5834 High Point Rd
Greensboro, NC 27407Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.themarisol.com/
- Phone: (336) 852-3303
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:45pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, International
- Executive Chef: Tim Thompson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We feature Mike Evans on the piano Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from The Marisol
"Marisol" has become a landmark on the map of fine dining in North Carolina. We specialize in using the freshest seasonal foods prepared in creative ways. During our 15 years, we have garnered the respect of a faithful clientele as well as high marks from Triad critics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Marisol - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
The Marisol reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)fit for foodies (16)romantic (15)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Always incredibleFlavorsavant81Dined on 11/20/2014Went to Marisol's last week and could not have been happier. The waitstaff was attentive and professional and knew the menu inside and out. We received excellent wine and food recommendations from Scott based on our personal preferences. There were so many incredible verbal specials in addition to the already mouth-watering written menu, the hardest part was deciding. And not once did we feel rushed, even when trying to decide on which incredible dishes to order. The table was ours for the night to enjoy good food, good wine, and good company. Be sure to bring your appetite to have room to savor enjoy as many foods as possible. Everything is delicious and intricately constructed to make for an amazing dining experience each and every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this fine dining local treat!DaveDined on 11/15/2014The food here can compete with the better restaurants of San Francisco and New York. The NY Strip and Lamb Chops were amazing. The service was exceptional with great attention to detail. It is a bit pricy for the area but well worth it. The only negative comment is that the construction in the area makes it difficult to locate and access this fine restaurant. We will return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMadeDined on 11/14/2014Marisol is everything people rave about and more! The chef does not disappoint! You will be amazed by how well the servers memorize the creative specialties down to the reduction sauces. They have a printed menu in the restaurant but then they add several specialties to tease your taste buds. They have an extensive wine list and their recommendations for your dinner pairings are exemplary. My husband and I had soup, salad, entrees and were stuffed! Portions do not disappoint! It is $$$$$ but worth every penny! Definitely put this on your special list :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Expensive, but great food, and service. Will recommend to others, but will make sure they bring thier wallets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was outstandingChipDined on 11/8/2014Our waitress delineated the meal options with a memory that equalled a brain surgeon. Incredible professionalism, attentiveness and warmth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marisol reviewzcakesDined on 11/4/2014One of the better fine dining establishments in the Triad. We had steelhead and it was cooked perfectly. This is high praise considering we have lived previously in the Pacific Northwest and are somewhat picky about seafood preparations. The food at Marisol is always consistently good but count on spending at least $100 per person; more if you like expensive wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenightsDined on 11/1/2014Food wine wait staff and chef the best in the triad.Special Features:
- OverratedUnfortunate2VIPDined on 10/11/2014If you like eating average food, a wait staff that runs around, a small mall-front ambiance, a bread table at the front door and shallow drinks, you'll love this place.
- Not very impressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014The main course was great. However the starter salad was disappointing. Nothing specials there. Additionally, one of the waitresses (who served our bread) did not deliver the outstanding service we were expecting of this fine dining experience. The piano bar was outstanding.Special Features:
- Amazing!Calipe01Dined on 10/4/2014This was our second time here and it was just as amazing as the first time. The food is some of the best that we have had and the service is excellent. It is somewhat expensive, but completely worth it for the quality! Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- datenightsDined on 9/12/2014Has quickly become a favorite of ours! Last week our two top table near the restrooms has been our only dislike. Food, wine, service is absolutely one of the BEST in the triad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRonaldVIPDined on 9/12/2014Have head lots about this "fine" dining place. Extremely disappointing and way too expensive. I will not be returning.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014This was my first visit back in approximately 5 years. This place truly is remarkable for the quality of food and service. It is quite simply the best restaurant in Greensboro and quite possibly on some days - probably in the State. Thank goodness this little gem has yet to be discovered by all those not in the know around Sedgefield.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Greensboro!Love2EatDined on 8/23/2014Marisol never disappoints. We have been coming here for over 10 years and it's always outstanding. Scott and Heather bring service to a new level of excellence and Trina is the best bartender around. Last year we brought some friends from Cleveland here and they loved it. When they came into town last week they specifically asked that we go to Marisol again for dinner. The only downside is that its very pricey. Plan on about $100 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb cuisine in an odd locationNYCtravVIPDined on 8/21/2014Despite the road construction and odd location, the meal was truly outstanding! Friendly and accomodating service and a true desire to provide a great experience. I'll be back the next time I'm in Greensboro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 72 reviews are from the The Marisol reviews archive.
- Impeccable quisine and serviceRosebudDined on 7/22/2014Even though the furniture and decor is outdated, the exquisite food and attentive service makes up for it. And even though most of us don't eat bread anymore, do not skip the sour dough bread. It's worth the carbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarisolJimmyDined on 7/12/2014While the food was quite good the setting is mediocre to poor. Too loud, too cramped and somewhat dated.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I drive from Pennsylvania just to eat here, it is the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional foodDrJohn1943Dined on 7/11/2014My food was expertly prepared, nicely served, and most enjoyable. The rack of lamb I had was the very best I've ever had and I just got back from New Zealand where that's all they eat. The meat was ordered and came medium rare; could be cut with a fork and was served with a balsamic reduction sauce that was far better that a mint jelly-syled condiment. Everything was thoroughly enjoyable. The restaurant was small and intimate, quiet and just perfect for a dinner for two. It is on the pricery side, but worth it. I'll go back again.Special Features:
- bjosVIPDined on 6/17/2014We were in Greensboro for a business meeting and happened upon Marisol through Opentable.com. The entire experience was fabulous. The food was incredible and the service provided by Heather was second to none. We also enjoyed a bottle of very nice red wine with our meal. Totally gourmet, fresh, not the least bit stuffy or intimidating. A really perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Not even close - Best in TriadPCHFamilyDined on 5/24/2014Returning to Marisol for our anniversary had me a little nervous thinking there was no way they could live up to our expectations after our last experience. However, it was even better! I would have never guessed that I would have one of the best, if not THE best, meals of my life in Greensboro, NC. My wife and I will be back again and again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellenceMario2BDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I dine at Marisol each year on our anniversary, as it is our favorite restaurant in the Piedmont Triad. The service is always spectacular and Scott usually takes care of us, and is one of the most accomplished waiters we have ever experienced. Friendly, helpful and unobtrusive. A true gentleman. And he knows his wine. The food at Marisol is always perfectly seasoned, perfectly prepared, and creative. The sauces for each dish, whether seafood or meat, are always wonderful. Dessert never disappoints, it is always a nice compliment to the meal. We have been there for at least the last 5 years, probably longer, and it will remain our special occasion dining choice. Always 5 stars at the Marisol.Special Features:
- Best in the TriadPGtheRealtorDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed a fabulous evening at Marisol recently with two other couples. The food was absolutely wonderful and the service was first rate. Could not have had a finer meal at any price. My guests were very impressed and say they will definitely return with their other friends. Only problem is trying to get a taxi back from Marisol late night but well worth the hassle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lived up to it's reputationxcjohnnyDined on 5/7/2014I have heard this was a great restaurant, and I was not disappointed. The swordfish and striped bass were very fresh and perfectly prepared. The crab soup was perfection. Can't wait to check out the piano bar (and another bowl of soup).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/3/2014Pleasantly surprised by this wonderful place. Food was top notch, among the best in this area. I've been fortunate enough to dine in great restaurants in major cities in New York, DC, California and Florida over many years. The Marisol ranks right up there. Expensive, especially for this area, but you do get what you pay for. Don't let the small strip mall location scare you off. Highly recommended and will be my new first choice for special occasion dinners.Special Features:
- THE GREATESTOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014had to cancel the reservation & didn't go but I've been there 3or 4 times & it is my favorite restuarant anywhere! I will rate it anyway!!! Heather is the most professional, most pleasant---best server I have EVER had!!!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceRobinTomVIPDined on 3/18/2014A group of 4 of us dined here and enjoyed every single minute of our experience. The bread is the best I have ever had. The gnocchi appetizer was fresh and surprisingly light. The soup sounded incredible, but we did not try it. We all had fish dinner. It was fresh and paired with exquisite sauces. The banana dessert was rich and delicious. Definitely a 5 star dining experience and we can't wait to return!Special Features:
- over the topfantasticDined on 3/11/2014they did a great job.our server went over the top. put this one at the top of your list for excellent service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marisolSimonkVIPDined on 3/11/2014I have eaten at Marisol and always have found excellent service and very good food.Special Features:
- Excellent4foodiesVIPDined on 3/1/2014The Marisol is our favorite restaurant in the area. The menu options, food preparation, presentation, and service have never disappointed. Our oyster appetizer, baked on the half shell, was shared among four and the perfect starter for our meal. Other favorite selections enjoyed were clam chowder, duck, salmon, and the bread pudding dessert option. Scott and Heather are there to make the evening special and they do not fail. I highly recommend The Marisol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High ExpectaionsRoadtriprobDined on 2/22/2014I have high expectaions when going to a noteable fine dining eatery. Marisol not only met but exceeded those expectaions of professioonalism, quality in food. and great service. Scott was very knowledgable, I was impressed he knew ALL the "secret" menu items and how there were prepared as well as items that have been a signature dish. I have visited the Marisol before and decided to return- both experiences were equal in satisfaction. Well worth repeated visits, especially for a romantic dinner out or special occassion. But hey, you can go just because too.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!Flavorsavant81Dined on 2/22/2014Incredible food and service! The staff's priority was that guests have an amazing experience, not feel rushed, and are able to enjoy the moment and savor the food. we will definitely be making ourselves regulars here. Somewhat pricey but most definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal...will come backBillDined on 2/15/2014This was our first visit. We were visiting the triad area and discovered Marisol reviewing Open Table reviews. The reviews were both positive, and accurate. My wife had a delicious salmon and I had the rabbit special, and both we're very tasty. Excellent salads and good desert topped off an exceptional dinner. I would expect marisol to always be above average and occasionally great! Plan to find out!Special Features:
- A High End RestaurantCarolDined on 2/1/2014Excellent food and service. The food is very fresh and the menu changes daily. The menu was given orally, but, except for the daily appetizer specials, a written menu was available. I thought the prices were high but they were reasonable for the quality of the food. Alcoholic beverages and wine were good but over-priced. The waiter was knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. He was there when we needed him, but not intrusive. I highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or the occasional treat. Be prepared for the cost and then just enjoy the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth it!carrie61Dined on 1/31/2014I was visiting from out of town, but was told of this restaurant by a local. Everything was delicious, from the escargot appetizer, to the organic salad, and the trout was in a wonderful garlic butter sauce. Yum. We were too full for dessert. The prices are very high for this area, but I think reflect the quality of the food here. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!THolderDined on 1/3/2014I had not had the pleasure of dining at Marisol in a number of years so was delighted to find it was the same outstanding experience as before. The dishes were creative and delicious and the service was impeccable. I do have to agree with the other reviewers that I do wish the owners would work on the atmosphere a bit. It is a shame that the ambience doesn't do justice to the excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner. Best inDocmanDined on 12/28/2013Excellent dinner. Best in Greensboro. Brought our 2 month old infant ( who fortunately slept!), and the staff made us all feel welcome. Server was extremely well informed on the menu and food choices. The food was to die for. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good restaurantJhonnyVVIPDined on 12/17/2013Food was good however I set up my expectations too high based on the prices. Service was good and very particular.Special Features:
- excellent experiencecelebratingDined on 12/13/2013not for the thrifty - I suppose there are people who would dine here regularly, I can't afford that luxury, but it was outstanding for celebrating an important event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go hereCocobean620VIPDined on 11/16/2013My husband and I are still talking about our fantastic dinner at Marisol. I'm not sure how we've never eaten here before but I know we can't wait to go back. He had the filet and I had the rabbit and both were excellent as was the wine which was recommended by our server. Our server was amazing! She was friendly and knowledgable. She had great suggestions for each course and like I said the wine was her suggestion as well. The place doesn't look super fancy but I didn't mind and frankly with food (and service) like that I don't really care what the place looks like. The only bad thing I can say is that my stomach is too small. Everything sounded so good I wanted a little bit of everything! Will definitely be going back.Special Features: