100, 9940 - 106 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 2N2Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themarc.ca/
- Phone: (780) 429-2828
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 Am - 2:30 Pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Bryan Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: 100 ave and 106 street
- Public Transit: We are just off many popular Jasper Avenue routes on 106 street as well as 1 1/2 blocks south of the Corona LRT station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample meter parking during the day with convenient access. Evening offers plenty of free surface lot parking and street parking after 6 PM.
A word from The Marc
A newcomer to Edmonton's independent food scene The Marc serves up traditional offerings of classic French bistro fare. The daily fresh board offers up worthy specials that compliment this vibrant and bustling room. The Marc has quickly become a must visit as guests delight in rich duck confit and enjoy hefty pours of cheap and cheerful.Continued
Relax at the bar and enjoy a special pour or grab a quick plate at the communal table. Join your friends and allow us to take you to France for a few hours.
Relax at the bar and enjoy a special pour or grab a quick plate at the communal table. Join your friends and allow us to take you to France for a few hours.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Marc - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
The Marc reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (152)special occasion (142)neighborhood gem (89)romantic (87)great for lunch (66)notable wine list (66)good for groups (63)hot spot (45)great for outdoor dining (32)late-night find (25)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- A wonderful dinner!LuvgreatdinasDined on 11/21/2014A group of 4 of us went there for dinner to celebrate a birthday. We have been before so we knew what to expect. It totally met our expectations for the evening. If you love to try "different cocktails" a good recommend, if you like to try "speciality food" it has that too. The desserts were also very yummy. We had great service and an all round great evening. Hope you give it a try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014What can I say? This is a gem of a restaurant from start to finish. Flawless service paired with delicious food is a marriage made in my heaven! Whether it be for a quick lunch or languid dinner it feels very much "chez nous" and is always a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food and minimalist decorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2014Food was very good. Medium rare beef was done perfect. Server was attentive. Prices are quite reasonable for a business lunch kind of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spot!Roberto48Dined on 11/18/2014Business lunch was good, pleasant atmosphere, attentive service. Salmon filet was almost burnt on one side and "brisket" was corned beef with sauerkraut and cheese. Small serving and not good brisket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast & fantasticRosieinedmontonDined on 11/15/2014We were 6 celebrating a few of life's milestones, dinning prior to heading out to the Fleetwood Mac concert. The service was perfect, our waitress directed us to items that would assisted with getting us out in time without making us feel rushed...that's a gift. The food was fabulous. I was wrapped in our own fun so much so I wasn't aware of the room until we were leaving, it looked like everyone was having the time of their lives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!RhodnaDined on 11/15/2014After our first visit to this restaurant, we are looking forward to our next visit. Fantastic food and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, ambience and service ...excellent !Gillian4Dined on 11/15/2014The atmosphere was wonderful. Upscale restaurant without the upscale prices ! From the server to the food to the atmosphere. A real gem. We had the duck , artic char , scallops and rib eye. No one was disappointed!! Appetizers incredible ! From the soup to the octopus. Foodies will love this place ! Not stuffy at all. The desserts and lattes, coffees no disappointments in this restaurant at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not vegetarian friendlyXiaomoDined on 11/15/2014The food was good generally. However, there's only one option for vegetarian, also, the vegetarian dish for that night was just poor made.Special Features:
- One of the best in EdmontonCCampbellVIPDined on 11/14/2014sophisticated , friendly , a beautiful restaurant with food that is always exceptional. I go there as often as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful staff!TOMMDined on 11/14/2014I had dinner with three friends this weekend. The staff were wonderful - attentive, friendly, and helpful with great suggestions. I had the Entrecote Frites - the best steak I've had in a long time! Delicious! I will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still goodSmurfyDined on 11/10/2014Went to The Marc again. Had the steak frites and started with the Caesar salad. The salad had a smaller portion than I remember last time, but the taste was good as usual. Steak was a little overdone, requested medium rare but it was more medium/mid well. Still tasted good, but a little tougher than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingChambersDined on 11/10/2014My wife and I had out first date night out months and chose The Marc on a recommendation from family. We were overwhelmed with the friendly phone-manners to the fantastic service to the incredible food. Our compliments to the whole establishment, we will be returning many, many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food!tmwpDined on 10/25/2014What a find! We had a recommendation from a friend and we are so glad to have gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceBrettDined on 10/25/2014The server was very polite and welcoming, but really pressured us to order very quickly. As soon as we sat down, we were in a race to order. I asked him to repeat the evening specials, instead he quickly pushed my date and I to order the “Entrecote Frites” which I didn't realize meant Steak and French Fries. The cuts of steak that we received had a lot of fat on them and were cooked more rare than how we ordered. At one point my date chewed into way too much fat, and had to spit it out into her napkin. I may have had too high of expectations, but I feel that I should expect more out of your restaurant than your average franchise style. For $130 dinner, we weren't very happy and unfortunately we don't plan on returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- Not the best nightKarmaDined on 10/25/2014I have been to the Marc several time. This last time I had the pork belly and did not like it (too much fat and the rest of the plate was kind of a "mush". I was not the only one that had this meal and the consensus was the same all around; even my ceasar salad was limpy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014The food is so excellent as was the service. We are not fans of the open room concept but there seems to be less of an echo at the Marc which is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealMattDined on 10/23/2014Our group of 6 people had an outstanding time at Marc's. The food was amazing with friendly, attentive service. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceLulu123VIPDined on 10/22/2014I had dinner at the Marc last night with a colleague and it was excellent. Our server was very attentive and we both appreciated how passionate she was when we asked her to explain the French wines for us. We shared a plate of Frites to start and I swear they are the best in the city! I had the flank steak which was tender and delicious and my colleague had the haddock which she really enjoyed. We both loved that as we walked past the kitchen we could see staff working with fresh, local foods.Special Features:
- KickDined on 10/22/2014Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Great food and great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant without pretentionBobbyGDined on 10/22/2014Superb service in terms of courtesy and expedited food serving. Nice atmosphere and convenient location. Food was great and affordable.Special Features:
- Alternative eating downtownDowntownDinerDined on 10/22/2014Although I have eaten dinner many times at The Marc, this was the first time I had the opportunity to have lunch there. Although the menu was limited, the selection was broad enough for most to find something appealing. I ordered the hamburger special - which was minced meat mixed with Montreal smoked meat. All I can say is it worked in theory but not in application. The two meats never blended: the minced meat was cooked but the Montreal smoked meat gave the burger a "steak tartare" feeling. The presentation was good though and the hand made French fries superb.Special Features:
- Food mediocre, lovely atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I went with my partner. Great lighting and wonderful service, our server was knowledgeable and suitably attentive. Concerns: I ordered a cocktail and the glass was short and packed with so much ice my nose hit it with every sip. I could not taste the drink. Some of the sides were overdone and the dish was not well balanced. We had the special, venison sausage and I remember having better as a kid from the local butcher. Our appetizer of duck "pate," which is a dish served cold and to our knowledge, tasted like plain old chicken salad. The wine was delicious. We liked their selection. I had high culinary expectations which were not met, but I enjoyed the ambience and vibe of the place.
- Great farewell lunchShannanBDined on 10/15/2014My friend and I had lunch at the Marc which was fantastic. I had the steak and my dining companion had the smoked salmon. Both of us thuroughly enjoyed our meals. We also had the lemon tart for dessert which was really great but I would have liked something with it to cut the powerful lemon flavour, perhaps some lightly sweetened whipped cream or some blueberries but otherwise lunch was amazing and as always, the service was excellent. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Perfect date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014This is our favourite restaurant in Edmonton! The food is amazing and the servers are knowledgeable and warm. This place is perfect for a date night!Special Features:
- Simple and sophisticatedHellokittyDined on 10/11/2014Overall my husband and I were pleased with our experience. Would like to come back and try more of their drinks, they looked like they were well-made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Steak!DrsteakDined on 10/10/2014I went for the steak tartar and was sadly disappointed, but the ribeye may have been one of the best I've ever eaten!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceKnucklesDined on 10/10/2014My spouse and I went to The Marc for our anniversary. We greatly enjoyed the food, the service was great, and I personally enjoyed their selection of beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for visiting with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014We love to go here with friends. It is a great place for a group of 4 to 6 people to go to enjoy a really nice dinner out and have a relaxed visit. You can actually have a conversation here without having to "up the volume". Service is nicely paced, and we have never felt rushed here. Always a real pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hype is accurateFoodieAmberDined on 10/8/2014I loved the food! Simple, delicious French dishes expertly prepared and without compare in the city. WAY underpriced and over-delivered. Would go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingfitfoodie123Dined on 10/7/2014My first time dining at this restaurant for my moms birthday and it was just so much more than we expected! Looked it up on Urban Spoon and after eating there I was suprised that it only had a rating in the 80's. Would definitely go here again with my partner! I love that they had a small menu but that it was DONE WELL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nightoutDined on 10/4/2014The food was very good, nicely spiced. The steak ended up a bit over cooked, but the duck was fabulous. The atmosphere was good. The only down side was the table for two was very long across making it difficult to hear each other. I am looking forward to coming again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable meal at the Marc2lambchopsDined on 10/4/2014Very refreshing to find owners who take such pride in caring for their patrons. Excellent service, meal and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobswifeDined on 10/4/2014Husband loved it, I found the menu far too limited. Service was outstanding.
- Nice but less than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014I found the food to be slightly blah. The only outstanding things were the salad dressings. We had 3 salads at our table to start and each one was delicious. I had the Entrecote Fries as highly recommended by many and it was good. Not amazing, but good. I ended up wishing I chose something more creative because I wasn't wowed. Had 2 cocktails and they were good. I was underwhelmed so I wouldn't recommend The Marc for a really special occasion but more for a nice plain night out.Special Features:
- GerryDined on 10/3/2014Food is exceptional and service friendly and personableSpecial Features:
- Perfect eveningMazzDined on 10/2/2014We were able to quickly, and effortlessly reserve on open table. As we were there to celabrate an important milestone, the staff went out of its way to accommodate us. We ate our meal backwards, meaning starting with deserts, which made it a fun evening. The food is to die for and we enjoy The Marc every time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSoccerMomDined on 10/1/2014Our service representative (or waitress if you prefer) was fantastic! She spoke of the menu with such vibrance I wanted to order everything!!! Especially when she indicated that the delicious tasting fries were calorie free *wink wink*. The whole lunch hour experience was amazing. I'm so pleased to have celebrated my two year work anniversary with my coworkers and the boss at The Marc. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent family dinner for a 21st birthday event ! Wonderful french cuisine ..we loved the Cornish Hen and Duck ..Excellent desserts and champagne. Service was outstanding ! Highly recommended !Special Features:
- Evening at The MarcFromtherockVIPDined on 9/26/2014Table not ready when we arrived so we sat at the bar and had a great glass of wine recommended by the bartender. When we got our table in about 15 minutes our server was excellent. The appie and meal were both great, recommend you have an appie prior to your meal. Will be returning soon.Special Features:
- it's great, wish be betterrebeccaDined on 9/26/2014everything is perfect, friendly service, nice environment, close to homeSpecial Features: