5834 High Point Rd
Greensboro, NC 27407Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.themarisol.com/
- Phone: 3368523303
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:45pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, International
- Executive Chef: Tim Thompson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We feature Mike Evans on the piano Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from The Marisol
"Marisol" has become a landmark on the map of fine dining in North Carolina. We specialize in using the freshest seasonal foods prepared in creative ways. During our 15 years, we have garnered the respect of a faithful clientele as well as high marks from Triad critics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Marisol - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
The Marisol reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)fit for foodies (19)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (9)notable wine list (9)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best restaurant in Greensboro!Love2EatDined on 8/23/2014Marisol never disappoints. We have been coming here for over 10 years and it's always outstanding. Scott and Heather bring service to a new level of excellence and Trina is the best bartender around. Last year we brought some friends from Cleveland here and they loved it. When they came into town last week they specifically asked that we go to Marisol again for dinner. The only downside is that its very pricey. Plan on about $100 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb cuisine in an odd locationNYCtravVIPDined on 8/21/2014Despite the road construction and odd location, the meal was truly outstanding! Friendly and accomodating service and a true desire to provide a great experience. I'll be back the next time I'm in Greensboro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable quisine and serviceRosebudDined on 7/22/2014Even though the furniture and decor is outdated, the exquisite food and attentive service makes up for it. And even though most of us don't eat bread anymore, do not skip the sour dough bread. It's worth the carbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarisolJimmyDined on 7/12/2014While the food was quite good the setting is mediocre to poor. Too loud, too cramped and somewhat dated.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I drive from Pennsylvania just to eat here, it is the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional foodDrJohn1943Dined on 7/11/2014My food was expertly prepared, nicely served, and most enjoyable. The rack of lamb I had was the very best I've ever had and I just got back from New Zealand where that's all they eat. The meat was ordered and came medium rare; could be cut with a fork and was served with a balsamic reduction sauce that was far better that a mint jelly-syled condiment. Everything was thoroughly enjoyable. The restaurant was small and intimate, quiet and just perfect for a dinner for two. It is on the pricery side, but worth it. I'll go back again.Special Features:
- bjosDined on 6/17/2014We were in Greensboro for a business meeting and happened upon Marisol through Opentable.com. The entire experience was fabulous. The food was incredible and the service provided by Heather was second to none. We also enjoyed a bottle of very nice red wine with our meal. Totally gourmet, fresh, not the least bit stuffy or intimidating. A really perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Not even close - Best in TriadPCHFamilyDined on 5/24/2014Returning to Marisol for our anniversary had me a little nervous thinking there was no way they could live up to our expectations after our last experience. However, it was even better! I would have never guessed that I would have one of the best, if not THE best, meals of my life in Greensboro, NC. My wife and I will be back again and again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellenceMario2BDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I dine at Marisol each year on our anniversary, as it is our favorite restaurant in the Piedmont Triad. The service is always spectacular and Scott usually takes care of us, and is one of the most accomplished waiters we have ever experienced. Friendly, helpful and unobtrusive. A true gentleman. And he knows his wine. The food at Marisol is always perfectly seasoned, perfectly prepared, and creative. The sauces for each dish, whether seafood or meat, are always wonderful. Dessert never disappoints, it is always a nice compliment to the meal. We have been there for at least the last 5 years, probably longer, and it will remain our special occasion dining choice. Always 5 stars at the Marisol.Special Features:
- Best in the TriadPGtheRealtorDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed a fabulous evening at Marisol recently with two other couples. The food was absolutely wonderful and the service was first rate. Could not have had a finer meal at any price. My guests were very impressed and say they will definitely return with their other friends. Only problem is trying to get a taxi back from Marisol late night but well worth the hassle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lived up to it's reputationxcjohnnyDined on 5/7/2014I have heard this was a great restaurant, and I was not disappointed. The swordfish and striped bass were very fresh and perfectly prepared. The crab soup was perfection. Can't wait to check out the piano bar (and another bowl of soup).Special Features:
- The following 63 reviews are from the The Marisol reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/3/2014Pleasantly surprised by this wonderful place. Food was top notch, among the best in this area. I've been fortunate enough to dine in great restaurants in major cities in New York, DC, California and Florida over many years. The Marisol ranks right up there. Expensive, especially for this area, but you do get what you pay for. Don't let the small strip mall location scare you off. Highly recommended and will be my new first choice for special occasion dinners.Special Features:
- THE GREATESTOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014had to cancel the reservation & didn't go but I've been there 3or 4 times & it is my favorite restuarant anywhere! I will rate it anyway!!! Heather is the most professional, most pleasant---best server I have EVER had!!!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceRobinTomVIPDined on 3/18/2014A group of 4 of us dined here and enjoyed every single minute of our experience. The bread is the best I have ever had. The gnocchi appetizer was fresh and surprisingly light. The soup sounded incredible, but we did not try it. We all had fish dinner. It was fresh and paired with exquisite sauces. The banana dessert was rich and delicious. Definitely a 5 star dining experience and we can't wait to return!Special Features:
- over the topfantasticDined on 3/11/2014they did a great job.our server went over the top. put this one at the top of your list for excellent service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marisolSimonkVIPDined on 3/11/2014I have eaten at Marisol and always have found excellent service and very good food.Special Features:
- Excellent4foodiesVIPDined on 3/1/2014The Marisol is our favorite restaurant in the area. The menu options, food preparation, presentation, and service have never disappointed. Our oyster appetizer, baked on the half shell, was shared among four and the perfect starter for our meal. Other favorite selections enjoyed were clam chowder, duck, salmon, and the bread pudding dessert option. Scott and Heather are there to make the evening special and they do not fail. I highly recommend The Marisol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High ExpectaionsRoadtriprobDined on 2/22/2014I have high expectaions when going to a noteable fine dining eatery. Marisol not only met but exceeded those expectaions of professioonalism, quality in food. and great service. Scott was very knowledgable, I was impressed he knew ALL the "secret" menu items and how there were prepared as well as items that have been a signature dish. I have visited the Marisol before and decided to return- both experiences were equal in satisfaction. Well worth repeated visits, especially for a romantic dinner out or special occassion. But hey, you can go just because too.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Incredible food and service! The staff's priority was that guests have an amazing experience, not feel rushed, and are able to enjoy the moment and savor the food. we will definitely be making ourselves regulars here. Somewhat pricey but most definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal...will come backBillDined on 2/15/2014This was our first visit. We were visiting the triad area and discovered Marisol reviewing Open Table reviews. The reviews were both positive, and accurate. My wife had a delicious salmon and I had the rabbit special, and both we're very tasty. Excellent salads and good desert topped off an exceptional dinner. I would expect marisol to always be above average and occasionally great! Plan to find out!Special Features:
- A High End RestaurantCarolDined on 2/1/2014Excellent food and service. The food is very fresh and the menu changes daily. The menu was given orally, but, except for the daily appetizer specials, a written menu was available. I thought the prices were high but they were reasonable for the quality of the food. Alcoholic beverages and wine were good but over-priced. The waiter was knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. He was there when we needed him, but not intrusive. I highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or the occasional treat. Be prepared for the cost and then just enjoy the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth it!carrie61Dined on 1/31/2014I was visiting from out of town, but was told of this restaurant by a local. Everything was delicious, from the escargot appetizer, to the organic salad, and the trout was in a wonderful garlic butter sauce. Yum. We were too full for dessert. The prices are very high for this area, but I think reflect the quality of the food here. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!THolderDined on 1/3/2014I had not had the pleasure of dining at Marisol in a number of years so was delighted to find it was the same outstanding experience as before. The dishes were creative and delicious and the service was impeccable. I do have to agree with the other reviewers that I do wish the owners would work on the atmosphere a bit. It is a shame that the ambience doesn't do justice to the excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner. Best inDocmanDined on 12/28/2013Excellent dinner. Best in Greensboro. Brought our 2 month old infant ( who fortunately slept!), and the staff made us all feel welcome. Server was extremely well informed on the menu and food choices. The food was to die for. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good restaurantJhonnyVVIPDined on 12/17/2013Food was good however I set up my expectations too high based on the prices. Service was good and very particular.Special Features:
- excellent experiencecelebratingDined on 12/13/2013not for the thrifty - I suppose there are people who would dine here regularly, I can't afford that luxury, but it was outstanding for celebrating an important event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go hereCocobean620VIPDined on 11/16/2013My husband and I are still talking about our fantastic dinner at Marisol. I'm not sure how we've never eaten here before but I know we can't wait to go back. He had the filet and I had the rabbit and both were excellent as was the wine which was recommended by our server. Our server was amazing! She was friendly and knowledgable. She had great suggestions for each course and like I said the wine was her suggestion as well. The place doesn't look super fancy but I didn't mind and frankly with food (and service) like that I don't really care what the place looks like. The only bad thing I can say is that my stomach is too small. Everything sounded so good I wanted a little bit of everything! Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Good enough to go againRobbyDined on 11/8/2013My wife and I visited Greensboro recently. We found Marisol and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. The next night, we were trying to decide which of the other great restaurants in Greensboro we should visit. Rather than go to a new restaurant, we wnet right back to Marisol the next night as well. The food is outstanding. The wait staff is knowledgeable. The piano bar is a great. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I flew in from SF for an eventLaRayDined on 11/2/2013I flew in from SF for an event and wanted to have a special dinner. Local area friends suggested Marisol, calling it the best in Greensboro. I have nothing to compare it with in town but it was one of the most delicious dinners I have had in years. The service was excellent. I have dined at some of the country's most noted restaurants and I think Marisol would hold its own if dropped in San Francisco or Miami or Chicago. Forget about the bill and just enjoy the food. The French-style gnocchi will bring me back. The dessert, some kind of chocolate cake, is worth saving room for and fine wines that no one else will dare serve by the glass made the meal perfect. I like to try new places but when in Greensboro, i will always return to Marisol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutKellyDined on 11/1/2013Marisol was more than dinner, it was an experience. This was my second visit and everything about the night was extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME & always special!MDefDined on 10/5/2013Consistently inspired and ever changing menu!! Great service, relaxing and fantastic!Special Features:
- The food was delish. My onlyfoodie4lifeDined on 10/4/2013The food was delish. My only complaints are. No written menu. Limited selection of entree with no prices mentions. The decor needs some real help! Very pricy meal. Should be beyond perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York Food Right Here at HomeCatdDined on 10/4/2013My husband and I travel quite a but and always seek out premium dining experiences. We have eaten at restaurants owned by Top Chef winners, famous chefs, and the hottest up and comers. Marisol is easily on par with any of these experiences. Being able to watch Tim and staff prepare the dishes adds to the fun and enjoyment of the amazing food. I hope this restaurant thrives - not only because it deserves to, but because I want to eat there for many years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioustesoro27Dined on 9/24/2013Excellent and delicious food extravaganza. The dinner to celebrate our anniversary was fabulous. We highly recommend this place with an excellent and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for special occasionsNYtansplantDined on 9/21/2013Outstanding, This is where you go to understand the difference between dining and 'eating out'.Special Features:
- Service the way it should beOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2013The service was superb! The food was delicious. The atmosphere is nice, perhaps not as upscale as the menu & service might suggest. There is an open kitchen, but not noisy at all. Yes, it is expensive, but the experience is well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal everOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2013This was possibly the best meal I have ever had. It was defiantly the best service. We went there for our anniversary and were treated like kings. Everything was spectacular! I only wish it were closer to downtown so more people could experience this delight. It was expensive but you would pay the same for a dinner at Morton's or Flemmings and this blows both out of the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok. It did not liveJatRVADined on 8/7/2013Food was ok. It did not live up to the Internet hype. We love exotic food and were a little let down. Chicken liver app was mushy, not well prepared. duck breast app was the best dish of the night. My wife got the rack of lamb, nothing special. I got the blackend grouper. Fish was over cooked and under seasoned. Everyone had the exact same sides on their plate, greens, sweet potatoes and the same sauce for every dish. Not worth the 200 + dollars.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experience,gsodinerDined on 7/26/2013Outstanding dining experience, from the overall atmosphere to the service to the food. All courses were excellent and properly reflected the chef's skill, expertise, and creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at Marisol!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2013The food is amazing! Scott's leadership of the small but extremely efficient dining room team is comparable to none. You will think you are having a meal in New York. The chef's are unbelievable, using only what is fresh to them. The sauces are superb, I can not go on enough about what a gen this is to have in Greensboro ! The sourdough date bread is also a favorite of mine. Thank you to the team at Marisol for what you do so well. My husband and I greatly appreciate it and all of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.