The Margarita At Pine Creek
7350 Pine Creek Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80919Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Margarita At Pine Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.margaritaatpinecreek.com/
- Phone: 719-598-8667
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Viedt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Cartwright 7195988667
- Entertainment: Winter Schedule: October-May; Live Music In The Lounge On Friday Evenings Starting at 7pm and Live Baroque Music In The Main Dining Room on Saturday Evenings.
Summer Schedule: June-September; Dinner & A Movie Series on Friday Evenings on The Patio at Dark, Come Early To Get a Seat! (Pairing Classic Movies with Food, Weather Permitting) Live Music On the Sunset Patio Thursdays, 6:30 pm. Saturday Farmers Market with Live Music 9am-1pm. Live Baroque Music in the Main Dining Room Saturday Evenings
A word from The Margarita At Pine Creek
The Margarita at Pine Creek, named for The Margarita Daisy, has been an independently-owned local restaurant for over 35 years. Known for our Comfortably Contemporary Cuisine, we feature daily changing menus emphasizing on seasonal ingredients with local products being used whenever possible. Complementing the food, we offer a full bar with specialty margarita and martini menus, our Wine List features over 75 bottles of traditional and obscure varietals. The Kitchen's eclectic approach to cooking as well as warm service and relaxing atmosphere has earned awards from both critics and the community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Margarita At Pine Creek - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
The Margarita At Pine Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (41)special occasion (40)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (25)scenic view (16)great for brunch (15)good for groups (14)notable wine list (11)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A favorite celebration spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Dining at The Margarita is always a special treat and this visit was for a friend's birthday luncheon. We all had the soup and salad which came with a fabulous slice of their homemade coffee cake for dessert! Exceptionally great house dressing on the salad and the soup is always amazing but the best treat is he homemade pimento cheese spread that comes with the warm loaf of honey wheat bread! It's a splurge calorie-wise but SO worth it!!! Great views, secluded seating leads you a million miles away from the hubbub of a chain restaurant! The only slight complaint that day was the service. iced tea refills were hard to come by and time between courses and even being acknowledged after arriving were uncomfortably long. That was unusual!Special Features:
- Great fresh foodswim2Dined on 10/9/2014The food at the Margarita is fresh, simple and delicious. I have never had a bad meal there and especially like going for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCivisUSDined on 10/7/2014They have an amazing three course lunch for a very reasonable price! Only two entree options but it changes everyday and I have never not found something I didn't love! My favorite place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarGinDined on 10/2/2014We try to visit Margarita's when we're in Colorado Springs. It never fails to provide an excellent meal, and the service is always first-rate. They have a good wine list and its nicely appointed, with the tables providing an appropriate amount of privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and romantic settingMichelleDined on 9/30/2014The food here is always great - I have yet to find a dish I didn't love. The service is good and the setting is so romantic with little nooks and crannies and tucked, hidden away tables.Special Features:
- The Getaway PlacedinerDined on 9/26/2014Everything was great except the taped music played same thing each hour. I did say something. They did have live music on the patio for "regulars" which I took offense to (use to live closer but came back for Restaurant Week). Still a good place to getaway!Special Features:
- Great place with great people!!LawmanDined on 9/24/2014I had a romantic date and they placed me in a cozy spot in the restaurant and were very attentive. The food was excellent everybody there made us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sunday Brunch FavoritedemchoDined on 9/21/2014I like the atmosphere at Margarita at Pine Creek--quiet, lots of nooks and crannies inside, great outdoor dining patio. I also like the selection of benedicts on the Sunday brunch menu. On this visit I had a Cubano benedict, which was good. On a previous visit I tried the enchiladas, which were amazing. You always get a bit of coffee cake as a starter for brunch, and on this visit it was hot and fresh. Service was a little scattered this time (several different servers & sometimes disappeared for a while), but friendly and helpful, available at key times, and we didn't feel rushed at all. This is a great little local place and has its own personality. I will definitely continue dining there and recommending it to others.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as alwaysDinerKDined on 9/21/2014We discovered The Margarita at Pine Creek shortly after we moved here 20 years ago. Our daughter was home recently for a brief visit from overseas, and Sunday brunch was on her to-do list. Our brunch was outstanding- the atmosphere, service, and food were terrific as always, especially the coffee cake and hot cinnamon tea! One of our favorite things about the brunch is to eat on the patio, but it was a bit chilly and breezy to eat outside on the morning we were there. This is a great place for adults and older children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014We went for our wedding anniversary dinner for our 1st visit. We were pleasantly surprised. The service was great and helpful with wine selections. The food was wonderful. All five courses were absolutely delicious!! Wish we had come here sooner.Special Features:
- Love this place!KelliDined on 9/19/2014The food here is always outstanding and today was no exception. At lunch, they have a limited menu with a couple of daily specials. One is generally vegetarian. I am not vegetarian and tend to stay away from these options but the locally sourced green chile in the vegetarian dish pulled me in. I'm so glad I ordered it as it was simply delicious! I would not hesitate to order a vegetarian dish here in the future. Their food is always so fresh and made with local and in-season vegetables. Service is always great and the setting is simply lovely. Love it, love it, love it!Special Features:
- Funky outside, delicious inside.KimbaDined on 9/17/2014They have 3 ($36) and 5 ($42) course dinner specials with or without suggested 2 ($14) and 3 ($20) glass wine pairings, as well as soup, salad, entrees and desserts. The food is fresh, and locally produced/procured where possible. The staff is very friendly and efficient without being fussy. I OMG'd every bite and I highly recommend this gem.Special Features:
- Showing its agehappydinerDined on 9/12/2014This was my first visit to Margaraita at Pine Creek although I have lived her 16 years. I found out that the resturant has been there 40 years so I then understand the aged look of the building and landscape. Since it is pretty close to Fall now I would expect a lovelier curb appeal. Leaves & pinecones raked, dead flowers removed, maybe a pumpkin or two dotting the area etc. So much could be done to please the eye before the customer even enters the lovely building. The leisurely dining and effecient happy waitress were the best part of the experience. Would I return? Possibly.Special Features:
- WonderfulLuv2cycleDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful dining experience! The food is amazing!! We will always want to return for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding Brunch!LizzieDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed a Sunday brunch on the patio at Margarita. The setting was absolutely beautiful. The service was excellent. The server was prompt and friendly, and other servers kept an eye on us and assisted if needed. The food was delicious, and the presentation of the food was beautiful. Everyone in our party tried something different, and we all raved about how good our food was. I would highly recommend The Margarita at Pine Creek!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in Colorado SpringsAndyWVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have dined at The Margarita At Pine Creek since moving here in 2000. Never a bad meal, we use it for business dinners, family get togethers and just the two of us. Highly recommended, and select the 5 course meal - it's worth the extra few dollars.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJimLVIPDined on 9/3/2014Our favorite restaurant in Colorado Springs both summer(on the patio) and winter(cozy with fireplaces). Food and service always outstanding and creative.Special Features:
- Time warpOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/2/2014The website for this restaurant is modern and up to date, too bad the owners & chef didn't follow suit with the menu and restaurant. A dirty and dilapidated restaurant is never a good sign of what's to come from the kitchen. For lunch it was a small offering of the same items just reinvented. More like cafeteria food than an upscale restaurant. The health inspector should make a visit.
- Great for an anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We celebrated our 50th here. The food was excellent we had a nice quite table and the guitar music was very pleasantSpecial Features:
- great findjbetzwellVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great find. We came in on business and had the best meal of the trip at this hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Like Old TimesDoriecakesDined on 8/2/2014I used to go to this place when I was a secretary at the Air Force Academy. It was an adorable place then and it has still retained its charm 30 years later. I now live in California and have become accustomed to delicious, clean food. I found The Margarita to be on an equal level as the fancier restaurants here in California. So happy the place is still around. I will visit again (every time I visit my parents who still live in the city).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ceeteeDined on 7/31/2014consistently lovely over the years - took a work group this time - everyone was more than impressedSpecial Features:
- FredDined on 7/25/2014My friend in Denver likes this restaurant so well, she drives to Colo. Spgs. to meet me for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colorado Springs DinningBarieDined on 7/23/2014This restaurant was recommended by two people who live in Colorado Springs that lived in the area that we met on the road while traveling. It was located behind our hotel. There was great ambience, friendly staff and excellent food. We would go back again if we were in town. Would recommend to others going to Colorado Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodflashcoDined on 7/22/2014This was the best meal--all 5 courses-- I have had in a very, very long time.Special Features:
- Awesome Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014My gf and I went here for an anniversary and had an amazing time! The food was amazing, the complementing wines were delicious, and the service was upbeat and positive the entire time! We started off at one small table by the kitchen, but asked to move to a bit of a quieter spot with no problems. Overall amazing experience for a great price. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- JoanVIPDined on 7/15/2014Margarita at Pine Creek is always a special, quaint place to go. Tucked away and off the road, you feel a million miles away. Good food and good service and always GUS! Thanks Patty - for creating and continuing a wonderful place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect For Date NightMaximillian00VIPDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I went here for date night and loved it. The menu for dinner is a fixed 3 or 5 course meal with plenty of great choices. We had two great bottles of wine that were reasonably priced and the food and service were very good. We had the 3 course meal which excludes soup and dessert, but even then we both had plenty of food left over to take home. I wouldn't bring kids, but for a date or an adult group, it is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as alwayseaccsDined on 7/9/2014I made my reservation through open table and indicated some food allergies. The waiter was on top of it and helped me select delicious food options that worked great for my taste. Love this restaurant and the staff!Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantMonumentMomDined on 7/6/2014We had a delightful Sunday brunch for 4. The food was delicious, service was discrete and it was a very nice treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemEhubrexDined on 7/6/2014I would recommend this place for the location and the atmosphere. I went there with a very dear friend for lunch on a Sunday morning and it was like a little oasis! What a gorgeous location! It was so secluded and serene. I would come back here again and again for the location alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio dining at its finest.AliceVIPDined on 7/6/2014Lovin that patio. Wonderful and relaxing. Service was great. No complaints. Like the doggy.Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014We recently dined on the outside patio to celebrate a family birthday. The surroundings, ambiance and service were all exceptional. A truly enjoyable experience. Prepare to spend $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 216 reviews are from the The Margarita At Pine Creek reviews archive.
- Pretty Good BrunchBradBDined on 6/22/2014I wanted to take my wife somewhere special for her birthday and she actually found The Margarita. We arrived at about the right time and were quickly shown to our table. The place is interesting with a light atmosphere. There were people outside on the patio but we opted for an interior seat. We looked over the menu (although we had already seen it online) and made our choices. My wife, being a vegetarian, went for the roasted veggie eggs benedict and I went for the crab benedict. Both were obviously freshly cooked, and I must admit, of the two, the veggie benedict had more flavor. That's not to say that the crab benedict was not good, it was. It's just that the veggie benedict was just that little bit better. We will go back there.Special Features:
- Favorite (so far) in CO SpringsAaronCDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I recently moved to CO Springs from out of state and have been underwhelmed by the food scene. We've used Yelp to try and find some good restaurants, but it wasn't until we ate at The Margarita that we finally had a great dining experience. We sat on the patio on a perfect evening. The live music wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't obtrusive or annoying. We had the pre fixe menu with five courses, cocktails and wine and it came out to about $70 per person, plus tip. Not cheap, but the food and service were excellent. Portions were just right - not huge, but not small plates either. We were there for several hours, which was perfect for us, but if you're looking to dine and dash, you're out of luck. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off-night?makeitgoodDined on 6/17/2014The food was decent; well-prepared fried green tomatoes and a generous portion of fish. The salad was very mediocre (I ordered greens with sesame dressing, which turned out to be plain greens overdressed in something very garlicky with a few won ton crisps on top). I was disappointed in the number of choices as well: just four for each course. Easier for the chef but a little frustrating for the diner (e.g. if you don't like fried food, raw oysters, or goat cheese, you're out of luck for the appetizer). The service was fairly attentive but rather self-absorbed about the restaurant: instead of focussing on the diner, it was all about the Margarita at Pine Creek. Which, unfortunately, wasn't all that special, at least in our view.
- Great food, & ServiceBreckFoodieDined on 6/15/2014Margarita at Pine Creek is never a disappointment! Chef Viedt is fabulous! Told exceptional waitstaff, Devon, that one party had a food allergy and they graciously accommodated it. The food was scrumptious and excellent. Had the brunch menu and it made for a great Father's Day! Highly recommend it! My guest had a poached egg dish that was wonderful and I had the salmon, which was perfect. The crumb cake was an extra added, yummy addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day BrunchHappyDinerDined on 6/15/2014For those of us who prefer quiet settings, modest prices, quality food, and sane meal portions to overeating at expensive, crowded buffet troughs, The Margarita at Pine Creek hits the mark. I was looking for a place to take my elderly parents for Fathers Day breakfast/brunch and we had a lovely experience. The menu selection had plenty of variety without being overwhelming and our selection, crab benedict, which came with steamed asparagus, fresh fruit, and coffee cake, was delicious. My parents don't eat out often and it's rare that they enjoy a restaurant enough to put it on their list of places to go when their best friends are in town. The Margarita at Pine Creek made that list. We look forward to returning and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentYumYumVIPDined on 6/10/2014Patty and her capable staff have been serving superb food for more than 40 years. The dinner was extraordinary as always. Th best restuarant in the area and they do a superb job with fish, not a common skill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, Elegant, Reasonable!MsCockatooDined on 6/6/2014This restaurant is a lovely place to get away from it all in the middle of the city. It is relaxing and romantic. The perfect place to lunch with girlfriends or celebrate with a lover. The food is exquisite! And I was delightedly surprised about how reasonable it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.