The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox
3567 Main Street
Manchester Village, VT 05254Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.equinoxresort.com/
- Phone: 8023624700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Pub Fare: Daily: 11:30am - closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Russell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full-Service through our extensive Banquet and Catering Department.
- Private Party Facilities: Full- service through our extensive Banquet and Catering Department. Please contact the restaurant manager's office at 802-362-7738
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Hubner 8023627738
- Entertainment: Weekends and holiday periods in the Marsh Tavern Pub.
A word from The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox
The Marsh Tavern offers New England and eclectic cuisine, with Local Vermont influences in a casual historical tavern environment. For reservations in our classic, destination steak house, the Chop House, please call our hotel concierge at (802)362-4700. Please visit our website for information on additional dining at the Equinox.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)romantic (4)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Secret steaksBaldrabbitVIPDined on 10/10/2014When we arrived at Marsh Tavern we changed to the adjacent room called the Chop House. A perfect small room with perfect steakhouse food with no unnecessary frills! Service was friendly and precise, steaks cooked perfectly; sides arrived cooked perfectly and hot! Menu is totally different from the Marsh Tavern---more upscale and more specific. We have eaten at Marsh before and it is good, but we were in the mood for steaks and a little more upscale meal which was delivered perfectly. Service matched the food. We went on the Friday of Columbus Day week-end---the busiest of the year. They were able to give us the last available table. Everything from the hostess who set us up to the waiter and the runners, the front of the house was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SallyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We love the Marsh Tavern. The food is good, the room has a cozy fireplace and even though we are in a resort hotel it is family friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu4theloveoffoodDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food, great and fast service. Cozy comfy chairs for enjoying the meal and company. Good size portions, a bit of a splurge budget wise. Complementary desserts for anniversary, nice touch. Wished for ambient music as room was not full and you could hear a pin drop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet supperJohnVIPDined on 8/21/2014After a long day of travel a quiet supper is what we needed. The Marsh gave it to us - apple/butternut soup, mussels, shepherd's pie, pear salad all made it to our table. They were all excellent and were presented well. Just what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Good but cold!NewMexicanVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great food and ambience. However, the air conditioning was frigid!Special Features:
- First time visit was excellentbakster21Dined on 7/4/2014Had a very pleasant dining experience overall. Make sure to specify and double-check how you would like your burger or other meat prepared - I had to send back my first one since it was not done properly. Will look forward to visiting again and trying more menu items!
- The following 166 reviews are from the The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox reviews archive.
- Food could be WAY betterLive4foodVIPDined on 6/2/2014Considering they have a steakhouse in the same dining room the meat entrees should have been way better. The salads were excellent and the bread box was fun. The service staff was great!Special Features:
- Pretty GoodJoeBVIPDined on 5/23/2014Went for dinner. Service was friendly and professional. Food was not bad. Kale salad needed a little advance dressing because the leaves were a bit plastic, but the Asparagus Toasts were great!! My Chicken wasn't bad, although the carrots should have been peeled as it makes the dish look "dirty". My Partner's Ribeye was great. Dessert's were great. My cobbler was very nice and my partner had a brownie with salty caramel sauce (made for him by the kitchen, as he is lactose intolerant; such a thoughtful accommodation) which, too was tasty. Overall, nice evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend Getawaylove2travelDined on 4/25/2014I took my husband to the Equinox for a quick weekend getaway in late April. We had dinner on Friday evening in the Marsh Tavern as it was very convenient and had good reviews. We were welcomed by name and guided to a specially reserved table! The waitress could not have been nicer or friendly. The food was delicious, hot and she paced the entrée to our liking. (Some restaurants pay no attention to how to pace the serving of their meals.) We had a lovely, casual dinner with a wonderful VT ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKristieVIPDined on 4/10/2014Great food, loved the bread box. French onion soup was a little too thin for my liking. The beet salad was soooo good, as is their homemade ice creams. A little pricey but the food is worth it for dinner.
- Very gourmet for a pub atmosphereDebraLDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I enjoyed a very nice meal at the Marsh Tavern. Very high quality food for a pub atmosphere. My husband had their Angus burger and fresh cut french fries which was excellent. I had the roasted cedar plank salmon which was very delicious. The beet salad with fresh ricotta was extremely unusual and creative. The fresh brewed ice-tea is truly that: it's brewed tableside -- can't get fresher than that.Special Features:
- The Marsh Tavern is a lovelyStellaDined on 3/23/2014The Marsh Tavern is a lovely historic setting inside the Equinox Hotel. The food was excellent, and the wine was good, although it is all very pricey. The appetizer and entree were fresh and well prepared but priced for a ski area clientele. The atmosphere is pretentious and belies the very relaxed tavern-bar setting. As local area residents we enjoyed the meal but would be unlikely to return. Other venues offer the food quality in a less expense and more comfortable environment that meets our preferences.Special Features:
- Need menu and preparation helpBirthdayDined on 3/19/2014The online menu and the menu at the restaurant were not the same and several of the items we were interested in having were not available on the on site Tavern menu, we were disappointed. In general we had difficulty choosing our meal as nothing was appealing. Even the coq au vin was more like a chicken stew. I think they need to work on their menu and preparation. We probably will not return. . e
- Great VT night at the Marsh TavernEquinoxguest1Dined on 2/17/2014The Marsh Tavern is everything a restaurant in a historic setting should be.....Perfect lighting, Windsor chairs, good mix of "pub" and "restaurant" food and amiable staff. This is a high recommend for anyone looking for a lovely VT setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went to dinner for Valentine's Day, I did not realize there would be so many families with young children. If looking for a romantic, quiet dinner with your significant other, I would definitely not recommend going here. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Had a great meal there aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Had a great meal there about 10 years ago. Place was redesigned and no longer tavern "rustic," which we had liked. The noise level was quite loud. Once our order was taken, we waited a good half hour for our meal and our waiter never checked on us to see if we wanted anything. With entrees in the $30-$35 range, I would expect much better service. Again, after our entrees arrived, no sign of the waiter until we requested our check. Not sure he even asked if we wanted coffee. Too many fine restaurant options in Manchester -- won't go back here again.Special Features:
- A Little LimitedWinkDined on 2/1/2014Dining at the Marsh Tavern was, for the most part, a great experience. Service was indeed outstanding with extremely courteous service personnel. The food was very good with the only real problem being that we felt the menu was somewhat limited. Therefore, repeat visits quickly become boring. It's worth noting that the bread tray was fabulous. The noise level was acceptable aggravated only by small children in the bar area or large groups who are noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will give it another chanceSageDined on 12/30/2013I went to Marsh Tavern the week between Xmas and New Years. The Equinox was lovely- beautiful hotel, decor and wonderful service. We enjoyed our meals at Marsh Tavern, specifically the roasted beet salad and the salmon dish. The food portions were small, but filling. The quality, taste and presentation of the food was 5-stars. Our only disappointment was that there were several families dining as well, who were allowing their children to run, stomp and jump around the restaurant. It was really distracting and rude. While our servers were very good to us, they were too tolerant of the poor behavior of their other customers. I will give Marsh Tavern another chance, but won't go back if I see playground behavior in the dining room.Special Features:
- ExcellentEC99Dined on 12/25/2013I love this place. Food is great, people are warm and friendly. Like the wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The room was pleasant, butAC27Dined on 12/4/2013The room was pleasant, but the lighting was far too bright. The food was good service adequate but not anything special for the prices and location. The night we were there a large group was there making the noise level quite loud.Special Features:
- Out of 4 appetizers and 4wromVIPDined on 11/23/2013Out of 4 appetizers and 4 main courses, only one, the kale salad, made you 'stand up and notice.' When a main course is $29-$36, you expect it to be tasty, not unexciting. They tried to be innovative, but just didn't pull it off. The room was cool, with the temperature outside in the low 20's and windy, they didn't compensate turning up the temp.
- We had another fantastic dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2013We had another fantastic dinner! For starters out table tried the beet and kale salads. Both were tasty and beautifully presented. For entrees we had the lamb shank, halibut and salmon. Again, everyone was very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The main menu was innovativeRobertDined on 11/10/2013The main menu was innovative and filled with exotic combinations. Sadly the cog-au-vin was served dry without any of the usual soupy sauce. Items on the main menu were relatively expensive; $30.00 range and up. Of note, they do offer a 'Pub menu' with excellent choices. The Shepard's Pie, which combined, beef, chicken, duck and veal was superb. The covering mashed potatos had a delicious Vermont cheddar cheese coating. The prices were much lower without sacrificing quality. The atmosphere was delightful. We particularly enjoyed our dinner seated at a table for two with comfortable easy chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came in for an early dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2013We came in for an early dinner with 2 young children and the staff could not have been more accommodating! The food was amazing. Our party started with a few different salads and the scallops. Each dish was beautifully presented, but more importantly, tasted great! Our entrees were equally delicious. For dessert don't miss the peanut butter heaven! We had some allergies and both our server and the kitchen took them seriously. We can not wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manchester MagicKyoKyoDined on 10/15/2013Highly recommended, in a great location, perfect venue for a romantic weekend away in Vermont with great food to match. Service is great, although the lamb shank we had on that day was a bit on the dry side. Nothing that made it unedible, however. Starters were excellent as was dessert.Special Features:
- DisappointedMACFDined on 10/13/2013We have been to the Equinox Marsh Tavern for 15+ years. We were completely disappointed by the noise level and chaotic behavior of all the young children and their parents. The children ran, threw tantrums, had videos taken of them. etc. Every table in the dining room had children at them except those tables for two by the window. We are seriously considering canceling our December weekend visit for fear this dog and child family hotel has lost it's class. Maybe a family dining room should be offered, so that other guests don't have to suffer from their rude and obnoxious behaviors. It is a luxury hotel restaurant, not a neighborhood Chuckie Cheese. The Equinox should not lower their standards.Special Features:
- Sub-standard for the price rangeJohnWDined on 10/13/2013For starters -- yes, it's a hotel restaurant, so perhaps you shouldn't expect so much. But the Equinox is a stellar place, and so one expects the same from its restaurants (fwiw, the Chop House is amazing). But the Marsh Tavern was pretty thoroughly disappointing. No ambiance and a completely inattentive and presumptuous waiter kept this from being a good dining experience. Food was okay -- appetizers were quite good (local charcuterie board, blackened kale salad) but the entrees (duck) were totally flat.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time or moneyJulieDined on 10/11/2013This was a pretty moderate priced dinner, at 37.00 per entry. It was very poorly staffed. There was a long delay between seating us, asking us if we wanted a drink and serving our appetizer and entree. We didn't want to wait for dessert. One diner complained to their waiter and said, well how long as no one is eating. There were kids running all over the restaurant. Definetly a miss if you are looking for a relaxing, romatic night. The food was only average.
- MehpingDined on 10/3/2013Meh at best, over priced 8 buck pretzel appetizer (Auntie Anns from the mall superior) only ordered them cuz the waiter said they were to die for (?) Both the lamb shank and halibut way overcooked, at 32 bucks for an entree seems like a small salad would be included.Special Features:
- Mehskramer49Dined on 9/28/2013Having eaten there before, we expected a really nice experience while staying at the Equinox. Not so much this time. The server was pleasant and got the job done, but was obviously hurried and not focused on us. I had grilled duck breast with a wonderful shaved shallot potato galettte with duck confit, but presentation was lacking and the plate was sloppily strewn with a very sweet and sticky relish that I suppose someone thought artistically placed. We tried the salted caramel ice cream, but wouldn't again - relatively tasteless and with an odd texture. Although we enjoy our stay at Equinox once or twice a year, we've found better alternatives in and near Manchester for dinner and won't dine at Marsh again.
- Fantastic dinner, You can'tskierDined on 9/7/2013Fantastic dinner, You can't miss with any entrée. Make time to watch the sunset and have cocktails at the outside fire-pit before your meal!Special Features:
- Great if you are a family.....LonebirchDined on 9/1/2013Great if you are a family with kids, but as adults we were surrounded by tables with kids and it was a bit noisy. For the prices we paid we were hoping for a quieter atmosphere. To be fair, we were there on Labor Day weekend so there were still family vacations going on.Special Features:
- 35thann35thannDined on 8/19/2013The server was very attentive, Food and drinks arrived promptly. Food was very good but side dishes were on the small side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our recent visit to the MarshOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2013Our recent visit to the Marsh Tavern was a big mistake. My husband ordered the Lobster Bake, a $34 piece of highway robbery given that there was only one llobster claw, 3 shrimp and a few clams. Add to that the heavy hand with the salt, and the dish was a disaster. The corn chowders were not much better - a better description would have been potato chowder (which tasted like bland mush). My daughter ordered the duck, which was edible, but the potato pancake that it sat on had clearly been cooked earlier in the day and simply thrown in the microwave prior to service. Our waitress and the manager of the restaurant didn't seem to grasp that there was a problem or try to fix it properly, which made for a very unpleasant evening.
- overpriced,dingy,the onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2013overpriced,dingy,the only good thing about the place is the waitstaff.With so many good restaurants around town go somewhere else.Special Features:
- ordinaryfoodieDined on 8/17/2013Nothing special about this place. Had the snapper which was way too salty. The bread box was very original and delicious. The service was friendly and courteous. I did have occasion to return and would recommend the salads and onion soup.
- We had a very nice dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/16/2013We had a very nice dinner. Would recommend the restaurant for families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy the burger!LocalBrewDined on 8/15/2013Try their cheddar burger! It is THE BEST in the area, hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marsh Tavern exceeds expectations!BelatedValentineDined on 8/15/2013My wife and two children enjoyed dinner in the Marsh Tavern on a Thursday night in August. We were not guests at the hotel simply there for a meal. The staff was attentive without being overly solicitous. The food was delicious, attractively presented, and portion sizes were appropriate. A pleasant surprise was the pretzel bites appetizer with trio of sauces. We could have made a meal just on those. My only regret was that after a shared appetizer, the corn chowder and the maple planked salmon, I left no room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dinerFitzDined on 8/4/2013My son and I had a good experience and meal. Corn chowder was yummy and Bake (seafood) while smallish but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.