100, 9940 - 106 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 2N2Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themarc.ca/
- Phone: 7804292828
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 Am - 2:30 Pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Bryan Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: 100 ave and 106 street
- Public Transit: We are just off many popular Jasper Avenue routes on 106 street as well as 1 1/2 blocks south of the Corona LRT station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample meter parking during the day with convenient access. Evening offers plenty of free surface lot parking and street parking after 6 PM.
A word from The Marc
A newcomer to Edmonton's independent food scene The Marc serves up traditional offerings of classic French bistro fare. The daily fresh board offers up worthy specials that compliment this vibrant and bustling room. The Marc has quickly become a must visit as guests delight in rich duck confit and enjoy hefty pours of cheap and cheerful.Continued
Relax at the bar and enjoy a special pour or grab a quick plate at the communal table. Join your friends and allow us to take you to France for a few hours.
Relax at the bar and enjoy a special pour or grab a quick plate at the communal table. Join your friends and allow us to take you to France for a few hours.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Marc - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
The Marc reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (150)special occasion (138)neighborhood gem (80)romantic (79)great for lunch (75)good for groups (55)notable wine list (51)hot spot (47)great for outdoor dining (47)late-night find (16)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Never a disappointment!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Food is always bang on and staff never forgets a face. The Owner always makes his way over to say hello which always makes us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisydg123Dined on 8/29/2014Very good food, but quite noisy in the restaurant, difficult to talk to my date. A large group near us didnt helpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing anniversary dinneredmontonfoodfiendDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I chose the Marc to celebrate our 10 year anniversary because I have never had a bad meal there. Everything was lovely. Our server was attentive and had a good sense of humor. Our appetizer, the octopus salad, was cooked to perfection- a difficult task for land-locked Edmonton. I had the entrecôte frites and my husband had the scallops, also cooked to perfection. Our desert, the chocolate cake, is not my typical choice. I'm not much of a chocolate cake fan. But I told our server to surprise me with the desert, and I am so happy that she brought the chocolate cake. Once again, it was perfect. I wish I could eat every meal at the Marc!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SaskfoodiesDined on 8/29/2014The best meal we have ever had. Great atmosphere. Our server made our experience that much better. Would recommend The Marc to anyone who is looking for great food in a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennisVIPDined on 8/29/2014Took me a year to finally get a reservation. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Pretty Good Experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Had an early reservation for 5:30 PM. Attentive service and a pleasant wait staff. Ordered the cornish hen and arctic char. Overall satisfied but nothing special or overly creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Marc Continues to SucceedNotanotherusernameDined on 8/28/2014The Marc has been on the scene for a while now and I'd say it gets better. we were a table of 8, which is always a bit of a challenge. The Marc managed it with aplomb. The service was thoughtful and prompt. Drinks were great, food allergies were noted and all went perfectly, and the Arctic Char was outstanding. Always a good choice when looking for a place to dine.Special Features:
- Excellent. As alwaysEdmontonDinerDined on 8/28/2014We've been to The Marc many times, as a couple and with groups as large as 8. The food has always been amazing and the service has always been top notch. Never a single disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu limitedLunchtimeDined on 8/28/2014The food is always excellent but the choices are very limited. The choices are always changing and at time I have been hard pressed to find something to choose. There is nothing really to choose that is lighter in calories . However , no matter what your choice you will enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First but not last time!ChrispyBeeDined on 8/27/2014My sister & I took ourselves out for our birthdays - can't say enough about how great the whole experience was - friendly staff, great food, well-priced. My first time going to the Marc, but my sister is a vet & raves about their lunch time salmon/dill potato salad (will go back for that!). Our server knew her stuff, was friendly, cheerful & helpful. My sister had Caesar salad, seared scallops & creme caramel (I think) - I had the green bean & tomato salad, entrecote frites (steak & fries - ordered medium rare & it was bang on), & the lemon tart. Steak comes with a gooey, yummy melting slice of foie gras butter...OMG...truffle aioli for the fries...One word for the whole thing - DELECTABLE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food at the MarcDB49Dined on 8/26/2014I like the Marc as it is reminiscent of Montreal bistros. The menu is not long but everything on it is creative and tasty. The bread to start is crisp and fresh. My table ordered the soup of the day - roasted cream of beet, the potato salad with smoked salmon, the croque madame and the mushrooms on toast with salad. All were well prepared, fresh and delicious. Service was friendly and efficient and our server made the experience fun. I always know that when I take friends to The Marc we will all leave happy. A great neighbourhood bistro. It's a busy place so reservations are recommended.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Excellent food and service. Would definitely recommend again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Arctic Char was splendid!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We had an amazing night! The arctic char was a highlight, and the chocolate ckae with the salted caramel walnut filling was inspired! Josh's service was attendtive without being over-bearing, and his suggestions were right on "the Marc"! Cheesy....but true :) Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerBorisDined on 8/23/2014We went to the Marc to celebrate an anniversary. That atmosphere was friendly and casual but not too casual which suited us perfectly. Overall excellent food, my lamb was some of the best I have ever had. Plate presentation was excellent and the quality of the food and ingredients was top notch. Service was very good and the price for a bottle of wine, 2 appetizers 2 entries and a shared dessert was $125.00 before tip which I thought was a very fair price.Special Features:
- Second Helping...spukspukVIPDined on 8/22/2014Second time around, & worth it. I tell this to, friends etc., and heeding to once own advice, confirms it. A visit near opening of Marc, didn't impress me a 2 years back. Now .. time for a "re-do". Friday night, place is full, staff are busy, but... an attentive server starts a conversation and the repoirer begins with laughter. A bottle of Stags Leap, and now for a pork pate' appetizer. Simple, but nice with pickled shallots sprinklings, and a German grained dijon mustard. Its good, different that it wasn't a fine ground pate' , but course in texture. 8 out of 10. The main, simple dish to the eye yet deverse. Pork andoulle and Elk sausage, made in-house, couscous, & local in season veg's. 9 out of 10. Here's to the staff of Marc..!!!Special Features:
- Unique experienceGeorgasDined on 8/22/2014The Marc was referred to me from a colleague. This is the second visit to this restaurant. Both times has been fully enjoyable, excellent and unique food with a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the GalsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The dinner at The Marc was for a special occasion - it was the night before my wedding and I was dining with my bridesmaids. We had a spectacular evening; martinis, appetizers, main course and of course DESSERT. What a great evening!! Thank you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Reviews-must be friendssadlysoDined on 8/22/2014Don't get all the great reviews. Food okay - not bad, not good just okay - thankfully the prices are good. They need to learn what a sauce is - everything is so dry. Tables are so close together you can't help but overhear all the conversations around you. Service was okay, but it is customary to check with guest to see if everything is okay - no such luck here. This place is okay for a reasonably priced meal if you're not too fussy about the food. PS getting phone calls from staff asking if we will make our reservation while we're sitting down to eat tells the tale of poor training.
- We really enjoyed our lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The tables, however, are quite close together and it is quite noisy when full of people. It is sometimes difficult to have a conversation or to avoid hearing the conversations of the people beside you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak frites missed the MarcOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014For the most part our experience was a good one! Service was awesome, so were our drinks, appy, dessert. Also the scallops were delicious too. We had been recommended the steak frites and it was sub par especially in comparison with everything else. The fries were over cooked (brown n mushy). The steak was done ok in the centre. My husband ordered it rare. But was quite heavily charred on the outside the dominant flavour was char. We also felt the steak was too thin for the calibre we were expecting. And in general a plate with just a mediocre steak and mound of fries for $30 was a bit disappointing. In the end we would go back and recommend The Marc but not the steak frites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Rib eye and fantastic wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I shared our first wedding anniversary and chose the Marc...good choice. The food was exquisite and service was educated. The space is tight so not for the anti social but an overall incredible experience. Yes, we will be back...for the patio this time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for a couples dinnerHprunnerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went here with friends on a recommendation. Helped that I had won a gift certificate too. Started with fresh baked bread and cocktails. I thought the cocktails were expensive for what we got. Ordered a bottle of wine that was fantastic. Our waitress told us that the owner had selects them. Appetizers were good. Dinner was great - interesting that each dish incorporated smoked paprika. Ordered dessert and when one didn't get theirs, the promptly put in the order (beignets so they take time) and comped them. Overall very nice and I would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Have been here four times and the quality of the food is dependable. Beautifully presented and tasty meals that were sensibly sized. Staff always welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I <3 the MarcbeleiveinbeeDined on 8/14/2014Impossible not to love. Everyone always makes an effort to welcome guests . The service is great and attentive, Patrick always makes a point to say hi and check in with his guests, the menu is fresh and classic, and the wine list is refreshing in its gumption to push peoples pallets! Respect ladies and gents, respect! Thank youSpecial Features:
- birthdayboyDined on 8/12/2014Our waitress, Jael was very helpful and attentive. The rack of lamb was the best ever. We have frequented this restaurant several times before, but this was first time we ate in the outside patio. The ambiance was great and the setting added to the enjoyment of the evening. We have to do this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definite must!SMACHNOHODined on 8/12/2014Service and Food was great. Menu had a great selection. Best fries i have ever tasted. Would deffinetly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a dining pleasureEdmontonJamesDined on 8/11/2014Have enjoyed many a meal at the Marc, excellent, interesting food, always a treat, always recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpicegirlDined on 8/9/2014Great place for excellent food served with utmost in service.Special Features:
- Casual atmosphere, average fooddandyshoes14Dined on 8/8/2014Nice spot for a relatively quite meal. A nice casual atmosphere coupled with good food made for an enjoyable all around experience. The food was certainly good, just not quite what you would hope for at the given price range. I would return again, perhaps to try different items to see if I could find a favorite or gem that would elevate my opinion of the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014Another excellent meal!!! Our friends from Victoria had never been and they thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you!!!!!Special Features:
- justicejVIPDined on 8/6/2014still one of the best restaurant s in Edmonton -----------------------------------------------------------------Special Features:
- Buddy2Dined on 8/6/2014We were celebrating two birthdays so decided to try somewhere new to us. We tried tomato and fennel soup which was smooth and lightly spiced, the escargot was savory, the duck was plain (would not order the dish again) and ceasar salad which was delicious. Two people ordered the lamb and thought it was delicious. They thought the best part was the coucous dish that accompanied the lamb. The steak dish was ordered and we were extremely disappointed to see it come with plain french fries. The accompanying dip was very tasty as was the steak. It was cooked perfectly and was tender but it still came with french fries. Desert was delicious!!Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary. We sat on the patio and enjoyed a quiet evening with delicious food and wine with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experiencePaavoDined on 8/1/2014I come here a lot but last Friday was off the chart! Duck and Arctic char were excellent as always, but the special attention paid to diet restrictions, while providing a delicious solution took the evening to a select experience. Outstanding food and service. Thank you LuAnne, Doris and Patrick! You keep getting betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu changedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014The menu has changed and the new menu is disappionting. The lovely salads are no more and the mains are uninspiring. The brisket sandwhich was barely ok- could not taste the saurekraut or the dijon and the meat could have been more tender. The salted carmel chocolate cake was great. Won't be back for lunch for some time.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and we had a fantastic time. Everything about this place is amazing. The menu is small but everything we tried from it was incredible. A great place, we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it everytimebee2beeDined on 7/28/2014I just always feel welcome here and enjoy the simple yet tasty menu. The service is on point, attentive yet not over-baring, and always dishing out a little extra on the experience points. Really appreciate the unique wine list and the ease that they push the envelope with some different wines that are amazing, loved the tradition style pinot grigio with a slight rose blush. Really recommend The Marc for honest good dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Great restaurant ,nice service Food was prezented nicely and very tasty , one problem wine is too expensive ,iIam europien and for me wine is just addition to good meal ,,you dont need to spend 50$ for botle of wine ..Every restaurant in France has also house wine list .and you should be able to get bottle of house wine for around 20$ . YOU DONT NEED TO ORDER EXPENSIVE WINE TO FINISH YOUR GREAT MEAL Derek[email@example.com]I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate Experiencei8barbieDined on 7/23/2014I called ahead for a friends birthday and set up a veg dish for myself, and chocolate cake with a sparkler for her. When we arrived, they did not have a table set up for us and asked where we wanted to be seated. The server asked for our order, even though I had called ahead. The "special" vegetarian dish was a few lentils, wilted spinach, and peppers. It was very unappetizing/bland and was about the size of the palm of my hand. The server then ruined the surprise by asking if we wanted dessert, and I had to admit that it was her birthday. They offered her a free birthday drink, which curdled when it arrived. They did offer to remove my meal, but I had to pull the server aside to explain the frustration first. Fine dining? I think not.Special Features:
- pc1961Dined on 7/22/2014As we walked up, the aromas wafting from the kitchen were fantastic. Modern decor. Attentive service, without being intrusive. Excellent food, well prepared ... flavourful is an understatement. Interesting menu (in a good way). I almost hate to recommend this place in case I can't get a reservation myself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.