The Melting Pot - Albany
1 Crossgates Mall Road
Albany, NY 12203Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Albany
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/albany-ny/welcome
- Phone: (518) 862-1292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: We can do Fondue events for large functions.
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dinning for small and large parties up to 35. We have a meeting room that seat up to 35.
A word from The Melting Pot - Albany
Welcome to the Melting Pot Restaurant of Albany NY. We invite you to indulge in an interactive authentic fondue dining experience. We provide many private dining options for parties of all sizes, including our famous lovers’ lane romantic booths for two. You can also bring the whole family to experience the Fondue Effect. Join us for the perfect night out whatever the occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Albany - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
The Melting Pot - Albany reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (42)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (21)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great experienceBuencomedorDined on 11/21/2014First time for most of us at a fondue restaurant, and we loved it. The Melting Pot is large place, but it is incredibly private. Food was great. Our favorite was the cheese fondue with amazing salads after that. Entrees were good and fun to cook right at your table. Chocolate fondue was delicious, but at that point we all had too much to eat and were a bit tired. Our server was very helpful, funny and attentive. Overall fantastic. It gets to be a bit pricey at the end, but it is a great place for a special occasion. My family can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too longOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014It took over 2 1/2 hrs to finish dinner - and we got our dessert to go. We waited for 30 mins to be waited on. We waited for every course of our meal. Our waiteess was frienly but it was not worth the wait.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/11/2014Happy to see the fiesta cheese back on the menu....but would have thought the baked-potato would have remained...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014My boyfriend and I went to the Melting Pot for our date night. It was very quiet and had our own private space. The food was delicious and the drinks were good (I recommend the Love Martini). However, we had to ask several times to get a refill before we actually got a new drink. Overall, it was a good experience!Special Features:
- The Melting pottakennedDined on 11/1/2014I love this place because it's alot of fun and there is always a great selection. I wasn't pleased with our seating areauby the bar and door to the mall. It's very distracting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014We tend to go to Melting Pot for special occasions and are always satisfied with the food and ambiance. Service is generally good as well.Special Features:
- GreatDiningDJDined on 10/17/2014Was a great experience and the staff was surperb and accommodating. I would recommend this to everyone looking for a good date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Took some friends out to thank them for helping with a patio project. Good food, and a good time.Special Features:
- Romantic celebrationPadmeDined on 10/13/2014We have gone to this Melting Pot for our anniversary each year and they always make it special and memorable.Special Features:
- Always Our Favoritecopperwife4141Dined on 10/4/2014This is our go to place when we want to feel good. You take your time and eat and talk just have a great time with friends or loved ones with great food!Special Features:
- Great Fondue Experience!johnnyZimaDined on 9/28/2014I've been here on numerous occasions and this place never disappoints. I alway leave full!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, relaxing celebrationOcasionalDinerDined on 9/28/2014A family favorite for special celebrations. Good food in a nice relaxing atmosphere. Server was attentive, friendly and quick. As expected, the nature of the dinning experience takes longer than a typical dinner (2 1/2 hours).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of funfondu413Dined on 9/27/2014Negatives always come first, waitress was slightly rude when my fiancee ordered a alcoholic beverage due to her license still being vertical even though the dates very clearly show that she was 21. The first course was very nice the cheese was hot and the gluten free dippers were great! The salad was okay and the main course was lots of fun for first time fonduers. Desert was where this meal truly shined with the amazing chocolate fondue. I was most impressed with there selection of gluten free options.Special Features:
- Melting Pot ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I have to say I was disappointed. It was my husbands and I anniversary dinner. We made reservations weeks before. Even though we requested a booth, sat at a tabletop and told no booths available. We had to remind server of taking a drink order. She was barely audible and slow to boot. Not the romantic dinner we were envisioning at all. Husband said he would only go back for dessert. Good for a girls night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014The service is always wonderful and my daughter loves the cheese and the fruit with the chocolate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!fndulvrsDined on 9/19/2014I have visited The Melting Pot at least 10 times since it's opening and they never fail to deliver! Although on the pricey side and we reserve it for a special occasion, the food meets expectations and the service is usually great.Special Features:
- gfastrDined on 9/6/2014A wonderful way to spend an evening. Unhurried pace encourages engaging conversation. The variety of food is outstanding and encourages sharing, contributing even more to the social aspect of the occasion. We find a meal at The Melting Pot reikindles friendships.Special Features:
- Awesome Anniversaryjdaigs2010Dined on 9/6/2014I have never had a poor experience at this restaurant. My most recent trip to The Melting Pot was to celebrate my 3 year anniversary with my girlfriend. Although we decided to not get the anniversary special, our time there was still quite memorable. I requested that they seat us in a quiet area to celebrate together in a quiet environment and the seat they placed us in was incredible. I also mentioned that the reason for our trip was for our anniversary and they had a card ready for us when we walked in. The hour drive to get to this restaurant was certainly worth it and my girlfriend and I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- always love the PotOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/6/2014We go way too much, but the kids love it! The service has gotten even better over the past year. Used to be long waits between the courses, but they are much quicker and it's much appreciated. Like having the salad at teh same time as the cheese (ask them to do that and they will...makes teh experience a bit shorter which is nice)Special Features:
- Perfect for special eventBesteverDined on 9/3/2014My husband and I were treated to a very special evening by the staff when they found out it was our Wedding Anniversary. The owner brought over a glass of champagne for each of us and the staff all signed a card. We felt very special and enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the memorable evening!Special Features:
- Great spot for a conversationChiefforadayDined on 8/29/2014The table and restaurant design is great for a good meal and conversation. The booths add privacy and a sense of intimacy not found in other restaurants. The food is very good. I was very satisfied with the menu selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We go here often and every time is always good, friendly service, knowledgable and great staff, only complaint this time around was our chocolate fondue was very oily and gelatinous for some reason, and the pineapple was less than fresh. Nonetheless, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24th Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014A friend had recommend The Melting Pot to us. We were pleasantly surprised with the restaurant from the intimate tables to the relaxed atmosphere to the delightful staff. Our waitress, Gina, was amazing. Apparently she had only been there for about 2 weeks and was very knowledgeable and personable, we would have never guessed that she was fairly new at her job.Special Features:
- Melts the Soul and Warms the HeartaverageschmoDined on 8/22/2014There's something magical about fondue cooking and The Melting Pot is a great introduction. Although a little pricey, the four course experience is definitely worth every penny. It's a meal you won't soon forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the Cheese or ChocolateAndy58VIPDined on 8/16/2014We used a coupon for salad and the main course and were disappointed with the food and cooking style. We should have just gone for the fondue appetizer and chocolate dessert. They looked much better. Also, the prices are on the high side. The service was good and the private booths are an excellent way to dine.Special Features:
- Melting Pot does a nice jobSaratogaLocalDined on 8/16/2014Melting Pot always does a nice job--the only problem is the price. It is just too expensive. We are vegetarians and enjoy all the courses--cheese fondue, salad, main course and chocolate. For three adults and two kids, no alcohol, the total was $170, plus tip. Nice service, very attentive, but not intrusive. Food is good, but the price makes it tough to get there more than infrequently.Special Features:
- Fabulous everything!Emdog42Dined on 8/15/2014Had a wonderful diner the waitress was very informative. The owner came by to make sure everything was amazing. Would definitely recommend anybody who wants a nice diner where you have fun cooking your own food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/8/2014Great place for family. Service a little slow but food and venue fineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceWineanddineDined on 8/7/2014From the spectacular service (Frank), to the food (beyond amazing) to the atmosphere (private and intimate), this place is where it's at. No complaints at all. A fun time cooking your own delicious food, the price was steep but we knew that going in as you can view the menu online. Definitely not an every week spot (at least not for our budget) but for special occasions this is the new Albany restaurant to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningfondufunDined on 8/6/2014Our meal was excellent. We did the four course option and everyone enjoyed every aspect of it. Our servers, (Gina and Christine, I think), were friendly, helpful, and very attentive. This was our first experience at Melting Pot, we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKarenDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed a delicious, enjoyable dining experience. Wait staff was professional, friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- The following 316 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Albany reviews archive.
- Good Food, Slow ServiceKimSDined on 7/30/2014The food is very good, although overpriced for what you get. The biggest problem is that the service is almost unbearably slow, which makes no sense given that the kitchen doesn't actually have to cook anything. I went out with a friend and we just had fondue appetizer and dessert, no entree and it still took 2 hours between being seated and getting our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting potOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Wasn't what we expected but we really enjoyed it! Very romantic excellent for Anniversary or date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No kids!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The Melting Pot in Albany is probably my favorite restaurant. It provides privacy between tables so you don't have to be right next to an annoying family. What annoys me though is when people bring their kids in. This is a fondue restaurant-not Friendly's! It's rare but it does happen. The waiter was plain-which is also a rare find at The Melting Pot, but that did not take away from the amazing taste of the food. Overall a quiet, romantic atmosphere that takes you away from the outside world for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly great!ssjacktabsDined on 7/26/2014We did the anniversary package. It includes a picture in a beautiful glass frame, glass vase with 3 roses, champagne toast, and a 4-course experience. The food was just incredible, almost as good as our honeymoon at Sandals! I would recommend skipping the salad because between the 1st, 3rd, and 4th course you are STUFFED!!! We did not go home hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightLorvoltaDined on 7/19/2014This was my 3rd time dining at The Melting Pot, but the 1st time for my boyfriend. I actually have to admit, that I've never gone to The Melting Pot WITHOUT a coupon, because I personally find it to be very expensive for a chain restaurant. However, this one in Albany has always been wonderful in service. Our waiter, Caleb, was amazing and kind. He checked on us occasionally and was very pleasant. I stated on Open Table that, if available, I would like to be seated in one of their more private booths away from the bar and main aisle. When I got there, they seated us in the EXACT place I requested, which was wonderful. The owner even came around to check on us. The food has always been consistently good; I just find it expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but a fun experiencewebchip59Dined on 7/18/2014We had the 4-course experience. I found it to be a bit pricey considering I was cooking the main entree. I decided we were paying for the fun fondue experience rather that the amount of food they give you.Special Features:
- Janson13Dined on 7/15/2014my sister, who had never been here, took me for my birthday dinner. We had great food and great service.Special Features:
- We're becoming regularsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/15/2014We keep going back and back! Love it...Michael the waiter is the best! Look for their coupons to make it more manageble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/8/2014This is one place that myself and the kids can all agree on. Service is great. We go quite often, probably kore than the average family, but once you figure out how and what to order, and look for coupons, it's not all that expensive. It's a great dining experience. Staff is always spot-on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.