The Mark - Hotel Grand Pacific
463 Belleville St
Victoria, BC V8V 1X3Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Mark - Hotel Grand Pacific
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hotelgrandpacific.com/
- Phone: 2503804487
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday:5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Rick Choy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Mark is available for private bookings. Please contact us and we will be happy to help you plan your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Pott 2503804478
- Special Events: The Mark is home to a series of winemakers dinners throughout the year. Please visit our website for the most current information on http://www.hotelgrandpacific.com/
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available from the front driveway of the hotel. Underground hotel parking is located off the Quebec Street entrance of The Hotel, and there is elevator access to the dining room level. The parking charge is reimbursed when the bottom of the parking pass is brought to the dining room and presented before payment for dinner. Street parking is also available.
A word from The Mark - Hotel Grand Pacific
The Mark is a cozy, intimate room, where the discriminating diner can experience culinary excellence with west coast flair. Our Chef searches for the best local products including Vancouver Island seafood, produce and Cowichan Valley poultry for which the Island is famous. The Mark provides personalized service and offers a carefully chosen selection of B.C., Californian and imported wines. The Mark has received a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for each 5 years and a Silver Glass Award from the Vancouver Playhouse International Wine Festival. Designed with excellence in mind and seating only 26 people, The Mark offers privacy and personalized service. An intimate table for two or a dinner for four is The Mark's specialty. The Chefs create an exciting culinary indulgence with some of the finest dishes in Victoria, made with only the very best local products. Frequently changing menus together with wine pairings assure you of an inspired and innovative experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Mark - Hotel Grand Pacific reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent Food, Service, AmbienceMrRookDined on 2/8/2014This is the best fine-dining restaurant in Victoria, in my opinion. My wife and I frequent The Mark every anniversary that we can. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- new year's eve dinnerbarbaraDined on 12/31/2013the menu was small and the portions were even smaller for $65.00 per person.
- No open tablesKalaPointerDined on 12/23/2013Although we made a reservation for the Mark at the Grand Pacific Hotel for Christmas eve, when we arrived on time they were full up and didn't have our reservation. They didn't appear to even know about Open Table. They placed us at a table in the adjacent restaurant (Pacific Room) in a busy traffic area, service was mediocre, then they screwed up the check and charged us $50 too much (wrong dining check). They didn't notice the error, but fixed it when I returned to complain. On the plus side, Anna the hospitality manager called to apologize and make the dinner bill more palatable.
- Top DrawermrblackDined on 12/13/2013I discovered this restaurant last year when I and a special female friend visited the Teddy Bear Wear show. I have been a couple of times since and it has not disappointed. A great ambience and excellent high quality food that is not easy to order in other dining places. Especially great for a quiet and romantic dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013My daughter and I had a wonderful time at the restaurant. Our waiter had excellent timing and new the menu. Plus he also new the cocktail menu, amazing. This restaurant views the client as the one paying the bill not the other way around thus it makes a big difference to the gratuity part of the bill. I enjoy giving a tip but only when I have received good service and food otherwise forget it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner letdownDamselfly88Dined on 11/12/2013My husband & I planned a trip to Victoria for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had reservation for dinner in the hotel's "premier" restaurant. The service was extremely slow, although as far as we could see there was only one other table occupied. The 4 ladies at that table seemed to be having a good time & were being waited on by a woman. Our male wait person was pleasant but not sufficiently attentive to our liking due to the special occasion. Perhaps he was also occupied in the main dining room -- we just don't know. When we ordered wine prior to the meal, it took a long time, and my husband threatened to get up and leave. I persuaded him to stay. Overall, it was a disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Great Experience!TeddDined on 10/4/2013My wife & I enjoyed our anniversary dinner here last week. We've never eaten here and our first time was a resounding success! The restaurant is just blocks away from where we stayed, so the short walk in the nice neighborhood was very nice. I left a note on Open Table that this was an anniversary dinner, so when we arrived we were greeted with "Happy Anniversary!" This was a nice touch, as was the classy way our overcoats were taken before we were seated. We were given a very quiet table at the back of the restaurant and made to feel that we were the only couple there. The waiter was knowledgeable without being snobby, thoughtful, courteous and attentive. The 4 course meal was phenomenal & timely! We WILL return for another meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestBernieCDined on 9/28/2013I have dined on 5 continents and at some of the top restaurants in the world. The Mark is without a doubt among the top. At a special celebration we enjoyed a creative and extraordinary menu, very attentive service and a price which we found very reasonable for the experience. Keep up the good work The Mark and thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic RomanceCaterinaDined on 9/17/2013If you are a classic romantic the moment you step behind the curtained door you are transported to that romantic place of your dreams. Candlelit tables, cushy ambiance and shimmering glass. Complete with that chandelier, you can never forget a chandelier. Once led to the table your experience begins. Choose either from the three course or four course tasting menu. Albeit I had five but I digress. The Rose wine was lovely. Each dish was imacculately designed with care and I just had to take a picture before trying the edible work of art. The fragrance of each dish also were prime star players in the very flavorful dishes. It was well worth it to step into that world of class and elegance and feel right at home. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food with slowest servicePeterDined on 9/14/2013Really great kitchen, but slowest service I have ever seen in a restaurant of this class. But finally the quality of food is worth to whait....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the Mark!lovemtDined on 7/18/2013We had reservations inside the Grand Pacific for the Mark. It was a quiet evening and we had the room to ourselves. Service was super. Our only disappointment was the slowness of the food delivery. But otherwise, it was great. Our server, Martin took great care of us. We would highly recommend this venue if you are in Victoria and want to entertain. The table for 8 was set in a square which made it very easy to have multiple conversations at same time.Special Features:
- On the Mark!ManorlyDined on 6/23/2013Surprised and delighted the senior couple (85+) who thought one course would suffice their small-ish appetites. However, the portions were right-sized and the food deliciously presented. So it was a three course night for all around the table, with patient and attentive table service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerthe2ofusDined on 6/9/2013This is a very quiet, limited seating restaurant. We tried the four course dinner with soup/salad, appetizer, main course and desert. We especially appreciated the seafood appetizers and main of scallops and lobster respectively. Our waiter was very professional and timed the four courses very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef and MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/25/20133 & 4 course pricing saves some money in this expensive restaurant. The combination of tuna, scallop and lobster dishes was a delicious and decadent seafood feast. We had 3 savoury courses and had no room for dessert. Each dish had a sauce and a creative combination of flavours and textures. The wine selection by the bottle was extensive. Wine by the half litre is also available. Service was friendly and attentive. The room is dark wood panelled and close. The restaurant deserves more attention because of the top quality food and presentation. Not for the budget conscious.Special Features:
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2013We went to this restaurant based on a friend's recommendation from a few years ago. We seemed to be one of two couples in the dining-room and we were told the kitchen was busy with another group sitting in one of the other restaurants, so we would have to be patient. The menu is quite expensive, but the delivery was very disappointing. I asked for my tenderloin to be medium, but it was overcooked and did not even resemble tenderloin. However, we had spent so much time waiting, we decided to eat our meals so we could continue on with our evening.
- A wonderful ExperienceFinedinnigdudeDined on 3/22/2013My wife and I always enjoy our stay at the Hotel Grand pacific. We also enjoy the MARK dining experience Thanks for accomodating our needs and we will return always Euclid SeeramSpecial Features:
- As requested we were seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2012As requested we were seated in the 'private' room. Our waiter, Martin, quietly and efficiently, made our dining experience exceptional. Our special requests were gracefully accepted and acted upon. The menu had interesting choices not seldom seen--it made our selection more difficult so we shared 'tastes' and delighted in each one.Special Features:
- Excellent food, not just showy,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2012Excellent food, not just showy, but with wonderful tastes. Suggested wine glasses were quite remarkable. Quiet and classy, like dining in your own private club.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012We really enjoyed our dinner at The Mark. Our server was very attentive and personable and his timing was perfect. The food presentation was beautiful with great attention to visual detail. The flavour of the food, however, was somewhat bland and could have been hotter. Overall it was a good experience.Special Features:
- !5th Anniversary done the right wayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012Third time coming here and as usual, pleased again. Timothy was our waiter as he was before and as usual his professionalism and knowledge met and exceeded our expectations. My Wife and I celebrated our 15th Anniversary here because of our past experiences. He also remembered I am not a seafood eater at all so he and the Chef were able to accommodate my mouche bouche while my Wife enjoyed her stuffed calamari. Again, well done again to Timothy, the Chef and all other staff for making our special event memorable. We will be back again.Special Features:
- For special occasions. Timothy,AnnickVIPDined on 9/6/2012For special occasions. Timothy, our waiter, was outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent food, hilariousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2012Excellent food, hilarious waiter (not intentional), and a nice quite ambiance.Special Features:
- Very short menu, I like shortOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2012Very short menu, I like short menues but this one is probably too short.Special Features:
- Every dish was superb. TheDipsea99VIPDined on 7/23/2012Every dish was superb. The duck was delicious and the veal strip loin was tasty. The cheesecake dessert was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food. Service was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012Great food. Service was good and room was quiet. Excellent place for fine dining in Victoria.Special Features:
- One of the best dining experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012One of the best dining experiences we have had in a long long time. The room, the food the service - it was all impeccable and so enjoyable. What a wonderful treat for our 32nd anniversary.Special Features:
- Lonely dining in VictoriaLauraFVIPDined on 1/27/2012We were the only table that evening, so it seemed a little lonely, especially as the room is separate from the main hotel scene. There are no windows to look out at the Victoria views from that room.The menu seemed limited - 4 appetizers, all seafood, and 4 entrees. No salads. The main courses that we ordered were good, but generally heavy.Special Features:
- Disappointing main courseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2012While the service and ambiance were excellent, the main course left something to be desired. My wife's rack of lamb was very chewy and with my entree, the Elk steaklets were also chewy. I would have expected better for the price I paid. The appetizer, Caesar salad and their serving of a cake I brought in for desert was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2011Obviously part of the hotel's larger restaurant/lounge complex. Food was bland. The whole restaurant was empty and the other table was seated right next to us. A real disappointment. The music was "Cool Jazz" radio which was jazzy christmas carols. Christmas is over and so is jazz.
- Food was good, good wine selection,AndrewDined on 12/26/2011Food was good, good wine selection, service was artificial and felt disrespeted on leaving.
- We had a wonderful 42nd AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2011We had a wonderful 42nd Anniversary dinner at The Mark and Timothy was a superb waiter. Thank You!Special Features:
- Unique palette well presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2011Unique palette well presented and delicious. Intimate, luxurious ambience. I wouldn't take kids there, it's a romantic setting, with food too exquisite for their little taste buds!Special Features:
- The Mark Sets the Standard.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2011One of Victoria's hidden gems! The Mark Dining room sets the standard that others should strive to be. Fabulous food in a quiet, romantic setting. The most professional service in Victoria; discreet yet very personable and attentive. Everything here is top drawer. Easily the favorite for "date night"!Special Features:
- The Mark once again hit it for us!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/20112nd time out of my element food wise and 2nd time success. Timothy, as modest as he is, was fantastic. This was our 2nd dining experience with Timothy as our waiter and once again, just as great and attentive as the first time we went. My elk was perfection and very happy I took Timothy's advice on how the chef should prepare it. Will be back again for sure in the future. Food and atmosphere is exactly as it should be for this dining night out.
- Intimate and quiet diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011Intimate and quiet dining with a simple elegance. The service was very good. The menu is short but satisfactory. The starter was a quail breast with marrow, an interesting combination with promise. However, I found the dish over worked and cooked, leaving the quail breast as well as the marrow slightly dry. As directed the marrow was intended as a sauce for the quail. However the consistency did not facilatate the intent. The elk was very good, but the accompaning ravioli came cold and had to be returned. A replacement dish was welcomed and promptly served. It was fresh and very good. However, the timing was off. Our wine glasses were refreshed for the inconveniece. Overall, I found the dining experience less than satisfactory
- The whole experience was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2011The whole experience was very nice and they offered us a glass of sparkling wine when we told them it was our first wedding anniversary. Martin, is an asset for this restaurant.Special Features:
- The perfect place for a romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2011The perfect place for a romantic date night. The service was exceptional from beginning to end, we felt very comfortable and welcome. The bread/butter offerings were delicious, and the meal included a complimentary mini-appetizer. The wine list had an extensive list of wines, both red and white in a variety of price ranges; we thought that the prices were very reasonable. The menu is not overwhelming, in terms of choices, but it was still difficult to decide based on the fact that everything sounded amazing. Both my wife and I had seafood entrees and they were spectacular, the poached halibut was particularly tasty. I would recommend The Mark to anyone looking for a classy, delicious, romantic restaurant in Victoria.Special Features:
- Grest tasting food , wellOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2011Grest tasting food , well prepared and presented by a good waiter. However, price to value(food, ambience, service) not there. Our basis of comparison are the various restaurants we have eaten at around the world. Could improve reputaion by lowering your prices so that clients can definitely see the valueSpecial Features:
- We were a lit bit worriedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2011We were a lit bit worried that the duck we order would not be good, we've tried it in other places and were disappointed. We were totally surprised the duck melted in our mouth, had a lot of flavor and was so tender, definitely the best. Service was outstanding I would recommend the restaurant to anyone who wants to have a nice quite romantic dinner.Special Features:
- food was good service waswineguyVIPDined on 2/8/2011food was good service was excellent with susan as always, ( as wine was not availbe for our second bottle(supposed to be award winning wine list)disapponted in way it was handled as next wine in catagorie was more than 40.00 more than our choice( which we did indeed order 2 more)Special Features: