The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges
25 East 77th Street, The Mark Hotel
The Mark Hotel
New York, NY 10075Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themarkrestaurantnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126063030x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Late Night: Monday - Sunday: 11pm - 1am; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Pierre Schutz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private Madison Room can accommodate up to 20 guests, and is ideal for both intimate celebrations and high-level business gatherings. The full restaurant is also available for large-scale receptions and seated events of up to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Farah Abad (212)358-0688 x28
- Special Events: Whether you're hosting your next board meeting, an intimate celebration or a large gathering, the Mark provides space for events up to 150 people.
A word from The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges
Join us at The Mark Restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Jean-Georges Vongerichten brings his unbridled passion for market-fresh, simple cooking to The Mark Hotel, renovated and reopened in early 2010. The world-class menu features subtly innovative European classics blended with Jean-Georges’ signature global seasonings, and the wine collection,… showcased in a stunning copper and glass wall in the dining room, includes a range of both boutique and familiar food-friendly wines from around the world. The comfortably elegant dining room provides a warm and relaxed setting, fitting for both a neighborhood favorite and a connoisseur’s destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)special occasion (83)neighborhood gem (61)vibrant bar scene (52)romantic (51)notable wine list (46)great for lunch (42)good for groups (39)hot spot (36)great for brunch (26)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Tres manifiqueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Convenient for hotel guests and a regular spot for the upper east side crowd, Jean-George's is a find and the kind of upscale dining you seek out repeatedly because it is so consistently excellent. We dined on a Sunday night at a great table in the central dining room, surrounded by couples and families. Our salad and salmon dinner was divine, the fish roasted to perfection and simply served with sautéed spinach and creamy mashed . My mom had caramel ice cream fir dessert and we sipped a good french white. The breakfast is also superior to any hotel I've experienced -soy lattes made to order and stevia included in the sweeteners was satisfying. We ordered yogurt with fruit and poached eggs and everything was seasonal and ripe.Special Features:
- LaurenVIPDined on 9/28/2014We love everything about this restaurant. We have never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Jean Gorges insteadOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/27/2014I arrived at 7:35 for a 7:45 reservation. I was not seated till 8:30. I was seated in the bar and a close by guest was speaking so loud to his table it was hard to ignore his constant use if profanity. My server was nice and helped navigate the meal as I have to eat gluten free. The good was good, but the entire experience was one of the worst I've had in NYC.
- A safe betOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014If you are in this area, it is a safe choice. Unfortunately, nothing was wonderful. Lots of staff, but the kitchen was slow and got the order wrong. Chairs were not comfortable.
- One of my favoritesTheatreGoerDined on 9/23/2014there is nothing better than a restaurant that is always consistent - from the food to the staff, to the experience. It's always great.Special Features:
- RemiVIPDined on 9/22/2014While the restaurant ambience is quite good, the dining room was one quarter full, and we were put at a small table for two, even though there were plenty of larger tables which would have been more comfortable. This restaurant is very expensive. I had an appetizer size portion of pasta for $22, and it was lukewarm and mostly pasta, not other added ingredients. Wine prices are ridiculous, and they get six glasses to the bottle! Not a wonderful experience by any means.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveNYCdiningVIPDined on 9/21/2014Took my mother who was celebrating her 90th Birthday. She love the brioche French toast, soft scrambled eggs, bacon extra crispy and the cucumber martini. Perfection per my mother.
- Good food,bad service, very loudBkcouple14Dined on 9/20/2014Great food but took forever to get our main meal. We got there at 8:45 and didn't leave until well past 11. I want to say we waited 30 minutes at least between apps and main course. The sticky sushi was great, shrimp salad, desserts, drinks. Not very romantic as the place is so loud. They sat us right next to the bar initially with waiters butts in our faces and we asked to move which they did and our waiter was nice but the wait for food was just bad. We were starving!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/20/2014My friends and I meet in the lovely bar prior to our dinner reservation. A beautiful restaurant and wonderful menu. We had a fantastic dinner. It was a fabulous choice to celebrate my 40th!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not return to The MarkNolzeeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Despite having made reservations a month ago, we were seated in the very noisy bar. A small, cramped table began the experience. We arrived at 8:15 and did not receive our entrees until nearly 10:30. Food was just ok...a squash side dish was cold and uninspired. Waiter blamed the kitchen, and manager apologized with a glass of wine, but still a difficult experience.
- Great good, but expensiveApsaraDudeVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was delicious although the main courses were somewhat uninspiring. The wine was also outrageously overpriced with markups around 4-5 x retail and almost nothing under $100/bottle. Prix fixe menu would also be a good addition, as well as more attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper east hot spotSarabVIPDined on 9/17/2014The bar was full at 7!! Nice maître d set up a perfect table for 6 in the glass roof room. Lovely bright high ceilings, comfortable banquette for 3 on one side, chairs on the other. Very tasty cocktail, yummy ginger margarita...food was all very fresh and well prepared. My gazpacho tasted like it was just picked from the garden. Clean bright flavors, not oily. Fresh hamachi sushi perfect. All the mains perfectly prepared with care and clear tastes. Nothing fussy and weird. That's a relief. Service was very good although wait time between courses was a bit extended. For a special evening I would recommend. Staff helpful with 2 guests with food allergies. definitely pricey...Special Features:
- Enjoyed itNYNYVIPDined on 9/12/2014Nice....excellent service...food was good....would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the moneyeaterVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was okay but no better than more moderately priced restaurants. We were first seated in a banquette with a ridge in the middle of the seat against the wall, which is very uncomfortable to sit on. No one should be seated at this table. We moved ourselves one table over. The service was terrible. We waited a while for our main courses. When we finally saw them arriving, my $72 main course was delivered to the table next to us. I would not go back.
- Lunch betterLuvredwineDined on 9/10/2014First time I had dinner and have had lunch many times with clients. I like the menu a lot but service not as good at night, even though wasn't crowded when we got there. We ordered a bottle of wine and took a long time to get it -15 minutes. Otherwise food was good and support wait staff very good.Special Features:
- Absolute perfectionAlexaVIPDined on 9/8/2014The bar scene is sexy, trendy and perfect. One of the best restaurants on the upper east side. The hotel is also exquisite and the decor is top-notch. Overall an exceptional experience! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDMBCABDined on 9/4/2014Sat outside based on other recommendation. To my surprise in this small space they allowed smoking! A good bottle of white wine arrived warm and was taken away for chilling only to return upon my request each time our glasses were empty. Sever was ernest but disappeared for long periods. Food was good (not great) and over priced. Overall a very disappointing experience after high expectations based on experiences at other JG establishments. When I mentioned this to the maître d, she seemed uninterested. We won't return.
- Great dining experienceComebackDined on 9/2/2014This was my second time at The Mark with business associates, only this time we brought our spouses. We all had a great time. Excellent food and wine list, impecable service, and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealonthegoDined on 8/29/2014Service was excellent. Meal was well paced. All courses were excellentSpecial Features:
- The MarkNy262Dined on 8/29/2014A Gem in NYC! Weather permitting, The Patio is a perfect spot to enjoy a glass wine or dinner. Food, service and ambiance deserves a 5 star rating from this diner. Plan to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/26/2014The restaurant is lovely. The food was very good and very beautiful the way was presented. The lady who took care of me was WONDERFUL. The only think is the table where I was assigned was very uncomfortable and the chair too.Special Features:
- Another "Home Run" At MarkChristine39Dined on 8/21/2014My friends & I enjoyed another wonderful evening at "The Mark" - The service was EXCELLENT and the food was OUTSTANDING !! One of the restaurant's specialities is "Salmon Pizza" which is a BIG HIT !! We are already looking to spending another FINE DINING evening at your fabulous restaurant !!!!!!Special Features:
- Truly Outstanding!GlennWDined on 8/19/2014Our evening at the Mark was one to remember! Beautiful people and beautifully presented cuisine in a richly elegant atmosphere was wonderful all around. Grilled Octopus and Crispy Sushi appetizers were as good as they looked, and the Veal Milanese was great as well. Service was attentive without being overbearing. Our waiter recommended an excellent wine which I appreciated. Pretty expensive but worth it. I highly recommend and look forward to returning one day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite go-to place for brunchi82muchDined on 8/17/2014As a creature of habit, The Mark Restaurant is a favorite go-to place for a special brunch. Always consistent, and a pleasant experience. We always start with the cold lobster tails and sushi. The sushi includes a nice mix of flavors and color, all resting on delicately toasted bread-- a nice alternative to the standard rice base. A personal favorite entrée is the Croque-Monsieur (listed as 'Croque M' on the menu). In my opinion, it's one of the best items on the menu. The perfectly toasted bread base makes a delicious vessel to hold the béchamel, add to that, the ham, Gruyère, Herbes de Provance, and topped with a quail egg-- all balance perfectly, and stand out individually. Quite a challenge for such a rich sauce. Brilliant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriend Birthday celebrationGuyanesediningDined on 8/15/2014Thanks to the staff and management at this upscale establishment for assisting me in making my girlfriend a very happy birthday camper. From the exquisite service to spelling her name correctly on the plate made her night very special and made me a brighter star in her eyes. I'll be back (Arnold Schwarzenegger voice)👏Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing specialjupiter10Dined on 8/14/2014They gave us the worst table. Why ? Is it because I was a guest of the hotel, or because I had reserved 3 weeks in advance, or because we are foringers ? For the rest, its just a banal place with no soul.Special Features:
- E2013VIPDined on 8/14/2014Dinner here was fabulous. I thoroughly enjoyed the crispy sushi, the shrimp salad, and the beef tenderloin. The sushi was fresh and interesting. The shrimp salad was sophisticated and very large and filling. The beef tenderloin was the best steak I have ever had in my life, no kidding. Just delicious, homey food without too much fuss. The waitstaff was attentive without being overbearing. The ambiance here is quite high end. A great place for a special occasion or business dinner.Special Features:
- memorable lunchluv2eatDined on 8/14/2014We had a great lunch. The food was prepared and cooked perfectly. The service was excellent, which made the whole experience satisfying. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were underdressedBillVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I made a reservation. We walked all over the city then stopped in for dinner. Perhaps we should have changed, it's not a coat/tie place, but it is nice. Bar outside of resturant was very fun. The one inside was more reserved. the service was great . Food was excellent. It is a must go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tuesday Night TreatFatmanDined on 8/5/2014Elegantly appointed and staffed with genuinely cordial people, the Mark is a special place. Our food was perfectly prepared and delicious. The service was rapid but not rushed. We'll be back.Special Features:
- happycamperDined on 8/4/2014We are frequent diners at the Mark even though we live across town. we go back because it is so good It has a neigborhoody feel even though it is a first class restaurant that would succeed in midtown. Excellent food, service and ambienceSpecial Features:
- Great as UsualFFABDined on 8/2/2014We are never disappointed here. Had the sea bass( substituted for the snapper) over braised fennel. WOW! I could eat that every day. Real nice Kale salad. Entrees in the $30's-40's. This place is really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2014Food and service were great. Sommelier very helpful.Special Features:
- tries too hardomh66Dined on 7/24/2014One is asked too often whether everything is alright. If it is not, I will let you know. As a rule, I think it a terrible interruption of a meal. NoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PamelaDined on 7/23/2014Dining at The Mark Restaurant was a lovely experience. The service was wonderful, and the food simply delicious. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- FantasticLoveNYCdiningVIPDined on 7/20/2014The Brioche French Toast with roasted peaches was out of this world. Other very notable dishes were the Russ and Daughters Smoked Salmon pizza, Eggs Benedict with Ham, and the soft scrambled eggs. The cucumber martini's were also extremely good. Enjoyed by All. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Delicious dinner, wine was exceptional, plenty of space at the table......not overly crowded and at 9pm it was quiet enough to be able to talk to each other. I love the food and dining experience here, however for a romantic Saturday night date I'll probably pick a different table next time not in the main dining room.....Special Features:
- Dinner with DaughtersLouisvilleDined on 7/19/2014One wish I had while visiting New York with my teenage daughters was to expose them to fine dining experiences. After a day at the Guggenheim taking in all of the fantastic art we also had lunch there. Which was topped off with gelato in Central Park. After a walk on Fifth Avenue they asked about dinner. Last minute I reserved a table at the Mark Jean-George's. When we arrived we were welcomed with open arms. Dinner was a work of eatable art & the service was endearing. My daughters ordered Caesar salad which was fresh & crisp, pasta with sumptuous meatballs. I ordered beef carpaccio with delectable regianno shavings that landed on my palate to be quickly met by an effervescent parade of Proseco. It was a marvelous experience. MerciSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenomnomVIPDined on 7/18/2014went on a date here and it was very nice. perfect for a nice dinner with someone special or even a big group to celebrate Great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014Disappointing did not live up to name, but convenient & easySpecial Features: