The Melting Pot - Annapolis
2348 Solomons Island Road
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/annapolis-md/specials
- Phone: 4102668004
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our management team is available to help you plan a wonderful event. We provide the perfect atmosphere and experience for your office party, birthday party or your next girls’ night out! We can open for private luncheons for 10 or more guests.
A word from The Melting Pot - Annapolis
Fondue is a fun and interactive dining experience - and for more than three decades, The Melting Pot has defined the niche across the American dining scene. At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where patrons can dip into something different - and discover all the ingredients for a unique dining experience including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and signature fondue dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
The Melting Pot - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)romantic (103)good for groups (51)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (24)late-night find (15)hot spot (14)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A fun nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014It takes about 2.5 hours to get through the four course meal, so dinner alone is a date. We took our time and savored the food, which made for a fun evening. Couldn't do it every Saturday!Special Features:
- love the melting potsteelDined on 8/17/2014Me and my wife have celebrated our lady three anniversary dinners at the melting pot and would recommend it to anyone who asked for s nice romantic restaurant to celebrate special occasions at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerIndyAlisaDined on 8/17/2014We went for our friend's birthday dinner. The waiter was absolutely wonderful. He made sure we were taken care of. He even went to the extra level to make sure our friends didn't need extra help with the baby. He did a great job making sure he could relate to everything he could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really just not that good.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014The idea of this place is great, but the food isnt up to par. You pay a lot for very little in quality. The meat isnt anything special and they give you celery to dip in the fondue! Its just a really lame attempt at fondue. The ambiance is dirty and old. For the price, I would have expected a much nicer place inside. On the good side, our server was excellent! She was happy and informative and very attentive.
- Excellent Service & fun for groupsa2zinsDined on 8/16/2014My first experience here. My wife, daughter and sister-in-law and I ordered the 4 course meal. We made reservations for on a Saturday night & were promptly seated. We had the traditional cheese fondue which was very tasty. I was a little disappointed in their choice of bread pieces. We each chose a salad for the second course. I had the California salad which was very tasty. We had ordered the "classic" four course experience. It came with a chicken, a pork, a shrimp, and two beef options. We had the milk chocolate fondue for dessert. It was delicious. It came with pound cake, cheesecake, fruit, marshmallows, and brownies. By this time, it was definitely sugar overkill.The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but expensiveMikeeDined on 8/13/2014It is different cooking your own food at a restaurant, but it was fun and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulLaurenTaylorDined on 8/10/2014I visit this location a few times per year, and always have a great experience. The staff is friendly and welcoming, the servers are all experienced and helpful, and the food is always marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience it 1-time-but only onceSailLaserVIPDined on 8/8/2014The concept is fun, but the cost is a bit high for the type and quality of food and service. The 4-course experience includes salad, fondue course, entrée broth course, and dessert fondue. All were generally solid. It seemed the (cheese) fondue course over-relied on bread (a bit dry too) to create quantity. Service was so-so -- attentive at times and abandoned at others (although the manager himself identified the issue and stepped in to help clear dishes). The invoicing was confusing and did not align to menu prices -- although the total was correct (after scrutiny). The restaurant should improvement its invoicing. It's telling when the manager indicates, "...yes, we get that confusion a lot..." Overall - fine to try once.Special Features:
- Familiar and RomanticusualDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I come all the time whether for cheese, Chocolate, drinks or all three! We love Chelsea and Alex. It's becoming familiar, they treat is well and the food is great We always go for occaisions and more often just because we like being there :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentRussDined on 8/6/2014The food was good as our previous outing. The prices are extremely high, especially considering there is no kitchen staff. The waitress explained that they put together all the ingredients for the night upon arrival. She was new (3 weeks as a first time waitress) and had not caught on. I asked for unsweetened tea and she asked if I wanted sugar or lemon. We told her about a birthday, no mention through the meal and especially at the end. Nice enough though it cannot be a regular event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady as she goes...JC2068Dined on 8/3/2014The Melting Pot never disappoints for that special occasion and always delivers consistently good food, high quality service and a fun dining experience. Having been several times, I never feel like I made a mistake when selecting the Melting Pot for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodpayrollpattyDined on 8/2/2014Our waitress was great. Food good too. Daughter enjoyed her birthday celebration. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I went out with a group of girlfriends to celebrate my birthday. Everyone, except for two of us , had not been to a Melting Pot before. Once they got over shock of having to "cook" their own food, they quickly got into the experience and had a wonderful time. The service and food was superior!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Change Of PaceChrisSDined on 8/1/2014We went to the Melting Pot to celebrate a birthday as a change of pace. We were greated by a very helpful staff that helped us understand the menu and what to expect. Throughout the night the staff was very attentive and helpful. This was my date's first time at the restaurant and see was impressed and thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially the part of cooking your own entree. This gave both of us the opportunity to try differnet things and mix up the sauces. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Birthday SurpriseBlonD57Dined on 8/1/2014I chose this location to celebrate one of the Pastor's of my church for her birthday. I order a few things to be on the table when we arrived and it was done exactly as ordered. The atmosphere was awesome and the music was great. It was a surprise for her and we brought her in blindfolded. When the blindfold was removed, she was amazed and very happy. She had never been there before. The balloon package came with a keepsake photo. She also received chocolate covered strawberries to take with her. The total experience was great. Our server, Danny, was the best. He helped to make the occasion special for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun...but server was oddMamasHungryDined on 8/1/2014We had a great time and enjoyed our experience. Always a great selection of entrees and the cheese and chocolate are delicious. My one problem was with out server. He talked like he had marbles in his mouth which made it difficult to understand - like he was in a hurry. And he told really dumb jokes that left us feeling awkward each time he came back around. I didn't come for comedy I came for good food! It was just very weird.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Something you should try at least once. I didn't find it to be something I would want to do again. Went there to celebrate my husbands birthday and they never addressed it to him. That kinda annoyed me but otherwise it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of pacefun4allDined on 7/30/2014Not a place for an everyday meal but it is great as a change of pace. It is fun and relaxing. You cannot be in a hurry at The Melting Pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014Went for Girls Night. Fun time, quiet so we could catch up. Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Meal was amazing and our server Deanna was fantastic. Will definately be back again soon.Special Features:
- Don't reserve through open table!ReadytoeatDined on 7/16/2014Reserved through open table and included a special request. This was not passed to the restaurant. The staff then adopted the attitude of "too bad - that happens when you use open table- you should have called us directly" they made no attempt to resolve the issue.
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014We have been to this restaurant multiple times, usually annually for a birthday. The food and ambience are consistently good. It is not however very handicapped friendly. To get a table with chairs, instead of a booth which my elderly father would not have been able to get out of, we were all the way in the back room which is usually for large groups. Took away from the experience some. Would have preferred something closer so my father, who uses a walker, would not have had to walk so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our go-to placesGregDined on 7/11/2014We enjoy fondue. Melting Pot does it very well, which is why we've been there many times. Quality and service are consistently good.Special Features:
- Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014Love the Melting Pot. It is expensive so we go only on special occasions. Food is good. I find the 'traditional/classic' dishes better. Stepped out and tried the alpine swiss cheese - it was good but the cheddar is better. Restaurant is VERY accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014This is a great place to go to. I will recommend this to anybody who wants to be romantic or a special occasion and I recommend the waitress Jessica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- double date nightLaurenandJimDined on 7/6/2014we took friends here for their first Melting Pot experience this week and we had an amazing time! the service and food were incredible. we'll be back soon!Special Features:
- ExcellentspoonydbDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I had an excellent dinner getting out without the kids. Our server was the bartender so a manager and others stepped in to help out when he was busy and it worked out fine as they were all very friendly and answered any questions we had. We were disappointed to see the fiesta cheese fondue was off the menu. Talking to our server later, they can still make it for you if they have the ingredients on hand which they normally do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to ParNA22Dined on 7/5/2014Food was as expected - good. Waiter was underprepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Tophud8Dined on 7/5/2014This was one of the best dining experiences I have had for quite some time. We had one of the best servers we have ever had and I will definitely return!Special Features:
- DeliciousLuv2dipDined on 6/20/2014This was my second time here and it was wonderful .. First time didn't count because my ex husband ruined the experience(one of the reasons he is my ex)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014We visit the Melting Pot for special occasions. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FirstTimerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014Great customer service, exceptional wait staff, vey friendly and knowledgeable regarding the menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014Had a great time. Our waitress Ashlee was fantastic. Food is fun to eat.Special Features:
- gone down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014This restaurant used to be our go-to for all special occasions. It's gone WAY down hill -- we had tried it last year and had decided it wasn't the price anymore after poor service and lots of menu changes. This time, the recipe changes made the food actually bad, and they ran out of cheese!? How does this happen EARLY?? It's a fondue restaurant!Special Features:
- Girl's Night!LuvinLifeDined on 6/13/2014Took 2 friends whom I haven't hung out with for many years. Neither had ever been to this type of restaurant. Our waiter made sure that they had a GREAT time, thoroughly enjoying the food, wine and conversation. The atmosphere was great for catching up because they never rush you through your meal. We all had the opportunity to try foods we hadn't had before because of the variety available. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at the Melting Pot. The atmosphere was romantically lit and quiet. The service was top notch, very attentive. We both enjoyed the appetizer and salad, the entree was good. The dessert was very chocolately, which if you like chocolate is a good thing. Overall, it was a very nice dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteStacyDined on 6/7/2014It's always our go-to place for celebrations!! We love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGreasemonkeyDined on 6/6/2014Great experience, great food had a really good time. Perfect for a date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot Never DisappointsEmthefoodjunkieDined on 6/1/2014The waitress was a little quirky, but that makes the mood of the restaurant that much better. She was super friendly and tried to make the most of our special experience. I took my mom here to celebrate her birthday. The restaurant had chocolate covered strawberries prepared for her to take home. Overall, it was just a classy, great meal. I can't wait for another special occasion to come up so we can afford to go there again! hahaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Danny was excellentKMS0719VIPDined on 5/30/2014We had the best server who understood what we wanted. I hope we have him again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.