100, 9940 - 106 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 2N2Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themarc.ca/
- Phone: 7804292828
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 Am - 2:30 Pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Bryan Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: 100 ave and 106 street
- Public Transit: We are just off many popular Jasper Avenue routes on 106 street as well as 1 1/2 blocks south of the Corona LRT station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample meter parking during the day with convenient access. Evening offers plenty of free surface lot parking and street parking after 6 PM.
A word from The Marc
A newcomer to Edmonton's independent food scene The Marc serves up traditional offerings of classic French bistro fare. The daily fresh board offers up worthy specials that compliment this vibrant and bustling room. The Marc has quickly become a must visit as guests delight in rich duck confit and enjoy hefty pours of cheap and cheerful.Continued
Relax at the bar and enjoy a special pour or grab a quick plate at the communal table. Join your friends and allow us to take you to France for a few hours.
Relax at the bar and enjoy a special pour or grab a quick plate at the communal table. Join your friends and allow us to take you to France for a few hours.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Marc - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
The Marc reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (162)special occasion (150)romantic (94)neighborhood gem (90)great for lunch (74)notable wine list (63)good for groups (62)hot spot (48)great for outdoor dining (42)late-night find (23)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Incredible food!tmwpDined on 10/25/2014What a find! We had a recommendation from a friend and we are so glad to have gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The server was very polite and welcoming, but really pressured us to order very quickly. As soon as we sat down, we were in a race to order. I asked him to repeat the evening specials, instead he quickly pushed my date and I to order the “Entrecote Frites” which I didn't realize meant Steak and French Fries. The cuts of steak that we received had a lot of fat on them and were cooked more rare than how we ordered. At one point my date chewed into way too much fat, and had to spit it out into her napkin. I may have had too high of expectations, but I feel that I should expect more out of your restaurant than your average franchise style. For $130 dinner, we weren't very happy and unfortunately we don't plan on returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- Not the best nightKarmaDined on 10/25/2014I have been to the Marc several time. This last time I had the pork belly and did not like it (too much fat and the rest of the plate was kind of a "mush". I was not the only one that had this meal and the consensus was the same all around; even my ceasar salad was limpy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014The food is so excellent as was the service. We are not fans of the open room concept but there seems to be less of an echo at the Marc which is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealMattDined on 10/23/2014Our group of 6 people had an outstanding time at Marc's. The food was amazing with friendly, attentive service. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceLulu123VIPDined on 10/22/2014I had dinner at the Marc last night with a colleague and it was excellent. Our server was very attentive and we both appreciated how passionate she was when we asked her to explain the French wines for us. We shared a plate of Frites to start and I swear they are the best in the city! I had the flank steak which was tender and delicious and my colleague had the haddock which she really enjoyed. We both loved that as we walked past the kitchen we could see staff working with fresh, local foods.Special Features:
- KickDined on 10/22/2014Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Great food and great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant without pretentionBobbyGDined on 10/22/2014Superb service in terms of courtesy and expedited food serving. Nice atmosphere and convenient location. Food was great and affordable.Special Features:
- Alternative eating downtownDowntownDinerDined on 10/22/2014Although I have eaten dinner many times at The Marc, this was the first time I had the opportunity to have lunch there. Although the menu was limited, the selection was broad enough for most to find something appealing. I ordered the hamburger special - which was minced meat mixed with Montreal smoked meat. All I can say is it worked in theory but not in application. The two meats never blended: the minced meat was cooked but the Montreal smoked meat gave the burger a "steak tartare" feeling. The presentation was good though and the hand made French fries superb.Special Features:
- Food mediocre, lovely atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I went with my partner. Great lighting and wonderful service, our server was knowledgeable and suitably attentive. Concerns: I ordered a cocktail and the glass was short and packed with so much ice my nose hit it with every sip. I could not taste the drink. Some of the sides were overdone and the dish was not well balanced. We had the special, venison sausage and I remember having better as a kid from the local butcher. Our appetizer of duck "pate," which is a dish served cold and to our knowledge, tasted like plain old chicken salad. The wine was delicious. We liked their selection. I had high culinary expectations which were not met, but I enjoyed the ambience and vibe of the place.
- Great farewell lunchShannanBDined on 10/15/2014My friend and I had lunch at the Marc which was fantastic. I had the steak and my dining companion had the smoked salmon. Both of us thuroughly enjoyed our meals. We also had the lemon tart for dessert which was really great but I would have liked something with it to cut the powerful lemon flavour, perhaps some lightly sweetened whipped cream or some blueberries but otherwise lunch was amazing and as always, the service was excellent. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Perfect date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014This is our favourite restaurant in Edmonton! The food is amazing and the servers are knowledgeable and warm. This place is perfect for a date night!Special Features:
- Simple and sophisticatedHellokittyDined on 10/11/2014Overall my husband and I were pleased with our experience. Would like to come back and try more of their drinks, they looked like they were well-made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Steak!DrsteakDined on 10/10/2014I went for the steak tartar and was sadly disappointed, but the ribeye may have been one of the best I've ever eaten!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceKnucklesDined on 10/10/2014My spouse and I went to The Marc for our anniversary. We greatly enjoyed the food, the service was great, and I personally enjoyed their selection of beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for visiting with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014We love to go here with friends. It is a great place for a group of 4 to 6 people to go to enjoy a really nice dinner out and have a relaxed visit. You can actually have a conversation here without having to "up the volume". Service is nicely paced, and we have never felt rushed here. Always a real pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hype is accurateFoodieAmberDined on 10/8/2014I loved the food! Simple, delicious French dishes expertly prepared and without compare in the city. WAY underpriced and over-delivered. Would go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingfitfoodie123Dined on 10/7/2014My first time dining at this restaurant for my moms birthday and it was just so much more than we expected! Looked it up on Urban Spoon and after eating there I was suprised that it only had a rating in the 80's. Would definitely go here again with my partner! I love that they had a small menu but that it was DONE WELL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nightoutDined on 10/4/2014The food was very good, nicely spiced. The steak ended up a bit over cooked, but the duck was fabulous. The atmosphere was good. The only down side was the table for two was very long across making it difficult to hear each other. I am looking forward to coming again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable meal at the Marc2lambchopsDined on 10/4/2014Very refreshing to find owners who take such pride in caring for their patrons. Excellent service, meal and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobswifeDined on 10/4/2014Husband loved it, I found the menu far too limited. Service was outstanding.
- Nice but less than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014I found the food to be slightly blah. The only outstanding things were the salad dressings. We had 3 salads at our table to start and each one was delicious. I had the Entrecote Fries as highly recommended by many and it was good. Not amazing, but good. I ended up wishing I chose something more creative because I wasn't wowed. Had 2 cocktails and they were good. I was underwhelmed so I wouldn't recommend The Marc for a really special occasion but more for a nice plain night out.Special Features:
- GerryDined on 10/3/2014Food is exceptional and service friendly and personableSpecial Features:
- Perfect eveningMazzDined on 10/2/2014We were able to quickly, and effortlessly reserve on open table. As we were there to celabrate an important milestone, the staff went out of its way to accommodate us. We ate our meal backwards, meaning starting with deserts, which made it a fun evening. The food is to die for and we enjoy The Marc every time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSoccerMomDined on 10/1/2014Our service representative (or waitress if you prefer) was fantastic! She spoke of the menu with such vibrance I wanted to order everything!!! Especially when she indicated that the delicious tasting fries were calorie free *wink wink*. The whole lunch hour experience was amazing. I'm so pleased to have celebrated my two year work anniversary with my coworkers and the boss at The Marc. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent family dinner for a 21st birthday event ! Wonderful french cuisine ..we loved the Cornish Hen and Duck ..Excellent desserts and champagne. Service was outstanding ! Highly recommended !Special Features:
- Evening at The MarcFromtherockVIPDined on 9/26/2014Table not ready when we arrived so we sat at the bar and had a great glass of wine recommended by the bartender. When we got our table in about 15 minutes our server was excellent. The appie and meal were both great, recommend you have an appie prior to your meal. Will be returning soon.Special Features:
- it's great, wish be betterrebeccaDined on 9/26/2014everything is perfect, friendly service, nice environment, close to homeSpecial Features:
- You have to try itDaddyDinerDined on 9/26/2014Everything about this place is top tier. The food is above traditional fine dining standards. Food fit for royals. It was disappointing however that the lamb can't seem to stay on the menu. Maybe one more exotic red meat would be suggested. Venison? But the service is the best you will find anywhere Our host Luann always makes our visits special.Special Features:
- Late fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014I came to The Marc for the first time last Thursday and the restaurant ambiance, was excellent. I had shared a taste of my partners Duck breast and it was excellent, tender and perfectly prepared. The flank steak was also perfect rare. I wouldn't recommend to anyone who cannot eat rare meat, but for me it was perfect. There was a red pepper sauce underneath that complimented it so well. The service was friendly. In hindsight, I would have appreciated some suggestions on wine for my meal, but I also didn't ask. I would definitely come back to The Marc again to try more dishes. The scallops look delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Needing a well deserved break from parenthood we went to the Marc for some good food and wine and were not disappointed. Not being overly familiar with French wine, the amazing server helped us out and brought us so to try before we made a decision. She never made us feel dumb for not knowing what everything was. Appetizer (arctic char cakes and steak tartare) were quick to the table and amazing. Our entrees (lamb and ribeye) were soon to follow and were also perfect. Excellent service, excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014I love the relaxed atmosphere and personalized attention. The food combinations are quite unique and very tasty. The smoked salmon salad was made with salmon that was smoked in chunks vs lox and the cucumber salad complimented it exquisitely. It is my favourite go to place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/24/2014Awesome!!! The Marc continues to rise above the rest!Special Features:
- Consistently a great experiencebee2beeDined on 9/24/2014The menu is also vibrant and fresh. The wines The daily catch is always my favourite and desserts are a strong point for the Marc, I recommend the Lemon tart and the beignets with the vanilla and caramel sauce. Super tastySpecial Features:
- Gem downtownLily4thevalleyDined on 9/20/2014As always, The Marc hit the mark! We had a wonderful dining experience that was relaxed, well paced and delicious. Patrick and the staff were friendly and knowledgable and went above and beyond to ensure we were well looked after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious french findScott4wineDined on 9/20/2014Went here for our anniversary. Caesar salad and potato leak soup were excellent. 10 oz rub eye was sublime and Cornish hen was very good. Very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious duckurbanfoodieDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is small but quaint. The open concept of it does make the noise level climb quite easily. Our meals were delicious - the duck was divine - I absolutely loved every part of it - the pears were so amazing, and the beet chips in the dish blew my mind! My husband enjoyed the pork belly - and it was a great medley of flavors - the pumpkin seeds were very yummy on top!Special Features:
- Excellent for somemauricsbDined on 9/18/2014We were three for dinner... service was superb, and two of us had absolutely memorable meals. A third person ordered the scallops and wasn't too thrilled... said they tasted like they had been frozen. The same diner also thought the creme caramel was good, but not exceptional. On the other hand, the two of us who had the salted caramel chocolate cake were NOT disappointed. :)Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Marc. I had the lamb chops, which weren't as satisfying as the lamb shank, but perhaps it is a seasonal switch. I just wish I had more lamb. I would have tried the seared scallop, but wasn't sure about the pea puree. Otherwise, everything else was good. However, I noticed that there wasn't a pasta or vegetarian dish that night, which was certainly missed. I would return for a lamb shank in the fall/winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyWoodlandNinjaDined on 9/15/2014If you're in the mood for some outstanding food, excellent service, and/or a romantic venue, this is the place. The noise level is quite high during peak dinner hour, but later on around 830 it settles down and the true nature of this place reveals itself. Even the desserts here are too notch, so save room, or ask which is suitable to take home. It's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.