2201 Uptown Loop NE Suite 1A
Albuquerque, NM 87110Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Albuquerque
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/albuquerque-nm/specials
- Phone: (505) 843-6358
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Fondue
- Executive Chef: Carl Aragon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot is able to accommodate intimate gatherings to larger affairs, tailored to your desires and expectations. Our Rhone Room can seat 20 guests comfortably, while our Meritage Room can seat up to 54 guests for larger parties.
For parties of 10 or more we ask that you choose a package from our Party Menu. Pre-selecting your menu will ensure the party runs smoothly and in a timely manner. If any of your guests have food allergies, please bring it to our attention so we can accommodate them.
We also offer the option of pre-selecting wines to complement your fondue dining experience as we have an extensive wine list. If you do not choose to pre-select beverages, we can run a cash or host bar as you desire. We can also arrange for audio-visual equipment if needed at an additional charge.
The Melting Pot does not charge room rental fees, however we do require a minimum charge on the final guest check before tax and gratuity.
- Private Party Contact: Micheal Micklos 5058436358x
- Special Events: Go to www.meltingpot.com/albuquerque and select specials and events tab.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014I always loved eating at the Melting Pot and it was a special occation for my granddaughter, the cheese was excellent, but the meat was very tough and hard to chew.The potatoes had black spots all over them, some at least a quarter of the potatot was black.The dessert was ok, not as good as usual,the fruit did not seem as fresh as it usually was. I am not sure if we will be going back especially since I spent over $125. and did not really enjoy the experence.
- sadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014My wife and I go to melting pot once a year to celebrate as we have done for the last 10 years. The service is amazing but this last time the food portions and quality were sub standard. The veggies were old, the bread was stale and it seems they have cut the portion size by 30% (also, no pineapple with chocolate dessert, we even paid more for the dessert upgrade in which we got a very small slice of cheesecake and still frozen eclairs). We dropped $160 for dinner and got a $50 experience. I know that times are tough for businesses but if you are going to make portions smaller, make them excellent. Again, the server was still awesome but after ten years (this was our tenth anniversary) we are going to find another place.
- A birthday celebrationDisappointedDined on 11/15/2014We always enjoy coming to the Melting Pot for celebrations which is why my daughter wanted to celebrate her 21st birthday here. This was supposed to be a fun celebration, however, it was not what it could have been. There were 7 in our party, all of different sizes and appetites. We were seated in a small booth with a round table. I mentioned to the hostess that I didn't think we would fit but she assured me it would be fine. Throughout each course it felt like we were on top of each other trying take advantage of the experience of fondue. My daughter was not very happy for her 21st birthday. In addition to our personal experience, the atmosphere was disappointing as well, due to the other patrons who were excessively loud that interfered with our celebration. Although I have recommended your establishment as a great place for celebrations in the past, due to this experience I am not sure that I would recommend it to anyone. It was a disappointing experience for all of us.
- The Melting Pot...The one and only place to go ...meltingpot111514Dined on 11/15/2014When a regular restaurant won't due. I've been coming to Melting Pot for many years. Its where I take my grandson for dinner for his birthday every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvmeltpotDined on 11/10/2014I always love Melting Pot but this trip there was great because of our waitress! Her name was Maggie and she was very personable and fun. She did a great job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Great romantic getaway with little private nooks. Fun food adventure for foodies and Atkins dieters.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014It was great, but the price wasn't worth the food. I love the idea of the fundues and loved the cheeses and chocolate. The meats not so much, we didn't like having to cook them ourselves. Our waiter (Brian) was excellent, explained everything and was very friendly and helpful!! I'm sure we will be back, but probably only for special occasions, the prices are too high to go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service, Excellent FoodAbonjovifanDined on 11/8/2014Service can make or break a restaurant. The Melting Pot never disappoints with their amazing service. My drink was never more than half empty, the staff was very attentive, and the meal was timed perfectly. Overall an excellent value for a special night out.Special Features:
- Loved the food!andyymariee1Dined on 11/7/2014I have been to the melting pot on a few dates previous. Well on Saturday night, I made reservations for two with someone who had never been there. My server was training. Yet, there was no explanation of the food the way other servers do. There was no conversation with her and I. Infact, the only person that was talking to us was the server training her. I understand first days are hard, but I was very disappointed. I usually feel very happy and excited to bring someone here. The staff is always so vibrant. Just a little disappointed this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and Last Timersjts8Dined on 11/2/2014Service was outstanding. The wait staff was attentive and very nice. However, you cannot eat service! The tastes were unusual, but not appetizing to my or my wife's pallet. Desc. on the menu were not detailed enough regarding the tastes of the broth, especially when it comes to cooking beef, pork and seafood in the same pot. The cheese fondue was ok not great. My wife very much enjoyed her salad and mine was also very good, it was the only item not cooked in a broth. Desert was good. We choose the dark choc. and cherries jubilee. Did not taste like cherries in the slightest bit, and the jubilee wasn't very jubilant. Sorry but we would not go back again and cannot recommend to our friends or family Disappointing and very expensive.
- Saturday lunch.somewhatunhappyDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I have been to this place on numerous occasions. We brought a friend for lunch this time. We expected the lunch to take approximately 1 1/2 hours as has been our experience in the past. This time it took 2 3/4 hours. I'm not sure what the delay was. We didn't mind much as it gave us time to visit with our friend, but there seemed to be extremely long delays between courses. The staff was friendly and the food was wonderful as always.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/31/2014The fondues themselves are good. The ingredients for dipping are just OK, but the combination comes out reasonably good. Not for foodies, but good for a special occasion (since it's expensive) where the person of honor would get a kick out of the format. Fun for families with kids mature enough to be around hot pots, a lot of money to drop on a meal, and time on their hands (a 2-hour meal at best). Service good but with long intervals between visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice placekerryDined on 10/28/2014The waitress was very nice. She deserves an award for her nice smile and positive demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on pointteressanmDined on 10/27/2014We went for my daughter's birthday. We had a party of 7 and they took great care of us. Even the newbies loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Birthday TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My sweetheart and I went to this restaurant for my birthday celebration. We were seated in a quiet, secluded area where we were able to have a very romantic dinner. Even though there were other couples around us we felt very secluded due to the partitions between the booths. We had a very lovely dinner and were served by a wonderful waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for quiet lunchTish1Dined on 10/26/2014Perfect spot for a nice relaxing lunch with friends or family.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I celebrated our 6th anniversary here and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. We had a great waiter, the food was great, and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionmisserikaDined on 10/24/2014We selected this restaurant for our anniversary and it was perfect! It was beautiful. The staff were very attentive and very nice. We tried the 4 course menu, I thought it wouldn't be a lot of food but it filled us up. The food was delicious and very intricate. I loved the layout of the restaurant as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection Everytime!PaulDined on 10/23/2014Melting Pot is truly the best romantic spot. Food is always delightful ,drinks are on point and the customer service is friendly, knowledgable about their products and overal AWESOME everytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingvero08Dined on 10/18/2014Absolutely love the melting pot! I highly recommend to anyone! I haven't been in a few years and it was just as amazing as I remembered it! Thank you for being part of my special night out and being so perfect!Special Features:
- Great ServiceFoodieDined on 10/17/2014It has been a long time since we had been to MP - so we needed a refresher on navigating the menu - no problem. Our server was very helpful. He was very friendly throughout - and conscious that we had a 8 month old with use who is in her "grabby" stage who can reach anything within a 2-foot radius. We were never without a full glass of water either. Love it when they are very conscious of this. Food is always good - from the cheese through the chocolate. Always yummy and very filling.Special Features:
- Dippin' FunjaderschavezDined on 10/16/2014Great time as always - loved the new menu format with a la carte options - and loving the new premium dippers for both cheese and chocolate fondues!!!Special Features:
- bday dinnermrsrobbinDined on 10/14/2014well my girls loved all of it. my oldest girl said she loved it and as always and loved the strawberry drink that she got for her bday dinner. We like bringing them because they always eat well and they love the desert the most. And we want to thank brian for his great serves and was very good with my girls... Thanks again for all your good workSpecial Features:
- An expensive experienceKrammerDined on 10/11/2014You don't go to the Melting Pot for anything other than a special occasion, but it's worth it. You don't leave wishing you had more to eat, the portions are big, and the staff was awesome when we went. But you need to budget for the occasion, it's going to run $50 a person, and it takes time, since you are cooking your own food 1 1/2- 2 minutes at a timeSpecial Features:
- ExperienceNeatDined on 10/1/2014Great to try. Quite a lengthy dinner...be prepared for at least 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was great092813Dined on 9/27/2014The food was great and we had a wonderful waitress when we went to the Melting Pot. The only downside to our experience was that the ambiance was not as we remembered. We were going for our wedding anniversary and wanted a quiet, romantic dinner. Instead, it was loud with kids running around everywhere. It definitely has changed since the last time we were there. I would recommend it to families, but not for a quiet, romantic dinner.Special Features:
- fondiliciousluvhubs2014Dined on 9/27/2014Though Melting pot is a chain/corporation we always have fun there! The food is fun and delicious. The staff is usually top notch and well accommodating. I love spending an evening here with my husband ever so often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Night34thanniversiryDined on 9/26/2014We came here for the first time and found ourselves loving it. From the ladies who greeted you at the front door,the manager and then our waitress "Maggie" Who was a gem. Everything she recommended turned out to be perfect. The food was great, we loved the cheese selection the best and plan to come back just to enjoy the cheese again. The only flaw was the additional guest who came in halfway through out meal. Their extremely loud laughter and choice of foul language throughout night, put a damper on what would have been a perfect night out.Special Features:
- Staff was greatyahyahDined on 9/26/2014Our server was really good. Micah, the hostess, went out of her way to help me make the night special for my girlfriend. She came and recited a silly poem that I wrote for her!!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBirthdayDiningDined on 9/26/2014This was our first visit since Melting Pot moved to their new location. We enjoyed a nice drink during Happy Hour before our reservation. Bartender was friendly and helpful in selecting a good tasting birthday drink. Our overall dining experience was positive. Staff was friendly and helpful. Food was good and filling. Waiter has excellent customer service and really made our experience enjoyable. The manager came by and visited with us for awhile. It was nice to see he was really interested in our dining experience and quality customer service. I would definitely recommend the Melting Pot for any occasion as they are equipped to handle anything!Special Features:
- Melting PotCheapFoodieDined on 9/21/2014The melting Pot had a wonderful selection of cheeses, the salads were delicious, the meat was high quality, and the cholote fondue was divine. A little pricy, but great for special occasions.Special Features:
- teamtomDined on 9/20/2014We chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner. Everything went great. Our server gave us the appropriate amount of time to enjoy each course without being rushed, and the ambiance was great.Special Features:
- A nightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Our experience was simply terrible. We were seated in a room that was reminiscent of dining at Denny's. The room was at least 20 degrees hotter than the rest of the restaurant. When we asked for a different table our request was refused and we were not given an option to wait for a "cooler" more esthetically pleasing table. We left without ordering and are not likely to return.
- Great ExperienceyumloverDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I spent offer three hours there simply because our waiter was so good at spacing out the courses. We had time to appreciate everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Hype No SubstanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014A friend wanted to celebrate his birthday here. So, having not been before, I agreed. There were 5 of us and start to finish the meal took just over 2.50 hours- no joke (and the restaurant was not at all busy)! There were two parts to the meal that were good: the cocktails at the beginning and dessert at the end. Everything in between those two was forgettable and mediocre. It was an overpriced, underwhelming experience. Will not return. And, the next day, 3 of the 5 attendees were not feeling well, a coincidence, perhaps.
- Quite goodRalf100Dined on 9/16/2014Nice place, good food, but you have to bring a hoodie or some other warm clothes cause the aircon is freezing cold.Special Features:
- Melting AmazingCrzy4MeltingDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful place for date night! My picky eater loved it and gushed over the veggies..he hates veggies! Ambiance was romantic and waitress was attentive but not over bearing. Looking forward to getting a sitter again to reup on some grown up eats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome First ExperienceChlobearDined on 9/13/2014Joel was an excellent server. The food was outstanding. The overall experience was forever memorable. We will highly recommend The Melting Pot to family and friends. We will definately dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1/2 chocolate bar for $30PoorDined on 9/10/2014My wife and I went for dessert on our anniversary and the milk chocolate tasted ok, but there was not enough to finish the poor sectional of items to dip into. The fruit was crudely shop and the additional sectionals appeared to be rushed in presentation.
- The Melting PotienjoydinningDined on 9/7/2014I personally absolutely loved The Melting Pot. We went for my daughter's birthday and she really enjoyed it as well. It doesn't seem like a lot of food when it first comes out, but you sure do get stuffed, and you get your money's worth. I would recommend The Melting Pot for special occasions or just a romantic evening dinner.Special Features: