100, 9940 - 106 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 2N2Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themarc.ca/
- Phone: 7804292828
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 Am - 2:30 Pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Bryan Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: 100 ave and 106 street
- Public Transit: We are just off many popular Jasper Avenue routes on 106 street as well as 1 1/2 blocks south of the Corona LRT station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample meter parking during the day with convenient access. Evening offers plenty of free surface lot parking and street parking after 6 PM.
A word from The Marc
A newcomer to Edmonton's independent food scene The Marc serves up traditional offerings of classic French bistro fare. The daily fresh board offers up worthy specials that compliment this vibrant and bustling room. The Marc has quickly become a must visit as guests delight in rich duck confit and enjoy hefty pours of cheap and cheerful.Continued
Relax at the bar and enjoy a special pour or grab a quick plate at the communal table. Join your friends and allow us to take you to France for a few hours.
Relax at the bar and enjoy a special pour or grab a quick plate at the communal table. Join your friends and allow us to take you to France for a few hours.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Marc - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
The Marc reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (156)special occasion (140)neighborhood gem (94)romantic (85)great for lunch (75)good for groups (60)notable wine list (56)great for outdoor dining (46)hot spot (45)late-night find (20)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Special Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent family dinner for a 21st birthday event ! Wonderful french cuisine ..we loved the Cornish Hen and Duck ..Excellent desserts and champagne. Service was outstanding ! Highly recommended !Special Features:
- Evening at The MarcFromtherockVIPDined on 9/26/2014Table not ready when we arrived so we sat at the bar and had a great glass of wine recommended by the bartender. When we got our table in about 15 minutes our server was excellent. The appie and meal were both great, recommend you have an appie prior to your meal. Will be returning soon.Special Features:
- it's great, wish be betterrebeccaDined on 9/26/2014everything is perfect, friendly service, nice environment, close to homeSpecial Features:
- You have to try itDaddyDinerDined on 9/26/2014Everything about this place is top tier. The food is above traditional fine dining standards. Food fit for royals. It was disappointing however that the lamb can't seem to stay on the menu. Maybe one more exotic red meat would be suggested. Venison? But the service is the best you will find anywhere Our host Luann always makes our visits special.Special Features:
- Late fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014I came to The Marc for the first time last Thursday and the restaurant ambiance, was excellent. I had shared a taste of my partners Duck breast and it was excellent, tender and perfectly prepared. The flank steak was also perfect rare. I wouldn't recommend to anyone who cannot eat rare meat, but for me it was perfect. There was a red pepper sauce underneath that complimented it so well. The service was friendly. In hindsight, I would have appreciated some suggestions on wine for my meal, but I also didn't ask. I would definitely come back to The Marc again to try more dishes. The scallops look delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Needing a well deserved break from parenthood we went to the Marc for some good food and wine and were not disappointed. Not being overly familiar with French wine, the amazing server helped us out and brought us so to try before we made a decision. She never made us feel dumb for not knowing what everything was. Appetizer (arctic char cakes and steak tartare) were quick to the table and amazing. Our entrees (lamb and ribeye) were soon to follow and were also perfect. Excellent service, excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014I love the relaxed atmosphere and personalized attention. The food combinations are quite unique and very tasty. The smoked salmon salad was made with salmon that was smoked in chunks vs lox and the cucumber salad complimented it exquisitely. It is my favourite go to place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014Awesome!!! The Marc continues to rise above the rest!Special Features:
- Consistently a great experiencebee2beeDined on 9/24/2014The menu is also vibrant and fresh. The wines The daily catch is always my favourite and desserts are a strong point for the Marc, I recommend the Lemon tart and the beignets with the vanilla and caramel sauce. Super tastySpecial Features:
- Gem downtownLily4thevalleyDined on 9/20/2014As always, The Marc hit the mark! We had a wonderful dining experience that was relaxed, well paced and delicious. Patrick and the staff were friendly and knowledgable and went above and beyond to ensure we were well looked after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious french findScott4wineDined on 9/20/2014Went here for our anniversary. Caesar salad and potato leak soup were excellent. 10 oz rub eye was sublime and Cornish hen was very good. Very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious duckurbanfoodieDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is small but quaint. The open concept of it does make the noise level climb quite easily. Our meals were delicious - the duck was divine - I absolutely loved every part of it - the pears were so amazing, and the beet chips in the dish blew my mind! My husband enjoyed the pork belly - and it was a great medley of flavors - the pumpkin seeds were very yummy on top!Special Features:
- Excellent for somemauricsbDined on 9/18/2014We were three for dinner... service was superb, and two of us had absolutely memorable meals. A third person ordered the scallops and wasn't too thrilled... said they tasted like they had been frozen. The same diner also thought the creme caramel was good, but not exceptional. On the other hand, the two of us who had the salted caramel chocolate cake were NOT disappointed. :)Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Marc. I had the lamb chops, which weren't as satisfying as the lamb shank, but perhaps it is a seasonal switch. I just wish I had more lamb. I would have tried the seared scallop, but wasn't sure about the pea puree. Otherwise, everything else was good. However, I noticed that there wasn't a pasta or vegetarian dish that night, which was certainly missed. I would return for a lamb shank in the fall/winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyWoodlandNinjaDined on 9/15/2014If you're in the mood for some outstanding food, excellent service, and/or a romantic venue, this is the place. The noise level is quite high during peak dinner hour, but later on around 830 it settles down and the true nature of this place reveals itself. Even the desserts here are too notch, so save room, or ask which is suitable to take home. It's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014Went to The Marc to celebrate my friend's birthday on the recommendation of another friend. Wow, it was amazing from start to finish. The service was impeccable. Our server was more than happy to make recommendations on the wine and food choice and she was spot on with both choices. We started with the octopus appetizer and, having never tried octopus before, it was excellent. The smoky glaze on it made for a delicious combination. For the main course, I ordered the chef's special, which was duck confit with duck sausage, and my friend had the Arctic Char. Again, both dishes were amazingly good. That was probably the best and most tender duck I've ever had. For dessert we opted for the beignets. Again, excellent!! Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- staff very personableenjoyable63birthdayDined on 9/13/2014We were greeted at the door with our name in a warm friendly manner, before we said anything and immediately brought to our table. The waitress was wonderfully helpful and made suggestions on food and wine, she was right about everything. We choose both bottles of wine she suggested, a white and red, which were excellent. Her support staff were always attentive and maintained both our water and wine glasses but never seemed to be hovering or present. Our group will recommend THE MARC to all our friends and family. It was another wonderful birthday memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I highly recommend this restaurant because you will find an excellent service, great food, and a notable wine list.Special Features:
- Some hits, some missesfeedmeDined on 9/13/2014The starters of olives and okra on grilled bread were phenomenal. Soup (corn, bacon and potato chowder) was very good and octopus was really exceptional - charred on the outside, tender, with great little taste explosions from the accompaniments. For mains, the duck breast special was nice, a little chewy, but the house-made duck sausage took it way over the top - the flavour and texture were wonderful. Accompaniments were perfect, from presentation to texture to complementary flavours. The steak frites were competently done, but the steak was a bit bland. Next time we'll try the flank steak, as it's marinated extensively beforehand. Servers were very friendly and approachable and really knew the offerings. Attentive but discreet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingQtfoodDined on 9/12/2014Friendly service, amazing food and charming character!! Great place for a classy dinner with friends or an elegant one on one. Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuculiciousDined on 9/12/2014Consistently great food and great service at value prices:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterWillreturnDined on 9/11/2014Two out of three of the main courses we ordered were over-salted. I ordered the scallops and there were only three on the plate. Even though they were large scallops, that seemed stingy to me. The preparation was also so so. I have eaten at the Marc many times. This was the first time I was disappointed.Special Features:
- Marvelous food, excellent serviceEateateatDined on 9/11/2014I love the Marc. It rarely disappoints, and this time was no exception. I went for the daily special of the fish cakes, and my companions selected my very favorite, mushrooms on toast. The fish cakes were very, very good - but those mushrooms on toast can't Be beat! We had great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place!TravelKatDined on 9/10/2014The Marc is a very versatile restaurant, great for brunch, dinner meetings or celebrating those special occasions. The food and service are excellent and the atmosphere is peaceful and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2014Been here a few times now and I am never disappointed. Best restaurant in the city hands down. Very underrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weird room but food and service *TradeshowDinerVIPDined on 9/6/2014The room is a bit weird. Not decorated and plain. But the food and service make up for it big time! My lamb sat on a bed of Jerusalem couscous and veggies that I am still dreaming about! The steak tartar was delish, great size and an extremely reasonable $12 for the order. The cocktail menu is weak but they are willing to try to make anything you request. I had ordered a cocktail on their menu that was $14. They didn't have one ingredient so they made a variation and only charged $12 I was very impressed! Great spot and prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time diners at the marcteppyDined on 9/6/2014we chose the marc to celebrate two 50th birthdays. it was perfect altho the restaurant got quite noisy with a large table next to us. decor wise, there is little to buffer sound in the dining area ie: plants, upholstery, drapery or dividers. our server was a delight altho it was difficult to hear her over the noise. the options to change menu d/t diet restrictions was easy and appreciated. we would definitely return to the marc for other occasions and menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming and deliciousliveforfoodDined on 9/6/2014Each time we go to The Marc it feels like being welcome to a friend's home. The food is delicious with just enough variety to let you try something different if you feel adventurous. How lucky we are to have a place where you can rely on the wonderful ambiance and good food, all within a walk from home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at the MarcBrunsieDined on 9/6/2014Our wedding anniversary night was met with a warm welcome, friendly and genuine service and the food was realy good. The tartare was oustanding as well the rib eye was great, just a little more done than I like but whos a mind reader. The donut desert reminded me so much of my french canadian roots and my mom and aunts deserts except they would have made the dip sucre a la creme. Its a bit tough to say it was a romantice private experience being quite open but it reminded me of a busy montreal bistro. The wine service was outstanding as well the oportunity to pick by taste and the prices were great for what we got. Will I go back.. you bet I will and we will bring friends and family here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceGarthDined on 9/5/2014We really enjoyed our evening at the Marc.The service was exceptional, our waitress Jael was very knowledgeable in all the menu items and suggested an absolutely great wine to go with our very delicious meal. All the food is great from the appetizers to dessert. It is fairly loud in the restaurant but totally worth going to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No surprises is a good thingTwinTurboDined on 9/5/2014When it comes to a weekday lunch, I don't need surprises. The Marc remains reliably consistent from the welcome at the door to the farewell on the steps outside. The ambiance is bright, smart, and easy on the eyes. The food is delicious and well presented. The service is thoughtful and punctual, and although the lunch crowd filled the place, the sound level remained acceptable. Full marks on all fronts. We love it hear, and the consistency, quality and charm keep us coming back.Special Features:
- JackVIPDined on 9/4/2014Another great night @ The Marc. Jael & the staff made us feel right at home. Food & service wonderful as usual.Special Features:
- excellent lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014They had a good variety to choose from and the food was delicious and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceFoodieDined on 9/2/2014to enjoy a delightful choice of menu items with great service - the only suggestion I have to the restaurant is improved ventilation. Often my clothes smell like I have been cooking in a kitchen all day.Special Features:
- Always a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014My fiancée an I have been going to the Marc at least once a month for the last two years. The service is always on point. Great food! Excellent ambiance! A gem in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment!!!Heart2DineDined on 8/30/2014Food is always bang on and staff never forgets a face. The Owner always makes his way over to say hello which always makes us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisydg123Dined on 8/29/2014Very good food, but quite noisy in the restaurant, difficult to talk to my date. A large group near us didnt helpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing anniversary dinneredmontonfoodfiendDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I chose the Marc to celebrate our 10 year anniversary because I have never had a bad meal there. Everything was lovely. Our server was attentive and had a good sense of humor. Our appetizer, the octopus salad, was cooked to perfection- a difficult task for land-locked Edmonton. I had the entrecôte frites and my husband had the scallops, also cooked to perfection. Our desert, the chocolate cake, is not my typical choice. I'm not much of a chocolate cake fan. But I told our server to surprise me with the desert, and I am so happy that she brought the chocolate cake. Once again, it was perfect. I wish I could eat every meal at the Marc!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SaskfoodiesDined on 8/29/2014The best meal we have ever had. Great atmosphere. Our server made our experience that much better. Would recommend The Marc to anyone who is looking for great food in a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennisVIPDined on 8/29/2014Took me a year to finally get a reservation. We will be back again.Special Features: