The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox
3567 Main Street
Manchester Village, VT 05254Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.equinoxresort.com/
- Phone: (802) 362-4700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Pub Fare: Daily: 11:30am - closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Russell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full-Service through our extensive Banquet and Catering Department.
- Private Party Facilities: Full- service through our extensive Banquet and Catering Department. Please contact the restaurant manager's office at 802-362-7738
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Hubner 8023627738
- Entertainment: Weekends and holiday periods in the Marsh Tavern Pub.
A word from The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox
The Marsh Tavern offers New England and eclectic cuisine, with Local Vermont influences in a casual historical tavern environment. For reservations in our classic, destination steak house, the Chop House, please call our hotel concierge at (802)362-4700. Please visit our website for information on additional dining at the Equinox.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)romantic (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Marsh Tavern exceeds expectations!BelatedValentineDined on 8/15/2013My wife and two children enjoyed dinner in the Marsh Tavern on a Thursday night in August. We were not guests at the hotel simply there for a meal. The staff was attentive without being overly solicitous. The food was delicious, attractively presented, and portion sizes were appropriate. A pleasant surprise was the pretzel bites appetizer with trio of sauces. We could have made a meal just on those. My only regret was that after a shared appetizer, the corn chowder and the maple planked salmon, I left no room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dinerFitzDined on 8/4/2013My son and I had a good experience and meal. Corn chowder was yummy and Bake (seafood) while smallish but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful setting. Very nice menuDaveVIPDined on 7/30/2013This is a restaurant in a beautiful resort in central Manchester. They have a nice pub menu and a full menu. The corn chowder is excellent. Sheperd's pie was also excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was attentive.
- We were pleasantly surprisedRjdnhDined on 7/16/2013We were pleasantly surprised with our recent visit to the Marsh Tavern. We sat outside on the the front porch which overlooks historic Manchester Village. The food was excellent . The Marsh Tavern is a big step above the normal hotel restaurant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2013We had eaten at Chop's at the Equinox and decided to give the Narsh Tavern a try. Everything was wonderful. The bread trio selection was delicious. Everything came out perfect to order. Looking forward to coming back soon.Special Features:
- Historic charm and a decent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2013Charming restaurant in classic New England inn. Our table was next to an historic menu from 1879 - pretty cool reading - mutton chops! They should feature some of those items on the current menu. Great locally sourced corn chowder was a special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the high pricesDfromNewtonVIPDined on 7/3/2013We ate dinner here on the first night of our stay at The Equinox. The food was very ordinary for such high prices. The portions were surprisingly small...somehow the word Tavern makes me expect hearty portions. The staff was very nice. We had reserved weeks in advance, but somehow ended up at a table at the kitchen door. We did not eat there again the rest of our stay, although it would have been convenient.Special Features:
- Service was excellent. VeryTylerVIPDined on 6/14/2013Service was excellent. Very comfortable place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was great !! allrstrntlvrDined on 5/21/2013everything was great !! all the things I look for and expect when i'm dining outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/12/2013Excellent food & service. The salmon and pork loin were delicious. Bread basket was great. Good service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The spinach salad with parmesanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013The spinach salad with parmesan was to die for. Just the right amount of dressing. The short ribs were very tasty. The dish could have been served with more vegtables as they were delicious. Our server was attententive without being pesky. Next time I am going to try the flat iron steak!Special Features:
- Quality products that taste greatDebraLDined on 4/12/2013Enjoyed our recent early dinner at the Marsh Tavern. I opted for something from the pub menu (Cheeseburger) and my husband ordered an entree (Short ribs). Both were outstanding. So how great can a cheeseburger be? Let me tell you, a great toasted bun, quality meat, crisp and fresh lettuce and tomato...it hit the spot and was extremely filling, served with fresh made waffle fries. The short ribs were tender as can be. The iced tea was fresh brewed...what else can you ask for? If you're looking for a nice meal in a pub atmosphere, you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Outstanding service .....foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2013Outstanding service .....food was great.....outstanding chef....recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Made reservations as we wereDJfoodmissionVIPDined on 4/1/2013Made reservations as we were spending the night at the Equinox. It was a Monday night and the restaurant was quiet. My husband had a ceasar salad and the salmon and he thought they were excellent. I had the French onion soup which was good and the crab cakes. The cakes were ok the sauce that was served with them was so salty it was inedible. We shared the apple crisp for dessert and it was excellent. All in all it was a decent meal.
- This place is a nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2013This place is a nice restaurant but seems to be visited by patrons who could care less about how loud they are. It was so noisy it reversed the whole spa day I had earlier. Even the bar was quieter than this restaurant
- Great traditional VermontOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Great traditional Vermont menu with lots of options - something for everyone. Apple crisp ala mode is a must!Special Features:
- The food was very, very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013The food was very, very good. However, we were given a table within three feet of where the servers came and went, and hung out chatting between duties. When we asked for another table, the only one offered was a tiny, almost as bad table in the bar next to several tables with loud children. Why a larger group table in the Tavern itself was not separated to make several smaller set-ups was not apparent. It was not marked reserved. Long story short, we had driven 30 miles to get there, so we took the bar table. Although the food is very, very good, and the wine selection is good if a bit overpriced, we will not be in a huge rush to go back.
- While I love the Equinox hotel,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013While I love the Equinox hotel, I was disappointed in the Marsh Tavern this time around. I found the food to be average with very small portions. My son had the Duck and I had the Chicken. Both were fair. Given the prices at the Marsh Tavern the food should be better with larger portions and there should be more of a selection on the menu. The spread of breads they give you is really good, however.
- Festive funEquinoxguest1Dined on 12/26/2012A bustling, holiday environment in a busy hotel during Xmas week. Relaxing it was not, but lots of fun. Lively scene and everyone having a good time. Very festive and nice staff.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)PGK30Dined on 12/15/2012Didn't like sitting at a table in an aisle where diners walked through to go to the Chop House - ruined the ambiance. My dinner was warm not hot, and the flat iron steak was a bit tough. Breads were very nice. The Equinox itself was beautiful but drafty. Nice place to see, especially at Christmas, but probably will not revisit.
- Ambiance was great along withVjmskDined on 11/23/2012Ambiance was great along with the food. A lot of children but they were kept in check by parents, a wonderful thing. Never felt rushed. We will be back again.Special Features:
- We've eaten here many timesJillzaDined on 11/19/2012We've eaten here many times over the years and they never disappoint. Had great glass if wine at the bar before dinner.Special Features:
- We sat at the bar and hadSkibanffDined on 11/17/2012We sat at the bar and had a great meal and a really nice evening. I would go back again. Enjoyed hanging out at the bar.Special Features:
- Nice and tasty. And blissfullyd105VIPDined on 11/8/2012Nice and tasty. And blissfully quiet (unusually so -- no kids!)
- First time visiting MarshOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2012First time visiting Marsh Tavern, brought a good friend for dinner, service is awesome esp Craig our server for the evening. The food meet our high expectations.Special Features:
- We had a very enjoyable experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2012We had a very enjoyable experience. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- hostess was not very friendly,riadeeDined on 10/6/2012hostess was not very friendly, but the waitress and other servers were very polite and friendly. the soup...corn chowder and potato leek had very little taste. bread tray with different types of breads and spreads was a nice touch. pork loin was tough, short ribs were dry and served as 2 pieces....one of which was 95% fat...waitress brought a second piece out...more meat but very dry. desserts were good.
- Good Food BUT Limited MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2012We recently stayed at the Equinox for three days and dined in the Tavern three times. The service was excellent and the food was good. The menu was VERY LIMITED. For a hotel of this type, demanding top prices, they should offer more choices.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012Always a great experience at The Equinox. Great food, service, and setting. The outdoor fire pits are great for a drink before or after dinner.Special Features:
- Fine for a hotel restaurant.TNNJVIPDined on 8/31/2012Fine for a hotel restaurant. Has the air cover to be a bit inconsistent in coordination of kitchen and bar. Generally pleasant.
- Excellent food and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2012Excellent food and attentive service. Beautiful resort setting.
- Waitress was aloof and unattentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2012Waitress was aloof and unattentive. Pasta dish filled with lobster shells. They did comp that when I mentioned it. Corn chowder delicious.
- As expected, every part ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012As expected, every part of the meal, and every aspect of the service was perfect. The hostess accomodated a request that we not select the table she showed us to, as it was immediately adjacent to another table. I always feel compromised around table conversation if others cannot help but over-hear. We were shown a corner table in the adjacent Pub. This was my first meal at the Equinox, and I/we will definitely return.Special Features:
- WOnderful meal at the MarshOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012WOnderful meal at the Marsh Tavern at the Equinox to celebrate my daughter's 17th birthday! The filet mignon was OUTSTANDING!!! My husband enjoyed the swordfish although would have preferred different accents on the plate. My daughter thought her evening was delightful and our waiter Scott really was a gem. Thank you for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- Great foodparisiensVIPDined on 7/30/2012You can choose from either their Pub Fare menu or regular Dinner menu during the eveningSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner on aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/15/2012We enjoyed our dinner on a Sunday evening. We both ordered two appetizers instead of an entree and and all of them were wonderful.
- Food and service were wonderful.DzinertimzVIPDined on 7/2/2012Food and service were wonderful. Good wine list very enjoyable
- Great place for a special night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012We celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary at the Marsh Tavern on Tuesday, June 26, 2012. It was a very cool summer evening and the fireplace was lit. It was both warming and welcoming. Our waiter was friendly and attentive from the start. The food, starting with the wonderful bread box was outstanding in presentation and taste. I had the salmon and my husband had the short ribs. We hadn't planned to have dessert, but were offered any dessert "on the house". We were so happy we did. The seasonal fruit crisp was yummy! Thanks everyone!!Special Features:
- Nice spot for good food andInquisitivePatriotDined on 5/25/2012Nice spot for good food and better service. Outdoor seating during the summer is a plus.Special Features:
- Old world comfort & pace -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2012Old world comfort & pace - eclectic menu with superb imaginative ingredients, nice choice to have 6 oz. or 9 oz of wine by the glassSpecial Features: