The Melting Pot - Albany
1 Crossgates Mall Road
Albany, NY 12203Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Albany
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/albany-ny/welcome
- Phone: 5188621292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: We can do Fondue events for large functions.
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dinning for small and large parties up to 35. We have a meeting room that seat up to 35.
A word from The Melting Pot - Albany
Welcome to the Melting Pot Restaurant of Albany NY. We invite you to indulge in an interactive authentic fondue dining experience. We provide many private dining options for parties of all sizes, including our famous lovers’ lane romantic booths for two. You can also bring the whole family to experience the Fondue Effect. Join us for the perfect night out whatever the occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Albany - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
The Melting Pot - Albany reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (58)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (23)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great spot for a conversationChiefforadayDined on 8/29/2014The table and restaurant design is great for a good meal and conversation. The booths add privacy and a sense of intimacy not found in other restaurants. The food is very good. I was very satisfied with the menu selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We go here often and every time is always good, friendly service, knowledgable and great staff, only complaint this time around was our chocolate fondue was very oily and gelatinous for some reason, and the pineapple was less than fresh. Nonetheless, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24th Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014A friend had recommend The Melting Pot to us. We were pleasantly surprised with the restaurant from the intimate tables to the relaxed atmosphere to the delightful staff. Our waitress, Gina, was amazing. Apparently she had only been there for about 2 weeks and was very knowledgeable and personable, we would have never guessed that she was fairly new at her job.Special Features:
- Melts the Soul and Warms the HeartaverageschmoDined on 8/22/2014There's something magical about fondue cooking and The Melting Pot is a great introduction. Although a little pricey, the four course experience is definitely worth every penny. It's a meal you won't soon forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the Cheese or ChocolateAndy58VIPDined on 8/16/2014We used a coupon for salad and the main course and were disappointed with the food and cooking style. We should have just gone for the fondue appetizer and chocolate dessert. They looked much better. Also, the prices are on the high side. The service was good and the private booths are an excellent way to dine.Special Features:
- Melting Pot does a nice jobSaratogaLocalDined on 8/16/2014Melting Pot always does a nice job--the only problem is the price. It is just too expensive. We are vegetarians and enjoy all the courses--cheese fondue, salad, main course and chocolate. For three adults and two kids, no alcohol, the total was $170, plus tip. Nice service, very attentive, but not intrusive. Food is good, but the price makes it tough to get there more than infrequently.Special Features:
- Fabulous everything!Emdog42Dined on 8/15/2014Had a wonderful diner the waitress was very informative. The owner came by to make sure everything was amazing. Would definitely recommend anybody who wants a nice diner where you have fun cooking your own food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/8/2014Great place for family. Service a little slow but food and venue fineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceWineanddineDined on 8/7/2014From the spectacular service (Frank), to the food (beyond amazing) to the atmosphere (private and intimate), this place is where it's at. No complaints at all. A fun time cooking your own delicious food, the price was steep but we knew that going in as you can view the menu online. Definitely not an every week spot (at least not for our budget) but for special occasions this is the new Albany restaurant to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningfondufunDined on 8/6/2014Our meal was excellent. We did the four course option and everyone enjoyed every aspect of it. Our servers, (Gina and Christine, I think), were friendly, helpful, and very attentive. This was our first experience at Melting Pot, we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKarenDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed a delicious, enjoyable dining experience. Wait staff was professional, friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- Good Food, Slow ServiceKimSDined on 7/30/2014The food is very good, although overpriced for what you get. The biggest problem is that the service is almost unbearably slow, which makes no sense given that the kitchen doesn't actually have to cook anything. I went out with a friend and we just had fondue appetizer and dessert, no entree and it still took 2 hours between being seated and getting our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting potOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Wasn't what we expected but we really enjoyed it! Very romantic excellent for Anniversary or date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No kids!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The Melting Pot in Albany is probably my favorite restaurant. It provides privacy between tables so you don't have to be right next to an annoying family. What annoys me though is when people bring their kids in. This is a fondue restaurant-not Friendly's! It's rare but it does happen. The waiter was plain-which is also a rare find at The Melting Pot, but that did not take away from the amazing taste of the food. Overall a quiet, romantic atmosphere that takes you away from the outside world for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly great!ssjacktabsDined on 7/26/2014We did the anniversary package. It includes a picture in a beautiful glass frame, glass vase with 3 roses, champagne toast, and a 4-course experience. The food was just incredible, almost as good as our honeymoon at Sandals! I would recommend skipping the salad because between the 1st, 3rd, and 4th course you are STUFFED!!! We did not go home hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightLorvoltaDined on 7/19/2014This was my 3rd time dining at The Melting Pot, but the 1st time for my boyfriend. I actually have to admit, that I've never gone to The Melting Pot WITHOUT a coupon, because I personally find it to be very expensive for a chain restaurant. However, this one in Albany has always been wonderful in service. Our waiter, Caleb, was amazing and kind. He checked on us occasionally and was very pleasant. I stated on Open Table that, if available, I would like to be seated in one of their more private booths away from the bar and main aisle. When I got there, they seated us in the EXACT place I requested, which was wonderful. The owner even came around to check on us. The food has always been consistently good; I just find it expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but a fun experiencewebchip59Dined on 7/18/2014We had the 4-course experience. I found it to be a bit pricey considering I was cooking the main entree. I decided we were paying for the fun fondue experience rather that the amount of food they give you.Special Features:
- Janson13Dined on 7/15/2014my sister, who had never been here, took me for my birthday dinner. We had great food and great service.Special Features:
- We're becoming regularsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014We keep going back and back! Love it...Michael the waiter is the best! Look for their coupons to make it more manageble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014This is one place that myself and the kids can all agree on. Service is great. We go quite often, probably kore than the average family, but once you figure out how and what to order, and look for coupons, it's not all that expensive. It's a great dining experience. Staff is always spot-on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels gimmickyGimmickyDined on 7/1/2014Loved our private nook, and wait staff were great. The signature salad was lovely. The wines were fine. But food was of low quality (cut veggies were shriveled and dry), and meats overly spiced even after I asked for plain. The cuts of beef were too chewy, the desserts were over-the-top sweet, before they went into the pot, and tasted chemically. At the end of the meal, I felt like is been slaving over a hot stove (which I had!) and all for outrageously high prices... No, we will not be back.Special Features:
- Great time!eb116Dined on 6/21/2014A friend and I went for dinner here and really liked it. The whole cook/prepare your own food thing threw us off a little bit but it was definitely a new and interesting experience. The menu is very diverse, there is sure to be something you enjoy. We loved the S'mores chocolate fondue! And our server Megan was amazing! Great service and very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- ServiceEatzzDined on 6/19/2014Service is never very good there. Not many happy and polite employees that work there. Service takes for ever, for what ever reason. Not kid friendly, if they are hungry. Finally got some napkins after asking three times.Special Features:
- EnjoyableWnterwarlockDined on 6/19/2014Went there for a 50th birthday celebration and had a very nice time. Only concerns was how slow the service was and how dirty the light fixture hanging right above our food was. I completely understand this is supposed to be a relaxed and laid back dining experience but 3 hours was a wee bit extreme.Special Features:
- Always a Fun Timejoeyd8711Dined on 6/14/2014Never had a bad experience here. The wine list is amazing, the food impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The food was incredible! Our server, Tiffani, made the experience so much better! We were seated right away with our reservation. I would definitley go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014It was a bit confusing at first but waitress was very accommodating and helpful. Food was very food. Ingredients were very fresh. We were celebrating and it was a nice treat!Special Features:
- OkFoodforthoughtDined on 5/27/2014They really don't bring out the amount of food you are entitled to unless specifically asked. Prices are very high for what you get.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceFirstvisitDined on 5/25/2014First visit to this MP and had excellent service and food while celebration a family member's college graduation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014I took a group of students for an end of the year celebration and we had such a great time. I was worried we wouldn't have enough time to eat and get back to school for an awards assembly but our waiter took great care of us and made sure that we were able to have three courses and still have enough time to get back to school. Didn't feel rushed and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely take them back again!Special Features:
- Horrible cheese fondueZagatDined on 5/19/2014Horrible cheese fondue, has a very distinct smell of white vine, did not like it, lost appetite after trying it.Special Features:
- ExcellentMinLeeDined on 5/17/2014We had a great time me and my wife. We loved our server- Sean. The table behind us was a bit noisy all through dinner we could hear their convetsation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once in a whiletommy13vDined on 5/10/2014The Melting Pot takes too long, is too expensive for what you're getting, and at the end of the night you're tipping other people after you've cooked your own food. Its a nice experience, but not something worth doing regularly. Also the waiter we had was too slow for my taste and when I had an issue with one of the sauces tasting like flour his response was "Oh, it must have been a bad batch" and that was it. Food was way salty and drank 3 glasses of water but getting more water was difficult as our waiter went missing for more than 25 minutes at a time during our 2.5hr dinner.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Treasureautumneve29Dined on 5/9/2014I was very blessed to spend my Friday before Mother's day here with my three children (3, 5, & 7). We had a wonderful time and were treated exceptionally well. The children were very welcome in this atmosphere and the layout makes it easy to have little children there and not feel that you are disturbing anyone else. Our server was very hospitable and fun. While preparing our cheese fondue- he asked what brought us out and I told him that we were celebrating Mother's Day, but I was the only one who brought my purse. He quickly smirked and said, "Well you know, we have a special for Mother's Day- we are accepting Pokémon cards like cash!" This was much to the dismay of my son- who happened to have a bunch in the car! Great time. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- makrockDined on 5/8/2014Went late at night,hard to find someone to be seatedbut ended up just asking for aa table. Waiter Alex was fantastic, vevery patient and explained everything well. Definitly would recommend friends to visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner,service=TERRIBLEMelissaDined on 5/8/2014Everything was great as usual except my waitress was horrible. She was trying to get a high check and upsell everything, to the point it made her seem stupid. Telling a party of 4 adults and 5 kids we all had to buy "extra portions of cheese otherwise we would only get one dip per person" when we had the pots of cheese going and four, four course meals were ordered. Also each child got a kids meal. We CLEARLY and at least 4x asked if one mother and her daughter only could be on there own check, she brought the check it was all together, and she said we never asked and could swipe as many cards as we wanted but we had to do the math and she could no longer seperate checks. She NEVER came back In between courses for drink refills, HORRIBLE !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but overpricedAmericanmessiDined on 5/6/2014Environment and service are good. Food meet expectations but not that great. Good for couples. Overpriced!Special Features:
- The following 290 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Albany reviews archive.
- MehKristyBDined on 5/4/2014Could've been 4 stars, had things not gone so wrong. Waiter seemed overwhelmed; I think they had him working different sections of the restaurant. When he brought the broths for cooking, they sat their heating up until they burned, with still nothing to cook at the table. We had to have both broths replaced, and wait for them to heat up again. We added an additional entree, and were told told 2-3 minutes(it's uncooked food after all), try 20-30. Entrees were cleared, chocolate order was placed and we sat there 26 minutes with nothing; just waiting. Another 40 to pay the bill. I had to flag down the manager, who kept simply walking by, long after we'd finished. Waiter was very nice and I don't blame him, I think it was out of his hands.
- Good foodhappylalagirlDined on 4/27/2014I took my daughter here for her birthday. We've been to a Melting Pot in NJ several times but this was our first in Albany. We loved it. Our server was great and we had a nice time with great food and of course, amazing chocolate fondue at the end. ;)Special Features:
- Confusing - Poor Food - OverpricedAustinDined on 4/11/2014My first visit to the Melting Pot...the whole process was very confusing...food was bland...outrageously overpriced. There are far better restaurants in the Albany area at half the price.Special Features: