. My only complaint is the drink I ordered. It was a strawberry basil lemonade, supposedly with strawberry vodka in it. I could not taste any alcohol at all. I should have said something but was embarrassed that our waitress might think I'm a lush. :-) It tasted great, but I was disappointed since I paid $7.95 for it. Overall great though, and will be back, especially for dessert.Special Features:
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014how can you not like this place ? Fun and tasty! I always enjoy this place .Special Features:
- Fell short...SonnyDined on 9/11/2014We were excited to try something new for our son's birthday. Experience fell short of our expectations. Though the server was nice, the service was not commensurate with the price and expectations. Lots of waiting due to her training a new employee. Everyone needs to be trained...just recommend that you do it in a venue that doesn't come at a cost to the customer. Not likely to return to this location.Special Features:
- Always great food!ResearcherDined on 9/11/2014I have gone to The Melting Pot many times, and the food is always excellent. Since this is a different kind of dining experience make sure to allow at least 2 hours to dine, and you won't be disappointed. Service is usually outstanding with the wait staff eager to make sure you are happy with your experience.Special Features:
- Fond of FonduePlus2Dined on 9/11/2014Kids enjoyed the cheddar cheese appetizer and cooking in the coq au von. Their favorite part of the meal… yin-yang chocolate fondue. They got extra rice krispy treats to finish the chocolate. Fun dinner for the family. Also, got the package of flowers, balloons and picture to remember the evening.Special Features:
- Loved it!kap10Dined on 9/10/2014As always, we love The Melting Pot! My son and I dine here about once a year. Always fun and great food.Special Features:
- TimmyDined on 9/6/2014Overpriced fondue ..nothing special..alot of bread and heavy cheese...would not even make my top 20 :(
- Gets boringAndrianDined on 9/5/2014Have been here 3 times. Getting boring. To have fun bring whole family. Would be back only for dessert.Special Features:
- UnexpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My review is a little biased. I wasn't expecting to have cook my own food at the table. This fact threw our entire group for a loop and kind of dampened the experience. But if you are into fondue and the self preparation experience I think the Melting Pot would be an excellent choice. Our waitress was amazing because we were a salty bunch after being told we had to cook our on food, not rude but definitely lackluster. She saved the night. The drinks were find and the ambience was great! I do most of the cooking at my home so when I go out I don't want yo do anything but be waited on. The Melting Pot is a fine restaurant just not the place for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SpotAlwaystryingsomethingnewDined on 8/27/2014This was my first time here and I truly enjoyed it. It was a very different experience. I think it is very pricey and I probably would not go again until a special occasion or another Groupon or Living Social deal. Other than I think the place is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great eveningOhMyMegzyDined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I went to the Melting Pot for a romantic evening. It was just fantastic! We had a really nice server, Dion was her name. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the table space makes for an intimate dinner with your special someone. The food is out of this world, just so tasty. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencepomplemousseDined on 8/23/2014This is not the first time I've been to the Melting Pot, but the first time I've been to the Arlington Melting Pot. As with the other ones, this one does not disappoint. Very friendly and attentive servers even when the restaurant is busy, the food is fun, and no one bothers to tell you to leave even if you've sat there for 5 hours with your girlfriends. A great romantic restaurant but a great ladies' night out spot. Come if you want an experience but don't expect it to take 20 minutes or to cost little. You get what you pay for, and I've always enjoyed a special time at the Melting Pot.Special Features:
- Lot of workGovvieDined on 8/22/2014This was okay. it would be good for a date night or a great celebration for a small group. It is pretty expensive but you will be full after you leave. the waitress at this location (Kim) was one of the best I have encountered in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ehhh...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014I heard great things about this place and haven't gotten a chance to check it out. There was a living social deal so I jumped right on it. $27 for salad and 2 course entrees with any broth. Service was friendly, but slow. I have been to places (honey pig), where you food is cooked in front of you, but this place... why do I have to wait 15 minutes to get my raw meat? Also, we had to wait 15 minutes for out drinks too. It is too much waiting for my taste, we won't go back. Also, the waittress knew we had a voucher and I left my phone in the checkbook because I had to go to the bathroom. She still charged me for the full check. I wasn't that drunk to not catch it.Special Features:
- Cheese!!LousyBeatnikDined on 8/22/2014First time at this location, staff made it fun and I really enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodAnnie12VIPDined on 8/18/2014Open table said this was part of restaurant week and restaurant saiid it ended day before.
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2014My dining companion and I went on Sunday, 6/17, as we had reservations for 6:30pm. This was an excellent time. When we arrived, there were only a few occupied tables; we were seated immediately. Since it was the last day of restaurant week, we chose from the restaurant menu. Our server was attentive and served our meals without delay. Oh yeah...the food was delicious and fresh. We enjoyed the cheddar cheese fondue along with the flaming turtle fondue for dessert. Overall, we had an excellent dining experience. Can't wait for the next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very great servicegraymattaDined on 8/16/2014the Food was good. Jonathan our server did an EXCELLENT job. And we loved the music selectionSpecial Features:
- Great food as always!SisyphusDined on 8/16/2014The Melting Pot was wonderful for our late dinner Saturday. While our server was a little high and scattered, the food was great. As always, it's a somewhat loud restaurant but we were easily able to be heard. Service is a little inconsistent overall because of how the restaurant works but I would still highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014We go to the Melting Pot in Arlington once in a while, and we went to there most recently for Washington's latest Restaurant Week. We were very pleased with the quality of the food and wine, and particularly with the superb performance of our server (at this fondue restaurant, the server does some of the cooking at your table). We would go to the Melting Pot a lot more often than we do, except that we feel they are more expensive than they ought to be when compared to other high quality restaurants we go to in the same community. Still, we always have a fine evening there. And they offer a good value during Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Can't come here enoughwojo4hitzDined on 8/14/2014How I love this place, let me count the ways. You really can't go wrong with anything here. I can't help but take on the four course special every time I come here... I always leave beyond stuffed, but sooooo very happy! Great for group fun, something to do on an awkward first date, or a place to take parents if you're forced to spend time together! It works for every occasion!Special Features:
- Fine DiningSimpleReviewsDined on 8/13/2014The food never disappoints and I easily forget how the seemingly small portions add up! This was not my first time at the Melting Pot and once again I started to feel full before the entrée arrived! A very loud table was right next to mine and that was a distraction/annoyance. This is not unlikely to occur on a restaurant week, so you take what you get. Great food, decent environment, romantic lighting (not good for photos/video, but great for enjoying a long meal and conversing). It takes hours to eat 4 courses, so only visit with someone you like to talk with at length!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrankDined on 8/13/2014I've been to melting pot several times before, none during Restaurant Week. This time we went during restaurant week and it was severly disappointing. The food was mediocre, the service was extremely slow (took us 2 1/2 hours to get through the courses), and it just generally felt disappointing.Special Features: