The Melting Pot - Annapolis
2348 Solomons Island Road
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/annapolis-md/specials
- Phone: 4102668004
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our management team is available to help you plan a wonderful event. We provide the perfect atmosphere and experience for your office party, birthday party or your next girls’ night out! We can open for private luncheons for 10 or more guests.
A word from The Melting Pot - Annapolis
Fondue is a fun and interactive dining experience - and for more than three decades, The Melting Pot has defined the niche across the American dining scene. At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where patrons can dip into something different - and discover all the ingredients for a unique dining experience including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and signature fondue dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
The Melting Pot - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)romantic (100)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (30)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Family FunFunmomDined on 9/27/2014The Melting Pot in Annapolis is a nice and fun place to be with family and friends.Special Features:
- Cozy delicious diningPickyEaterDined on 9/27/2014A wonderful place to eat especially for those who like cheese. Very nice and cozy atmosphere. One small problem was light shades over the table. As a result I was looking at the actual light bulb and it was too bright for meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Absolutely phenomenal, I hadn't been since I was a little kid but recently I took my girlfriend out on a romantic date to The Melting Pot and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Excellent service, food, and atmosphere highly recommend for anyone looking for a great place to eat and experience somthing new.Special Features:
- Thoroughly Enjoyed Our EveningstillsmilingDined on 9/25/2014We were there to celebrate my friend's 60th birthday. She had never been to a fondue restaurant before. Our waitress, Chelsea, was excellent and extremely knowledgeable. The food was delicious and we had a wonderful time. It was quiet because it was a weeknight. I don't know how noisy it could be if they were busy. But it's booth seating - very private.Special Features:
- Exotic diningDaveDined on 9/23/2014A good place for "date-night" that combines an intimate feeling with energetic foodie experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it here!MichelleeeeDined on 9/20/2014We were able to get the same waiter as before, Danny. Hes so great! made sure we had everything we needed and was able to recommend great new food to us. Tried the lobster this time and it was amazing! great wine and drinks too! thanks for blowing us away again! Can't wait to come back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningTigerLSUDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went on a double date this past weekend. The food was good, and our server was great. However, the hostess was a little rude. She took my name and then didn't say anything to me for several minutes while she talked to others. She didn't clearly indicate if I should step to the side, or stay right there. She was talking to other customers and staff. She didn't acknowledge that I was standing right in front of her. It started the night off with a bad feel. Once we were seated, the night was much better. Overall, it would be a place I would go again.Special Features:
- AnniversaryGreatexperienceDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I had our first date here give years ago. We have since relocated and haven't been back since. This past visit marked our one year wedding anniversary which also happened to be the day of our first date. To say the least our expectations were met and then some. We were able to sit at the same table and they even had the same wine that we experienced on our first date. Food was excellent and service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSplOcasionDined on 9/15/2014Made our reservation on line; no wait. Our server Deanna, was great. She had great suggestions and was very attentive. The room was a little dark but the booth was cozy. We had a fun meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014The cheese, main, and dessert were all amazing! We took the suggestion from the staff to add the crunchy peanut butter to the turtle desert....WOW...!!! :) Impeccable service, and w half off wine on Thurs... How can you beat it!!? Thx for making my friends bday a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experiencenynyDined on 9/6/2014not for the lazy! everytime we go here, atleast one party near our table is confused by the way fact that you cook your own food. it's not a normal restaurant where you sit down and order food off of a menu. read about how fondue works before you goSpecial Features:
- Excellent as usualRoxy83Dined on 9/6/2014We absolutely adore the Melting Pot. Our service has always been amazing, the food delicious, and the drinks good! Do yourself a favor and try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funmedamomDined on 9/5/2014Went for the sons 9th birthday. Always a fun time. Everyone had a great meal and was full.Special Features:
- Must try!troysmomDined on 8/30/2014It might seem like work because you have to cook your meat but it does not take much time at all and you get fresher food this way. I think this is a meal we must try. It is not the cheapest but well worth the experience. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!Lovefondue2Dined on 8/28/2014Food is always awesome. Service is always excellent. Love the uniqueness of the restaurant. Kept my kids busy and excited about eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun nightBeachbwveDined on 8/23/2014It takes about 2.5 hours to get through the four course meal, so dinner alone is a date. We took our time and savored the food, which made for a fun evening. Couldn't do it every Saturday!Special Features:
- love the melting potsteelDined on 8/17/2014Me and my wife have celebrated our lady three anniversary dinners at the melting pot and would recommend it to anyone who asked for s nice romantic restaurant to celebrate special occasions at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerIndyAlisaDined on 8/17/2014We went for our friend's birthday dinner. The waiter was absolutely wonderful. He made sure we were taken care of. He even went to the extra level to make sure our friends didn't need extra help with the baby. He did a great job making sure he could relate to everything he could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really just not that good.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014The idea of this place is great, but the food isnt up to par. You pay a lot for very little in quality. The meat isnt anything special and they give you celery to dip in the fondue! Its just a really lame attempt at fondue. The ambiance is dirty and old. For the price, I would have expected a much nicer place inside. On the good side, our server was excellent! She was happy and informative and very attentive.
- Excellent Service & fun for groupsa2zinsDined on 8/16/2014My first experience here. My wife, daughter and sister-in-law and I ordered the 4 course meal. We made reservations for on a Saturday night & were promptly seated. We had the traditional cheese fondue which was very tasty. I was a little disappointed in their choice of bread pieces. We each chose a salad for the second course. I had the California salad which was very tasty. We had ordered the "classic" four course experience. It came with a chicken, a pork, a shrimp, and two beef options. We had the milk chocolate fondue for dessert. It was delicious. It came with pound cake, cheesecake, fruit, marshmallows, and brownies. By this time, it was definitely sugar overkill.The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night with GrandmaCharlestonVisitorsVIPDined on 8/15/2014In town for a 60th b-day surprise for my uncle-in-law. Got in late night before and found the Melting Pot and enjoyed a late pre-surprise supper with wife and her grandmother. My first trip to a fondue restaurant and I will definitely go back when an opportunity presents itself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but expensiveMikeeDined on 8/13/2014It is different cooking your own food at a restaurant, but it was fun and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulLaurenTaylorDined on 8/10/2014I visit this location a few times per year, and always have a great experience. The staff is friendly and welcoming, the servers are all experienced and helpful, and the food is always marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience it 1-time-but only onceSailLaserVIPDined on 8/8/2014The concept is fun, but the cost is a bit high for the type and quality of food and service. The 4-course experience includes salad, fondue course, entrée broth course, and dessert fondue. All were generally solid. It seemed the (cheese) fondue course over-relied on bread (a bit dry too) to create quantity. Service was so-so -- attentive at times and abandoned at others (although the manager himself identified the issue and stepped in to help clear dishes). The invoicing was confusing and did not align to menu prices -- although the total was correct (after scrutiny). The restaurant should improvement its invoicing. It's telling when the manager indicates, "...yes, we get that confusion a lot..." Overall - fine to try once.Special Features:
- Familiar and RomanticusualDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I come all the time whether for cheese, Chocolate, drinks or all three! We love Chelsea and Alex. It's becoming familiar, they treat is well and the food is great We always go for occaisions and more often just because we like being there :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentRussDined on 8/6/2014The food was good as our previous outing. The prices are extremely high, especially considering there is no kitchen staff. The waitress explained that they put together all the ingredients for the night upon arrival. She was new (3 weeks as a first time waitress) and had not caught on. I asked for unsweetened tea and she asked if I wanted sugar or lemon. We told her about a birthday, no mention through the meal and especially at the end. Nice enough though it cannot be a regular event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady as she goes...JC2068Dined on 8/3/2014The Melting Pot never disappoints for that special occasion and always delivers consistently good food, high quality service and a fun dining experience. Having been several times, I never feel like I made a mistake when selecting the Melting Pot for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodpayrollpattyDined on 8/2/2014Our waitress was great. Food good too. Daughter enjoyed her birthday celebration. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I went out with a group of girlfriends to celebrate my birthday. Everyone, except for two of us , had not been to a Melting Pot before. Once they got over shock of having to "cook" their own food, they quickly got into the experience and had a wonderful time. The service and food was superior!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Change Of PaceChrisSDined on 8/1/2014We went to the Melting Pot to celebrate a birthday as a change of pace. We were greated by a very helpful staff that helped us understand the menu and what to expect. Throughout the night the staff was very attentive and helpful. This was my date's first time at the restaurant and see was impressed and thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially the part of cooking your own entree. This gave both of us the opportunity to try differnet things and mix up the sauces. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Birthday SurpriseBlonD57Dined on 8/1/2014I chose this location to celebrate one of the Pastor's of my church for her birthday. I order a few things to be on the table when we arrived and it was done exactly as ordered. The atmosphere was awesome and the music was great. It was a surprise for her and we brought her in blindfolded. When the blindfold was removed, she was amazed and very happy. She had never been there before. The balloon package came with a keepsake photo. She also received chocolate covered strawberries to take with her. The total experience was great. Our server, Danny, was the best. He helped to make the occasion special for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun...but server was oddMamasHungryDined on 8/1/2014We had a great time and enjoyed our experience. Always a great selection of entrees and the cheese and chocolate are delicious. My one problem was with out server. He talked like he had marbles in his mouth which made it difficult to understand - like he was in a hurry. And he told really dumb jokes that left us feeling awkward each time he came back around. I didn't come for comedy I came for good food! It was just very weird.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Something you should try at least once. I didn't find it to be something I would want to do again. Went there to celebrate my husbands birthday and they never addressed it to him. That kinda annoyed me but otherwise it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of pacefun4allDined on 7/30/2014Not a place for an everyday meal but it is great as a change of pace. It is fun and relaxing. You cannot be in a hurry at The Melting Pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014Went for Girls Night. Fun time, quiet so we could catch up. Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Meal was amazing and our server Deanna was fantastic. Will definately be back again soon.Special Features:
- Don't reserve through open table!ReadytoeatDined on 7/16/2014Reserved through open table and included a special request. This was not passed to the restaurant. The staff then adopted the attitude of "too bad - that happens when you use open table- you should have called us directly" they made no attempt to resolve the issue.
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014We have been to this restaurant multiple times, usually annually for a birthday. The food and ambience are consistently good. It is not however very handicapped friendly. To get a table with chairs, instead of a booth which my elderly father would not have been able to get out of, we were all the way in the back room which is usually for large groups. Took away from the experience some. Would have preferred something closer so my father, who uses a walker, would not have had to walk so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our go-to placesGregDined on 7/11/2014We enjoy fondue. Melting Pot does it very well, which is why we've been there many times. Quality and service are consistently good.Special Features:
- Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014Love the Melting Pot. It is expensive so we go only on special occasions. Food is good. I find the 'traditional/classic' dishes better. Stepped out and tried the alpine swiss cheese - it was good but the cheddar is better. Restaurant is VERY accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.