The Mash House Restaurant and Brewery
4150 Sycamore Dairy Rd.
Fayetteville, NC 28303Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Mash House Restaurant and Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themashhouse.com/
- Phone: 9108679223x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday = bar 4pm - 11pm, dining room 5pm-10pm
Friday = bar 4pm-12am, dining room 5pm-11pm
Saturday = bar 12pm-12am, dining room 12pm-11pm
Sunday = bar 12pm-9pm, dining room 12pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Preston Cravey III
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our patio is offered as a private party area has removable sides that can be raised or lowered for inclement weather or colder days. We offer customized menu options and buffet options for parties of 20 or more.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 9108679223x
A word from The Mash House Restaurant and Brewery
Fayetteville’s most original menu coupled with an on-site brewery make it a local favorite. Decidedly non-chain choices, with a spotlight on hearty fare like steaks, chops and seafood, coupled with our handcrafted beer. Perfection by the plate, paradise by the pint. NEW! Go behind the scenes and see how our beer is born.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Mash House Restaurant and Brewery - Best Restaurants in Fayetteville ›
The Mash House Restaurant and Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)good for groups (20)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (13)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014They threw my chicken dish on the plate. Presentation needs help! Potatoe soup was pretty good though. Way overpriced food ($70) for a simple dinner with no apps. I know of many better places that cost less. Such a shame since the ambiance is so romantic.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience!jmt1Dined on 8/18/2014My wife and I loved it. We were celebrating our 29th Wedding Anniversary. Food and service was outstanding! A come back is definitively a MUST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ENVIRONMENTPapoDined on 8/15/2014LOVE THIS PLACE. I RECOMMEND IT. GREAT SERVICE. GREAT FOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooks need helpMandiBDined on 8/4/2014Great service and ambience, only thing was my filet was cold as if it sat out for a while before making it to the table. It was a Monday night and very slow so no reason for the food to be cold. Great choice of beer and wine!
- Been here before but not the sameLuvniceDinersDined on 8/3/2014everything was alright did not receive the discount for my sister birthday occasion. waitress seemed a little confused and we had to remind her of things that we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteDriftwoodDined on 7/27/2014Although not a new restaurant, this was our first time dining here. Service was very friendly and unpretentious. We got what we wanted/needed when we wanted/needed it. Out of this world steaks, and since this is a craft brew house as well, the beer is top notch. This will be our new favorite when in the Fayetteville area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencebbratcher12Dined on 7/26/2014The Mash House customer service, food, sensory, and etc. was awesome. We arrived early and the hostess seated us and the waitress came right over an began taking our drink orders. My mother really enjoyed her Birthday and I would definitely recommend The Mash House to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual placebrucer500Dined on 7/23/2014Food was good. Service was very good. A bit on the noisy side, but not overly so. Will go back!Special Features:
- Date nightBraggnrightsDined on 7/21/2014Our server Scott was great. It was our first experience there and it was our anniversary. We enjoyed the food and experience. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJEffreyDined on 7/18/2014After waiting for 1 1/2 hours to receive food it arrived at the table completely cooked wrong. This visit was extremely disappointing. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Although the wait staff was extremely nice. Very disappointing restaurant.
- Mash HouseLuv2dineDined on 7/18/2014Appetizer was great entree was not food was cold and taste lessSpecial Features:
- Okay but not excitingfinediningfoodieDined on 7/18/2014I was apprehensive as a result of reading a lot of negative reviews but decided to go. We sat there for a bit until our server came to check on us and take our drink orders and appetizer order. We received our drinks and appetizer. We got the crab dip which was good, just EXTREMELY oily. It also looked like it'd been dropped on a grill or cooked on one that hadn't been cleaned as the "bread" it was served with had charred bits on the bottom. There was a little piece of broccoli floating around in my drink so I ordered a new one -- which also had some foreign object floating in it. My food, the salmon oscar, was cooked perfectly but, it was lukewarm at best. My husband ordered a burger which he enjoyed and had no problems with his meal.
- NicebeerloverDined on 7/16/2014I brought my husband for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We had a great time. The waitress Tanya was wonderful. Very helpful. I actually tried beer for the first time. And my husband who is a beer fanatic was delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, bruschetta a little too sweetNiceDined on 7/14/2014Waitress was great. Simple dishes took a long time to prepare. Wait for main course was long. Corn on the con was cold. Not Luke warm but cold. Flatbread was burnt. Food tasted good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceTerribleDined on 7/12/2014Bad experience. We arrived at 815 for our reservation at 8:45. Was told that we could wait in the bar area. At 9:05 I go up to ask how much longer we have and she tells me she can seat me now, she asked me where I had been I could have been seated. I told her I was waiting in the area she asked me to and she said that she was so busy she forgot about us. then after seated. salad was great, but with our entree, the garlic potatoes had no garlic on them, they were completely plain, waitress says that it will be about 15 minutes before more could be prepared what did I want. I told her that would be fine but she never brought them out. I asked for the check which charged us for our drinks we had payed for at the bar. terrible experience
- Good food for Fayettevilleyum12345Dined on 7/12/2014The food and drinks were of decent quality--- the cut of meat was not of great quality and the mash potatoes were dry, but the brews were pretty good and the meal was fine. Fairly inexpensive for a steak house--- $20-30 meals.Special Features:
- NotImpressedDined on 7/11/2014The spinach artichoke dip was really good. Wine was good. I had the salmon, crab cake, mash potatoes and asparagus. The fish was decent. The crab cake was very fishy smelling and didn't taste great. Asparagus was good but the mash potatoes were very dry. Our server was nice but seemed like he just wanted us out of there to get his tip and move onto the next table. I was expecting a nice resturant with wonderful food. The resturant was nice but I wasn't impressed with the food. With the prices being high, i figured it would be better. I would not recommend this resturant to anyone. And most likely my husband and I won't be back.Special Features:
- COULD HAVE BEEN BETTERTheFoodManDined on 7/5/2014I ate here for the first time on the 5th of July the food was OK, I expected it to be a lot better. Great beer selection we ordered some mac and cheese with our meals that was substandard and they were out of any thing with potatoes ( Mashed, Baked, Fries etc) that kinda sucked but the food was good and the beer outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night 4th July weekendSlice5Dined on 7/5/2014I ate at this spot once and it was really great food, services, beer selection, and waiting staff. So I brought my out of state friend raving about it. We ordered penne spicy pasta, lobster Mac and cheese, and salsa. The salsa came out and was spoiled (tasted extremely sour), the penne pasta came out and the chicken wasn't cooked all the way, Mac and cheese was nothing fancy. They did bring us fresh salsa on the house. ( it's merely pico de galo though) we had a bite but didn't eat it. The waiter was ok. Overall it was a let down. We couldn't get the check fast enough to leave.
- DisappointedFrstbornDined on 7/4/2014This visit was quite disappointing. While the waiter was attentive and well informed about the menu and food, the food itself ended up being mediocre at best. The fried green tomatoes were so overdone that they were nearly burned, I received the wrong sides with my steak, and my husband's meatloaf (a dish that was recommended as the house specialty and loaded with spices) was blander than any I have ever tasted. In addition, every single dish was cold when it arrived at our table....
- Great!LB75Dined on 7/2/2014Excellent food, better beer, and professional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantJAGManDined on 6/21/2014Great restaurant with outstanding food! The food servers are attentive and professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GO FOR THE BEERGAPEACHDined on 6/21/2014REALLY NOTHING SPECIAL WASN'T D ISAPPOINTED,WASNT EXCITED EITHER. DECOR BLAND.HUSBAND,ORDERED MEATLOAF AND MASHED POTATOES A BIG PORTION,HE SAID IT WAS GOOD.I HAD CHICKEN ALFERDO AGAIN ALOT,JUST NOTHING SPECIAL.I GIVE THE RESTAURANT A C PLUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late on MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014I brought colleagues to the Mash House after a very positive experience earlier this year. I'm not sure if we got the weekend's leftovers or what but they were out of ribs so I got short ribs instead. Fatty and gristly. I was looking forward to creamy cheesy grits and got a dense ice cream scoop ball with barely melted chedder on top. And my mac and cheese side was poorly reheated. Loved the place my first time in, hated it this time.Special Features:
- Excellent service, excellent foodDennisk51VIPDined on 6/14/2014We were there for a late lunch on a Saturday. I am certain when the place is more crowded that will be quite different. This is an outstanding brew/chop-house. We sampled one of the brews, excellent (Meirbach). The steaks and fish tacos were excellent. I heartily recommend the Greek salad to share as a starter. What made our meal was the service. Yes, there were only three tables being tended to, but JAIME was a superb server. Right amount of attention and attention to detail. I requested no starches, 'not a problem.' The kitchen permits total substitution for side orders (and there were quite a few). When I asked for some butter to use with my steamed broccoli Jaime brought a dish of drawn butter!!! Deserts were great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I got wrong food plate. My flank steak was tough and lacked in seasoning. Rice pilaf was bland and beer was warm! I found the food to be too pricey for their quality and plate that was served! Too much noise and couldn't hear the conversation from across the booth.
- disappointedlmrbVIPDined on 5/31/2014I have to say after reading the restaurant menu online and viewing the website I was excited to go and have a nice meal on our one stop on a 22 hour drive. I thought the building and decor were fine, they even had some outdoor seating, The cocktail menu looked interesting and my blue martini was ok. The service was good and our server Barbie was very nice and attentive. Yet I was shocked when our meals arrived. Mediocre at best. Looked like something a 17 year old might serve up in Home economics class for a final project, The steaks were edible, but it was not appealing and my daughter said her ice cream scooped mash potatoes were cold and had a sour taste. Please just go for appetizers and drinks. Not fine dining at all
- SeatsTobeinerinDined on 5/30/2014The food and service were very good. The booth seat was a tad uncomfy and every time the people sitting behind me moved, my seat moved. Was a bit aggravating. Drink was good. Chococlate chip cake was a tad too dense and sweet. JP and Barb did a great service job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second try....BroccoliVIPDined on 5/24/2014I was in town visiting my sister and wanted to give Mash House another try. The first, second and third time I visited the restaurant, the food was quite enjoyable, but the fourth time was quite the mistake. Food arrived cold (and we were seated at the bar), and the bartender seemed quite annoyed when I asked for something different. Well, I gave Mash House another try on my last visit and it proved to be a mistake. Again, sat at the bar and the bartender(s) seemed annoyed to serve you. Order a salad (ate a third) and a beer. The beer was warm, asked for another one and the bartender could have cared less, so I ordered a mixed drink instead. Definitely done with Mash House.
- Amazing!BriannaDined on 5/12/2014My steak was perfect and the service was astonishing! They set up a beautiful candlelit table for my wedding anniversary and was very attentative! I recommend the mash house to everyone who wants a night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!MiniDined on 5/11/2014I took Mom to lunch at the Mash House. We wanted to try some place new. We were so glad we did! Great food and service. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the MashBrandiPDined on 5/9/2014Been here tons of times....NEVER disappoints! It's very family friendly and it's great for a date night! Love that they use open table reservation app!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 345 reviews are from the The Mash House Restaurant and Brewery reviews archive.
- Great food...Not so good serviceFoodCriticsDined on 4/20/2014My family an I went to the Mash House for Easter brunch. They had a very limited menu for the occasion so we decided to order from the menu. My wife had ordered an appetizer which took 45 minutes to arrive and my salad took just as long. I had to go see the manager about the wait time and inquired about our food (he asked me what we were drinking and brought us another round). When the food finally came, I would have to admit was very good but we never saw our waiter again until we had to ask for the check (it wasn't that busy in there). When I received the check, they had added the drinks the manager had brought us. We are going to try it out one more time in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over cooked steaks!BeachgirlDined on 4/19/2014Server was friendly and answered all our many qUestions and kept our drinks full! Ordered 4 steaks none of which were cooked good. Medium steak was more rAre than medium and rare steak had absolutely no pink in it. Server did have the overcooked rare steak re-done but we expected more from a steak-house.
- Try againtable42Dined on 4/5/2014Service and Meatloaf were mediocre, but the SALMON OSCAR was Superb! It was a busy night, but server's personality & service was lacking. Meatloaf was not great. But GIVE this place a TRY! Tonight was just an OFF night for them. We've been here before and enjoyed the service and food!!! -- Lobster Macaroni is TO DIE FOR!!!
- Had a great time. Food wasRoxanneDined on 4/4/2014Had a great time. Food was phenomenal. Probably the best steak I've had in years. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the beer.....BroccoliVIPDined on 3/25/2014.... not for the food. My husband ordered the short ribs with cheddar grits, which consisted of a slice of cheddar cheese melted over the grits! Really?!! I ordered the chicken sandwich, arrived lukewarm. Was more and likely under a "heat lamp" while my husband's meal was being prepared. I sent the sandwich back. Would only return after eating somewhere else, then have drinks at the bar.
- Cold and slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The food was excellent. The service was less than stellar. Our waiter was adequate but not really friendly. The whole place was so cold. We froze the whole time. It took so long to get our food that we were starving and not very excited about it anymore. By the time the food got there, all we wanted to do was eat quickly so we could leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- some menu items good some not greatpatriotmomDined on 3/14/2014Those in our party that had steak said that their meals were very good. Lobster mac and cheese....good. Burger...only ok...nothing special and had some grizzle in it....was a bit disappointing if you are looking for a tasty burger. People working need to smile a bit more and at least appear that they like their job.Special Features:
- Food was overpriced and overratedgrapefruitjuiceDined on 3/8/2014My meal was incredibly bland for such an elevated price (for Fayetteville, NC).Special Features: