The Mark Dine & Tap
1234 Eddy Street
South Bend, IN 46617Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Mark Dine & Tap
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://themarkdineandtap.com/
- Phone: 5742042767
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:00am -10:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am -10:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Steve Nebus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our specialty catering menu features many fresh, made from scratch items that are available for full service catering both on and off site. Lunch and dinner menus are available for your event, or we can customize a menu unique to your occasion. We have many Vegetarian and Gluten Free options available as well.
Please contact Nancy Nacci at email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Our semi-private dining room seats parties of up to 35. We also host large parties in other areas of the restaurant upon request. Special menus are created for each event and we have a pastry chef to create specialty desserts for your occasion.
Food and beverage minimums apply. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Nacci 5743864039
A word from The Mark Dine & Tap
Gourmet Gastro Pub. Fresh quality made from scratch food specializing in comfort foods with a gourmet twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Mark Dine & Tap - Best Restaurants in South Bend ›
The Mark Dine & Tap reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (21)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (12)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (6)romantic (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent FindHappy4lifeDined on 10/12/2014This was our first time dining at the Mark. We took our friends visiting from the east coast and they loved it as much as we did. The food was excellent and prepared and presented beautifully. Great experience ... we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceMikeGDined on 10/12/2014Second Sunday in a row for breakfast. Seated on time. Service excellent. Food very good. We'll be back again soon. Recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014The menu was limited and a bit pricey. After we placed our order it took an inordinate amount of time to get the food. The worst thing was the food was all cold to lukewarm when served. It was so late and we were so hungry that we ate it nevertheless. When the manager came over on a routine "how was it" visit we told him. While apologetic, the theme of his response was "well you ate it all". He then proceeded to try to sell us dessert. He missed the point. When you go to a dining venue you want your experience to be 10 stars, not "it wasn't so good but we had to eat it because we had waited so long we were staving". There have to be better places in the area.
- another great experience!KateDined on 10/11/2014Our server, Tiphani was upbeat, polite and efficient. The entire team from the manager, Jessica to Tiphani and the back service staff did a wonderful job of taking care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ND/Carolina October 11,2014JRAWDined on 10/11/2014Learned my lesson two years ago when we didn't have a reservation. Made one this year two months ago and it paid huge dividends. While others were being told it would be a two hour wait, we were seated immediately at our reservation time. Everything was super...with one exception. They really should do something with the walls and/or ceiling to mute the noise. It was about as loud as any place in which I've ever dined. But, we were hungry and the fare was great. Despite the loudness, I highly recommend, as the say, The Mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively but LoudMy3andMeVIPDined on 10/11/2014Perfect location after an Irish football game so understandably loud and crowded but good food and always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat PerformanceGerry77VIPDined on 10/11/2014Back-to-back Saturday dinners after football games and once again an excellent experience. Our reservation was honored immediately,the service was efficient and the food was great. Have dined here several times over the past two years and definitely will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Great food -- too noisy!WalrusAuburnDined on 10/10/2014Service and food were good at the end of a football weekend night. The ceiling is metal, and the floor is concrete. Noise level was terrible! They need hanging green plants, fabric folds, or something to cut the noise.
- Great location ....anonymousDined on 10/10/2014The convenience and location can't be beat. On busy football weekends stick to the basics, as specials are not so special. Burgers are good. Servers are nice and attentive with helpful suggestions. Food was served hot despite hugh crowds. Nice, but exceedingly noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service, Average FoodDisappointedDined on 10/10/2014We went on a football Friday with a large group. Food was average. Appeared to have sat for quite awhile before coming to the table. Service was really, really slow. Rather than being gracious and apologetic the waitress was aggressive and confrontational. We will not go back.
- Mark 523mikeSDined on 10/10/2014Friendly place, excellent service, food range from casual to some decent entrees. Reasonably priced. Good place to go with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Engaging Dining Experience!CheersDined on 10/5/2014We had reserved a table for 8, noting that our party would include a wheelchair & a baby, & that we would be celebrating an engagement on the nearby Notre Dame campus. Well, our daughter said YES, & the Mark staff was ready & waiting for us, with a generous table for 12 & a highchair. Unbeknownst to us, a friend had ordered champagne, & the owner came out with flutes as soon as we were settled, ceremoniously opened the bottle & poured, getting our celebration off to a beautiful, bubbly start. Delicious appetizers arrived right away, & the staff discretely kept glasses & cups filled, & extra dishes removed as they swept in with our meals, which were A+ for both taste & presentation. We even needed the extra chairs for unexpected friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddy Street's BestMikeGDined on 10/5/2014We had a great brunch on Sunday morning. We were seated quickly, service was excellent and food was great. Caution: The bloody marys are good --- but VERY spicy :). Highly recommend for a meal at anytime of the day.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceGerry77VIPDined on 10/4/2014Our 7:30 reservation was immediately honored despite the post-football game crowd. The service was quick and efficient,the food was great and reasonably priced. The menu choices are somewhat limited (no doubt helping kitchen efficiency) but every item we've had in several visits we have enjoyed. The noise level was high as would be expected from a crowd celebrating a big win. I've enjoyed The Mark every time I've dined there and plan on returning every time I'm in South Bend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service on gamdays.SFGI2016Dined on 10/3/2014First off, I normally enjoy this restaurant however I would try to avoid it on home football game weekends. Making a reservation helps but the mismanagement of the floor left us waiting for some time before we were seated (group of 6+). Our waiter did a great job and I attribute our two hour wait for food after our order was submitted on the kitchen staff. I would like to say they lost our ticket but we observed another table with six people get up and leave after about an hour of waiting for their food. When the food finally came, every order had a mistake and was cold. Avoid if at all possible during peak times (which is exactly when I would have expected them to bring their "A game."Special Features:
- Do Not Like the New MenuSkippyvilleDined on 9/22/2014I have dined at The Mark many times over the years. Within the past year they have introduced a new, much simplified menu. This new menu I do not like--at all. By chance, I happened to dine at The Mark twice in the past week, and the first meal (a lunch) was mediocre, and the second (a dinner) was quite poor. This used to be one of my favorite restaurants but, sadly, I am done dining here.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I went there on a football weekend. I was afraid they would overbook and we would be waiting. Not at all. Reservation was met on time with no waiting. Food service and menu were excellent.Special Features:
- Need a new managerIRISHANGELDined on 9/6/2014If it weren't for the fact we've eaten here multiple times before and enjoyed it we would never come back after this experience. First of all I was in a meeting before the Michigan game and they would not seat our party of 8 until I arrived meaning I misse d the last of the meeting. Then the manager told us we would have to leave in 45 min because there was another reservation. Then we were told that we could not have dinner because there wasn't enough time. If not for a very service oriented waiter interceding our dinner would have been a disaster. GET A NEW MANAGER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Football Game OptionNG1981Dined on 9/6/2014Was there before a football game. I understand that it was busy, but it took over 2 hours for lunch and service was very poor. The waiter seemed to be drifting in and out of paying attention to the table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/5/2014We were a little late and they're gave our table away. We sat at yhe bar and ate while lots of other tables were empty. I was miffed to say the least. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedUnhappyDined on 9/4/2014The menu was VERY reduced. 2 adults and 2 teenagers with no alcohol $95 plus tip. 3 burgers, one small plate and 2 appetizers. Ridiculous. Won't go back.
- MAJOR Changes for the WorstDomerDined on 8/30/2014We've been going to the Mark after ND football games for years. Always crowded and the food was varied and reasonably priced. On our last visit on August 30 we saw that the menu has shrunk ("limited menu for game days") and prices skyrocketed! Variety has diminished as has the service. Over 45 minutes in a less busy than usual atmosphere to get dinner for 4: two of the same dinner salads, a chicken sandwich, and two appetizers as an entree. The manager's excuse was they were busy. He never apologized and tried to mollify us with a desert (one desert for 4 people!) or a beer. I have three pending reservations; cancelling all three. Now some entrees cost more than $35, it will be a long time before we go back, in spite of the convenience.
- Notre Dame Kick OffcarderogDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is my favorite just down from the stadium. The drinks were creative and satisfying. Never thought soft pretzels would be an appetizer, but they were and tasted great. The steaks, burger and veggie wrap were all cooked to perfection. Since we were stuffed we took dessert to go. Our waitress took our order without needing to write it down and repeated all special requests and additions without missing a beat. We decided to drink in the patio while waiting for our table. We got seated inside and asked to move back outside because it was too noisy to have a conversation. That was the only rough part. I enjoy it when the owner comes to visit with guests for a bit, making sure all is good. You will enjoy it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous story fry!!!IrishTexansDined on 8/29/2014A great lunch on Friday of football weekend. Started with excellent Caesar salad, cold and crisp. Followed with best stir fry (we all got chicken) we all agreed we ever had. Cocconut curry comes in mild-moderate-hot and is perfect - even hot enough for 3 jalapeño lovers from Texas. Service could not have been better. Only possible down-side, although okay for football crowd, is noise level, so would not recommend for meals involving business discussions or for folks with hearing problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeNeighborDined on 8/29/2014The location, staff, ambience are all great and last time I ate there the food was pretty good. But my choice this time of Monte Cristo was very disappointing. Heavy bready and I've had that kind of sandwich before. The raspberry sauce with it was excellent and the "innards" of the sandwich very good but the bread and breading was tasteless and heavy. My companion enjoyed her meal greatly, she had some kind of noodle thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great Dining SpotNDParentDined on 8/23/2014My family and I almost always find ourselves dining at "The Mark" on our visits to South Bend. The atmosphere is lively, the menu is diverse, with choices from yummy burgers (best with sweet potato fries) to delicious grilled seafood and and "Mark" chicken, one do my favorites. Don't forget to order some pretzel rolls, served with tasty dipping sauces. The service is consistently friendly and professional. The close proximity to Notre Dame make it the perfect "meet up" spot for football weekend dining, or when hosting a night out for our Notre Dame children and their friends. Make sure to reserve early for graduation, football weekends, or other special occasions.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinnerLaneGreenDined on 8/4/2014This was a great find. We enjoyed ourselves very much, from the waiter informing that the Cabernet I had picked out was donating profits to Cardiovascular research (Ehler's Estate) to accomodating my husband's dining needs (low sodium). Location was fabulous and the german chocolate cake for dessert was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014Very good meal! Everyone found something on the menu! The food tasted homemade from the salad dressing to the amazing cakes for dessert! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale in all aspectsKSCalifDined on 6/23/2014Fun urban setting. creative and sophisticated menu. Fresh and great tasting food!Special Features:
- The following 132 reviews are from the The Mark Dine & Tap reviews archive.
- Second VisitGuestDined on 6/13/2014This was my second visit to The Mark and it was just as good as the first. I have been in the evening for dinner/drinks and for lunch. The food is good and caters to wide array of dietary styles including GF and V. They are a mid-high range price point for their food, but they use quality ingredients and it is reflected in the final product. The waitstaff is excellent. They are knowledgable about their entire menu, bar list as well, and are friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anyone but TinaPartyof12Dined on 6/10/2014As the title says, if you go to The Mark and Tina is your server, ask to be seated in another area. She took forever to get drink orders and since we complained several times he attitude after that was horrible. Food was great, Tina, not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 6/4/2014My experience for lunch has been outstanding at The Mark Dine & Tap. My husband is handicapped and he was very comfortable there and the staff was very accommodating. I have not yet had the opportunity to have dinner there but look forward to when I do. I like the fact that you can have samples of the beer before purchasing a glass and the wait staff on each of my visits have been very professional and friendly. It is a little pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College Reunion gatheringRozelDined on 5/31/2014We all enjoyed The Mark Dine and Tap very much! Our server was patient and helpful. Overall we really enjoyed the food!Special Features:
- Great placekmklebDined on 5/22/2014This was a great place to eat and a wonderful experience. The service was outstanding and the food was wonderful. The menu is diverse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentHappyEaterDined on 5/16/2014Dinner here was good, but overpriced. I was not expecting the limited menu they had for graduation weekend so it was even more expensive than usual. The food was fine and the service was good though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- InthezipDined on 5/12/2014The room was so loud that we had to shout across the table to each other. Too bad, because the food and service were very fine, but the noise level canceled out the pleasure of the dining.Special Features:
- SloanDined on 5/11/2014Very good food. The service is always good. Great location. Very convient when visiting Notre Dame campus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placetjoinesDined on 5/11/2014The Mark has unique food that ia always prepared well with fresh ingredients. They are great with special requests. Staff is friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Great option for Sunday BrunchChicagoAnnDined on 5/11/2014The Mark and Uptown Kitchen (both part of the Uptown Dining Group) really stand head and shoulders above any other restaurant in the area when it comes to menu and quality. The freshness and quality of the ingredients are obvious in every dish I've tried. Plenty of options for vegetarians and "clean" eaters, as well as more traditional items, which are just incomparably better than anything you can get at the nearby "chain" restaurants. The prices are very reasonable, especially considering they don't have much competition. They have a great brunch menu on Sundays, and offer sidewalk seating. I will return!Special Features:
- Great breakfast!jpsouthbendDined on 5/11/2014Been here for dinner several times but had the chance to go for breakfast on Mother's Day. Had very good choices - not just the typical eggs and bacon. This place can be noisy so conversation with a group can be a challenge - request a booth if you can. Look forward to going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.