The Marlton Tavern
65 East Main Street
Marlton, NJ 08053Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Marlton Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themarltontavern.com/
- Phone: 8569852424
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: George Lavdas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from The Marlton Tavern
Welcome to the Marlton Tavern Restaurant and Bar, where friends get together to relax and socialize. Family owned and operated, the Tavern provides an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere. Award winning menu, beers from across the world compliment our quaint cozy atmosphere. Dine by our fireplace upstairs or enjoy our great Pub downstairs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Marlton Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance2.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- poor reservations honorersRudyDined on 10/18/2014they did'nt have a reservation for us the mgr. said thay were overbooked and the best she could do was sit us at a tiny table at the noisy bar..this in spite of the fact that we had a confirmation from open table..she also stated that we should have made reservations directly with them instead of open table. Needless to say Inow have doubts about both open table and the marlton tavern..Bye Bye. R VillarrealSpecial Features:
- RudyDined on 10/15/2014All I can say is the food was great..the restaurant did not have a table for us..the mgr. stated that she was sorry but the place was overbooked..sat us at a table at the bar and stated that I should have made the reservation directly with the Marlton Tavern instead of Open Table. Needless to say I have doubts about the open Table system and the Marlton Tavern both deserve a thumbs down... R Y VillarrealSpecial Features:
- Down Hill DiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Made reservations on line that were confirmed but they didn't have them noted when we arrived - asked for a private table but were told upstairs air conditioning wasn't working too well...got stuck on the crowded porch but eventually the crowd thinned out. Food was disappointing - shrimp wrapped in bacon had frozen tasteless shrimp, salad was mediocre, use to get basket of bread with your meal but that wasn't included this time and the crab imperial was dry and had fewer pieces of chunk crabmeat. The stuffed shrimp wasn't much better and their selection of sides after your potato selection was just a mixed medley of vegetables and coleslaw no applesauce or anything else if you didn't like the two options available...won't be rushing back.
- Poor ExperiencejcalbiVIPDined on 6/27/2014This was our second time here off a Groupon deal. Food was average at best. Server spilled a full beer all over the table. On our phones and on my daughter's purse that she received as a birthday present. Manager offered us a dessert or drink. When we asked about the purse she begrudgingly agreed to pay for dry cleaning. If it didn't work we would have to take things up with the owner. Oh and both my wife and I did get pretty wet from the spill. I know the server felt bad about it but the manager was pretty disingenuous. We will not be back.
- The following 21 reviews are from the The Marlton Tavern reviews archive.
- It's OKPastaDined on 6/15/2014Felt that the food lacked taste. These kind of nondescript restaurants typically serve rather bland food to accommodate the general tastes of diners, but I like tasty food with the right combination of herbs and spices. I'm not returning.Special Features:
- Good Food but loudchefbonDined on 6/4/2014We have eaten here several times and there always seems to be an event or a catered party going on which makes for a loud evening. Upstairs can be better but still very busy. Later in the evening is best, upstairs bar is great but no draft beer. If Mary is on she'll take good care of you at the bar. Diningroom manager is also very helpful and accomodatingSpecial Features:
- Great Spot - Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/19/2014Met 4 other friends that we had not seen for a couple of years. All had plenty to select from on the lunch menu. Very good service to go with the varied selection of foods.Special Features:
- nice placepfrich1VIPDined on 5/17/2014overall a great place to dine and not be hassled by wait staff and the food was excellentSpecial Features:
- The Marlton TavernbootskDined on 5/10/2014I treated my Mom to an Early Mothers Day dinner. There were 3 generations of women present to celebrate! We had an upstairs room all to ourselves! Our waitress was very attentive and the crab cakes were delicious, as was our shrimp wrapped in bacon starter. My only complaint is there is no elevator for my Mom to use to reach the 2nd floor. The stairs were a little bit of a challenge for her. I would certainly return!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemBonApetiteDined on 4/20/2014We have lived in the area for almost 40 years and have come here frequently for special occasions. Always have excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice selection for bar foodmeatsweatVIPDined on 4/12/2014Honey wings were one of the few wings that I have had where the honey was predominant. Kudos to the kitchen. The crab and spinach did was very good. The hot roast beef sandwich was average. Only complaint was constant presence of bus person looking to clear table which resulted in broken glass on our table. While the beer and remaining portion of salad was replaced, it put a damper on our experience. Our server was apologetic, no sign of a manager. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What reservations?chefbonDined on 3/29/2014When we arrived on time for our dinner we were told our table had been given to another couple. They did have a pub table available in the very noisy bar and we said fine and were seated. We were then ignored for about 15 minutes in which time my husband got us drinks at the bar. Finally, the dining room manager realized we had not been waited on and took our order. She took care of us after that and the service was fine. Never saw a waitress, I think this was not a table where guests were normally seated for dinner. The food was very good and fresh. Probably will not return, though, since our reservations were basically ignored and we were treated like walk-ins.Special Features:
- ServiceBurger86VIPDined on 3/7/2014We arrived and were greeted quickly by a hostess . We were seated and waited 29 minutes for a server to even come to our table ! The food took an extremely long time to arrive after being ordered ! When the food did come it was very good , and potions were very large . Although the food was good , we would not go back because of the service ! Even after having to find the manager to receive service no one seemed apologetic or concerned
- Marlton TavernJennyDined on 2/15/2014We were seated on the porch and it was freezing, you could see the thermostat and it was set at 65. There was only one waitress for all the tables on the porch and she was overwhelmed. If you have to sit in the chair facing the aisle, like I did, I was banged into by the staff a number of times. My flounder had several bones in it and at the end of the meal, it took forever to get our check. I would not recommend it.
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Every mainstream and chain restaurant in the area was booked up solid. Despite being one of the busiest restaurant days here probably next Mother's Day, the Marlton Tavern was able for our reservation. There didn't seem to be some minor dysfunction when we arrived in regards to getting a table. Once The confusion was over everything's sailing from there. Our food came out extremely quick. The service was very attentive and made us feel at home. Overall, I will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner/Retirement FriendsJillDined on 1/9/2014I had the crab cake on the bed of spinach with mango and it was delicious. The house medley of veggies were a very good side. They were cooked to perfection. We requested the upstairs for our intimate friends dinner and it was quiet with a roaring fireplace on a cold winter night. The house is charming and it looks like a real neighborhood find. We will be back!Special Features:
- DisgraceLove2trynewVIPDined on 12/28/2013We were told that even though the Tavern was on open table, no one knew how to use it. They didn't have our reservation. They were so flustered. There were 5 ppl there & they didn't know how to accommodate us. Eventually they found us a seat. They ran out of their dip which is one of their most popular items at 2pm. The server apologized for everything but there were no concessions. The salad was sub par; barely any seafood and it had no taste. This place was highly recommended and it was a huge bust. We asked for a manager & were told there wasn't anyone avail. The head bartender came out to apologize. She told us that lunch was not a priority there. She said the owners would def call us that day. Never got a call. We will never go back.
- Not a good experiencelrf12Dined on 11/2/2013We've been to this restaurant before and had a great meal, service, etc. This time, they weren't aware that we'd made a reservation so we waited a while before they found us a noisy table in the bar. Service was OK not great. Food was pretty good. It wasn't the nice quiet relaxing meal we were looking for and that we'd had before. Maybe we'd try again? Maybe not.Special Features:
- We made a last minute reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2013We made a last minute reservation and were seated immediately. The service was a bit slow, but the food was excellent! The portions were more than generous and the prices were reasonable. We have been here many times before and the food is always consistently good!I would highly recommend this restaurant :)Special Features:
- Nice place to dineCathiVIPDined on 10/7/2013I enjoy the Tavern every time we go. Great food and normally always good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table ReservationskiprboyDined on 6/1/2013The restaurant did not have our reservation that was made through Open Table. They did their best though to accommodate but had to put us upstairs in the bar and our group had to sit at bar height table and chairs. Not comfortable for my 82 year old mother.Special Features:
- Date nightGraceee34Dined on 5/4/2013We went for our weekly date night. The atmosphere made my husband happy as it reminded him of his home pubs where he could watch sports and get some food. The spinach dip and calamari apps were incredible but the steak was tough and over done. The broiled seafood was dry and also overlooked. Although the stuffed flounder with crab was wonderful. We would go back for some apps and drinks but not a full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I never thought corned beefMayfairVIPDined on 3/17/2013I never thought corned beef and cabbage could be absolutely tasteless. Bread was stale Ran out of Guiness on tap on Saint Patrick's but charges the pint tap price for a 12 ounce bottle
- This place was busy and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013This place was busy and the employees didn't seem to have time for us. They did not have a record of our reservation. Once we got a table, the waitress seemed annoyed that we were there. The food was not fantastic. It was mainly just bar food dressed up to look fancier. I do not recommend it.
- No table reservedKDCTVIPDined on 12/15/2012Our Open Table reservation was not really honored. We were seated at a high-top table in the bar...there was no table reserved for us.